Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

What was the name of those specific kinds of scarves posted earlier for wrapping around respirators? If I recall they were a somewhat thinner fabric and longer length.

https://hirbawiusa.com/ - keffiyehs from the last keffiyeh factory in Palestine. I'm a textiles nerd and love these. Actually just bought another one. I'm collecting them, I guess. Huge, light cotton, warm or cool depending how you wrap it. Super useful, they're basically like a hitchhiker's towel in that regard.

When I was a kid there was this candy called bubble paste - bubblegum in a toothpaste tube, and it came in apple. I loved that poo poo. Anyway I can't stop thinking about the forbidden apple paste, it's becoming a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Gravybong posted:

some of those that work forces
want the paste that’s for horses

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i can easily shrug off brain damage if my brain doesn't detect the damage due to being damaged

learning to live with long covid brain fog will be a cinch then, i can't forget what i don't know

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
matty's now prescribing SSRIs :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1431034053801779207

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

Anyway I can't stop thinking about the forbidden apple paste, it's becoming a problem.

I bet it tastes reaaaaally good

I love apples

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

not gonna happen until the second half of September

it will happen on 9/11 but the data won’t be back filled until october, because nothing can be good OR funny

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not too familiar with biology so like... how? How can you have oxygen deprivation significant enough to damage your brain permanently but not have any outward signs that doctors notice? Like how can you be brain damaged but not cause outward symptoms that would necessitate a trip to the hospital or be measurable?

there was that video of the virus eating bat neurons for breakfast, and olfactory neuron death has been observed too. the virus itself killing neurons here and there will have subtle effects.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lastgirl posted:

i can easily shrug off brain damage if my brain doesn't detect the damage due to being damaged

learning to live with long covid brain fog will be a cinch then, i can't forget what i don't know

I'm struggling to make the connection, possibly due to brain damage, but like.... leaded gasoline caused brain damage ... brain damage makes a crack ping sound. ... the purported reason lead was added to gasoline in the first place was to reduce engine pinging ... what does it all MEAN

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not too familiar with biology so like... how? How can you have oxygen deprivation significant enough to damage your brain permanently but not have any outward signs that doctors notice? Like how can you be brain damaged but not cause outward symptoms that would necessitate a trip to the hospital or be measurable?

people have survived ice pick lobotomies, full halfs of their brain being removed, etc. as long as the stem (what regulates all the automatic functions of organs) isn't damaged it can route around and rebuild a surprising amount of function. it's just a big soup of neurons connected in different ways

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

ahhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHH

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mandatory vaccine passports causing a rush for vaccines in Vancouver

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1430664694415589378?s=19

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gravybong posted:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

dr. drew apparently had good results from his bad covid case with fluvoxomine too

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Gravybong posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

you stupid motherfuckers stop talking about compounds and how they interact with human biochemistry if you have no loving idea how any of this works aahhhsohfidkflsajflakjs

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

ahhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLeAot4Zrxo

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

stone soup posted:

qualified for my cc permit while wearing my respirator today. even the old marine running the show didnt give me poo poo lmao

what kind of stupid phony bullshit do you have to do for that, write “I will not be a murderer” a bunch of times on a bible?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

I don't know how anybody can watch that and not have serious doubts about Pelosi's mental acuity.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Just what america needs, more brain pills to abruptly stop taking and have a psychotic breakdown

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

I'm struggling to make the connection, possibly due to brain damage, but like.... leaded gasoline caused brain damage ... brain damage makes a crack ping sound. ... the purported reason lead was added to gasoline in the first place was to reduce engine pinging ... what does it all MEAN

fumes good, oxygen bad

Schnorkles posted:

you stupid motherfuckers stop talking about compounds and how they interact with human biochemistry if you have no loving idea how any of this works aahhhsohfidkflsajflakjs

oxygen is the fuel, so titrate me some liquid oxygen now im not asking *sips ivermectin from a capri sun pouch*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

you know if i did not have a medical degree i would simply not recommend drugs to people

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

oh great a subsample shows a decrease in ventiliation

god help me from these people

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh right i live in the same city as that rear end in a top hat now, gently caress

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Trump

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Keighlie? More like Neighlie, amirite?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Idr who posted it originally but ive had the seinfeld ivermectin post bouncing around my head for what feels like days

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hahaha really. Don't make ssnri or ssri the next miracle cure I need that poo poo to survive haha thank you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gravybong posted:

o god

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Plank Walker posted:

ivermectin...

what's the deal with ivermectin?

the tube it comes in has a horse on it
the aisle you buy it in has horse supplies in it

they should call it "horse-mectin"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just take everything. Something might help. Or it might kill you. Or the covid might. But it least you can say you tried.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
should i make meatloaf or soup for next week's lunch prep?

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
gotta go back to teaching at a canadian uni with an enforced mask mandate mid-September. Right now I got double titters, AZ & Moderna, with my last dose being mid-July. I figure based on what I'm reading in this thread I should use the boost to get thru around January. either way I'm still thinking I'll host my first 2-3 weeks of classes online in case poo poo really hits the fan.

so yea on a scale of 1 to 10 how likely am i to get the cheese lung

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

My new boss (we're all WFH) who's legitimately a good guy started coughing and complained of fatigue and a sore throat in our meeting today :smith:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Doctor posted:

gotta go back to teaching at a canadian uni with an enforced mask mandate mid-September. Right now I got double titters, AZ & Moderna, with my last dose being mid-July. I figure based on what I'm reading in this thread I should use the boost to get thru around January. either way I'm still thinking I'll host my first 2-3 weeks of classes online in case poo poo really hits the fan.

you're already dead

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Doctor posted:

right now the cheese is in the fridge, but the pan is being pre-heated to ensure proper melting

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

skewetoo posted:

Hahaha really. Don't make ssnri or ssri the next miracle cure I need that poo poo to survive haha thank you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

what is the soup of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

i'm leaning meatloaf but what kinda soup?