Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Goddamn this is a beautiful comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Can Cio reclaim her eye/arm if she upgrades her mask again?

Cio is her mask. She should be fine as soon as she finds a competent potter to get it repaired.

As for White Chain, we don't have a firm understanding of her powers or physiology, except that she's an all-new kind of angel. It's entirely possible that she took the exact same damage and then just healed it back, or that she was a being of divine fire when she got hit and didn't really have a defined arm or eye to lose.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 27, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, all the other Demiurges are also being pulled out of the water by their besties.

"besties"

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Incubus crawls ashore, gasping for breath. The first thing he sees is a pair of familiar sandals on the beach.

"What do you think of death?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Maya totally blocked any of the 80,000 strikes sent her way.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Maya already exists in a reality where there is no place that is not a sword

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

Maya already exists in a reality where there is no place that is not a sword

that jagganoth needs a sword in the first place is why he hasnt yet succeeded in his goal

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Poor Maya still ultimately crutching on the Maybe sword, to the eternal shame of herself & Meti

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Grouchio posted:

She's not a man, horse, or immortal. So she's fine and utterly unharmed.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I'll enjoy seeing the 3 sets of matching prostheses & eye patches together.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

incubus rummaging around for a sword still makes me laugh

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Poor Maya still ultimately crutching on the Maybe sword, to the eternal shame of herself & Meti

True, but at least she can cut without a blade.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guildenstern Mother posted:

At least Cio has sensible motivations

What? Girlfriend!?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Can't Allison just will herself whole again?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Theoretically? Probably. Considering the cover art? Not going to happen.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Cio looks like she's freaking the gently caress out but she always does whenever she's in actual danger because she's got the temperment of an especially-nervous cat so I think all told she's holding it together quite well by staying on-task and not being dead.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Reclaimer posted:

Cio looks like she's freaking the gently caress out but she always does whenever she's in actual danger because she's got the temperment of an especially-nervous cat so I think all told she's holding it together quite well by staying on-task and not being dead.

She's mentally preparing to ONCE AGAIN do the emotional labor for Alison.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MinutePirateBug posted:

Aspected Chaos shows up again only down 2 arms and 2 eyes and is just like "...okay this is awkward but I assure you that this time will totally be different"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MinutePirateBug posted:

White Chain very irritated because she just got done with this rock body bullshit.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Perhaps the real reason Zoss has to keep resetting the wheel is because Metatron isn't dead?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

bees x1000 posted:

Can't Allison just will herself whole again?

When you have magic healing the only way to get cool scars is super special magic wounds that don't heal.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The best swordsperson in the universe swore off the blade completely. Maya is a close second and only uses the hilt.

Following that logic it stands to reason that to become the best unarmed combatant you have to swear off arms.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

The best swordsperson in the universe swore off the blade completely. Maya is a close second and only uses the hilt.

Following that logic it stands to reason that to become the best unarmed combatant you have to swear off arms.

Looking forward too Stumpymon's upcoming Infinity point, zero limb technique.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grouchio posted:

Something to note is that even though Jagganoth used swords, they were 80,000 blows.

Because each Cut is a singular thing of absolute beauty to make foes weep, and Jagganoth is evidently not capable of such an act.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

nimby posted:

:hmmyes:

Which implies that Jagganoth is the worst warrior of the lot.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Comic owns so much.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something to note is that even though Jagganoth used swords, they were 80,000 blows.

Because each Cut is a singular thing of absolute beauty to make foes weep, and Jagganoth is evidently not capable of such an act.

I dont thin jaggs cares about the distinction. Just how to most effectively inflict violence.

Were he disarmed hed have ripped apart the demiurges with his own hands.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Bussamove posted:

White Chain very irritated because she just got done with this rock body bullshit.

It would suck for her if something happened to the body she just got, it would be like getting into a fender-bender the moment you drove your new car out of the dealership.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gnome de plume posted:

It would suck for her if something happened to the body she just got, it would be like getting into a fender-bender the moment you drove your new car out of the dealership.

She hasn't even had the time to open up that new body on the highway!

...wait that metaphor might mean something else...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mff0aUIwYEU&t=2805s

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol jagg created an ultra-blood-violence technique of Awesome Destructive Power that has absolutely no finesse and failed to kill his primary opponent

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Side quest to go talk to that catgirl thief for some cool prosthetics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

packetmantis posted:

Side quest to go talk to that catgirl thief for some cool prosthetics.

And all she'll ask in exchange is for Allison to capture Oscar for her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
If you want cool prosthetics, go find the ex-shinobi who carves all the Buddhas.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nimby posted:

Semi-related: I think Solomon's technique becoming stronger when he adds more points was a missed opportunity. His 100-point whatever should be his bread-and-butter move; as he gets more serious his attacks should have less and less points. Build up anticipation to the one- (or zero-) point strike.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Schwarzwald posted:

Semi-related: I think Solomon's technique becoming stronger when he adds more points was a missed opportunity. His 100-point whatever should be his bread-and-butter move; as he gets more serious his attacks should have less and less points. Build up anticipation to the one- (or zero-) point strike.

That's like the complete opposite of how Ki Rata works

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I thought Ki Rata was the art of focusing all of your power into a single point in your body, and the additional fingers represent the wielder unleashing or having so much power that it’s physically impossible for them to keep it all in just one finger even after all of the extreme power compression techniques that they’re trained to do?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont thin jaggs cares about the distinction. Just how to most effectively inflict violence.

Were he disarmed hed have ripped apart the demiurges with his own hands.

That would make him a Swordmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Regalingualius posted:

I thought Ki Rata was the art of focusing all of your power into a single point in your body, and the additional fingers represent the wielder unleashing or having so much power that it’s physically impossible for them to keep it all in just one finger even after all of the extreme power compression techniques that they’re trained to do?
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-4-44/

quote:

“KI RATA

An internal/external discipline, widely respected as the most dangerous Fist Art in the multiverse. It’s core technique is a breathing method that allows internal force to be cultivated extremely rapidly and focused on a point smaller than a pin-prick, giving blows absolutely phenomenal power. Blows using this technique are named by the number of points they contain – one point blows are strong enough to crack stone with a touch. Two point blows can decapitate a man with the air pressure created by flicking a finger. Legends about of old masters of Ki Rata using ten point blows to level cities but I find the claim highly dubious.

I have found nobody willing to train me in this art and none who will grant me observation. Improper use of a Ki Rata technique will literally tear a man’s own body into pieces, so I have not attempted to study it myself. The only living masters live in the (remarkably pretty) land of Rayuba and are staunch pacifists, having, according to legend, culled their order to a single community. Reportedly the only time they ever use their considerable talents is to kill someone who somehow manages to learn a Ki Rata technique without being trained by them first. They only take apprentices to replace an old master when he dies, so that someone will always be around to make sure Ki Rata does not exist in the wider world. Many supplicants flock to Rayuba in the hopes of being trained by the masters, who sometimes are forced into self defense when they are challenged to unwanted duels.

When I arrived there hoping for some insight, I witnessed such a duel between a low-ranking monk of the style and a well-known master of Pilgrim fist. Within three moves, the monk, a rather short fellow, use a two finger one-point technique to completely vaporize the bones in both the master’s arms.

I am strongly dissuaded to continue pressing my study of this art and will write no further on it.”

-MANUAL OF HANDS AND FEET