Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
people who dismiss danger because "we all gotta die eventually" only do it because they don't think they're in danger

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1430628569588305921?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Rubby posted:

lol when he was melting down of the last times he posted a screenshot of his order receipt which, if it is to be believed (big if), he actually sprung for their Premium shirt which is sourced from AS Colour and "made of ethically sourced material & manufacturing. The premium t-shirt is 100% combed cotton at a mid weight 5.3 oz/yd², 28-singles, for a durable, structured fit with a buttery smooth feel."

If he wanted to have a moan about the print quality I would be right there with him, 100% DTG prints can be super hit or miss in print quality but.. uh.. I'm not sure what else one can expect in terms of material quality for a mass produced t-shirt unless he was expecting silk spun from god's own arsehole

I read it as he was complaining about the print quality not the shirt quality. If you get crap printing that feels like a piece of plastic that peels off after a couple of washes, it doesn't matter how good the shirt itself is.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

mod sassinator posted:

i can't find a clear video of it anywhere anymore lol. they are scrubbing it furiously from the internet

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1411450176523280385

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I don’t understand any of this falconry poo poo and I don’t want to

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

brugroffil posted:

12 americans died there, senseless tragedy

more than 1000 will die from COVID here today, oh well give me my horse paste

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Der Meister posted:

I don’t understand any of this falconry poo poo and I don’t want to

Just a side quest, you can ignore it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

yeah there used to be better ones, that one has like 20 seconds of real video artifacting at the start

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Neither Lisa nor Ron had been vaccinated. After going through this, Lisa plans to have the shot.

lol of course

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
First day of the Minnesota State fair, wonder what our Governor has to

https://twitter.com/TheoKeith/status/1430951854066880515?s=20

Ah, more mealy-mouthed bullshit. Cool cool. Surely that will make our rising cases go down.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

wow! cant believe you found it after the heavy internet scrub job to remove it, wow

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I wonder occasionally whom among my entire unvaccinated family is going to die, a few, one, all?

Maybe none? Stranger things have happened.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

I'm really digging the blatant disregard posed in a way to marginalize your concerns. It's like gas lights illuminating a high road. I think my favorite part is that pivot back to talking about themselves, the lack of attention they feel you're providing and how that's an urgent issue.

They're pretty articulate for a user of "you always" / "you never."

Just as a heads up, I've been both of you.
I'm sorry you're experiencing this.
If you think this can be resolved on a discussion level, go for it. You know your relationship better than people on the internet with a brief viewport. If it isn't, know you don't have to put up with that. It happened to come out in uniform like this. It would have come out some other way in a non-Hellworld.

You really liked the poo poo out of someone enough to throw a party and feed everyone. It's lovely when that doesn't work out. I once stayed in a mutually abusive relationship for seven years because I kept telling myself, "It'd be too much of a pain in the rear end to sort all of our poo poo out after five moves in seven years since half of it went attic to attic."

As it turns out, provided the proper motivation, it's a pretty quick (but curt) experience. Then again, that was lacking kids so.

I guess I'm trying to underscore that you don't have to put up with that. Even if you don't pay attention to them as much as you wish you had time for, that specific pivot from /your concern/ to /paying attention to them/ isn't the email signature of an individual that has your mutual interests in mind. Maybe their interests called mutual but not really yours.

Until next time,
Take care of yourselves.
And each other.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Didn't notice the little Corona balls on the podium before lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
whats so absurd about this debacle is that it's just like twice removed from the actual issue is that we're dealing with white supremacist terrorists that can't be reasoned with and god forbid if they're inconvenienced and not once have they been directly challenged because libs are cowards who want business to resume, not an all out civil war that the right is itching for constantly

imagine saying "vaccine mandate" nationally as POTUS

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I thought the horse paste was what's so absurd

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1430979888643678208

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Lastgirl posted:

whats so absurd about this debacle is that it's just like twice removed from the actual issue is that we're dealing with white supremacist terrorists that can't be reasoned with and god forbid if they're inconvenienced and not once have they been directly challenged because libs are cowards who want business to resume, not an all out civil war that the right is itching for constantly

Let me be president, I'll do it. Don't mind going out in a blaze of glory, take your medicine boys

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

text editor posted:

can I just go to CVS and get an MMR as an adult? their vax form allows you to choose up to four shots to schedule at once, but doesn't select MMR for adults by default

depends on the state - some states require a doctor's approval

call your local pharmacy and ask - usually if you say you're a medical worker and need the shot for a new job, they'll just vax you and bill your insurance

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Crazypoops posted:

Just a side quest, you can ignore it

:hai:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just put every vaccine in a cocktail with a little horse paste annnd maybe some jack with a squeeze of lemon. Oh and like, hmm can I get a sampler with some extra wings?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

i'd get a booster still at 6 months, and definitely think about going mRNA instead of jnj again. all of the israel and other breakthrough data continually shows jnj at a higher percent of breakthrough cases. not like alarming or catastrophic levels, but noticeably higher. if you're going to have to get boosters and multiple shots and don't have allergy or other issues it just seems like mRNA is the way to go

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

But what if they tried to do something and it was hard or didn't work out exactly the way they wanted it to, have you considered that? Much easier to just do nothing and let the right wing terrorists get whatever they want.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

giev moderna juice

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao and it's only going to get worse

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Shiroc posted:

'My brain doesn't work very well post infection but I didn't need a hospital'
MINOR CASE
'I developed diabetes post infection but I didn't need a hospital'
MINOR CASE
'My lungs and heart are really hosed up but I didn't need a hospital'
MINOR CASE
'I haven't been able to smell in months and I don't know if it'll come back but I didn't need a hospital'
MINOR CASE

Show up at the hospital but got turned away because your blood oxygen is still 80%?
MINOR CASE

Rubby posted:

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1430044170966601729?s=20

Dude. Bro. Seriously. I know you're reading this. Move on with your life. This is just kinda sad rn

I got mine and it's good quality. Thanks Rubby! (Also Threadless lets you pick the kind of shirt you want anyway...)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Corona fight me

^^^ if I posted that on twitter I'd be instantly banned

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Show yr titers.

Had a long talk on the phone with my parents last night. Only child. And if you're familiar with my office stories: Obv I can't see my parents any time soon.

Mom was an NICU RN. Quit after having to do CPR on a real dead kid. Didn't have a monitor. Happened to be a POC. The incident is the reason they don't use goggles for photosensitivity in NICU patients.

My father, recovering from his prostate radiation therapy, laughed his rear end off everytime I said titers like "tit-erz" and mom chimed in to clarify how it's pronounced.

Apparently it's "ty" not "teh."
So, now I know better and I'm still saying it wrong. And you can too.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I once got banned for posting Eat. Pray. Die.

gently caress u twitter and gently caress u Corona :rant:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://i.imgur.com/ngBCEja.mp4

trump

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just don't use Twitter :smug:

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

I just don't use Twitter :smug:

Max Twitters

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
florida morgues filling and full
https://www.wftv.com/news/health/adventhealth-morgues-reach-capacity-due-covid-19-deaths/UBJY3Z7SX5AZ3B2UFRCA7WC4YE/

quote:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — The Central Florida Division of AdventHealth has reached capacity at its hospital morgues due to an influx of COVID-19 patients, the organization said in a email.

“We have begun utilizing rented, refrigerated coolers at 10 of our campuses throughout Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, & Volusia counties,” the email said. “These coolers are quickly becoming filled also.”

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Steve Yun posted:

run the fans

back in 2020 there was a gym that successfully prevented an outbreak when an infected member came because all the doors and windows were open and equipment was placed next to the open doors and the fans were running full blast

only fans?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I wonder when Moderna is going to drop some titer data on their booster dose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004