Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

Well that's convenient

Creator did a great mock draft where he goes over features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON0ft4gFBus. To summarize:
LEGEND
x taken blacks out
# maybe highlights yellow
n no highlight red
y yes highlight green
ECR expert consensus ranking
F floor
C ceiling
VAL value
PS position scarcity go with lower #

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Zauper posted:

Have you guys thought about the various integrations to let it sync if someone is using it in sheets?

You can pull from sleeper API or MFL the draft status.

Beer does all the Beersheets stuff, the FA guys just do hosting and support for them. He's working on it but it's one man's freetime project so hopefully for 2022 :)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez another hit for Taylor

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1432002474710274051

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Dobbins has a torn ACL, out for the season

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
RIP Dobbins and all the twitter doctors measuring his bent leg angle and saying it was not an ACL.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Also rip to the guy in my league drafting on auto pick in less than an hour

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Rip to me for taking him with my second 2nd round pick I had gotten from a trade last season. Sucks for the guy, hope he can come back strong but ACLs are tough.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1432043598401482753?s=20

There goes Irv Smith from late round TE consideration.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Feeling pretty meh about this draft, I went too high on Andrews and Dak but I really didn't want to drop into the next tier of guys at either position, which killed my RB depth so now I just have a pile of WRs and a hope that I can pick someone off the wire if anything happens to Jones/Dobbins.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s rarely a good idea to take an early QB and an early TE.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

14 team keeper .5 PPR

I had an extra 3r round and traded for two additional late picks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
RIP TY Hilton if you were relaying on him for some reason in 2021

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1432065865193861122

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

kiimo posted:

14 team keeper .5 PPR

I had an extra 3r round and traded for two additional late picks

This one rules even with my hatred of Jacobs (bad line bad schedule bad RB room), your depth is sick in a 14 teamer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jacobs isn't my favorite but he was a steal where I picked him according to beersheets

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pain of Mind posted:

RIP Dobbins and all the twitter doctors measuring his bent leg angle and saying it was not an ACL.

Twitter fantasy doctors are low key the worst part of fantasy twitter, which is saying a lot since it's been a complete poo poo show lately

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Party Boat posted:

Also rip to the guy in my league drafting on auto pick in less than an hour

He got Dobbins and I got CMC because the guy with 1.01 took Mahomes lol

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

dkj posted:

It’s rarely a good idea to take an early QB and an early TE.

Disagree; if your league requires a starter at TE, TE is the highest VAR position - and one of the most predictable at top 2/3 right now.

The issue is if you take an early TE, it needs to be both early and a stud - meaning kelce waller or kittle. Mandrews is in that middle no man's land where he just isn't what you want.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Take one or the other. Dont take both. And always only worry about the TE, not the qb

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

Take one or the other. Dont take both.

Yep. Taking both handicaps your depth too much.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Spoeank posted:

Twitter fantasy doctors are low key the worst part of fantasy twitter, which is saying a lot since it's been a complete poo poo show lately

I remember last year one of them got an injury alert while they were on a jog, stopped to watch the clip on their phone, and uploaded a youtube video of their diagnosis while they were still sweating outside.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

freeman posted:

I remember last year one of them got an injury alert while they were on a jog, stopped to watch the clip on their phone, and uploaded a youtube video of their diagnosis while they were still sweating outside.

This is probably David Chao he's such a loving try hard

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

This is probably David Chao he's such a loving try hard

He's also absolutely bonkers

https://deadspin.com/the-chargers-doctor-is-a-drunk-quack-why-havent-they-466685771

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree that taking both a QB and a TE early pretty much dooms your season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Only if you're wrong. I'm taking Hock regularly in the 4th regularly or 5th regularly with no regrets. I think Hock is gonna end up improving on last year and that's his price. I don't mind taking guys like that there because the difference between running backs has usually already cratered and the difference between receivers is negligible.

I always wait longer for quarterbacks unless Mahomes somehow drops to the fourth, in which case YOLO.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Sataere posted:

Only if you're wrong. I'm taking Hock regularly in the 4th regularly or 5th regularly with no regrets. I think Hock is gonna end up improving on last year and that's his price. I don't mind taking guys like that there because the difference between running backs has usually already cratered and the difference between receivers is negligible.

I always wait longer for quarterbacks unless Mahomes somehow drops to the fourth, in which case YOLO.

Would you agree with these TE rankings?

Travis Kelce
Darren Waller
George Kittle
Mark Andrews
Kyle Pitts
T.J. Hockenson

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sataere posted:

Only if you're wrong. I'm taking Hock regularly in the 4th regularly or 5th regularly with no regrets. I think Hock is gonna end up improving on last year and that's his price.

Man the dude is super talented but the Lions have a downgrade at QB and are dire in general

Im just steering clear of TEs after Kelce Waller and Kittle until double digit rounds

I am by no means a fantasy genius tho

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hock is in prime territory for volumn production to go with being really good.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I like Andrews because I don’t like the other options at that range. Not dealing with the TE headache is such a relief.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

Man the dude is super talented but the Lions have a downgrade at QB and are dire in general

Im just steering clear of TEs after Kelce Waller and Kittle until double digit rounds

I am by no means a fantasy genius tho

It's wobbly with the next 3 but then I'm absolutely hands off until it's like Jonnu Time.

Some stuff I dug up this spring:
- In 2020, the difference between TE6 and TE18 was 1.6 fantasy points per week. From 2011 to 2019, it was 3.34.

- 48 tight ends finished inside the top-12 in HPPR all season long without a touchdown, or 2.8 TE per week. That led to a lot of one-and-done randoms like Kaden Smith and Ross Dwelley popping up with a TD.

- 65 different tight ends ended inside the top-12, 27 did it once (41%).

If you're not going big there's no point to hang out in the middle.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 30, 2021

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I'd take Hockenson over Pitts. Hockenson is the only reliable target on the Lions and Pitts is a rookie TE. I know Atlanta is going to supposedly use Pitts as more of a receiver than a TE, but Atlanta has Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, and Olamide Zaccheaus as reliable receiving options. TE Hayden Hurst is also still with the Falcons and had 90 targets last year.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Oof, I really felt like this draft got away from me. 10-team PPR redraft league:

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Mike Gesicki
Flex: D'Andre Swift
Superflex: Ryan Tannehill
K: Jason Sanders
D/ST: Baltimore

Bench: Tua Tagovailoa, Gus Edwards, Michael Carter, Brandin Cooks, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram

I ended up drafting three TEs in the hopes that one of them has a good season and is worth starting. I don't know; this was one of those drafts where the person I wanted was always taken a pick or two ahead of me.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Who do I drop from my 6 man bench; currently overloaded to 7 (dropped my kicker):

Mike Davis (RB, ATL)
Tyler Lockett (WR, SEA)
Trey Sermon (RB, SF)
Laviska Shenault Jr. (WR, JAX)
Devonta Smith (WR, PHI)
Marquez Callaway (WR, NO)
Gus Edwards (RB, BAL)

?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Who do I drop from my 6 man bench; currently overloaded to 7 (dropped my kicker):

Mike Davis (RB, ATL)
Tyler Lockett (WR, SEA)
Trey Sermon (RB, SF)
Devonta Smith (WR, PHI)
Gus Edwards (RB, BAL)

?
I'm not an expert but just throwing my opinion out there since I like to come to this thread for other people's thoughts - if it were me I would drop Mike Davis or maybe Marquez Callaway if you don't want to drop Davis.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Callaway for sure

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Callaway

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Mike Davis (RB, ATL)
Tyler Lockett (WR, SEA)
Trey Sermon (RB, SF)
Devonta Smith (WR, PHI)
Gus Edwards (RB, BAL)

?

Going against the grain here with Devonta Smith. Rookie receivers being fantasy viable isn't the normal and Michael Thomas is already injured and out for who knows how long.

Callaway has chemistry with Jameis and let's face it somebody has to get targets in NO with Thomas out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Going against the grain here with Devonta Smith. Rookie receivers being fantasy viable isn't the normal and Michael Thomas is already injured and out for who knows how long.

Callaway has chemistry with Jameis and let's face it somebody has to get targets in NO with Thomas out.

This is my take as well. Eagles are going to likely be bad, he is a rookie, and if Lockett and Shenault are on your bench when would you ever start Smith.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
DeVonta Smith > Marquez Callaway > Laviska Shenault

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 30, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

surf rock posted:

Oof, I really felt like this draft got away from me. 10-team PPR redraft league:

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Mike Gesicki
Flex: D'Andre Swift
Superflex: Ryan Tannehill
K: Jason Sanders
D/ST: Baltimore

Bench: Tua Tagovailoa, Gus Edwards, Michael Carter, Brandin Cooks, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram

I ended up drafting three TEs in the hopes that one of them has a good season and is worth starting. I don't know; this was one of those drafts where the person I wanted was always taken a pick or two ahead of me.

Engram shouldn't have been owned in a 10 team league even before he got hurt tonight. Drop him for a RB or WR.

Other than that I don't think it's that bad, especially if CEH takes a leap forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Otoh Devonta Smith is the third WR Heisman winner ever and a top 10 draft pick. Callaway seems a fine dart throw too, but Smith has better fantasy prospects than a typical rookie.