Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Looking at what I can find on this, it looks like it's 600 breakthrough cases out of 3 million people. Am I way off on this?

Basically, I have no more pandemic bubble, but I am 3x Moderna'd. Am I way overestimating the likelihood of my getting ill? I'm among the most cautious people I know with this, because I can't afford to lose any more functionality than I've already lost from my preexisting health issues. If it really is .02%, then I feel a lot better, but I've been concerned that it's WAY more than that.

it's significantly more than 600 breakthrough cases. one state has reported that like 25% of their hospitalizations are vaccinated people. you have to scale that vs how many people are vaccinated so it isn't as bad as it seems (for example if 95% of people were vaccinated then 25% of cases being vaccinated is still very good, which is likely the case because most hospitalized are still olds) but the vaccine is not a suit of armor around your cells. it is like hiring some virus cops to live in your blood.

the CDC is incredibly stupid and is pandering hard to the open-biden crowd so you should do whatever they say, but then be much more paranoid and never leave your house or take off your respirator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sheep vape pen new miracle cure?!?! doctors don't want you to know this one weird trick!!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Impkins Patootie posted:

does it really taste like apples

it tastes like apples taste to horses

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I cannot wait for all the new job opportunities when companies start mandating the vaccine and people start quitting

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Anyone know if placebo shots make your arm hurt? My friends got their kids into one of the vaccine trials and are trying to figure out if they can tell if they get the real shot or are in the control group.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fix posted:

Mother in law's husband is off to find an ICU bed in rural as gently caress Oklahoma. Wheeeee.

see you in Minnesota!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I like this doc

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

PDP-1 posted:

Anyone know if placebo shots make your arm hurt? My friends got their kids into one of the vaccine trials and are trying to figure out if they can tell if they get the real shot or are in the control group.

they could, yeah. There is no easy way to tell.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

HORSE BLIND

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

drat, making me hungry

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

PDP-1 posted:

i saw someone on here say that telling the study that your kid is going to be vaccinated outside of the study would force them to disclose.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

The worst is when I try to call the family and it goes to voicemail and we can't just wait around to call back. The last time they talked to their family was the last time they talked to their family and then I get to talk to them afterwards and it's just

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
new miracle cure

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Stereotype posted:

it's significantly more than 600 breakthrough cases. one state has reported that like 25% of their hospitalizations are vaccinated people. you have to scale that vs how many people are vaccinated so it isn't as bad as it seems (for example if 95% of people were vaccinated then 25% of cases being vaccinated is still very good, which is likely the case because most hospitalized are still olds) but the vaccine is not a suit of armor around your cells. it is like hiring some virus cops to live in your blood.

the CDC is incredibly stupid and is pandering hard to the open-biden crowd so you should do whatever they say, but then be much more paranoid and never leave your house or take off your respirator.

anecdotally, the vaccinated people actually ending up in hospital are also people with significant risk to COVID already (age, diabetes, etc.)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

I’M BLIND! I’M BLIND!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

skewetoo posted:

Sneaking into the ICU like Solid Snake for the mission of administering sheep drench to my loved one

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if the kid study is like the grown up one i did they will tell you if it was a placebo at some point after they've got their data.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Its funny how right wingers live in perpetual fear of lockdowns that will never happen. Whatever justifies their role playing as oppressed people I guess

same way they're constantly shrieking about how democrats are going to come take their guns despite guns only being taken by Republicans in my lifetime.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

Stereotype posted:

I feel like I crack ping'd hardddd the last few weeks.

Looking at the 25% stat (assuming you're referring to LA, that's the one that came up when I looked this up), they're saying the following:

quote:

According to LA County Public Health, through July 16:

-0.27% of people who were fully vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine tested positive for COVID
-0.09% of those who were fully vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine tested positive for COVID
-0.15% of those who were fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine tested positive for COVID

I'm grateful to this thread for giving me good info, but I also (and this is not a criticism, but an observation in myself), think it's been pretty terrible for my mental health.

What do I make of any of this?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

skewetoo posted:

Sneaking into the ICU like Solid Snake for the mission of administering sheep drench to my loved one

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Crazypoops posted:

Metal gear death music "PASTE, PAAAASATE"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

When prompted with the vaccine: I will never put something UNNATURAL in my body

When given horse dewormer: HELL YEAH

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

A lot of people on the ivermectin subreddit (lol, lmao) are saying ‘horse wormer’ instead of ‘dewormer,’ so now I’m imaging their next step being intentionally giving themselves horse parasites. “Yes, I can feel the worms working! Also I’m making GBS threads blood, like A LOT of blood, but hey, going blind didn’t stop me!”

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

( S E E )

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

A lot of people on the ivermectin subreddit (lol, lmao) are saying ‘horse wormer’ instead of ‘dewormer,’ so now I’m imaging their next step being intentionally giving themselves horse parasites. “Yes, I can feel the worms working! Also I’m making GBS threads blood, like A LOT of blood, but hey, going blind didn’t stop me!”

:stare:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Drove by a cash for gold place earlier that had a thoughts and prayer ad on their electric marque for someone who is battling Covid.

The vast majority of people know someone who died from Covid or who is/was horribly sick. And they still don’t give a gently caress.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

I’M BLIND! I’M BLIND!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1430282725081030657?s=20

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Things predictably changed a lot in a month and a half since mid July, with delta on the horizon, breakthrough cases were not tracked so you gotta look at current trend numbers.

Hope this helpz!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Biowarfare posted:

but this never stopped?

"Sorry. I meant to say mortality, not normality"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

I feel like I crack ping'd hardddd the last few weeks.

Looking at the 25% stat (assuming you're referring to LA, that's the one that came up when I looked this up), they're saying the following:

I'm grateful to this thread for giving me good info, but I also (and this is not a criticism, but an observation in myself), think it's been pretty terrible for my mental health.

What do I make of any of this?

they have the denominator wrong. everyone is doing it, it's infuriating and we talk about it here constantly.

"-0.15% of those who were fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine tested positive for COVID" means they are dividing the number who tested positive by everyone who has been vaccinated whether they have been exposed or not. it is identical to saying that, if you get in a car accident, your risk of dying is the number of traffic deaths in a year divided by the total number of trips taken by all Americans in a year, which is also a super low number but is clearly wrong. the real denominator should be how many vaccinated people caught the virus after they were exposed. no one knows that number though, so they just use the bullshit statistic because it looks good.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SEND 2 FRIENDS SUCK AND gently caress

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

PDP-1 posted:

If they were lazy and just used saline as the control, yeah they got the real stuff. If they did a proper control, it should be the identical mixture minus the RNA, so probably feels the same.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

there is meme potential with the horse paste and Olympic horse with the girl, just saying

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

I’M BLIND! I’M BLIND!

Mother Base R&D team isn't sending their best

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Wasn't there a thing with people intentionally going on vacations to africa to infect their feet and legs with, like, guinea worms to fight off other health issues they had

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

papa horny michael posted:

Wasn't there a thing with people intentionally going on vacations to africa to infect their feet and legs with, like, guinea worms to fight off other health issues they had

Yes, it's supposed to get rid of allergies and auto-immune diseases.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

papa horny michael posted:

i've read of people infesting themselves with worms as a means of fighting autoimmune disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACm6AdvAA_A

Open this in another tab and keep browsing ivermectin on twitter