Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:doit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

cr0y posted:

Remember tiger king that poo poo was dope. That part of covid was fun like yoo we all on forced vacation let's talk about Joe exotic

I liked that era because it felt like anything was possible, now it's just a tedious series of reminders on america's broken brains

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

turns out the reason our office implemented a mask policy again on Monday was because THERE’S A HUGE OUTBREAK IN THE BUILDING WITH FOUR OF THE SEVEN DEPARTMENTS HAVING SO MANY CASES THEY’RE STRAIGHT UP CLOSED

They didn’t mention this on the e-mail. just strongly suggested wearing masks and maybe get the vaccine.

lol

lmao

I’m in danger

Yeah all the people going out with covid hr is blasting the emails to supervisors about CONFIDENTIAL HIPAA DO NOT DIVULGE. Thankfully we have possible way to determine all our coworkers are out for 2 weeks for a mysterious reason after they've spent the past year proudly saying they will never get your biden dog vaxx.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

VomitOnLino posted:

Not just that they (HR) are also exceedingly lazy, inefficient, craven and stupid.

We didn't have a local HR person for about 2 years, after the old one got promoted to the parent company after 25 years. For all this time, our HR was now located 300 miles away.

A couple months ago, we got a local one. I think all she does is run around and gossip with the other people who's jobs are mostly worthless, like the receptionist, sales, and accounting.

We've had a couple new hires recently, and for each of them she's sent out an information sheet on them. This sheet is like something you'd give a middle school student at the beginning of the year, right down to the weirdly childish formatting for a manufacturing facility.

She's also been codifying certain policies that were just sorta a couple lines in the handbook. Every one of them is badly worded.

I recall some smarter goon than I, in some long lost thread saying that people who go into HR as a career majored in high school, and goddamn if it isn't obvious with this one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I liked that era because it felt like anything was possible, now it's just a tedious series of reminders on america's broken brains

:same:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah all the people going out with covid hr is blasting the emails to supervisors about CONFIDENTIAL HIPAA DO NOT DIVULGE. Thankfully we have possible way to determine all our coworkers are out for 2 weeks for a mysterious reason after they've spent the past year proudly saying they will never get your biden dog vaxx.

our adjacent department is all out? At the same time? off vacation season? unannounced? literally a week after schools opened up?

wonder what could have possibly gone on there :thunk:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
How long should I keep the leaches attached to get all the COVID out?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Just listened to a guy in a lab coat who says we should all just raise our core body temp up to ~39C to wake up our interferons, sounds legit.

E: F to C

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nomad2020 posted:

Just listened to a guy in a lab coat who says we should all just raise our core body temp up to ~39C to wake up our interferons, sounds legit.

if only some intrepid nation were developing a secret microwave gun that could warm up our insides

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nomad2020 posted:

googling how long will it take my sous vide to warm up a bath

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phigs posted:

Is anyone's brain increasingly doing this thing where the desire to see an end to human suffering is fighting with the desire to see humanity just burn to the loving ground already? Like your empathy for people is making you hate them?

Just asking.

Save your empathy for the people close to you who you love, you'll just get burned out trying to have any empathy for the big dumb mass of spiteful brain-dead humanity that is 90% of Americans

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
vaxxers broken on the wheel of logic :negative:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It stinks there aren't more old judges like that Kentucky one who was slapping ankle monitors on people breaking quarantines. A decade ago and you probably have a bunch of them that remember classmates with polio and god knows what else and are going to be extremely serious about enforcement. C'est la vie

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Iron Crowned posted:

We didn't have a local HR person for about 2 years, after the old one got promoted to the parent company after 25 years. For all this time, our HR was now located 300 miles away.

A couple months ago, we got a local one. I think all she does is run around and gossip with the other people who's jobs are mostly worthless, like the receptionist, sales, and accounting.

We've had a couple new hires recently, and for each of them she's sent out an information sheet on them. This sheet is like something you'd give a middle school student at the beginning of the year, right down to the weirdly childish formatting for a manufacturing facility.

She's also been codifying certain policies that were just sorta a couple lines in the handbook. Every one of them is badly worded.

I recall some smarter goon than I, in some long lost thread saying that people who go into HR as a career majored in high school, and goddamn if it isn't obvious with this one.

Yeah sounds about right. I mean I try to be kind as we sort of all are in the same (paycheck-to-paycheck) boat, but at the same time they often add so much extra misery to everyones life.
However, I think the real problems start when the company and thus the HR department grows bigger and they gain real clout. Then you see the proper kafkaeque poo poo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
first positive case at the office in months today

lmao only 5 people in this building wear masks

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
August 25, 2021: Of the 216 new COVID-19 cases today, 174 (81%) were unvaccinated, 11 (5%) were partially vaccinated and 31 (14%) were fully vaccinated.

August 24, 2021: Of the 139 new COVID-19 cases today, 114 (82%) were unvaccinated, 9 (7%) were partially vaccinated and 16 (11%) were fully vaccinated.

August 20, 2021: Of the 244 new COVID-19 cases today, 183 (75%) were unvaccinated, 11 (5%) were partially vaccinated and 50 (20%) were fully vaccinated.

seems bad

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Max Titers update: got Pfizer 3 yesterday at 5pm, not a single side effect today other than a sore arm. Worst of it yesterday was kinda feverish and just a bit bleh until bedtime and that was the end of it, A++++ would boost again.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

Half my mri dept is out with covid. By some weird coincidence every single person in the mri dept that didn't get vaccinated is out with covid.

Health care is such a sellers market right now I feel compelled to just walk into hr and demand a fat check for not being a selfish poo poo and still working thanks to my big beautiful vaccine titers. I could get a job anywhere no problem and I certainly wouldn't need a good reference from you assholes.

make that money Obama Asproigerosis

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Stevie Lee posted:

first positive case at the office in months today

lmao only 5 people in this building wear masks

You're lucky. I get mails from HR every morning detailing the positive cases. One time it was loving eight in a single day.
Yet, in all the time I've seen these mails no one is ever considered to have been in "close contact" (scare quotes HRs) with each anyone. :thunk:

Edit: It's usuall one line of unformulated text per each case. And then two paragraphs about how we wiped the desk and the copier and the pencils and the elevator and everything is so clean and please don't sue us. :qq:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's going to be peak CENTRISM when both sides refuse to extend unemployment causing a turbo loving where some poors become full destitute out of self preservation and tank the economy due a cliff in consumer spending, triggering a worldwide recession, and the other half return to work out of desperation and there is mass death that rivals the holocaust...also triggering a recession but with way more death and innocents lost.

Guess which outcome politicans will be more concerned with?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joementum posted:

brb gonna smash my head into a vat of sugar water like a humming bird

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Joementum posted:

Brb going to have a doctor shove their entire arm up my rear end to deworm me

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yeah, you weren’t right, but that’s okay. Finding stuff to do is a good idea. I’ve been trying to learn Spanish (I know a little more than I used to) and I decided to try to learn some basic computer programming last week (that isn’t working at all but it’s fun to poke at until I get frustrated, I think I need a real live teacher for that one). It’s a good time to try out some new hobbies you can do by yourself. I wish I had a garden to gently caress around with. As the weather gets worse, we’re looking at prime book-reading conditions, I would always recommend that.

everyone should take up guitar or bass and take lessons from me so I can buy more beans

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Someone teach me how to work a synth and a keyboard!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Joementum posted:

brb gonna inject enough ketamine to anesthetize a bull

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

VomitOnLino posted:

You're lucky. I get mails from HR every morning detailing the positive cases. One time it was loving eight in a single day.
Yet, in all the time I've seen these mails no one is ever considered to have been in "close contact" (scare quotes HRs) with each anyone. :thunk:

Edit: It's usuall one line of unformulated text per each case. And then two paragraphs about how we wiped the desk and the copier and the pencils and the elevator and everything is so clean and please don't sue us. :qq:

i get an email from HR with an attached word doc with hosed up formatting saying all CDC guidelines are being followed and how the bathrooms are equipped with soap and paper towels to fight covid so there's no need to worry

the only thing that ever changes is the date. i figured they just stopped telling us but i guess we've been extremely lucky

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The past eighteen months have permanently changed my ability to interact with other human beings in ways I'll be untangling for the rest of my life. Everyone is a destructive toddler imho until they prove otherwise.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
do we call people with long covid breathelets?

or is that ableism

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

Zurtilik posted:

Someone teach me how to work a synth and a keyboard!

I can do this!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Go on...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VomitOnLino posted:

I love how companies are still fixated on "deep cleaning" even though the most recent shows it spreads a respiratory aerosol disease.

Wash hands with Hot water and Soap!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Have you tried nebulizing the soap and hot water?

Covok
May 27, 2013

etalian posted:

I love how companies are still fixated on "deep cleaning" even though the most recent shows it spreads a respiratory aerosol disease.

Wash hands with Hot water and Soap!

Cheaper to clean that admit its impossible to actually protect workers and thus the only moral thing would be to pay them to stay home.

Capitalism is inherently immoral, after all.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stevie Lee posted:

i get an email from HR with an attached word doc with hosed up formatting saying all CDC guidelines are being followed and how the bathrooms are equipped with soap and paper towels to fight covid so there's no need to worry

the only thing that ever changes is the date. i figured they just stopped telling us but i guess we've been extremely lucky

Seems like a good time to repost my workplace's effort at combating COVID:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*snnuuuuuuuooooooooowooooooo-SNNIFFFFT*

"oh my bad, did u want some fresh oxygen, sorry only lungchads can handle rarified Mt. Everest air in a can, your o2s can't saturate like mine breathelet"

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Joementum posted:

:hmmyes:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lol at giamatti playing john adams

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

most synths can be broken down into 4 sections: oscillators, filters, envelopes, and LFOs

oscillators are the things that make sounds because sound is vibrating air. these come in many varieties and there’s all sorts of ways to mix and match your style of vibration.

most oscillators need some filtering to sound gooder. filters are just that: the part of the synth that lets certain frequencies through and not others to shape your general sound.

but it’s also boring if you just set the filter at one point and let it sit there. envelopes are a one time cycle that tells your filter where to be at what point in time (you can attach envelopes to almost any parameter on a synth tho)

LFOs are a constantly cycling envelope, you can define the shape and depth of that cycle as well.

DM me if you’d like an hour long explanation and walkthrough on your personal synth :)

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

theres nothing we can do about global warming, its endemic. we have to learn to live with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

both sides!!!!