Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

from memesmith to hell's forgemaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my uncle works at hospital and he says take fish oil for covid, or you can lick dryer sheets its the same compound

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not too familiar with biology so like... how? How can you have oxygen deprivation significant enough to damage your brain permanently but not have any outward signs that doctors notice? Like how can you be brain damaged but not cause outward symptoms that would necessitate a trip to the hospital or be measurable?

I have a shunt (plastic tube) that runs from my brain through a hole in my skull into my abdomen, technically that's brain damage and well look ma i'm poastin

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Y'know WD-40 has so many uses

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.wlwt.com/article/diversion-latest-indicator-of-stress-on-hospital-system/37409272

quote:

CINCINNATI —

New indicators that hospitals are under stress have started to appear as the University of Cincinnati Medical Center was forced to go on diversion Wednesday.

UC Medical Center sent out a note “asking squads to divert except for traumas, strokes and burns.”

“It means our hospitals are filling up. We have over 350 COVID patients in the region,” said the Health Collaborative’s Kate Schroder. “It is not healthy for our region to have hospitals on diversion.”

The Health Collaborative is reporting that 1 in 9 people hospitalized in the region has COVID-19 and one in four of those in the ICU are there because of COVID-19.

“Anything that creates a mass influx of patients, anything that causes a stress on the system could cause you to use diversion as an opportunity to decompress,” said St. Elizabeth Hospital Dr. James Horn.

Horn said hospitals work to keep the doors of their hospital open to everyone. Diversion is something they try to avoid.

“It’s really a last resort. It’s an attempt to decompress the system,” Horn said.

UC was able to make some capacity and cancelled the diversion Wednesday night.

Schroder said the vast number of the hospitalizations are from those who have not been vaccinated.

“It is critical as a community, that we continue to increase our vaccinations because we have the ability to reduce these hospitalizations,” Schroder said.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Matty is loving dumbass lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Casey Finnigan posted:

my uncle works at hospital and he says take fish oil for covid, or you can lick dryer sheets its the same compound

just go ahead and proactively block every tractor supply store website on his computer now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A KISS show here tonight was canceled because members of the road crew tested positive for covid lol

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stereotype posted:

what do all these people think happens when the hospitals are out of oxygen? or when they are triaging people?

it’s going to be millions dead by Christmas. tens of millions who rely on oxygen forever.

i wonder if it would be possible to get the paste eaters to start huffing homemade oxygen replacements

nitrous is used to increase oxygen in car engines. i bet with some good text, they could be convinced that it'll work as a homebrew 02 options.

horse paste and whippits sounds like a hell of a party.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wanna cough and hack all night
And vomit every day

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Zisky posted:

I feel like a bunch of joosed up chuds is what America deserves.

Oh god, TCC/Ivermectin idiots is exactly the crossover we need.

Hey, you know what clears COVID right up? Carfentanyl. Why do horse drugs when you can do elephant drugs?

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

ben shapino posted:

you're already dead

https://youtu.be/_EVUPCJwQwA

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Elysiume posted:

I’ve had fatigue, headaches, and intermittent nausea since tuesday but no classic covid symptoms so I just assume I’m dying for unrelated reasons

:same:

I'm just going to assume that thousand pound plus pallet of paper I had to push down a long carpeted hallway is why I'm tired.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Oh god, TCC/Ivermectin idiots is exactly the crossover we need.

Hey, you know what clears COVID right up? Carfentanyl. Why do horse drugs when you can do elephant drugs?

The only way to defeat a vector for respiratory depression that comes from China is another vector for respiratory depression that comes from China.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Zisky posted:

Please nobody tell the chuds that Humira is a monoclonal antibody.

Please stay the gently caress away from my Humira. Also I read that weirdly you have a higher chance to catch Covid on Humira but better outcomes overall is that true?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
10k cases in israel lmfao

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431040026511618051

they were down to NINE cases a day in july!!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

this person is a dumbass, liberals love cops. sure they'll be like 'oh no, another summary execution of a child, someone should investigate!', but the thought of losing their monopoly on violence for the protection of property will prevent anything else from happening.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

10k cases in israel lmfao

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431040026511618051

they were down to NINE cases a day in july!!

:sludgepal: that's ahhhh sobering lol we're so screwed

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not too familiar with biology so like... how? How can you have oxygen deprivation significant enough to damage your brain permanently but not have any outward signs that doctors notice? Like how can you be brain damaged but not cause outward symptoms that would necessitate a trip to the hospital or be measurable?

one of the reasons that asphyxiating gasses are so dangerous is that the human body doesn’t have a response to a lack of oxygen. you have a strong sensation of needing to breathe because you have a buildup of CO2. that’s why you have tons of reports of people walking into hospitals with O2 stats in the 40s when they probably should be unconscious.

not having enough oxygen causes immediate severe problem that are often permanent

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lacrosse posted:

When people who have tested positive say they've been feeling 'off', what does that mean exactly? I've been feeling a bit off since this afternoon and I'm wondering if this is just normal exhaustion or possibly I'm getting sick. :tinfoil: It's really hard to tell because I regularly get headaches but I started getting really tired a little bit ago and something feels kinda weird about my vision. I overcame the Pfizer shot effects on Sunday so I doubt they'd be making a comeback now?

I had nausea after eating only pasta and bread for a day, and it took a couple days to go away. I threw up in my mouth a little as a result of the nausea, and now my throat hurts. So I got tested for covid because who knows what the gently caress is up. I've been isolating in one room and only looking at a computer screen, so my eyes hurt sometimes, but the normal amount for this behaviour. This paranoia about maybe being sick really sucks.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
my girlfriend ripped a hot stinky fart in the car on the way home from costco. i calmly re-donned my respirator and breathed in sweet clean air

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Shifty Nipples posted:

I have a shunt (plastic tube) that runs from my brain through a hole in my skull into my abdomen, technically that's brain damage and well look ma i'm poastin

Normal pressure hydrocephalus?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what kind of coward cures their covid with SSRIs when u can cure your covid with salvia instead

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

that’s the quarter-life crisis

Actually it's the mid life crisis now I hate to break the news about life expectancy going forward

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

man libs will do anything to avoid admitting they were wrong about needing to lock down months ago

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

(thanks Doddery Meerkat)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
life is just one big crisis

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Stereotype posted:

man libs will do anything to avoid admitting they were wrong about needing to lock down months ago

Just like chuds will do anything (like blinding themselves with horse paste) to avoid admitting that COVID is a serious problem. Wow, it's almost like human beings aren't rational actors at all!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Schnorkles posted:

i mean we've gone from anti-viral (sort of) to neurotoxin to ssri

maybe they'll all just mainline a beta blocker next

*welbutrin sitting in the corner nervously wiping sweat of its brow*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh my god

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jetz0r posted:

this person is a dumbass, liberals love cops. sure they'll be like 'oh no, another summary execution of a child, someone should investigate!', but the thought of losing their monopoly on violence for the protection of property will prevent anything else from happening.

they'll give the cops more funding for science and vaccine education training and consider the issue solved

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/chaser/status/1430804175495983106?s=19

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Stereotype posted:

one of the reasons that asphyxiating gasses are so dangerous is that the human body doesn’t have a response to a lack of oxygen. you have a strong sensation of needing to breathe because you have a buildup of CO2. that’s why you have tons of reports of people walking into hospitals with O2 stats in the 40s when they probably should be unconscious.

not having enough oxygen causes immediate severe problem that are often permanent

Would a pulse oximeter pick that up? The brain damage, more than anything, is what scares me and I do have a pulse oximeter at home and have been doing nightly readings.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

empty whippet box posted:

life is just one big crisis

ya im p sure this is what buddha said in one of them suttas

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
cannot wait until Matty G discovers Phenazepam.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
and now you boost before olds, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Joementum posted:

Vermont update for 8/26

141 new cases (120 yesterday)
33 hospitalized (-2 from yesterday)
8 in ICU (-1 from yesterday)
2 new deaths