Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

it's from your second shot and the 6 months news is brand new, hasn't turned into policy just yet. apparently just sources close to WSJ confirming it will change

if wsj, nyt, or wapo runs a story about internal government deliberations you can probably assume it's accurate, those are the papers that have all the highest placed connections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Iron Crowned posted:

Contagion is a comedy!

The sci Fi comedy of the (flu) season

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

covid samsara making me realize things about real samsara

*breaks out meditation pad*

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

we like to huff our own farts op

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the technology was invented in the 2000s, and moderna and biontech were both founded around 2010 to develop and sell mrna drugs but nobody ever put up the money to develop a drug because vaccine development never has been acceptably profitable for pharma until the US, EU, etc governments shoveled a million billion dollars to make one for covid

this is the real mRNA conspiracy

we had the basics of the cure for a bunch of poo poo years ago but it wasn't profitable until WARP SPEED

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

like some monkeys with a miniature virus
and when i cough your way it really is in you

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

like some monkeys with a miniature virus
and when i cough your way it really is in you

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/LisaMarieBoothe/status/1430238477992538112?s=20

quote:

@FoxNews | 🎙 The Truth with Lisa Boothe @iHeartradio & @Gingrich360

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
gently caress....

twelve monkeys really was a documentary :gonk:

return to monke

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1427948657232564231?s=20

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lacrosse posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

there's another thought, it's just "if this wasn't true that'd be uncomfortable for a lot of reasons so I'm going to assume it's true" and it's usually fleeting and subconscious until immediate local conditions are severe enough to bring it to the forefront

it's like how everyone that's ever read a newspaper article about anything they're knowledgeable in says "lol that doesn't make any sense, that's bullshit, this journalist didn't do any research" and then forget they ever had that thought when they read articles about stuff they don't know anything about and accept it as incontrovertible truth

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Lacrosse posted:

It's because we berate stupid posts mercilessly until the poster's brain reboots as a defense mechanism

that's why d&d sucks so bad. full brain lock caused by terminal decorum

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

except China lmao

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
This thread also started with the premise of 'the novel virus with unclear long term complications spreading out of control is bad' instead of 'BUT WHAT OF THE ECONOMY AND BRUNCH????'

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My school is doing a contest for people who get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination. The prizes include forgiveness of 3,000 dollars of students loans, a free semester's tuition, and a free year's tuition.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

except China lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the media has this way of just trying to manifest things

i don't think we need to manufacture consent about covid being a seasonal norm because some bored affluent media personality is staring at his navel going what if, do we?

"influential corners"
*under breath* jesus loving christ

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I am going to hazard a guess that the difference between waiting 5,6,7 or 8 months is probably 0%

So act now and avoid the rush 🤷‍♂️ and Lord your superior prediction skills to all the girls on tinder during your brief period of maxT

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Shear Modulus posted:

if wsj, nyt, or wapo runs a story about internal government deliberations you can probably assume it's accurate, those are the papers that have all the highest placed connections

oh yeah i don't doubt it's going to change, just that you can't badger a CVS pharmacist about it right now

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

yeah ok let’s let millions go unvaccinated and allow them
to decimate our health systems so everyone else can die of a broken ankle or whatever

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SplitSoul posted:

Please clop.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The main Ivermectin Facebook group got shut down

So here are 21 screenshots that you folks might enjoy, some of them you might've seen already

Nevar forget

Drumroll please...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

the media has this way of just trying to manifest things

i don't think we need to manufacture consent about covid being a seasonal norm because some bored affluent media personality is staring at his navel going what if, do we?

"influential corners"
*under breath* jesus loving christ

Stupid fatalistic fuckers...

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I'm a little curious about who gave all these liberal media outlets their marching orders.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

i remember when these exact same articles came out in november 2020, and then in february 2021, and then in april 2021...

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Business Gorillas posted:

You're correct at the higher levels but I don't think your average PTA Boomer realizes the point of the democrats is to be false opposition to the endless death march of decreasing profit margins
cool but we were discussing federally elected officials being garbage not your local PTA (also being garbage but for different and somewhat stupider reasons)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Steve Yun posted:

So here are 21 screenshots that you folks might enjoy, some of them you might've seen already

Nevar forget

https://i.imgur.com/rPZi5Aa.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Harik posted:

cool but we were discussing federally elected officials being garbage not your local PTA (also being garbage but for different and somewhat stupider reasons)

oh no we weren't you were actually talking about average everyday lib cattle and I mixed it up with the talk of lib politicians doing jack-poo poo for people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

etalian posted:

Stupid fatalistic fuckers...

the four influential corners of the internet coalesced around me to tell you to accept a new norm, so start nodding begrudgingly and cope

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Gripweed posted:

My school is doing a contest for people who get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination. The prizes include forgiveness of 3,000 dollars of students loans, a free semester's tuition, and a free year's tuition.

I loving hate this. I've gone a little over three decades on this planet and at no point have I ever tried to deliberately murder or maim the people around me. Where's my loving prize?
Like I know we're a failed society in so many loving ways, but I feel like this kind of just drives it home in such stark horror. We are at the point where we are rewarding people for not murdering people, instead of punishing them for trying.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'm a little curious about who gave all these liberal media outlets their marching orders.

george soros

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Steve Yun posted:

lmao i like the guy that bought the wrong thing and then said "well maybe it will work, it's all fighting the same thing right?"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
JFC those screenshots are horrifying. more than one of those patients is probably dead already. especially the 290lb guy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

take a little bunker Zithromax to clear up that virus, Dad

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1430696874248335360?s=20

4 digits baby!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

NeonPunk posted:

Hmm... after lying to get my "first" shot almost a month ago, I just got automated text reminding me to get my next dose of Moderna this Friday.

Should I go in and get my 4th shot or is there something that I'm unaware of that would make it a bad idea? I'm leaning towards to get the 4th shot since I'm in Texas and working in a very public space.

I haven't seen any indication that getting a 4th shot has any real upside. But that's because I haven't seen any data on 4th shots at all.

From the way immune response was described as fading over 4-8 months after the 2nd shot, it sounds like a getting a 4th shot might just reset your time to next booster.

Or maybe you get super strength, dunno, good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I loving hate this. I've gone a little over three decades on this planet and at no point have I ever tried to deliberately murder or maim the people around me. Where's my loving prize?
Like I know we're a failed society in so many loving ways, but I feel like this kind of just drives it home in such stark horror. We are at the point where we are rewarding people for not murdering people, instead of punishing them for trying.

Hey shut up I want that free tuition.