Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
There was an article on the ABC website the other day that the vaccination proof on the medicare app was able to be easily forged.

New page edit: https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-08-23/covid-19-vaccine-certificates-forged-in-10-minutes/100390578

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

BrigadierSensible posted:

Weekend at Bernies II is the best movie ever made and the only one that should be referenced in political speeches.

This is a hill I will die on.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Anyone got the GIF of Bugs Bunny sawing NSW off then it floats away? The only one I've found is QLD.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lmao "we can say we've done all that we can under these circumstances" Scott "poo poo Happens" Morrison on Afghanistan.

Edit:
Victorian Premier Dan Andrews said a number of the new cases had experienced symptoms for a week or more before getting tested. :cripes:

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 26, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

No way that WA/TAS/SA open our borders to NSW until we're either overrun with cases ourselves or have kids vaccinated.

See y'all next year I guess.

They're working on the first option.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

Your avatar owns. It's like being judged and found wanting by two very uninterested gods.

Go banana!

NSW relaxed restrictions for the maxvaxed:

People in NSW who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be given more freedoms from 12:01am on Monday, September 13.

For those who live outside the LGAs of concern, outdoor gatherings of up to five people (including children, all adults must be vaccinated) will be allowed in a person’s LGA or within 5km from home.

For those who live in the LGAs of concern, households with all adults vaccinated will be able to gather outdoors for recreation (including picnics) within the existing rules (for one hour only, outside curfew hours and within 5km of home). This is in addition to the one hour allowed for exercise.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

perepelki posted:

dfgdkljgfh

Sounds like a threat.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

perepelki posted:

dfgdkljgfh

pyromaniac flicking a lighter: "it could happen to anyone... heh heh heh.... *looks directly into camera* even yoooooooooouuu~"

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Gentleman Baller posted:

I didn't watch the press conference, but this easing of restrictions for fully vaccinated people thing, did they say how police were going to confirm people's vaccination status?

They're either gonna carry around magnets or 5g detectors

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

perepelki posted:

dfgdkljgfh

Sounds like a threat.

Also this is a quality feel good thread (about ten long, very worth it)

https://twitter.com/gregmlarsen/status/1430418818514309120?s=20

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Sounds like a threat.

This has been the only time I have preferred the tweet/thread formatting to simply writing a standard post on any other website.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/NITV/status/1430689262748397573

this poo poo is insanely hosed

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

go_banana posted:

1029 cases in NSW, 3 deaths.... we won!

What is the next milestone? 10k?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

LET THEM EAT CAKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvM0MHnGgc

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 26, 2021

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Budzilla posted:

probably 5K

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Senor Tron posted:

Sounds like a threat.

Worth a goddamn click

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

bowmore posted:

probably 5K

NSW's "couch to 5k" is progressing at amazing speed!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Twitter wasn't worth much of a click before, but now it wants you to log in or sign up to view content in full. IE can't click through to see individual images, can't see threads. It's for the best, really.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Amoeba102 posted:

Twitter wasn't worth much of a click before, but now it wants you to log in or sign up to view content in full. IE can't click through to see individual images, can't see threads. It's for the best, really.

clearing your cookies should fix it

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

PalaNIN posted:

*cough to 5k

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Coach to 5k would have been :discourse: if it was a bus driver

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
Transport Workers Union asking the Senate to introduce regulations for Transport supply chains

quote:

The Senate report tabled in Parliament last night recommends the Federal Government “establishes an independent body” to “set universal, binding standards” in road transport. Regulation of this sort would eliminate gig economy models of exploitation at the likes of AmazonFlex and Uber.

TWU National Secretary Michael Kaine welcomed the recommendations, adding that for an independent body to succeed, it must be genuinely industry-led and dedicated to addressing the economic, social and contracting pressures that make transport Australia’s deadliest industry.

“This comprehensive report is emphatic in its portrayal of the transport industry and the regulatory requirements to fix deep-rooted, deadly pressures in transport supply chains. The Prime Minister only needs to look at the thousands of transport workers forced to pursue strikes over an assault on good, safe jobs across Australia’s major operators to see that implementing the recommendations of the Senate report is a national priority,” he said.

Startrack and Fedex about to vote on industrial action. Linfox/Bevchain have applied to the Fair Work Commission for the right to call a vote.

Full press release at the link.

Again, this is about awards and conditions, not lockdowns. Toll drivers demands are about :

- Fixed term contracts for new employees;
- Incentives for the company to contract work out to lower paid workers;
- The global right to contract to outside companies up to 50% of all Toll work in each state;
- No requirement to allocate work to permanent Toll employees before casuals and labour hire; and
- No commitment to pay direct-hire owner drivers labour rates commensurate to employees.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Periphery posted:

There was an article on the ABC website the other day that the vaccination proof on the medicare app was able to be easily forged.

New page edit: https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-08-23/covid-19-vaccine-certificates-forged-in-10-minutes/100390578

I literally just set it up less than half an hour ago.

The "proof" is just a link to a pdf file which has a line saying you've been vaccinated.

Anyone with a pdf editor could change it in minutes.

EDIT: Just spent a minute using an online pdf editor.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 26, 2021

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The "proof" is just a link to a pdf file which has a line saying you've been vaccinated.

I don't see the 5G tracking chip in there

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

PalaNIN posted:

It's not a race until it is!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Budzilla posted:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You get a .wallet thing when you get both doses but yes they are both incredibly easy to falsify.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/covid-peak-in-nsw-still-six-weeks-away-modelling-shows/100411220

6k peak at this rate

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
do not go to queensland its full of racists and idiots and also i am one of the idiots and i dont want to get coronavirus

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

We'll all, at some point in the next couple years, be infected with COVID-19. That blows

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

do not go to queensland its full of racists and idiots and also i am one of the idiots and i dont want to get coronavirus

Queensland is the best state to leave

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

The Peccadillo posted:

We'll all, at some point in the next couple years, be infected with COVID-19. That blows

Not me, I'm fashioning myself a biohazard suit.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Really loving blows that China demonstrated it was possible to contain and eliminate it by the time it started cropping up in other parts of the world, but the laziness and fatalism of Americans and Europeans means we all have to live with it forever

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Really loving blows that China demonstrated it was possible to contain and eliminate it by the time it started cropping up in other parts of the world, but the laziness and fatalism of Americans and Europeans means we all have to live with it forever

Yeah I dunno if I'm willing to give China praise for having the political guts to contain and eliminate covid, given everything else they contain and eliminate.

I am almost certainly dipping into racial prejudice by now with how uncomfortable their system makes me, but I'd trust their reports of containment/elimination about as much as I'd trust Trump predicting a hurricane, or Abbott to look after me while I'm sick.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1418669720874721283

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1425813424752275457?s=20

Literally just crossing our fingers that long covid is not as prevalent in breakthrough cases. There is no real reason to think it isn't.

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/20/long-covid-breakthrough-cases-vaccinated/ posted:

Doctors' current understanding of long Covid stems from pre-vaccine days. However, experts say it's likely a concern among the vaccinated who fear contracting COVID-19.

"I don't think we know that it does happen yet because we're still so early in the process of understanding what happens when people are infected despite vaccination," said Dr. Dave O'Connor, a professor of virology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. "But biologically it's hard to think of reasons why it won't happen."

O'Connor said that's because in breakthrough infections — or what some infectious disease experts are now suggesting we call "infection despite vaccination" — high levels of viral genetic material appear in the upper respiratory tract. In fact, according to a study by scientists at the University of Oxford scientists, people who contract the delta variant after being fully vaccinated carry a similar amount of the coronavirus as those who are unvaccinated and get infected. What's a little less clear, O'Connor said, "is what's happening in the lower respiratory tract, or the lungs, and where most of the damage is being done by the virus."

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hashy posted:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1418669720874721283

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1425813424752275457?s=20

Literally just crossing our fingers that long covid is not as prevalent in breakthrough cases. There is no real reason to think it isn't.

There was an article about research that suggested long-covid is caused by a reactivation of a dormant virus present in 95% of the population the other day. The virus was Epstein-Bsomething?

But hoooboy (no relation to hooman) what a gamble letting rip will be. Thanks Gladys, Scott.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.
I wasn't able to make a booking for the vaccine in time on Wednesday (stuck at work) and now there's seemingly no appointments available in Melbourne. Anyone had any success with walk-ins or is it best to keep refreshing the page in the hopes that something opens up?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

There was an article about research that suggested long-covid is caused by a reactivation of a dormant virus present in 95% of the population the other day. The virus was Epstein-Bsomething?

But hoooboy (no relation to hooman) what a gamble letting rip will be. Thanks Gladys, Scott.

Epstein Barr? It’s a herpes virus that most of us have/have had that causes glandular fever among other unpleasant things.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Realbz get back on discord we miss you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

Epstein Barr? It’s a herpes virus that most of us have/have had that causes glandular fever among other unpleasant things.

I'm not a scientist but if I discovered a kind of herpes I wouldn't put my name on it.

But also that's mildy terrifying.