Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Tann posted:

I am thinking a lot about this... It's complex because then people might start planning out everything, seeing how they do with best ordering, going back and rerolling based on that. I'm not sure that's the sort of gameplay I want to promote.

What about something simple like just a double tap to confirm when done rolling? Button lights up when you tap it once, then second tap initiates. That way if you accidentally hit it once, should be no big deal, but doesn't allow undo summing.

Great game by the way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
I've been trying to do the "beat normal in 45min" challenge in Slice & Dice, it's somehow tougher than the ones where you beat it on hard because I feel like I have to make super quick decisions about dice being good enough and who to attack first and which characters can be sacrificed. It's awesome, I love this game, and I can't stop playing it.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, playing Slice & Dice last night and my pot-addled brain might have had a decent idea for a Campaign mode.

Basically account level "skill" points earned for beating level 20 on any mode. Maybe a limit on easy/normal/custom 10/20/20 points to prevent easy farming. Then for campaign mode, (which is probably just Cursed with extra stuff), points can be spent per character or per specific class. For a couple of points you can remove a level 2 class from a class's upgrade pool, so you can just avoid ever having Gambler come up. For a couple more you could remove another level 2 class from the same pool. Similarly, but more expensive, the class 3 pool, etc. Or for a specific character have "+1 to all top dice", that sort of thing.

More expensive upgrades would be things like 'always start with X item', with the cost going up both for specific items and having multiple items from the same 'group' (attack/shield/health/mana/right/left/middle), or start with a specific boon. You could even do some REALLY specific boons only in this mode like "Skip the 2nd curse every cycle" or "Slimelings have -1 health" or "Caw's only retreat after the 2nd hit each round" or "-1 to all Sniper Dice the first round of combat" or "The 2nd miniboss is never the witches"

It'd be a GIANT pain in the rear end from a UI standpoint, and then you'd have some items that are part of 4 different groups so organization would be a bitch and a half too... but being able to cobble together a more optimal party and nerfing your least favorite enemy type or just go hog wild with the +1 To All Mana Sides ring from stage one would also be rad.

And, yes, I accept that this is crazy talk and the amount of work I'm talking about is probably going to turn the campaign mode into a paid DLC, but, whatever, it's fine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Marvel Revoultions is out. I selected New Stark City 2 in Eastern America.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Slice and Dice is great unless you have legendary bad rolls to the point where your nickname in your old tabletop circles was "The Legendary One" because of how many ones you rolled!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Marvel Revoultions is out. I selected New Stark City 2 in Eastern America.

What's this?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

explosivo posted:

What's this?

New NetMarble game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.marvelfr&hl=en_US&gl=US

Reviews don't seem to flattering.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm not far into it. Did the scripted introduction which was slick and better than the AAA Avengers game

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I did not like it during the soft launch. It comes off well, but soon you hit just another netmarble mobile game but this time with the added bonus you need to auto-run places!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Cerepol posted:

I did not like it during the soft launch. It comes off well, but soon you hit just another netmarble mobile game but this time with the added bonus you need to auto-run places!

Im sinking time into it just because I miss Marvel Heroes so much.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

Im sinking time into it just because I miss Marvel Heroes so much.

yeah... thats why I stuck with it for a month. I just want it back.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Cerepol posted:

yeah... thats why I stuck with it for a month. I just want it back.

I just made GrootForce before anyone else took the name. If anyone really wants to lead it I will gladly pass the control of it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I just made GrootForce before anyone else took the name. If anyone really wants to lead it I will gladly pass the control of it.

did a search for this on US east 2 and didn't see it. Assume you're on a different server?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That bee marvel game isn't for me. Too many loot boxes right out of the gate.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slice and dice is amazing. Taking over my time spent on slay the spire.

Is there a way to send feedback? Two things I've noticed:
1. I usually tap and hold for more info. BUT that doesn't work when selecting a reward. It just gives you what you tapped with no undo available. Burned me a couple times now

2. I bumped up the UI zoom and sometime the dice is covered by the mana count. Can usually get an edge to select the dice but wanted to flag.

Loving the game though. I got an hour less sleep than I should have last night because I couldn't put it down.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 26, 2021

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Tann posted:

Yeah that's intended. Maybe I should clarify the description.

There's also an in game bug report in options

From the dev prior. So you should be able to submit those there so they can be logged properly!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lowness 72 posted:

1. I usually tap and hold for more info. BUT that doesn't work when selecting a reward. It just gives you what you tapped with no undo available. Burned me a couple times now

All of the possible info is listed on the rewards without needing to click on them.

As far as weird bugs and stuff, I had a die roll and get caught on an enemy placard and get stuck leaning on it, had to restart the game since the die wouldn't "land"

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

All of the possible info is listed on the rewards without needing to click on them.

Almost, the reward screen doesn't tell you what any of the keywords mean if you do not have them all memorized.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Cinara posted:

Almost, the reward screen doesn't tell you what any of the keywords mean if you do not have them all memorized.

It's also a force of habit. I find myself automatically clicking and holding. Would just be nice to have the undo button. Also an ability to view my character skills before choosing an item would be nice.

E: but seriously I'm sitting here playing it right now. I really enjoy it.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

did a search for this on US east 2 and didn't see it. Assume you're on a different server?

I am on New Stark 1

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Lowness 72 posted:

Also an ability to view my character skills before choosing an item would be nice.

You can press the Inventory button on the bottom left on that same item screen, makes it easy to review existing items and if your dudes have any engage/deathwish/pain/etc.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

MikeRabsitch posted:

You can press the Inventory button on the bottom left on that same item screen, makes it easy to review existing items and if your dudes have any engage/deathwish/pain/etc.

You can also just press and hold on your character placards at any time to zoom them in

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

MikeRabsitch posted:

Oh poo poo ok thank you! Game rules.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Throwing in my own shoutout for Slice and Dice. Very, very fun. First Normal difficulty win was a godroll that let me use boost + dice reactivate to put a dummy amount of poison on.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Still haven't won in S&D but I am having a ton of fun with an all adept starting party.

Pewpewpewpew

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I thought you had to win on easy in order to unlock custom party? Or was that one available from the start?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CainFortea posted:

I thought you had to win on easy in order to unlock custom party? Or was that one available from the start?

Nah you have to win, dunno what they're talking about

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I downloaded Slice and Dice, and was wondering what all the fuss was about. An idle game about chopping vegetables onto a conveyer belt? Full of ads??

Wrong game huh

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Nah you have to win, dunno what they're talking about

Unlocking Custom just requires selecting 50% of classes. Doesn't require a win.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I downloaded Slice and Dice, and was wondering what all the fuss was about. An idle game about chopping vegetables onto a conveyer belt? Full of ads??

Wrong game huh

Yep, this is the right one.

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
Thanks for making / recommending Slice & Dice, it's really good!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kris xK posted:

Unlocking Custom just requires selecting 50% of classes. Doesn't require a win.

Ah ok, I happened to unlock it after my first win then.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm in Picross Valhalla. I got the Konami one, and I'm only 16% through it, thinking "All classic gaming icons. Neat!". Then I got Picross S for the Switch, and wow, that's polished (even just the first one, and I've heard the later ones are even more polished).

And THEN I picked up Nonograms Katana and :tviv: this is VERY extensive and I love it.

I will solve them all. :black101:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm enjoying Slice & and Dice so far. One small nitpick: the singular of "dice" is "die".

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

hooah posted:

One small nitpick:

hooah posted:

Slice & and Dice

:colbert:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Been playing Mech Arena for a couple weeks here and there and holy poo poo the paywall is crazy. One of the worst monetization models I've seen. Ranking up "unlocks" new mechs and weapons, but to actually build or equip them, you have to spend in game or premium currency. The amounts needed are absolutely absurd. The new missile launcher I got will cost me $15, or another year of grinding. The new mech would cost $25, or a couple more weeks of saving credits and spending nothing on upgrading my gear or mechs.

Of course, im regularly facing people with all of this expensive and powerful poo poo. Stay away from this heap.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Been playing Mech Arena for a couple weeks here and there and holy poo poo the paywall is crazy. One of the worst monetization models I've seen. Ranking up "unlocks" new mechs and weapons, but to actually build or equip them, you have to spend in game or premium currency. The amounts needed are absolutely absurd. The new missile launcher I got will cost me $15, or another year of grinding. The new mech would cost $25, or a couple more weeks of saving credits and spending nothing on upgrading my gear or mechs.

Of course, im regularly facing people with all of this expensive and powerful poo poo. Stay away from this heap.

I have nothing else to say about this except "Heyyyyyyyy Mech Arena!"

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Baha, I walked into that one.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have nothing else to say about this except "Heyyyyyyyy Mech Arena!"

:golfclap: Bravo good sir bravo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Holy poo poo that owns. That gets my pick for next thread title.