Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

ECMO is what they put a patient on when they need to perform open heart surgery and they try to limit the minutes spent on ECMO as much as possible due to complications.

I can't imagine being on ECMO because your lungs broke for three weeks is going to leave much upstairs even if you can technically breathe again.

that isn’t completely true - wife worked in the picu and there were kids on ECMO for extended periods of time for certain reasons, and a lot of them do just fine assuming the underlying cause is fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

cr0y posted:

Can navy ships tolerate a hurricane? I can't believe we aren't seeing poo poo start anchoring in the gulf in prep for this loving nightmare that is about to unfold.

Submarines do pretty good in my experience

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dan connor dying of covid, turning out to be a fever dream of roseanne as she is actually dying of covid and hallucinating on the vent

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

durrneez posted:

did u read the article

No why?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Peter Daou Zen posted:

dan connor dying of covid, turning out to be a fever dream of roseanne as she is actually dying of covid and hallucinating on the vent

fade in of ceo of sanofi, the manufacturer of ambien, cackling in the background

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real Mean Queen posted:

I just found a surgical mask in a desk drawer and put it on for novelty, and my god how do people live like this. All my breath is going straight into my eyes and my face is getting sweaty and there is just no seal of any kind. Getting into elastomerics was such a good choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hlWuRfrmbM

e: im teasing of course, i just love this video. elastomeric crew owns

Lenin Stimpy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 28, 2021

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://twitter.com/big_boy_online/status/1431031918569705476?s=21

out yourself you big dumb bitch

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Epic High Five posted:

actually it rules, who cares if someone is "stealing" something with no real value

I think it’s lame to take something someone else came up with and present it as your own independent idea :shrug:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I saw someone post that image earlier so I clicked on their profile and it was an insane catholic lady. poo poo's getting around somehow.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

somehow this annoys me

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Der Meister posted:

somehow this annoys me

it's smug lib poo poo

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
what did sheep ever do to deserve this slander

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solarin posted:

it's smug lib poo poo

and i can’t stress this enough

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
jesus they can't/won't evacuate new orleans.. what a loving disaster. hopefully those levees hold

SURELY joe biden and FEMA have a plan to swiftly deliver generators and constant diesel fuel with an armada of blackhawk helicopters to every hospital... dear god please do something competently

it's just hurricanes all the way down. we've been watching the hurricane of the delta surge lumber across the pacific from india to america in the last 4 months. it turns out it has been exactly as bad as expected, and will only get worse before it gets better! and now we have a real, real big hurricane about to slam a populated coast while all of the hospitals in the entire state and surrounding states are full or nearly full.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Der Meister posted:

somehow this annoys me

It's literally easier to just show consecutive posts of someone refusing the vax, stocking up on paste, and then complaining of the violent diarrhea, ending it with an 'lmao'

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
morgue trucks called in for tillamook county oregon: https://apnews.com/article/business-health-oregon-coronavirus-pandemic-5e10ea74d1c2585efa4aa822529a1394

the PNW is shaping up to be a bad hotspot, probably right behind the south in a few weeks. we're worse than california for this surge

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Der Meister posted:

somehow this annoys me

clearly someone has never seen Last Week Tonight and listened to john oliver say "and i can't stress this enough" 10,000 times

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
everything wrong with the covid response in the PNW, as summed up by local news headlines

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
my response when i get told by some dumbshit that mandatory vaccinations are authoritarianism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fK77uAyw8

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mod sassinator posted:

everything wrong with the covid response in the PNW, as summed up by local news headlines

Also nerdcon

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:horsedrugs:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Soap Scum posted:

if anyone can get gradenko's attention [i don't have pms :( ] and point to this post, it would be hugely appreciated. my nurse friend in manila who has a congenital heart condition that makes her very scared of contracting covid is trying to get a more comfortable respirator than the 3M 6200 and i'm curious if he has advice on where is a reliable place to get something good/quickly/not price-gouged for someone there.

if anyone else reading this happens to be there too or somehow know anyway, also very appreciated. thanks all

I wear a 3M 6200 half-face respirator

I ordered it from Lazada - your friend probably knows what that is (and tell me if they don't, but I'd very surprised if they didn't). It's a bit of a pain to try and identify which stores are legit, but I looked for whatever had a lot of sold items already marked, and had user reviews showing that the item was legit, with pictures.

I checked this morning, and there are 3M 7500-series masks, as well as Honeywell models available, but I wouldn't really know which ones would be more comfortable for your friend.

Alternatively: my sister, who interns at one of our largest hospitals in the Philippines, uses this: https://www.totobobomask.com/

it's not P100-rated like a respirator, only up to an N95-equivalent, but at least I know the product is legit, if you don't want to take your chances on getting a bad item from Lazada.

Alternatively: there is a service I use - https://www.shippingcart.com/, that gives a person a P/O box address in the US, the UK, and Australia, and you can order whatever you like from those respective countries, target the shipping address to the P/O box, and you can pay another nominal shipping fee for it to be delivered right to your doorstep. This is going to be a bit more expensive, but again, if you can identify a completely legit supplier in the US, then you can order from them and pay for the shipping and be fairly confident that you'd be getting a good item. I've used to import all sorts of things, books, computer parts, jackets, even a very unfortunate SomethingAwful logo shirt. I'm still waiting on my buttons from empty whippet box to arrive through here.

I hope that helps, and if you want to reach me again directly, REDACTED.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 28, 2021

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Did we get an Apple Flavored tag yet?

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

kalensc posted:

I tossed in a 10lb order to the Philippines into the shipping estimator and it listed 52USD for economy 5-10 days and 75ish for UPS 1-4 days.

huh okay, that's better than i thought, this is a good option if she can't find anything local, thank you!

Kreeblah posted:

Well, poo poo. My reading comprehension is apparently poo poo today. I missed the part about Manila.

haha it's okay, i still appreciate it and it seems still possible and straightforward enough with their MyUS integration. thank you!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

oh poo poo i hadn't seen this when i responded above, sending right now, thank you so much! i think with this and the advice compilation linked in the OP we should be able to handle it from here, but yeah will find you via that last paragraph if she needs further advice. seriously thanks a ton, super super appreciated

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you actually were taking that.

luckily i can't read your lovely post because im BLIND now biatch

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol.

it owns that america hasn't just split into different camps and tribes, but completely different realities

like they literally don't believe the horse paste stuff, or that hospitals are on the verge of collapse, or that our supply chains are stretched to the max

we are so fuckedddd

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

jesus they can't/won't evacuate new orleans.. what a loving disaster. hopefully those levees hold

SURELY joe biden and FEMA have a plan to swiftly deliver generators and constant diesel fuel with an armada of blackhawk helicopters to every hospital... dear god please do something competently

it's just hurricanes all the way down. we've been watching the hurricane of the delta surge lumber across the pacific from india to america in the last 4 months. it turns out it has been exactly as bad as expected, and will only get worse before it gets better! and now we have a real, real big hurricane about to slam a populated coast while all of the hospitals in the entire state and surrounding states are full or nearly full.

I wonder whether there's any number of times or any degree of any of them which Joseph R. Biden can trip over his own decrepit dick before Blue MAGA will turn on him. I'm guessing the answer is "no".

Biden has no plan. His handlers aren't there to solve real problems for non-ghouls. They're there to keep the economy from stalling out, and that doesn't require New Orleans to exist. We'll get some platitudes, some meaningless, half-assed gestures, and not a whole lot more.

Climate change? That's a problem for tomorrow.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kreeblah posted:

I wonder whether there's any number of times or any degree of any of them which Joseph R. Biden can trip over his own decrepit dick before Blue MAGA will turn on him. I'm guessing the answer is "no".

Biden has no plan. His handlers aren't there to solve real problems for non-ghouls. They're there to keep the economy from stalling out, and that doesn't require New Orleans to exist. We'll get some platitudes, some meaningless, half-assed gestures, and not a whole lot more.

even the pandemic is a problem for tomorrow. we have the loving solution and the magical technology today to solve the pandemic. it just takes the loving political will to forcibly vaccinate everyone. no one gives a poo poo

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mod sassinator posted:

morgue trucks called in for tillamook county oregon: https://apnews.com/article/business-health-oregon-coronavirus-pandemic-5e10ea74d1c2585efa4aa822529a1394

the PNW is shaping up to be a bad hotspot, probably right behind the south in a few weeks. we're worse than california for this surge

hell yeah! respirator crew!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sheep is a fun insult from the US right wing. they use it so often.

i got called a sheep the other day for arguing that the CDC eviction moratorium was good but didn't go far enough

i was told we live in a capitalist country and we can't rely on the government to survive

i guess that guy must have convinced the supreme court

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

if the stock market and wealth of billionaires keeps going up as fast as it has been then the pandemic is good

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

sheep is a fun insult from the US right wing. they use it so often.

i got called a sheep the other day for arguing that the CDC eviction moratorium was good but didn't go far enough

i was told we live in a capitalist country and we can't rely on the government to survive

i guess that guy must have convinced the supreme court

if i meet anybody that unironically says sheep or sheeple

i think of Maynard from Tool and how yes, yes I can now immediately write this person off

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Kreeblah posted:

it's going to get so bad when mass deaths are happening everywhere and team blue has a breakdown about how to handle the criticism against them. i am 100% sure they will just lash out and fall back on, "JOE IS DOING THE BEST HE CAN WITH WHAT HE INHERITED FROM TRUMP! THIS IS ALL TRUMP'S FAULT! CRITICIZING JOE WILL JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE, SO SHUT UP!!"

that's all they are going to say and do. just smugly say, "we are doing the best we can and you should give us grace or it will be a LOT worse".

gently caress all those motherfuckers pre-emptively

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Peter Daou Zen posted:

if i meet anybody that unironically says sheep or sheeple

i think of Maynard from Tool and how yes, yes I can now immediately write this person off

they love to do it

https://twitter.com/isabellarileyus/status/1428708240779530254?s=20
https://twitter.com/EricSpracklen/status/1426313209049501702?s=20

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rauros posted:

hell yeah! respirator crew!

I would like to point out that they also have an official 3M exhale filter

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7000878710639414533

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7001133703451643141

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7001115175491308806

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7000392467384126725

:911:

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 28, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Soap Scum posted:

oh poo poo i hadn't seen this when i responded above, sending right now, thank you so much! i think with this and the advice compilation linked in the OP we should be able to handle it from here, but yeah will find you via that last paragraph if she needs further advice. seriously thanks a ton, super super appreciated

you're welcome, and good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I'm really stoned rn so sorry if this is a stupid question but why is she crying?