Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Off The Grid surprised me with being pretty good after the first idk however many minutes were utter poo poo

i'm sitting on my bed and there is no way i'd make it through this album if i hadn't just put down like upwards of 250mg of caffeine but im going to try

e: also holy poo poo off the grid is like, a slightly worse version of so many Pop Smoke beats

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

is pepsi ok posted:

Was not expecting to find out about Chromatics breaking up in the rap thread, goddamnit Johnny.

Sorry friend. It’s hosed up

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ye just woke up

https://twitter.com/KanyePodcast/status/1432066687629762560

(jail pt 2 is actually now playable on spotify at least lol)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hope you all downloaded it

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

abraham linksys posted:

ye just woke up

Album out and it's still producing hilarious moments.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

err posted:

I was on the wing like Mbappe
I wished that I played for France
Instead, I'm on the wing with my hand down, my trousers
Something's getting plugged if I'm in this stance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlR7cuBAcXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKv-KP9rPF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKv-KP9rPF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdrUuP5ES78

came here to tell you about free em 2.0 and instead i get all this good lookin out

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

abraham linksys posted:

ye just woke up

This sucks. I know I just posted about him needing to let go but having your stuff posted against your Will has to be about the worst feeling ever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to it now. It's pretty boring. Off The Grid was kinda cool but that's it. I can't believe I've got 20 loving tracks to go :negative: Dude seriously needs an editor.

It was kinda amusing listening to a track called Hurricane as an actual hurricane passes over where I live lol

e: The censoring is jarring

e2: Why is there a song called Jesus Lord on this album when he just had a song called Jesus Is Lord on his last album :wtf:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 29, 2021

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

This is one of the best recent Daily Duppys

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

abraham linksys posted:

ye just woke up

this was posted because they released the album without Jail 2 because it hadn't cleared yet. it was reupped with jail 2 and is now fine

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

g-c posted:

this was posted because they released the album without Jail 2 because it hadn't cleared yet. it was reupped with jail 2 and is now fine

Jail 2 is just what this album was missing, another 5 minute track

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I can't believe the same 2 minutes and 30 seconds long monologue is included TWICE on the same album. It's so absurd, it feels like a software bug. It's also really really bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nothing in the production sounds new or interesting here at all , it’s all so dated

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

alansmithee posted:

I'll probably listen again but it's likely Kanye's never making a great album again. He really needs editors. There's a lot of good ideas here, and you can see some really great things happening but it's just too long. Too many songs of middling quality, and even a lot of the good songs just take too long with nothing really going on that's interesting at all.

He could've just used the Yeezus model for the rest of his career: make a bunch of stuff with some folks he's into at the moment, take it to an outside 3rd party with a strong ear who he will let tell him no to get that down to no more than about 12 songs & 50 minutes, repeat each time there's a new Yeezy business venture launching. He's just not that kind of guy, and if anything we really are heading to towards the Yeeseus project he never finishes. This may still be that project, and Universal just said "lol, lmao, too bad."

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Quantum of Phallus posted:

nothing in the production sounds new or interesting here at all , it’s all so dated

half of TLOP, and everything since, has sounded like kanye b-sides at best... and that's being generous imho

edit: the freshest thing he's put out in recent memory ended up being that Poopty Scoop joke track

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 30, 2021

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Sorry friend. It’s hosed up

Really hosed up situation. Even Ida from GC has distanced herself.

anyway, which one is the single on this....thing?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

incoherent posted:

Really hosed up situation. Even Ida from GC has distanced herself.

anyway, which one is the single on this....thing?

I figure Believe what I say or Hurricane.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

here are the parts i liked i hope they dont get deleted

the fivio verse on off the grid
kanye flow on praise god is really cool (wonder who wrote it lol)
JUNYA WATANABE ON MY WREEE
moon is a kids see ghosts song
griselda (thank gaaawwd)
the jay verse on jesus lord is actually kinda sick
lord i need you production gives me family business vibes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Griselda can’t miss ever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ty$ doing the work of his life on Junya pt 2 holy poo poo

Thug verse also good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ty$ doing the work of his life on Junya pt 2 holy poo poo

Thug verse also good

ty$ is probably in my top 3 greatest feature artists of all time. dude straight up elevates like 95% of tracks he appears on as a feature.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Sweeper posted:

Probably outing myself as an idiot, but what was with the Larry Hoover stuff? I’m struggling to find an unbiased source of info on him and how Kanye West is related to him. Why this is the person Kanye would choose to bring attention to the need for sentencing/prison reform (or is it more personal and he just wants this one person released?)

He’s the founder of Gangster’s Disciples, which is a Chicago gang.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the guy on the album is his son

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

cardinale posted:

This is one of the best recent Daily Duppys

pairs well with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5-V_avU3U

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

the guy on the album is his son

Yeah I know, but why has Kanye taken up this guys fight in particular? There are a ton of people the justice system has failed, why him

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

here are the parts i liked i hope they dont get deleted

the fivio verse on off the grid
kanye flow on praise god is really cool (wonder who wrote it lol)
JUNYA WATANABE ON MY WREEE
moon is a kids see ghosts song
griselda (thank gaaawwd)
the jay verse on jesus lord is actually kinda sick
lord i need you production gives me family business vibes

Same to all these + baby keem verse

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ty$ fans check out the disc with dvsn, “we’ve been inside too long for me to be outside of you” is pure covid rnb

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
y'all thought kanye was going to make classic albums for 20 years?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

temple posted:

y'all thought kanye was going to take bad bitches to the titty shop for 20 years?

yeah, I donda did.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

temple posted:

sometimes an elder artist hits a home run years or even decades after their last relevance. i think kanye may be capable of it at some point in the future but right now he has clearly lost touch with reality and needs to just Log Off for a while (lol hes not gonna do that)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

temple posted:

I think it'd be easier to swallow him falling off creatively if he wasn't doing endless delays and making a huge public deal out of his every move. Because it feels like he's compensating for his work sucking by using publicity stunts to self promote.

I know he's not in his right mind, and I do sincerely hope he gets the help he needs. But what he's doing right now isn't working for ANYBODY.

In his defense, he'd probably do it less if the media wouldn't bite every drat time

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 30, 2021

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
My favourite part was when Jay Z parted his mouth flaps to rhyme Yeezus with Jesus and twitters dicks collectively exploded for it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I always wondered what would've become of tupac or biggie had they not been killed and were still making music. I guess Kanye is a pretty good example of how poorly that would have gone.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

very average but the jesus album set the bar so low that im not nearly as annoyed. 6.5

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Virginia Slams posted:

I always wondered what would've become of tupac or biggie had they not been killed and were still making music. I guess Kanye is a pretty good example of how poorly that would have gone.

I choose to believe they would've ended up more like dj quik.

Also got tickets to see jpegmafia in baltimore. So hyped.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 30, 2021

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Virginia Slams posted:

You just compared Pac and Big to Kanye.... Kanye isn't even a real rapper...

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Virginia Slams posted:

I don't think either of them had the mental health issues that Kanye does so I don't know how you'd possibly come to that conclusion

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Kenshin posted:

I don't think either of them had the mental health issues that Kanye does so I don't know how you'd possibly come to that conclusion

Ummm, I’d say the majority of Ready to Die along w him beating up Faith Evans points to Biggie having his own demons.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ummm, I’d say the majority of Ready to Die along w him beating up Faith Evans points to Biggie having his own demons.

I should have specified the same mental issues. We all have demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

it was a very odd post