Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

[Covid-19] I kept my respirator and did it without anesthesia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

I went for a colonoscopy the other day. They said I needed to take my respirator off for the anesthesia. I kept my respirator and did it without anesthesia.

I mean half the fun of a colonoscopy is looking at the screen.

...half?? :crossarms:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I can assure you no fun is had during a colon scope

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Did you request the drugs to go at least

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

this is with LA failing to report because of Ida so add at least a good 10k to that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

made chicken dak juk (korean congee) for meal prep this week. made it with chicken breast for the gains but i tasted it and i immediately regret not using chicken thighs

give me my schmaltz :eng99:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

After two cops died from the rona, they decided that the best policy was to just simply let the police work from home

https://mobile.twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/1432402798549868553

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

does anyone have the 100k cases post? what was that, like 15 days ago?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

NeonPunk posted:

After two cops died from the rona, they decided that the best policy was to just simply let the police work from home

abolish the police ;)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
COVID Abolishing the Police
Raising the Minimum Wage
AND taking care of fascist problem

Comrade Covid!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1432299891032793092?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

COVID Abolishing the Police
Raising the Minimum Wage
AND taking care of fascist problem

Comrade Covid!

Every week in florida it's another article about another 4 - 5 officers dying from COV19.

No info is provided on their vaccination status.

It's killing more police than Chris Dorner

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I actually had some gas masks laying around that I bought years ago. I bought them so long ago, I don't know who made them and don't have spare filters. I got them from Amazon, so they would probably give me asbestosis. A full on gas mask seems a bit extra tho.

You can get P3/P100 filters for them from reputable safety gear sellers online

Join me in Gas Mask Crew. With our combined strength we can overthrow Respirator Crew and bring order to CSPAM. The SecureClickers have foreseen this.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

that sort of sad actually

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
maybe all these deaths are sad???

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lovelyn posted:

this is hilarious because it isn't HR's doing, it's nursing leadership...like people with active RN licenses

well it isn't just HR it's everyone in management that's been told that

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/GovHawaii/status/1432214214953734149?s=20

oh okay i guess we just have to have more deaths then :smith:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Stereotype posted:

if they're sad then explain why I'm cackling like a maniac

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
new delta variant N501S detected in japan: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/pevjb4/n501s_mutation_of_delta_strain_infection_found_in/

this is probably not a surprise we are seeing new delta variants emerge, like the festival variant in uk, now that it's 99% everywhere :/

i guess we wait and see if something starts overtaking delta original strain

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

NeonPunk posted:

brave heroes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

smoobles posted:

when another talk show host does that spread anti vaxx bullshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewf-8rx9_uQ

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

how cool with it be to catch alpha covid now. like winning the lottery. bet it's incredibly rare now

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

smoobles posted:

i believe you may have become the joker

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

they're supposed to be, yes, even if they're misguided morons

idk how else considering that this nation doesn't really "mourn" as so much as it handwrings for more culture wars ontop of a cancerous media ecosystem and politicians who just want to have comfortable expensive dinners at ritzy functions and not actually have to govern because it's too politically toxic for their midterms to keep this cushy lifestyle going

it's all loving poo poo

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

that looks like it might be traction alopecia.
a croydon facelift

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
it's not even fall yet

lol

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

mod sassinator posted:

new delta variant N501S detected in japan: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/pevjb4/n501s_mutation_of_delta_strain_infection_found_in/

this is probably not a surprise we are seeing new delta variants emerge, like the festival variant in uk, now that it's 99% everywhere :/

ooh that's spicy

Edit: 9 samples on outbreak.info first found 18 jun 2021 last found 3 aug 2021. Should be pretty easy to wait a week and see if that prevalence goes up (https://outbreak.info/situation-reports?pango=B.1.617.2&muts=S%3AN501S&loc=IND&loc=GBR&loc=USA&loc=Worldwide&loc=Worldwide&selected)

Notorious R.I.M. fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 31, 2021

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

human ventipede

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol when nobody bats an eye at 500k daily cases

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My new theory is that people have always been this stupid, but the apparent infinite resources of earth helped hide it, and now that we're finally running into fundamental capacity limits the crunch is squeezing the stupidity out of us like a garlic press, making a smear of concentrated dumb-shittery that we're all slipping and sliding around in.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
(I'm really smart)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/1432469748663689216

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

it's all loving poo poo

wisdom

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

Hahaha the shithead Reddit admins deleted the translation and instead posted a tutorial on how to learn Japanese.

Translation:

quote:

"Confirmed a case of community-acquired infection (first case in Japan ) of a new delta strain (B.1.617.2 strain) with N501S mutation" -Tokyo

Medical and Dental University New Coronavirus Whole Genome Analysis Project 8th Report

Release date: 2021.08.30

From the beginning of July to the end of July 2021, the number of cases of Delta strain (B.1.617.2 strain) in the community increased rapidly from COVID-19 patients who had been admitted to or visited the Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital. I confirmed that.

From the delta strain detected in COVID-19 patients in mid-August 2021, we confirmed a case of community-acquired infection of a new delta strain having the N501S mutation, which is a similar mutation to the major alpha strain mutation (N501Y).

As a result of molecular phylogenetic analysis, it was found that the delta strain carrying the N501S mutation is highly likely to have acquired a new mutation in Japan.

Only 8 cases of Delta strains carrying the N501S mutation have been reported worldwide, and this is the first case reported in Japan (GISAID registration data as of August 27, 2021).

Associate Professor Hiroaki Takeuchi, Assistant Professor, Department of Virus Control, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Assistant Professor Kosuke Tanimoto, Genome Analysis Office, Institute for Intractable Diseases, Assistant Professor Yukie Tanaka, Research Core Center, Virus Control The SARS-CoV-2 whole-genome analysis project team derived from inpatients of our university by Haruki Kitamura graduate students and Yoshi Sekiguchi graduate students in the field is Professor Yoshiaki Toku, Associate Professor Akikata Kimura, Specially Appointed in the field of integrated clinical infectious diseases. Infection transmission from COVID-19 patients who have been admitted to or visited our hospital during the period from the beginning of July to the end of July 2021 by joint analysis with the professor and the director of the infection control department of Yoko Nukii Hospital. It was confirmed that the number of cases of community infection of the delta strain (B.1.617.2 strain) with the mutation (L452R), which is feared to increase, is increasing rapidly. In addition, we confirmed a case of community-acquired infection of a new delta strain carrying the N501S mutation, which is a similar mutation to the major alpha strain (N501Y), from COVID-19 patients in mid-August.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Salt Fish posted:

My new theory is that people have always been this stupid, but the apparent infinite resources of earth helped hide it, and now that we're finally running into fundamental capacity limits the crunch is squeezing the stupidity out of us like a garlic press, making a smear of concentrated dumb-shittery that we're all slipping and sliding around in.

Our ability to create change outpaces our ability to adapt to change (in this case by understanding it) . This happens some times in nature and it seems the balance is usually restored via mass extinction.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Steve Yun posted:

You can get P3/P100 filters for them from reputable safety gear sellers online

Join me in Gas Mask Crew. With our combined strength we can overthrow Respirator Crew and bring order to CSPAM. The SecureClickers have foreseen this.

lol, how is it wearing that for an hour+? I'll have to give the masks a look. I never took them out of the packaging, which was just a clear plastic bag. although i think i did buy them before knockoffs were everywhere on amazon.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

Nah, it's just better communication systems panopticonning the dumb straight into our eyeballs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I've always been dumb as gently caress I just fully own up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
But yeah, seriously, about that mask thing. Like, I know the ideal is to keep the respirator on as long as possible and generally I never take it off unless I'm home or outdoors away from people (and in the latter case, that's just to adjust it if needed, or to put it back on after having left the doctor's as noted) but like, yeah. How bad is exposing the respirator to ~indoor air~ for the brief few moments it takes to place it in the bag. Like is it better to just wear a KN95 or something then at the doctor's (which I don't really get a good fit for)