Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Death By The Blues posted:

I am gonna assume actually hospitalization numbers are higher, just some places can't accept more patients.

the midwest and great lakes region is still pretty virgin territory for delta and not yet on fire as bad as the rest of the country. plenty more hospital space to fill there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Simply the greatest regards number

So big

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
god i fuckin love sturgis

it's just so loving stupid

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Chuka Umana posted:

Just found r/nonewnormal and I think we should put all the posters on the subreddit together in a room with posters in this thread and see who wins lol

put them all in a room together

just them

and see who wins

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Krispy Kreme will now give you TWO free donuts with vax card through September 5.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/life...2N6ay0050UJVNjk

Also Panera is giving away free bagel

Nathan’s is giving away free hotdogs

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a36619751/free-food-covid-vaccine/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1430651253063835660

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?lang=en

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Steve Yun posted:

Krispy Kreme will now give you TWO free donuts with vax card through September 5.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/life...2N6ay0050UJVNjk

but I thought obesity was a public health crisis and an epidemic as well

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I don't get to isolate because of my job, but it could be much worse.
The only thing that's really happening to me is that my anxiety is snowballing and I'm hoping I wake up one morning to find that Cascadia has bugs bunny sawed itself off from the red states so I don't have to deal with bullshit like "wyoming" and "florida" anymore

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

hell yeah!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1340 people died in one day lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Idiot Kicker posted:

The only thing that's really happening to me is that my anxiety is snowballing and I'm hoping I wake up one morning to find that Cascadia has bugs bunny sawed itself off from the red states so I don't have to deal with bullshit like "wyoming" and "florida" anymore

kinda have bad news about cascadia in general re: covid

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lastgirl posted:

but I thought obesity was a public health crisis and an epidemic as well

look just do twenty more pushups and sit-ups

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

the midwest and great lakes region is still pretty virgin territory for delta and not yet on fire as bad as the rest of the country. plenty more hospital space to fill there

On the other hand

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1430590808022044680

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I made these with some images from Sketchplanations. Maybe it'll convince someone to start being safer even though they've had the vaccine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

amazing.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
China has also shut down busy ocean terminals to control covid. so to be like yeah they’re hiding poo poo but at the same time closing terminals is daft. I don’t see USA shutting down any ocean terminals.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schnorkles posted:

god i fuckin love sturgis

it's just so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1430645194593120257

quote:

Sept 26:The Dome at America’s Center ST. LOUIS, MO
Sept 30: Bank of America Stadium CHARLOTTE, NC
Oct 4: Heinz Field PITTSBURGH, PA
Oct 9: Nissan Stadium NASHVILLE, TN
Oct 13: New Orleans Jazz Fest NEW ORLEANS, LA
Oct 17: SoFi Stadium LOS ANGELES, CA
Oct 24: U.S. Bank Stadium MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Oct 29: Raymond James Stadium TAMPA, FL
Nov 2: Cotton Bowl Stadium DALLAS, TX
Nov 6: Allegiant Stadium LAS VEGAS, NV
Nov 11: Mercedes-Benz Stadium ATLANTA, GA
Nov 15 Ford Field DETROIT, MI
Nov 20: Circuit of The Americas AUSTIN, TX

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The rope worm poo poo is so prevalent there's a wikipedia page for it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_worms

These "ropeworms" are often discussed, with images shared and claimed as evidence of successful detoxing, on autism forums and altmed Facebook groups

wut

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Idiot Kicker posted:

i just don't think the virus cares very much whether the states are red or blue honestly

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Steve Yun posted:

look just do twenty more pushups and sit-ups

not enough caloric burn, need cardio but can't do it because cars are king and nobody is allowed to walk around like peasants, its socially humiliating

see, this is an ouroboros

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

I'm actually shocked we haven't seen insane spread here in the great lakes, we've been essentially complete biden since may 2020. (in-person) schools open next week so maybe that'll be the flint for the tinder, but like at the same time given how every bar and restaurant is packed all it would've taken is some plaguebearers from the south traveling here to ignite spread? what's holding delta up here?

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

lmao imagine living in august 2021 and still believing that chud states exist, just look around lol

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

The "COEXIST" sign on a car, except the O is a covid virus.

i gotchu

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

1340 people died in one day lmao

1918 hospitalizations too

coronavirus is just loving with us now lmao

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

Gripweed posted:

My school is doing a contest for people who get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination. The prizes include forgiveness of 3,000 dollars of students loans, a free semester's tuition, and a free year's tuition.

late but my school is giving everyone who gets vaccinated $125. that's not enough for like even a single freshman chemistry textbook but whatever. yeehaw texas

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm actually shocked we haven't seen insane spread here in the great lakes, we've been essentially complete biden since may 2020. (in-person) schools open next week so maybe that'll be the flint for the tinder, but like at the same time given how every bar and restaurant is packed all it would've taken is some plaguebearers from the south traveling here to ignite spread? what's holding delta up here?

yeah i really wonder about that too. maybe the alpha surge was a bit hotter there? I remember michigan was getting rocked in April. perhaps even the alpha immunity in the area helped hold back delta a bit

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
watched contagion for the first time in years at the beginning of the pandemic and thought "goddamn that's terrifying"

watching it now and the reaction is "lol the government in this is unbelievably competent

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1430712111554985995?s=20

this worked so well for america, we're going to do it in NSW!

we at least have a national vaccine certificate that can be used to verify people rather than just taking their word but i highly doubt it'll be checked by roving picnic investigators

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Substandard posted:

How to coexist with COVID

Show a little decorum please, I plead to a virus

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
At this point we've surely got vaccine resistance collapsing in black and brown communities?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

The number of new hospitalizations seems really low. A week ago the 7-day avg new US cases was ~145000, so naively you'd think there'd be more than 10000 new hospitalizations at this point. Need to look at some graphs.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

spaceblancmange posted:

Those are actually remarkably bad numbers.

In what way? It's pretty clear that with delta you're going to give it to everyone in your household, so you'd expect those cases and because everyone is already isolating the spread is going to be limited to the number if people in the household. I don't know if we've actually seen a single case of non-household transmission since lockdown pop up yet, the vast majority of locations of interest are from pre-lockdown and as far as I know all of the current non-family transmission cases have taken place prior to lockdown.

So we'd expect to have caught almost all of the pre-lockdown infection cases pretty soon and then there will be a gradual reduction in new cases as all of the post-lockdown family transmissions are detected. Sewerage testing across the extent of the country that can be tested has so far only been popping positive in areas with known cases so it doesn't seem like there have been any major clusters or locations missed either.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nocturtle posted:

The number of new hospitalizations seems really low. A week ago the 7-day avg new US cases was ~145000, so naively you'd think there'd be more than 10000 new hospitalizations at this point. Need to look at some graphs.

you can't get more hospitalizations if the hospitals are full

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

kinda have bad news about cascadia in general re: covid

Oh I know, we are just as hosed, I'm just losin it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

loving lol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

I'm sure as gently caress not durable

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Death By The Blues posted:

The thing is I am not American, my parents are refugees from a country that America has been dicking around for a while and itching to invade. So I really cannot care what happens to America, deserves whatever they get.

We will obliterate Canada and every Canucks one day soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
okay so the 39% Israeli efficacy numbers were apparently a math denominator mistake

https://twitter.com/dvir_a/status/1420059129008336905?s=21

https://twitter.com/dvir_a/status/1420059135756881926?s=21

https://twitter.com/dvir_a/status/1420059139435343876?s=21

https://twitter.com/dvir_a/status/1420106467672268803?s=21

so… VE might have actually been 89% instead?

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 26, 2021