Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Person wearing it was covid positive IIRC and the pressurization motor blasted covid all over the facility

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/01...-superspreader/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

the nurse wearing it had Covid and they infected 44 people of whom one died

Apr 7, 2003

I WANNA COUGH AND CHOKE ALL NIGHT

AND VOMIT EVERY DAY

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Just say NOvid to Covid!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Helith posted:

the nurse wearing it had Covid and they infected 44 people of whom one died

drat.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

America is literally going to "learn to live with COVID" to 10 million+ deaths. Like, apocalyptic numbers.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sinovac/CoronaVac doesn't seem to be holding up very well against Delta:
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1431028624342142980
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1430532842212053001

I'm really jealous that the Chinese government is doing nearly everything in their power to protect their population, but I'm not envious in a negative way. None of us deserves this hell that we are living in, and I wish the US had the same sort of will to protect its people from harm, no matter the cost to industry.

The current Chinese strategy seems to be almost necessary with the relatively poor performance of the CoronaVac vaccine against hospitalizations. Unfortunately, a lot of other countries outside of China also rely on CoronaVac, but they aren't adopting the same strategy.

I sincerely hope these vaccine effectiveness numbers are wrong. But this situation presents a strong case for the US (and other countries with powerful vaccines vs delta) to force its companies to publish all of their vaccine IP and manufacturing processes. We need powerful vaccines vs delta in the hands of as many people as possible in the world, and relying on just a few producers for the best vaccines is harming all of us.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao Paul Stanley shouldn't wear that anymore

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/official-tally-of-kaiser-san-jose-christmas-coronavirus-outbreak-nears-100-cases

quote:

For example, one woman, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted KTVU this week to say that she, her daughter, and a total of seven family members, including her parents in their 70s, have now tested positive for coronavirus. She said she was never alerted by Kaiser about the outbreak, despite assurances from Kaiser that doctors called all 74 patients in the ER that day.

She and her daughter were both in the ER on Christmas Day when a well-intentioned staffer dressed up in an inflatable Christmas tree costume appeared at an impromptu gathering at work.

That staffer unknowingly had COVID and investigators are looking into the possibility that her air-powered costume spread the disease throughout the ER.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Someone post the Breaking Bad clip. pls and ty

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

This shows that the attachment to money goes deeper than the actual utility of the money in question. If it were about the money, this person would have simply taken the money, but this is deeper. The debt is an affront to the agreed upon order. The landlord has to be paid the money by the tenant or the landlord is being disrespected, and the sanctity of this arrangement is more important than the actual money itself.

This landlord would rather not have the money they claim to need than accept the money, and with it, accept a world where the landlord’s right to be paid on time by the tenant comes second to any other material concerns or realities. The money itself is a worthy sacrifice to be made if it means making a point about how the money is supposed to flow. The point is order and cruelty to anyone that threatens that order, even in a situation where everyone is getting what they theoretically wanted in the first place.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

the reddit folks only look at PCR test positives, not PCR + rapid positives that worldo gets. so reddit numbers are a little smaller but don't have some false positives that rapid positive only might add

Thank you for your service.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pfizer is running a trial testing the effectiveness of a booster dose when co-administered with the pneumonia vaccine in people 65 and over:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04887948?term=pfizer&cond=Covid19&draw=3&rank=60

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh gently caress you. Now I have to live with this.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/rishirajgoel/status/1430148918302724102

nice

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/pbvcdu/uhh_are_any_of_these_unvaccinated_patients_in/

We demand that you give our ventilated daddy the apple paste!

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 27, 2021

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's all relative to the size of your steeple, take it away, Kanye.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Chamale posted:

Another negative covid test for me. Yay!

Keep it up!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Covok posted:

America is literally going to "learn to live with COVID" to 10 million+ deaths. Like, apocalyptic numbers.

It’s notable to me how bad people want us to live with what is clearly a lovely situation. Let’s say you personally are somehow completely immune to covid, you can’t get it or spread it, you are fine in all circumstances, trying to live like it’s 2019 is still going to be massively frustrating and disappointing.

Anything you buy tickets to has a good chance of being cancelled, restaurants are all hosed up because they’re running on skeleton crews and every other jackass in town is clamoring to performatively to go out and have fun and live their lives, bars suck for the same reasons, various supply chain issues make it expensive if not impossible to buy new categories of stuff every week, a bunch of cool places and activities don’t exist any more, they’ll have to take you behind the barn and shoot you if you break your leg doing something fun, everything just sucks. Learning to live with covid just means accepting a drastically reduced standard of living for the rest of your drastically reduced lifetime.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1430381463497854977

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gather 'round and read the gospel of our lord, the dread tree of mirth

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

crepeface posted:

as suspected, the report being quoted by everyone about opening up is a load of crap that is just meant to justify the liberal policy

https://twitter.com/AlanKohler/status/1431055020372283394?s=19

Ah, the merchants want their cargo of silk unloaded.

We're seeing that in the Interior of B.C. as well - Chamber of Commerce survey about how many of their members don't don't support new restrictions and vaccine passports. Makes me want to keep my wallet in my pocket and starve the beast.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Real Mean Queen posted:

It’s notable to me how bad people want us to live with what is clearly a lovely situation. Let’s say you personally are somehow completely immune to covid, you can’t get it or spread it, you are fine in all circumstances, trying to live like it’s 2019 is still going to be massively frustrating and disappointing.

Anything you buy tickets to has a good chance of being cancelled, restaurants are all hosed up because they’re running on skeleton crews and every other jackass in town is clamoring to performatively to go out and have fun and live their lives, bars suck for the same reasons, various supply chain issues make it expensive if not impossible to buy new categories of stuff every week, a bunch of cool places and activities don’t exist any more, they’ll have to take you behind the barn and shoot you if you break your leg doing something fun, everything just sucks. Learning to live with covid just means accepting a drastically reduced standard of living for the rest of your drastically reduced lifetime.

lmao owns

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
learn to live with the virus!!!!

/hospitals literally start overflowing with dying folks

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Let us remember happier times :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1-cH1voT8w

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i have more respect for paste eaters than some sad sack of poo poo who fancies themselves a journalist, looking around at things and thinking 'hrm, it is the prc that is Wrong and Bad when it comes to covid responses'

stupid motherfuckers

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/rishirajgoel/status/1430148967636127775

Looks like boosters are needed every 3 or 4 months to keep antibodies up and prevent symptomatic infection

So it's not that the vaccines are waning, it's just that the antibodies are waning

Fascinating

Note that the "booster shot" was simulated in this study by vaccinating recovered COVID patients - it's possible real world booster results are different

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 27, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
10 years from now:

“how are we gonna get ourselves out of trouble this time?”

“the same way we always do!”

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/rishirajgoel/status/1430148967636127775

Looks like boosters are needed every 3 or 4 months to keep antibodies up and prevent symptomatic infection

So it's not that the vaccines are waning, it's just that the antibodies are waning

Fascinating

hmm but what if we just say you're immune and call everyone who gets symptomatically infected just evidence of how great everything is working? Clearly 95% efficacy means 5% of people are just screwed and the sooner we hit the full 5% and it doesn't include you, its over.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after the Escalator, i will never doubt a far fetched prediction.

i have absolutely no idea when enough americans have died or that business as usual has been so threatened that our leaders will actually do something effective

but hey i guess millions running out of unemployment money and tons of people being evicted AND schools opening nationwide at roughly the same time with hurricanes devastating the south will surely . . .

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what the gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shear Modulus posted:

what the gently caress

are we allowed to make jokes about someone gunning for a modship or is it still ban on sight

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Shear Modulus posted:

what the gently caress

horses love ivermectin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Peter Daou Zen posted:

after the Escalator, i will never doubt a far fetched prediction.

i have absolutely no idea when enough americans have died or that business as usual has been so threatened that our leaders will actually do something effective

but hey i guess millions running out of unemployment money and tons of people being evicted AND schools opening nationwide at roughly the same time with hurricanes devastating the south will surely . . .

the rich are doing great. they're getting even richer faster than they ever have before, and on the off chance they ever do get infected they can summon an army of personal doctors and get shot up with adrenochrome and child blood just like trump and abbott did. to them, "living with the virus" means everything is the same as it was in 2019 but their wealth goes up ten times as fast

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

horses love ivermectin

i had assumed the most horse-girl anime was the one where the guy has a harem of like a centaur and a snake-centaur and similar creatures but no there's apparently also an anime of girls with horse ears who compete in horse races like a high school track meet

anime is fuckin weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the rich are doing great. they're getting even richer faster than they ever have before, and on the off chance they ever do get infected they can summon an army of personal doctors and get shot up with adrenochrome and child blood just like trump and abbott did. to them, "living with the virus" means everything is the same as it was in 2019 but their wealth goes up ten times as fast

my pet conspiracy theory right now is that the elites actually do recognize the existential threat of climate change and they have decided that the only way to preserve their power & wealth while keeping the planet at least somewhat inhabitable is to simply remove XX% of the population, hence the unrelenting push to open biden

although i am probably giving the rich too much credit and it's just a serendipitous coincidence for them