Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"A new dark age in Afghanistan – Chris Riddell on the resurgence of the Taliban"

Sunday Telegraph:

Cap cost of 'rip-off' PCR tests, Government told

Sunday Times:

US criticised as it races against time to save its Afghan helpers from Taliban

Mail on Sunday:

British man accused of spying for Russia will not be extradited from Germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Joe Biden and Afghanistan - All kinds of trouble left behind as the west walks away"

Telegraph:

After Joe Rosenthal.

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 16, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the war on terror – The Taliban retake control of Afghanistan after the US decision to pull troops out"

Telegraph:

After Shelley.

Matt:

Geronimo the alpaca’s future to be decided at hearing, says vet

Independent:

Times:

Kabul airport: footage appears to show Afghans falling from plane after takeoff

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the fall of Kabul

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on the threat to women’s rights in Afghanistan – Since the Taliban occupied Kabul, female journalists have gone into hiding and most women in the city have stayed indoors, despite assurances from the new regime that they are not in danger"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Energy bills could soar under 'green gas' hydrogen strategy

Independent:

Times:

No one saw this coming, Raab says of Taliban’s rapid Afghan takeover

Evening Standard:

Patel hints Afghans crossing Channel will be treated same as other migrants

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Joe Biden's Afghan brawl

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I have no idea whether Davey thinks that's a good thing or a bad thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's just a Priti Patel is a bad person thing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Priti Patel’s approach to refugees — Afghans seeking refuge in the UK who arrive on small boats from across the Channel will be treated the same as any other migrants who enter the country by the same means, the home secretary has suggested"

Telegraph:

‘US should be leading this’: Ministers say Afghanistan crisis has fallen to UK

Matt:

Train passengers may face bumper ticket price rise next year

Independent:

Times:

‘Where is global Britain on streets of Kabul?’: Theresa May blasts UK failure in Afghanistan – video

Evening Standard:

Desperate Afghan mums throw babies over barbed wire fences and beg soldiers to take them

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Taliban takeover

Did Meghan Markle pen the Sussexes' statement on Afghanistan? Social media users say 'Americanisms' like 'fall' and 'organization' suggest it was written by the Duchess

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Woman writes statement, Paul loses his mind

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm the Taliban flag with taliban written on it a bunch of times in a 90s sporty font.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Johnson and Raab’s Afghanistan platitudes — Dominic Raab ‘refused to be contacted’ about some government business while he was on holiday in the days leading up to the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan"

Telegraph:

(possibly after this Photoshopped image that was doing the rounds)

Matt:

Independent:

Dominic Raab under pressure to quit after delegating ‘rescue call’ for Afghan translators

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a Foreign Secretary's blunder

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"David Squires on Desmond Swayne’s comments on Afghans fleeing the Taliban – The Conservative MP and former international development minister has criticised Afghans for ‘queuing at the airport’ in Kabul to flee the Taliban"

Telegraph:

Joe Biden’s handling of Afghanistan threatens to plunge UK-US relations to lowest point in 25 years

Matt:

UK vaccine watchdog expert sceptical about booster jabs for all adults

Independent:

Times:

Tory criticism mounts over Dominic Raab’s handling of Afghanistan crisis

Stephen Collins:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am extremely down for non-sports Squires, more of this please.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Can someone explain to me why the UK cartoonists are so upset about the US pulling out? I thought the UK pulled out back in 2014 after OBL was killed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, the UK was still in, maybe with reduced numbers. The US withdrawal - and subsequent withdrawal of everyone else because nobody would provide more forces to fill the gap - has not gone down well with the standard group of sabre rattlers on the right complaining about weakness and national pride, but also those who are complaining about troops dying in vain and wasted investment. Then all the left are pissed about the general humanitarian shitshow and our non-existent exit plan loving over the translators, other support staff and all the aid agencies who have been trying to rebuild the country into something modern-ish in outlook. It has also compounded on the recent gender equality battles concerning the middle east.

Basically, everyone is attacking and looking for someone to blame. Some of the papers, needing someone to target and not wanting to fixate on Boris & co, are fixating on Biden instead.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tibalt posted:

Can someone explain to me why the UK cartoonists are so upset about the US pulling out? I thought the UK pulled out back in 2014 after OBL was killed.

It's easier to blame America for the waste of British life in Afghanistan (coz you know these psychos don't give a toss about Afghan lives) than facing up to the reality that the whole endeavour was a waste right from the off and the Taliban literally offered to hand over Bin Laden almost as soon as 9/11 happened.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I am extremely down for non-sports Squires, more of this please.
:same:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson and Dominic Raab fail Afghanistan – The prime minister and the foreign secretary do a good job of delegation – and not much else"

Sunday Telegraph:

Joe Biden's aides 'too afraid' to tell him he was wrong on Afghanistan, say White House insiders

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what's boris yeltsin doing there? :/

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
I was going to say something like, one would have to be a right stupid oval office to think Trump 1) gives a poo poo about anything like Afghanistan or 2) even manages to understand what is going on and where with his smooth-bleached brain

Then I realised it's Mac, so... yep, that's how a great intellectual like him sees Trump

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the US withdrawal from Afghanistan – Death and terror left behind as US forces pull out"

Telegraph:

Tony Blair: Afghanistan exit gives opportunities to UK’s enemies

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Nosedive in UK-US relations is another casualty of Afghanistan’s fall

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is that the rarest of all things, a non-poo poo Blower?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Tony Blair, the great uniter

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Tony Blair’s Afghanistan intervention — The UK and other countries should ‘commit for the long term’ in places such as Afghanistan, Tony Blair has argued"

Telegraph:

Afghanistan: G7 leaders to seek unity on Taliban as deadline for evacuation looms

Matt:

Extinction Rebellion blocks busy junction in day one of new London campaign

Independent:

UK evacuation from Afghanistan ‘down to hours not weeks’

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the great roads rip-off

Driven to despair: War on motorists as councils rake in record £1.76bn in car fines and fees... and STILL tell us to cycle more

David Squires:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Paul Thomas strengthening my hard held belief that Tories hate cyclists because they dispise the fact that it’s “free”, and anyone getting anything for free must be taking something away from them.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Your average brit, along with being wrong about nearly everything else as well, still thinks Vehicle Excise Duty is still called Road Tax and is used to pay for roads, and is incredibly mad that cyclists are freeloading off the infrastructure hardworking motorists built with their own bare hands. So that tracks.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
yeah i've been in the car with certain family members who have that attitude and think it's okay to risk people's lives because of it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Agricultural vehicles often don't have to pay it either, but I'm going to bet they don't try to ram tractors.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian: Steve Bell's Twitter:

Telegraph:

Extinction Rebellion blocks junction in London’s West End in latest protest

Matt:

HGV driver shortages could ‘cancel’ Christmas, warns Iceland boss :ohdearsass:

Independent:

Biden pours salt into wounds of relations with Europe at G7 meeting

Times:

Evening Standard:

‘The sea was closed’: Raab denies paddleboarding while Kabul fell

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... how the mighty fall

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Blower just sits there drawing hateful cartoons of things that have caused some minor inconveniences to his life doesn't he

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Seen about half a dozen "Taliban are big strong chads, West weak manlets" cartoons now.

Paul will be changing his name to Bulus ibn Tumas al-Barid by next week.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

crispix posted:

Blower just sits there drawing hateful cartoons of things that have caused some minor inconveniences to his life doesn't he

Has anyone ever seen two older people in the back seat of a car on a motorway?

What his frame of reference here, with the lack of lorries, is cars queueing for the ferry in Dover in the late 1980s, which is presumably the last time he left the cotswolds.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Guavanaut posted:

Seen about half a dozen "Taliban are big strong chads, West weak manlets" cartoons now.

Paul will be changing his name to Bulus ibn Tumas al-Barid by next week.

It’s a blatant excuse to draw all the incredibly racist stereotypes again, last time the right wing cartoons were let off the leash like this was 9/11.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Adcock's one in the Independent is probably the worst for that.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Joe Biden’s foreign policy — Mario Draghi, the Italian PM, believes he is close to winning the support of Joe Biden to stage a special G20 peace conference on Afghanistan next month that will include key players who have close links with the Taliban"

Telegraph:

Matt:

UK plunges towards supply chain crisis due to staff and transport disruption

Independent:

Times:

‘The sea was closed’: Raab denies paddleboarding while Kabul fell; Baby on Nevermind cover sues Nirvana over child sexual exploitation

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the death of a rock icon

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't draw Lennon and Harrison in hell, 4/10 must do better

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s global Britain — Boris Johnson has signalled that the British evacuation mission in Kabul is coming to an end, saying the ‘vast majority’ of eligible Afghans have now been flown out"

Telegraph:

UK toy chain warns of reduced choice at Christmas because of supply disruption

Matt:

Confusion over Covid jabs for over-12s in England ahead of new school term

Independent:

Priti Patel urges Afghans not to flee to UK and instead wait for safe routes – but fails to outline plans

Times:

Evening Standard:

Islamic State claims responsibility for Kabul airport blasts

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a world in turmoil

Bonus! David Squires on… Tom Cruise’s curry odyssey

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the US and UK withdrawal from Afghanistan - Much trouble remains for those left behind as western nations exit Afghanistan after 20 years"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Afghanistan statistics: UK deaths, casualties, mission costs and refugees

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
https://twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/1431558725899362308

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The ghosts of Afghan conflicts past – The British withdrawal from Kabul is the latest in a long line"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Animal Rebellion paints Buckingham Palace fountain red

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The royals are petty, antisocial, and vindictive, it is the good Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Of course the XR people are shown as working class and not the posh.