Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1431393866909945856
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what a fuckin disaster

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

*extremely george lucas voice* Its like poetry it rhymes

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I hear the Louisiana patients in ICU beds is going to drop dramatically this weekend. COVID is over!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

everyone in the ICU in Lousiana in that things path is going to die.

A fair number of people not in ICU will also die.

This is genocide.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Louisana absolutely gonna lose at least one percent of their population to excess death. Which is uh wild lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*stares in disbelief*

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

:stare: :stare: :stare:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

that city is loving doomed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the government is literally just letting people die. for no reason.

again.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

CNN will spend the next few days talking about the biggest disaster ever is the forever ending as climate change assists in the murder of thousands of souls.

jfc what a country

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My brother is a long haul trucker, he's got covid in Colorado Springs and the rest of the family (in SC) is trying to see about getting Power of Attorney set up before he gets intubated (likely soon, on something called a BIPAP now.) unfortunately we just found out all this like, in the last few hours.

Any ideas on how to get a lawyer in colorado at 4pm on a friday? So far, I called a legal aid site, the legal dept at the hospital, the hospital social worker, and the el paso county bar association lawyers. Waiting on calls back.

This sucks.

Don't have any lawyer advice but I'm so sorry he's sick. I hope he gets better

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Man this loving blows, New Orleans is one of the best cities in America and the people are loving awesome there. Biden absolutely is not gonna last his full term.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

Joe Biden when he decides to do Katrina and Benghazi... at the same time?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7oD_oX-Gio

The greatest hits from the last 20 years, all leading up to the 9/11 anniversary

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Death By The Blues posted:

Man this loving blows, New Orleans is one of the best cities in America and the people are loving awesome there. Biden absolutely is not gonna last his full term.

He’ll love and get re-elected

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

again.

:borked:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

yeah he is gonna get covid and die lol

reptilian_brain
Sep 8, 2010

Sad Billionaire posted:

https://twitter.com/charlesbethea/status/1431249395824087046

I've seen a lot of insane tweets that have made me feel a lot of different things, but this might be the first one to make me genuinely speechless. Just...what

What an absolutely psychotic civilization we've created

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
old article but

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/seven-die-after-outbreak-colombian-variant-covid-19-belgian-nursing-home-2021-08-06/

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control has listed B.1.621 as a “variant of interest,”

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Louisiana has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. I'm sure all the temporary hurricane shelters will be plague proof tho

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
having a hard time inserting an 'lol' at the end of any post about New Orleans right now

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what if we airdrop vaccine syringes into the hurricane and let it fling them @ people

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

DarkEuphoria posted:

Can’t believe we’re getting a real covicane this year, at least last year they were prepping for it, RIP Louisiana

Look those people are going to die WITH the hurricane, not from it

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It's okay, they won't be evacuated

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Pepperoneedy posted:

Look those people are going to die WITH the hurricane, not from it

Died with water in your lungs, not of water in your lungs.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Der Meister posted:

vaccines are like no exaggeration the single greatest medical invention of all time lol

Cellular life has always been prey to viruses, indefatigable enemies ruthlessly culling any overly numerous species. In the evolutionary arms race between virus and life the viruses always win, the only truly reliable counter-measure being space and diversification. Vaccines are an evolutionary cheat code giving living things the edge against the planet's true apex predator for the first time in billions of years.

Though it's really clean water and toilets, figures someone on this site would overlook those.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Got my booster today. I don't know why people are loving around with fake names and everything. That's gonna be a headache to reconcile later when they do vaccine passports.

I just marked "yes i am immunocompromised" on the form and they gave it to me.

One lady asked me if I meant to mark yes and I said yes.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

Cellular life has always been prey to viruses, indefatigable enemies ruthlessly culling any overly numerous species. In the evolutionary arms race between virus and life the viruses always win, the only truly reliable counter-measure being space and diversification. Vaccines are an evolutionary cheat code giving living things the edge against the planet's true apex predator for the first time in billions of years.

Though it's really clean water and toilets, figures someone on this site would overlook those.

that’s why I said “medical” op

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

again.

It boggles the mind that none of the feds seem to recognize the symbolism of abandoning people to die in new Orleans on the anniversary of Katrina, especially considering how image focused this white house is

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

who gives a poo poo about biden? neither party is going to do anything to stop the pandemic or climate change

democracy is not going to solve these problems in the USA

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Good Citizen posted:

having a hard time inserting an 'lol' at the end of any post about New Orleans right now

dude don’t let the hurricane win

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Stereotype posted:

my friend got a masters in animal science and his thesis was about iron deficiencies in a specific animal: the human. apparently a ton of people have iron deficiencies and it is actually extremely damaging to a whole variety of organs. The Red Cross (a blood company) uses a completely ridiculous worthless test for iron deficiency and as a result continuously worsens this iron deficiency crisis but they don't care because 1) a good iron test costs like 10x as much and 2) they sell blood, that's their business, if they turned people away they'd have less blood to sell.

it was a wild defense that he passed and all the professors on his committee were enthusiastically like "we gotta publish this" and obviously no journals wanted anything to do with it.

one neat thing i saw in a few places in south america where iron-deficiency anemia was an issue were these little cast-iron fish that people put in their soup pots to basically act as a reusable iron supplement by leeching out into the soup. haven't ever seen them anywhere else and i'm honestly kinda curious how much of an effect it would even have, but it's an interesting idea

surprised that so many americans are deficient when red meat consumption is so high

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

in theory the hurricane could work like a big centrifuge and cause the virus to break apart and reform into even crazier strains

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

This is loving murder. What the gently caress.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1431450251299332100?s=20

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
So I know I’ve brought this up before, but it’s one of my worst memories.

Imagine you’re at a hospital that has lost power, the generators are out, you’ve got nothing, not even phones. Your vents aren’t working and you are bagging patients. You are doing this in very dim light, no monitors, only the slight squeak of the bag as you squeeze, you’re tired and you just want to stop but you can’t. You hear moaning and crying coming from down the hall but you can’t help, you can’t even step out for a second.

You can’t really stop to check your patient’s blood pressure but you can still feel a thready pulse. Your patient was on medication drips but those have now been left to drip in slowly because you can’t infuse the medications. You feel the tension in your patient’s lungs and realize you’ve let your nerves get to you and you’ve bagged too fast. You seek calm, keep bagging, slow and steady. Pulse remains slow and faint. This could last days.

That’s bagging someone in the aftermath of a hurricane and it’s awful.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Finally someone is mentioning the real victim

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This is a golden opportunity for Kanye to say "Joe Biden doesn't care about black people" on live television

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

So I know I’ve brought this up before, but it’s one of my worst memories.

Imagine you’re at a hospital that has lost power, the generators are out, you’ve got nothing, not even phones. Your vents aren’t working and you are bagging patients. You are doing this in very dim light, no monitors, only the slight squeak of the bag as you squeeze, you’re tired and you just want to stop but you can’t. You hear moaning and crying coming from down the hall but you can’t help, you can’t even step out for a second.

You can’t really stop to check your patient’s blood pressure but you can still feel a thready pulse. Your patient was on medication drips but those have now been left to drip in slowly because you can’t infuse the medications. You feel the tension in your patient’s lungs and realize you’ve let your nerves get to you and you’ve bagged too fast. You seek calm, keep bagging, slow and steady. Pulse remains slow and faint. This could last days.

That’s bagging someone in the aftermath of a hurricane and it’s awful.

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

:gizz: only with oil.