Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress still plays Madden? That game is trash and has been for years.

All Pro Football 2k8 was the last football video game worth a poo poo.

it's so loving bad. I'll buy a madden every couple of years and ever since the PS2 era (post exclusive licensing) the games have just become the meme of paying for roster updates. Glaring obvious bugs persist for YEARS. Just the jankiest slop rear end poo poo because instead of ever just taking a year to fix the poo poo rear end engine and all the bugs they waste the entire year of dev time to make some stupid gimmick. This year it's ridiculous 6v6 short field something that I will never ever touch because I'd just play NFL street if I wanted that experience. Also pokemon cards. The only good, innovative thing they've ever done in 15+ years was the first longshot story mode.

2k people need to make a football game with a franchise mode. I was so bummed when 2k8 came out and you can only play 1 season with a bunch of olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NFL …. Street ???

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/1430136156931477515?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Parsons is extremely fast. he should be good in the NFL. I dont know why you would draft a LB in the first round tho

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Parsons is extremely fast. he should be good in the NFL. I dont know why you would draft a LB in the first round tho

They were all in on taking a corner round 1, and thought they could trade back, but when Horne and Surtain were off the board, they went Best Player Available, which was Parsons.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
From The Athletic's anonymous survey of agents around the NFL:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

parsons should be good. his athleticism pops off the screen even back when he was a true freshman

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I basically only know about players who play for the Eagles or penn state.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

penn state.

Interesting

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
No they were locked in on parsons because he's a piece of poo poo as a human. He was definitely #1 on their board.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CeeDee Lamb in COVID protocols

Ah well

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Asproigerosis posted:

2k people need to make a football game with a franchise mode. I was so bummed when 2k8 came out and you can only play 1 season with a bunch of olds.

There's a mod fan base out there that still does roster updates and poo poo for it. At least there was a few years ago. Tecmo Super Bowl too, I think, which is also more fun than Madden.

2k8 is still, bar none, the football game that just feels the best at recreating the sport. 2k5 is pretty great too but is dragged down by money plays (corner routes) and QB scramble exploits. All Pro Football really loving nailed the gameplay and has ruined Madden for me ever since.

I didn't mind the "bunch of olds" in APF and being an old dude myself rather kind of dug it but, yeah, it sucked not being able to do more seasons. I liked the custom teams and stadium options and thought it'd be fun to run through a franchise with that. I used to run a create a team franchise in 2k5 and can still remember my high draft picks and breakout stars, which is a little weird. I'm the only guy that knows about 325 lb #2 overall pick DT Doyle Lynch who was Reggie White meets Fletcher Cox and my mid round scrambling QB Justin Rose who turned out to be a steal but was injury prone. His backup was Derrick Flowers so I had an All Florist field of QB's. Had me a game changing burner at slot receiver too named named Julio Lopez. Strange that I remember these fictional players but I kind of got to know them in a way, odd as that sounds.

2k8 is the go to option if you want a head to head quick pick up game that feels and plays like real football IMO. Me and my buddies would waste a few nights playing it and just letting the CPU pick random rosters for us. It was a blast. I think I still have my copy laying around somewhere but it's not backwards compatible on Xbone AFAIK so it's been a minute since I've played it.

I've given a few versions of Madden a shot since then since you can grab older versions for like 2 dollars and it still loving sucks.

On other news, the Eagles are going to finish last in the worst division in football.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I'm pretty much where I was at the end of last year. I'm optimistic about Andrew Thomas and Nick Gates, and the defense, but the Giants's guards are going to be a loving dumpster fire. It was criminal to draft a loving WR when we have that big of a hole there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

Interesting

I live in the vast chudlands of PA

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Baldy is High on Parsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qc0TJjp8Mw

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Baldy is poo poo from a poo poo bucket. not even fresh poo poo also there’s piss in the bucket

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Cross posting from the AFC South thread since my 2 favorite teams are Jax and Philly. And things are bleak.

But I was reading an article today that said there have only been two seasons in like the last 20 or 25 years where an NFL team failed to go from worst to first in the division, which really surprised me. So I started looking over last year's final standings and the only logical team I can find for this year is SF.

But there's your kernel of hope for Jacksonville the Eagles I guess. It wouldn't shock me if any of these teams won this clown ball division actually.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles will be ok this year barring injuries of course

Don’t worry it will be a fun season if it happens

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

I am trusting you. you better not loving let me down

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Eagles will be "OK" by virtue of playing in the worst division in football and facing a last place schedule but I don't know anything at all about Nick Sirriani or Jalen Hurts and, as much as I know not to get caught up in preseason, they've looked really lovely so far. I don't like them getting rid of Doug either.

They only won 4 games last year in the NFL's worst division and have, to be kind, an unproven QB, an aging O-line and a WR corps that can't seem to catch for poo poo. I guess I can see where they conceivably have weapons here and there and could maybe surprise but it's going to take a creative mind to use them and, again, I know gently caress all about this coaching staff or what their plan is for this group but I haven't seen much. Not sure what to expect from the defense at all.

WFT will be competitive based soley on a legit D that certainly passes the eye test, Dallas gets Dak back in the fold and has weapons everywhere on offense so I expect those 2 teams to battle for the division and then whatever the NYG and Birds do. Any of the NFCW teams would win this division running away and probably half the teams in the AFCE, NFCS and NFCN would as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is Nick Sirriani going to be better or worse than Chip Kelley’s Wild Ride?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope it’s the exact same so we win another Superbowl in 5 years

euphronius posted:

It will happen. in no universe does it not happen

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
2021 Comeback Player of the Year Saquon Barkley returned to practice today!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

The most important thing he can do is put hurts in plays where hurts can be ok and not a disaster

Then it comes down to hurts being accurate

That’s basically it. If hurts is accurate they will make the playoffs. If he’s not they won’t

Barring injuries

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bet if hurts has a 60% completion % they make the playoffs

Assuming a normal season In other respects

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Chip Kelly took a 4 and 12 team and won 20 games the next two seasons

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

AAAHH, A STAT! RUUUUN

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

blarzgh posted:

yeah but he got rid of fan favorites and we didn’t like him and he was a maga chud probably

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I loved all his goofy placards that got flashed for the hurry up offense.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just wanna see another Ben DiNucci game. Gimme those half-kneeling sidearm passes out of bounds.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

euphronius posted:

I’d add the caveat that the OL stays *relatively* healthy. Tall order there based off recent history and their ages.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quiet Feet posted:

I just wanna see another Ben DiNucci game. Gimme those half-kneeling sidearm passes out of bounds.

It seems the sun has finally set on the nootch

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

3 to 4 win Eagles season. Don’t get disappointed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Looking over the schedule, I can find maybe 6, assuming at least a split with the Giants but I don't have the faintest idea what this team's identity is gonna be and nothing they do is going to surprise me. They have Atlanta, NYJ, Detroit, Vegas, Denver and Carolina outside their poo poo division and those seem winnable. I don't think they match up well with Dallas at all.

They also get to get royally hosed up by TB, KC and SF and probably mauled by WFT's front four twice but their schedule overall isn't really tough thanks to playing in the NFCE and drawing a last place slate of games.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Vegas odds are a 6.5, and frankly that sounds right to me. They have a schedule that pits them against only 3 'real' playoff teams, they lost More snaps to injury than almost anyone last year, and they've added a bunch of budget, perfectly capable free agents.

I'd take the over at seven wins.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

blarzgh posted:

And then immediately following that the nfl had completely figured out his offense and it was the most painful thing to watch as the eagles went 3 and out in less than 30 seconds the entire game.

Also chasing out really good players because they were black.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chip was great because he looked like a Nazi hobbit

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Vegas odds are a 6.5, and frankly that sounds right to me. They have a schedule that pits them against only 3 'real' playoff teams, they lost More snaps to injury than almost anyone last year, and they've added a bunch of budget, perfectly capable free agents.

I'd take the over at seven wins.

We will see, i just don’t think Hurts is gonna show us anything and our passing offense needs someone to throw the ball. My only optimism rests on the fact that we have burners at X and Y that could theoretically mitigate poor accuracy

Our DL is good but good luck having that matter with our back 7.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

And then immediately following that the nfl had completely figured out his offense and it was the most painful thing to watch as the eagles went 3 and out in less than 30 seconds the entire game.

Also chasing out really good players because they were black.

He also gave us the Billy Davis experience at DC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If the eagles are healthy I think the over is an easy bet

But lol if they are healthy