Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Kris xK posted:

I'm having trouble with the Full house achievement, anybody got a successful run for that?

I did it on hard with 3 adept 2 acolyte and the start damaged modifier, you have so much mana generation you can just blast aoe spells right out of the gate. Get Warlock as one of your T3's and you'll easily delete any boss. Don't forget that your default spell is both 2 damage and 2 shield, it makes up for not having any good sources of shield. But really most fights ended on turn 2 or 3 from the raw reliable damage output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think I did it with 3 Thief + 2 Defender? Something like that. It was a pretty large amount of both damage and shielding which was enough to brute force most encounters. Mostly you just have to look out for poison.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Shwqa posted:

So um sorceress plus dragon's egg is totally busted.

Yeah I need to nerf this haha. I like infinite combos but ideally it will take more than 1 item + 1 hero.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Tann posted:

Yeah I need to nerf this haha. I like infinite combos but ideally it will take more than 1 item + 1 hero.

Any plans on bringing this to PC? Itch.io?

I like the concept of the game and would enjoy it as a mouse experience in a window on PC quite a lot (relative to a handheld experience). Congrats on finding success with this regardless, it's clear you've hit on something with some staying power.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

Any plans on bringing this to PC? Itch.io?

I like the concept of the game and would enjoy it as a mouse experience in a window on PC quite a lot (relative to a handheld experience). Congrats on finding success with this regardless, it's clear you've hit on something with some staying power.

https://tann.itch.io/slice-dice

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Oh mannnn okay sorry. Thanks for the link!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tann posted:

In the Select your team option I don't know what all the faces are yet so I don't know what is what and tapping or long tap on them does not seems to bring anything up. This would be helpful when trying to figure out what team to create.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trastion posted:

In the Select your team option I don't know what all the faces are yet so I don't know what is what and tapping or long tap on them does not seems to bring anything up. This would be helpful when trying to figure out what team to create.

I have gotten really used to everything being color coded. You can see which enemy is attack who since they will have the color next to them. I know you can click on the enemy, but it is just faster to check the color.

Orange:Rogue
Yellow:Warrior
Grey: Defender
Red: Healer
Blue: Mage

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tann posted:

If it helps any, I had the coin to double the starting reroll number and orge sandwich to give me an extra roll. Both of which was needed to pull off the infinite combo turn 1.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tann posted:

Shwqa posted:

If it helps any, I had the coin to double the starting reroll number and orge sandwich to give me an extra roll. Both of which was needed to pull off the infinite combo turn 1.

Happy Birthday, Shwqa!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Shwqa posted:

I have gotten really used to everything being color coded. You can see which enemy is attack who since they will have the color next to them. I know you can click on the enemy, but it is just faster to check the color.

Orange:Rogue
Yellow:Warrior
Grey: Defender
Red: Healer
Blue: Mage

Thanks but I mainly meant to be able to see what the starting dice sides were for each one when selecting your custom team in that custom team mode. I am starting to get to where I remember what they each have but since you upgrade them all the time it makes it hard to remember the starting stuff.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
maybe dont play custom party until you have more experience in the main game mode then

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Happy Birthday, Shwqa!

You remembered :unsmith:

It is actually this Friday.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Trastion posted:

hard to remember the starting stuff.

I want to add some more tier 1 heroes so maybe I'll revisit that UI then!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

got some chores tonight posted:

maybe dont play custom party until you have more experience in the main game mode then

maybe gently caress off, I will play what I want when I want...

And now I'm going to eat twice as much meat for the next month just because of your avatar.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
incredibly normal brained response i wish you all the best of luck in your slicing and dicing

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

And now I'm going to eat twice as much meat for the next month just because of your avatar.

Lol calm down you dork

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Trastion posted:

Tann please make the ui worse just for this dork

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I've faced Rotten twice on Unfair and he's absolutely wrecked me both times. Unfair is........unfair. Holy crap.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Winning Custom Party with a 2-3 balance didn't unlock Two Pair, even though it was two pairs plus a third matching one of the pairs. :(

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
just jumped on the slice n dice train last night and want to reiterate that it rules and I'm willing to pay more for more content

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

delfin posted:

Winning Custom Party with a 2-3 balance didn't unlock Two Pair, even though it was two pairs plus a third matching one of the pairs. :(

That's the party makeup you need for the Full House achievement.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

faptown posted:

That's the party makeup you need for the Full House achievement.

Right, but it seemed like it should also meet the two pair req on Normal. Guess I need to go 2-2-1 and slog through it again.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

delfin posted:

Right, but it seemed like it should also meet the two pair req on Normal. Guess I need to go 2-2-1 and slog through it again.

Yea, a 2-3 is a fullhouse. Poker hands can't be multiple versions. The only one that counts is the highest value combination of cards. Otherwise a full house would be 2 pair, and a 3 of a kind, and possibly a flush.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

CainFortea posted:

Technically there is one.

Please explain this level 4 hero?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

Please explain this level 4 hero?

Spoiled because it might be an easter egg?

It's called Glitch. It's based off the Adept. It has 2 single use ranged stuns, a 2 mana duplicate, and a heal for 666 HP. And a spell that costs 5 mana and kills an enemy with half or less HP.

I have no idea how to trigger it, i've only seen it twice.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I know one way to trigger it: If you play an all Adept Custom Party without having unlocked Jester yet, you'll eventually have to pick Glitch because there's no other class your 5th Adept can actually be.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
It's like MissingNo!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
In Slice and Dice. Chrono's growth dice aren't affected by fertilizer. Come on, give me even more absurd wins!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Spermanent Record posted:

In Slice and Dice. Chrono's growth dice aren't affected by fertilizer. Come on, give me even more absurd wins!

Looks like it works to me, fertiliser is a bit of a weird item. If you use a growth side, it will also improve all chronos other sides, like the +reroll.

If you still think it's a bug, can you report it in-game using options-report bug pls :) (if it happens again)

Tann fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 2, 2021

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
I'm trying some of the custom parties with all 5 of the same type. Acolyte and Defender are hard early on just because you're not getting enough combat damage, but I just did Adept and it was comically easy just because of the sheer amount of mana you generate. There were multiple battles I won on first turn from slice or the later spell which does 2 damage to everyone. I had a blast.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ObsidianBeast posted:

I'm trying some of the custom parties with all 5 of the same type. Acolyte and Defender are hard early on just because you're not getting enough combat damage, but I just did Adept and it was comically easy just because of the sheer amount of mana you generate. There were multiple battles I won on first turn from slice or the later spell which does 2 damage to everyone. I had a blast.

I found Acolyte to be the easiest, but a bit slower, since you should basically never die.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Just did the speedrun. Got items that that put poison AND weaken on the same sword. Game owns.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

really wanna spectate that player who got 5 consecutive unfair wins. think i'm well into double digit attempts at this point, and haven't even seen the final boss :negative:

for curses,
take dmg: this one seems like a lock in, your healer often won't have much else to do besides top people off on the first turn regardless. negative synergy with the skills that double up on full hp allies, but these are fairly rare, and haven't looked particularly amazing anyway.
start poisoned: death sentence? gotta really grind out some stages, even early on, and poison is too hard to manage.
-1 reroll: somewhat scary, increasing the likelihood of awful turns, and there are quite a few classes based around rerolling, but i usually take this and settle for the zen of accepting mediocre rolls.
missing left dice: real bad. if it was any slot but left it'd be workable, but it completely sinks a lot of class options, and another empty side makes for even higher variance.
+1 spell costs: this one i thought might be good, since, in theory, once you get late enough you could just run high cost spells where +1 isn't a problem, or else build mage into a support class that mostly forgoes mana. in practice, these options are so late into the run you'll probably have some other broken combo (or have lost) already. making your mage worse and losing the flexibility of low-cost spells is surprisingly harsh.
extra enemy hp: not sure on this one. i usually take it purely because the others seem so detrimental, but it's hard to judge how much extra damage results from an inability to deal that last pip or two of hp on a wall of skeletons etc.

mostly i've been trying: take damage/-1 reroll/enemy hp, but with no wins yet i'm wondering if there's a better option. maybe losing the reroll is worse then the extra spell cost? as bad as is is, a few promising runs have been stopped cold by awful turn one rolls.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

_jink posted:

mostly i've been trying: take damage/-1 reroll/enemy hp, but with no wins yet i'm wondering if there's a better option. maybe losing the reroll is worse then the extra spell cost? as bad as is is, a few promising runs have been stopped cold by awful turn one rolls.

This is most of my attempts as well but it's loving brutal. I might just try swapping out the -1 reroll for start poisoned and just accept that i'm going to get deaths.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah it's been pretty tricky. I think start poisoned is honestly not that terrible, it just really really sucks in the early stages when you have so little health. I've tried Damage/Reroll/Enemy HP and Damage/Poison/Enemy HP and honestly both of them are awful to work with.

Haven't tried +1 Spell Mana or Left Side starts blank because what the hell, those are awful. Left side is frequently the best side of the die by a country mile, I can't even imagine trying to play without it. +1 Mana is better, but man there are so man classes where the benefit of them is having a useful cheap spell, and this option completely dumpsters them.

Maybe Left Side could be okay if you pick classes with generally high consistency? You might be able to offset it with the abundance of items that give you a new left side option? Just spitballing here.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

_jink posted:

take dmg: this one seems like a lock in, your healer often won't have much else to do besides top people off on the first turn regardless. negative synergy with the skills that double up on full hp allies, but these are fairly rare, and haven't looked particularly amazing anyway.

Agree, start 25% damaged seems like the easiest curse. Hard isn't too much worse than normal with this one. Unfair seems apt so far.

_jink posted:

extra enemy hp: not sure on this one. i usually take it purely because the others seem so detrimental, but it's hard to judge how much extra damage results from an inability to deal that last pip or two of hp on a wall of skeletons etc.

This one would be fine if it always rounded down. As is it's not too bad on high health enemies, but taking a pile of imps and skeletons from 4 to 5 is rough. Four health is kind of a break point. Feels like by midgame I usually have one or two skills that can oneshot a 4 hp enemy but not a 5.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm misjudged the single use dice faces? They seem kinda weak? Like often they are only like a tick higher than normal sided dice. Though I did just learn than you can put a replace a blank side item on the character and it will replace the used single use side.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shwqa posted:

I'm misjudged the single use dice faces? They seem kinda weak? Like often they are only like a tick higher than normal sided dice. Though I did just learn than you can put a replace a blank side item on the character and it will replace the used single use side.

Sometimes, yea, like the mana torches. But other times they've got some extra utility, like being cruel, or a damage/self heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope

_jink posted:

Yeah, that is the only combo I've been able to win unfair with. One less reroll is kind of a lame curse, as it really ups the luck factor.

I've come close to winning using damage, enemy HP, and spell cost, but that also requires some luck, as getting a blue class which has stuff outside of just mana generation becomes really useful. Chronos is pretty good: just pray to roll the "refresh another hero" side every time. Warlock is ok too. Items that give other abilities to your blue class, like replacing sides with swords or shields, are also great.