Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mr. Nice! posted:

just shot an email off to the head of my program to say 'hey, less than 1/3rd of the undergrad students are following the masking 'expectation' and multiple phd students are doing the same. likewise vaccination rates for the student population are as low as 11%. are we going to have a virtual option anytime soon or are we just hoping that we only have a handful of students die?'

The last few months have definitely taught me a lot about human behavior. Trying to deal with managers who are themselves trying to implement unsafe edicts from their bosses gives insight into how a lot of human atrocities must happen. The way denial manifests is strong. They lash out at complaining underlings instead of the people creating the impossible scenarios. They minimize the opportunities for collective expressions of anger as a cynical containment strategy. And of course at the end of the day, they are just following orders.

Vishass posted:

CT scan of normal lungs vs a guy with covid from an article in the AJC following a 24 year old's treatment

https://www.ajc.com/blake/#part1

Very cool, very normal stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

actually whatever justification you give no matter how absurd is automatically valid so long as you mention religion, per the SCOTUS

Demon cracker nation :d2a:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

It's amazing that you used to only be able to get such cutting edge medical advice from newsletters like the Ron Paul survival report. Truly the internet has only been a force for good

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pryor on Fire posted:

The staffing models that large corps HR use have been completely wrong this year, I find this very amusing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/26/travel/flight-attendant-burnout.html

I am SHOCKED, as I see all the hospitals literally hemorrhaging staff to covid death, burnout, or moving on to better paying positions at other hospitals opened by the former 2 conditions. And the HR response is to give a $2/hr bonus if you work that 60 hour shift!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

The blob is what your lungs turn into after covid

:hmmyes:

this is what I meant to post

https://twitter.com/ChrisPolPsych/status/1430676934250221569

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1430574786241912832?s=20

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:stare:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Zurtilik posted:

I need to quit posting and find something to do for a little. I'm definitely screaming into the void here. :crackping: as it were.

But I just want to say that I was definitely on the whole "Humans are good despite how lovely they can be and the arc of time is largely going in favor of 'good'" but eh, these last few years have really ruined everything.

Yeah, you weren’t right, but that’s okay. Finding stuff to do is a good idea. I’ve been trying to learn Spanish (I know a little more than I used to) and I decided to try to learn some basic computer programming last week (that isn’t working at all but it’s fun to poke at until I get frustrated, I think I need a real live teacher for that one). It’s a good time to try out some new hobbies you can do by yourself. I wish I had a garden to gently caress around with. As the weather gets worse, we’re looking at prime book-reading conditions, I would always recommend that.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Asproigerosis posted:

I am SHOCKED, as I see all the hospitals literally hemorrhaging staff to covid death, burnout, or moving on to better paying positions at other hospitals opened by the former 2 conditions. And the HR response is to give a $2/hr bonus if you work that 60 hour shift!

Corporate budgeting tends to be dumb as poo poo even by rational capitalist standards

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

I need to quit posting and find something to do for a little. I'm definitely screaming into the void here. :crackping: as it were.

But I just want to say that I was definitely on the whole "Humans are good despite how lovely they can be and the arc of time is largely going in favor of 'good'" but eh, these last few years have really ruined everything.

The past eighteen months have permanently changed my ability to interact with other human beings in ways I'll be untangling for the rest of my life. Everyone is a destructive toddler imho until they prove otherwise.

That video from last night of parents rioting at a school board meeting was some real brain poison, the school district in question is one of the wealthiest around here.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Palladium posted:

Corporate budgeting tends to be dumb as poo poo even by rational capitalist standards

HR is the absolute garbage of the earth and nothing will convince me otherwise

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Is anyone's brain increasingly doing this thing where the desire to see an end to human suffering is fighting with the desire to see humanity just burn to the loving ground already? Like your empathy for people is making you hate them?

Just asking.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

VomitOnLino posted:

HR is the absolute garbage of the earth and nothing will convince me otherwise

They exist to help the company. Yeah.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

Don't worry though I'm still coming into work at the job where I just mess with Excel all day. Definitely need to be in person for this!

:lol:

I have to show up every other day, "just in case." Hypothetically, the other guy should be on the opposite schedule as me. He still shows up every day for no reason other than because he's a little brown noser

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Those city hall meetings from Parks and Rec only its arguing about why it's okay to let kids drown in lung fluid.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the nega-universe version of this thread telling people to get respirators from Grainger and Digikey are these facebook groups where they swap tips on the best ways to ingest horse paste and nebulize colloidal silver

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Phigs posted:

Is anyone's brain increasingly doing this thing where the desire to see an end to human suffering is fighting with the desire to see humanity just burn to the loving ground already? Like your empathy for people is making you hate them?

Just asking.

Whenever I see mask-less morons close by, then, with increasing frequency I get flashes of extremely vivid violent imagery of what I'd like to to do to them.
And my therapist doesn't seem to know what to do with it. So, uh, yeah I guess?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

we tried nebulizing vodka once

unfortunately it didn't really work

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Phigs posted:

Just asking.

Sometimes when I sleep I wish I would never wake up

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So how do all these we will sue if you mandate vaccines shitheads think it's going to go when there is decades of precedent with mmr, tdap, hep b, etc mandatory vaccinations across many career fields?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Phigs posted:

Just asking.

Lol yeah

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Asproigerosis posted:

So how do all these we will sue if you mandate vaccines shitheads think it's going to go when there is decades of precedent with mmr, tdap, hep b, etc mandatory vaccinations across many career fields?

They took a look at our insanely reactionary federal court system. Odds are probably 50/50 or better that it ends up invalidating all vaccine mandates, just like some states have now ended all youth vaccination drives/outreach programs and eliminated all governors' powers to address public health emergencies.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

TheMightyBoops posted:

They exist to help the company. Yeah.

Not just that they (HR) are also exceedingly lazy, inefficient, craven and stupid.
Like when I ask for the COMPANY_RULEZ.PDF file.... I

1. Got told that it was not possible to share this file with me despite them having presented the file to me an hour earlier.
2. Apologizing for saying 1 (after I escalated because WTF) and that they'd send the file
3. Nothing happening
4. More nothing happening and oh now you need to talk to this guy...
5. Me finally getting the document and then getting told "Yeah you applied for the substitute holiday too late."

[insert gif of Milton stroking his red stapler]

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Phigs posted:

Just asking.

im going to be so pissed if advanced civilization collapes and iv got to take a slow rear end boat 2 weeks across the atlantic to hunt for legos in the ruins of denmark

Apr 7, 2003

brugroffil posted:

They took a look at our insanely reactionary federal court system. Odds are probably 50/50 or better that it ends up invalidating all vaccine mandates, just like some states have now ended all youth vaccination drives/outreach programs and eliminated all governors' powers to address public health emergencies.

It’s this, anyone who thinks precedent matters with the chudges we’ve got right now are deluded. Legally correct opinions right now are happy accidents.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if any and all vaccine mandates got thrown in the toilet by a scotus decision despite precedent, there are physicians in this very thread talking about how the antivax sentiment is spreading to accepted and long established stuff like the tetanus vaccine.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Phigs posted:

Just asking.

Crack-pinging is realising they're the same thing.

Lady Militant posted:

im going to be so pissed if advanced civilization collapes and iv got to take a slow rear end boat 2 weeks across the atlantic to hunt for legos in the ruins of denmark

Do not come. Do not come.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Can't wait to get super small pox!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It’s this, anyone who thinks precedent matters with the chudges we’ve got right now are deluded. Legally correct opinions right now are happy accidents.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if any and all vaccine mandates got thrown in the toilet by a scotus decision despite precedent, there are physicians in this very thread talking about how the antivax sentiment is spreading to accepted and long established stuff like the tetanus vaccine.

Apr 7, 2003

Right now as I type this NPR is covering an antivax military member sympathetically when she talks about how she doesn’t want to get the Pfizer vax. Media is sympathetically treating these antivax people and the loony school board protestors as though they’ve got valid points and we’re just looking on two equal opinions on an issue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

yee, and i can’t emphasize this enough, haw

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1430798935447195651?s=21

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Love to be surrounded by people younger than me talking about Pokemans through their tracheotomies and lockjaw.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Half my mri dept is out with covid. By some weird coincidence every single person in the mri dept that didn't get vaccinated is out with covid.

Health care is such a sellers market right now I feel compelled to just walk into hr and demand a fat check for not being a selfish poo poo and still working thanks to my big beautiful vaccine titers. I could get a job anywhere no problem and I certainly wouldn't need a good reference from you assholes.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Reason will overcome!
:crossarms:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Right now as I type this NPR is covering an antivax military member sympathetically when she talks about how she doesn’t want to get the Pfizer vax. Media is sympathetically treating these antivax people and the loony school board protestors as though they’ve got valid points and we’re just looking on two equal opinions on an issue.

It just keeps getting worse and worse as media both sides poo poo and democrat refuse to do any pushback in order to achieve centrist bipartisanship. These dumb assholes need to be slapped in the face and told to shut the gently caress up take the vaxx and wear a mask we are done playing child games.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
just got my 3rd pfizer shot at work. the signup was through work but through the CVS website. i did the no insurance thing but then when i got to the conference room they wanted my insurance info. i was like "ahh i don't have it" and the HR lady who was coordinating the vax clinic said she'd give the group number from her card. oh well.

hoping this doesn't knock me flat. the first two shots were extremely mild for me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

turns out the reason our office implemented a mask policy again on Monday was because THERE’S A HUGE OUTBREAK IN THE BUILDING WITH FOUR OF THE SEVEN DEPARTMENTS HAVING SO MANY CASES THEY’RE STRAIGHT UP CLOSED

They didn’t mention this on the e-mail. just strongly suggested wearing masks and maybe get the vaccine.

lol

lmao

I’m in danger

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

good lmao for the morning

Apr 7, 2003

This are troop literally said "if there weren't something wrong with the vaccine they wouldn't have to force us to get it"

lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
someone quickly show Clarence Thomas the John Adams miniseries where Giamatti vaccinates his kid against smallpox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Also on Wednesday, Finance Minister Avigdor Liberman said he is strongly against imposing additional coronavirus restrictions.
“We need to stop talking about new limitations and let the economy work,” he told a press briefing.
“When we look at the morbidity situation, the numbers have stabilized and there is reason for optimism,” Liberman said. “New restrictions were imposed in recent days, and we’ll have to wait another ten days to know if they are working or not.”
Therefore, there is no need to add restrictions on large gatherings or for public pools and outdoor restaurant seating.
“The economy is recovering faster than expected,” Liberman said. “Any further restrictions will only harm the recovery.”