Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beffica posted:

Speaking of TCC history, has there ever been a goon posted datura trip report? That poo poo sounds like a nightmare.

Blue light has them and they’re something else, man. I’d describe them as “apocalyptic”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I think datura had a few goes in TCC, it's hard to remember but I want to say it was around the time goons were deriving LSA (an LSD analogue) from hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and... clemantis? Morning glory? Something like that.

There was a time when plant-based analogues were en vogue.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
TCC is pretty boring compared to its reputation. People seem to think it's a nonstop thrill ride composite of the greatest hits of all time. The reality is maybe one worrisome post a year or so between people discussing their medications, tapering off meds and habits, or advice about treatment options.

That said a given thread I don't read or skim could be absolutely bonkers for all I know.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

TCC is pretty boring compared to its reputation. People seem to think it's a nonstop thrill ride composite of the greatest hits of all time. The reality is maybe one worrisome post a year or so between people discussing their medications, tapering off meds and habits, or advice about treatment options.

That said a given thread I don't read or skim could be absolutely bonkers for all I know.

That's mostly because the old guard of TCC is six feet under.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The joose thread was nuts. Brewkakke posted in September he found this new drug that seemed neat and he was dead by November.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The joose thread was nuts. Brewkakke posted in September he found this new drug that seemed neat and he was dead by November.

drat, you almost make it sound like dying is fun

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

drat, you almost make it sound like dying is fun

Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

angerbeet posted:

I think datura had a few goes in TCC, it's hard to remember but I want to say it was around the time goons were deriving LSA (an LSD analogue) from hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and... clemantis? Morning glory? Something like that.

There was a time when plant-based analogues were en vogue.

Its both baby wood roses and heavenly blue morning glories.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Xarbala posted:

Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool

Room temperature, in my experience.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Skulk Hogan posted:

Its both baby wood roses and heavenly blue morning glories.

🎵these are a few of my favorite things🎵

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
It’s not very long but a few years ago there was a TCC thread about deliriant drugs like datura. There are some interesting posts in there.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I read that whole steroid post and was pretty horrified already when he asked about dark pee but I absolutely didn't expect the I hate cyclists Facebook reveal, which made me laugh, then I stopped laughing when he describes having sex like violent rape fantasies where he also gets a whole arm up his rear end apparently

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

sorry for the huge post but i checked in with the steroid guy to see how he was doing and the answer is "not good"

not feeling great about a guy who posts about how hes happily becoming like a rapist on the regular. you wont believe me but i left out some of the worst posts

Oh my God lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fun hater posted:

sorry for the huge post but i checked in with the steroid guy to see how he was doing and the answer is "not good"

not feeling great about a guy who posts about how hes happily becoming like a rapist on the regular. you wont believe me but i left out some of the worst posts

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Does anyone have links to the Roboshit threads? I remember spending time at my second job getting paid to read about his benders and unhealthy relationship that may have included domestic battery, but it's been 10-12 years I think so that part is fuzzy. I remember the stories going from LOL to yikes to WTF and always a real rollercoaster of a ride.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CannonFodder posted:

Boring is good. I much prefer "They went to work elsewhere and got on with their lives"

Pretty much. They seem happy.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I read that whole steroid post and was pretty horrified already when he asked about dark pee but I absolutely didn't expect the I hate cyclists Facebook reveal, which made me laugh, then I stopped laughing when he describes having sex like violent rape fantasies where he also gets a whole arm up his rear end apparently
He was fisting his girlfriend with a vibrator up his rear end. There's another post where he says he tried to let his girlfriend fist him but couldn't get it in.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that rare intersection of roid rage and anal fisting hornyposts

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

He was fisting his girlfriend with a vibrator up his rear end. There's another post where he says he tried to let his girlfriend fist him but couldn't get it in.

Guy was just too anal to let it slide

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Maybe this is a radical position, but I really don't see why the forums need safe spaces for steroid abuse, or just drug abuse in general.

It's one of the best anti-drug publicity programs around.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

alf_pogs posted:

that rare intersection of roid rage and anal fisting hornyposts

for some reason I feel like its not actually that rare. roid rage just seems like the kind of thing that makes you want to cram your fist up someones rear end

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's kind of ambiguous if he likes being fisted or being the fister. It seems to imply both. Anyway my takeaway from it was to use amyl.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
imagine if he gets strong enough to just fist himself fully within someone and then takes over their body

he's going to just crawl all the way inside someone important and then puppet them to start a war against bicycles

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's kind of ambiguous if he likes being fisted or being the fister. It seems to imply both. Anyway my takeaway from it was to use amyl.

Normally I'd agree but op needs less drugs not more.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's one of the best anti-drug publicity programs around.

I know, right? Turns out the secret DARE never got onto was to show that drug users can also be massive nerds who manage to make self-destruction look cringeworthy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Inceltown posted:

Normally I'd agree but op needs less drugs not more.

It's not a drug it's video head cleaner

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's not a drug it's video head cleaner

So is coffee, but it's still a drug.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
what are you mormon. too afraid to do video cleaner?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
sounds like they.... hate having a good time :reject:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Regarde Aduck posted:

imagine if he gets strong enough to just fist himself fully within someone and then takes over their body

he's going to just crawl all the way inside someone important and then puppet them to start a war against bicycles

Didn't know Robert Crumb had a forums account

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I know, right? Turns out the secret DARE never got onto was to show that drug users can also be massive nerds who manage to make self-destruction look cringeworthy.

I really got into the forums in my early twenties just as I was also really interested in drugs, as you are in that age. It actually was pretty lucky all things considered that I had all the different TCC "success stories" to follow as they happened in real time.Ordinary folks began experimenting with mail order drugs, posted how great they felt, and were dead or crippled only months later from OD'ng from some Russian research opiate or another. I learned quickly enough to never get involved with any serious stuff, (h)arm reduction, indeed!

e: I also remember reading the heroin thread a lot. The pace of self-destruction was a lot slower but at the same time watching posters get into heroin "culture" and just slide to utter destitution was somehow even more sad than folks getting literally baked in their cars. All the drug education anyone really needs.

barbecue at the folks has a new favorite as of 09:07 on Aug 31, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

That was one of the worse X-FILES episodes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I love that line someone had about “arm reduction is what you get when you’ve done all the h”.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the thing DARE really hosed up on was being entirely abstinence-based. there are crucial knowledge skills like "what is the extremely reliable pattern that makes it so that getting into opiates as a weekend thing always ends with you ruining your whole loving life" and "how do you recognize when someone is coked-up and therefore you shouldn't do what he says" that we could have all had but we had to get them from TCC instead

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

LordSaturn posted:

the thing DARE really hosed up on was being entirely abstinence-based. there are crucial knowledge skills like "what is the extremely reliable pattern that makes it so that getting into opiates as a weekend thing always ends with you ruining your whole loving life" and "how do you recognize when someone is coked-up and therefore you shouldn't do what he says" that we could have all had but we had to get them from TCC instead

Because if they did the latter no one would ever listen to their bosses. Also because it was moral majority based hypocritical garbage by the Reefer Madness crowd and all.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I learnt two things from DARE: how to hot knife hash, and how to make a bucket bong.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
dare taught me i could sniff markers and huff glue. thanks dare!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Because if they did the latter no one would ever listen to their bosses. Also because it was moral majority based hypocritical garbage by the Reefer Madness crowd and all.

Someone published a data study linking prevalence of DARE to increased drug use in teens, the obvious message being that DARE didn't work and all the propaganda and lies they told schoolkids made them more likely to do drugs once they realized it wasn't true. The DARE organization basically dismissed it by saying the drug rates didn't actually matter because the moral of the program was so important.

Found it

quote:

One leader explained that "I don't have any statistics for you. Our strongest numbers are the numbers that don't show up."[

lol the DARE wiki page is just 1-2 paragraphs then a ton of links about studies proving it was garbage.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Aug 31, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

pentyne posted:

Someone published a data study linking prevalence of DARE to increased drug use in teens, the obvious message being that DARE didn't work and all the propaganda and lies they told schoolkids made them more likely to do drugs once they realized it wasn't true. The DARE organization basically dismissed it by saying the drug rates didn't actually matter because the moral of the program was so important.

The War On Drugs in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Still laughing about someone calling INRI a natty lil bike man in that thread.