Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

thalweg posted:

I'm no expert but would lean Aiyuk over Edmonds. They're pretty close in ADP though.

I'd take Aiyuk over Edmonds also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A guy in our 14 team Important League auto drafted and ended up with FIVE tight ends. He's a Ravens fan.

I have a ton of wide receivers and offered him Rashod Bateman for Robert Tonyan straight up. He texted me and said is there anything else to this trade???

I responded

quote:

Nope. I have too many WRs and also three are rookies and I figured you'd know more than anyone that Bateman could easily be the starting X WR. It's hard to trade TE to anyone so I thought it might be worth it to you to give up Tonyan who clearly over performed last season and will most likely regress to the mean on touchdowns. If you would rather keep Tonyan I understand but I'm not spending too much for a backup TE when I have Mark Andrews. If you think the value isn't there I'll be happy to keep Bateman because I think he's awesome and I don't trust Sammy or Hollywood Brown to stay healthy at all. JK Dobbins is one less mouth to feed in the passing game too.

He responded by cancelling the trade. My question is am I missing something here? I understand rookie wide receivers are lottery tickets but is anybody actually that high on Tonyan? From everything I've read he was like, historically lucky with touchdowns based on usage.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

A guy in our 14 team Important League auto drafted and ended up with FIVE tight ends. He's a Ravens fan.

I have a ton of wide receivers and offered him Rashod Bateman for Robert Tonyan straight up. He texted me and said is there anything else to this trade???

I responded

He responded by cancelling the trade. My question is am I missing something here? I understand rookie wide receivers are lottery tickets but is anybody actually that high on Tonyan? From everything I've read he was like, historically lucky with touchdowns based on usage.

I think you're correct but here's my personal analysis of your friend "he mad"

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm not sure what your personal relationship is with the guy but I find the "doing YOU a favor" tone in trade talks off-putting.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha that's fair. I know him well, he's usually very good at fantasy and very knowledgeable so I don't think he harbors any illusions about his chances this season after autodrafting.

I don't think Rashod Bateman is someone I'm going to start regularly if ever. He's mostly there to blow up one game and then I'll trade him for someone stable. I was happy to cancel the trade because I'm not even sure I should roster a backup TE.

But I hear you on the tone, I respond by cancelling whenever anybody tries to convince me that trading two mediocre players for one good one is ever a strategy I should consider. Maybe he felt the same about a rookie WR.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
"but I'm not spending too much for a backup TE when I have Mark Andrews."

Seems that'd be more appropriate if he was the one that approached you.

I'd probably reject too and just drop the 3 worst TEs for whatever dart throws are on waivers. I'm not really high on a rookie entering the season injured.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol he just texted me and rejected because he's a Ravens fan. He says he has no faith in the organization to draft a fantasy relevant receiver.

Now I'm wondering if my friend might actually secretly be Kawalimus

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

I won this league last year and I was not a gracious winner.

.5 ppr, 8 team so it's not too hard to find waiver talent

QB: Murray
RB: CMC, Ekeler, Swift, Ronald Jones, Fournette (lol)
WR: Robby anderson, Jeudy, Cooks, Corey Davis, Laviska-Shenault, Waddle, antonio brown (lol)
TE: Kelce

I did a very lovely job securing WRs and unfortunately followed the league trend of spending too much on RBs and I feel like I just grabbed some guys who could maybe pop off and pray someone pays off.

I have someone offering to trade AJ Brown and Herbert for Murray and Jeudy. I kept pushing for Jefferson but he won't give him up.

Trade analyzers go from "about even" to "yes do it" but I don't think they take into account how much WR talent may be available in an 8-team.

Do I secure the relative positional scarcity at QB or just go for it on the trade and get a WR-1. (I am also kind of scared of AJB's knees exploding).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

basement jihadist posted:

I have someone offering to trade AJ Brown and Herbert for Murray and Jeudy. I kept pushing for Jefferson but he won't give him up.

Very easy accept. Murray averaged better than a touchdown rushing per game for the first 9 games last year, he isn't likely to have a patch like that again imo so downgrading to Herbert is very minor relative to the upgrade from Jeudy to AJB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess it also depends on your scoring though, Kyler Murray was our #3 fantasy scorer last season because of all the rushing. I also like Jeudy this season even if he won't touch AJ Brown.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

I guess it also depends on your scoring though, Kyler Murray was our #3 fantasy scorer last season because of all the rushing. I also like Jeudy this season even if he won't touch AJ Brown.

4 points per TD, .2 every 5 passing, .1 rushing. No special rules.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My guess it comes out really even with a slight edge to Herbert and AJ Brown 565 to 554.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

kiimo posted:

A guy in my league got auto drafted 4 TEs when we have no dedicated TE slot. Auto draft is especially brutal when you have nonstandard roster settings.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Thanks, everyone. He backed out anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also ESPN completely flushed our entire league's pre-draft rankings that we all slaved over for weeks. No explanation, and we can't find any reason.

ESPN sucks and I'm glad we're moving to My Fantasy League next season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ESPN is the worst

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

I responded

I would assume the groin surgery makes him hesitant to trade for him.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

ESPN is the worst

MFL is the worst but ESPN is the worst with an actual app.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Just seems unlikely Murray won't see a dip in that rushing this year. That was apparently the 7th most attempts, 7th most yardage, and tied for 4th most touchdowns by a QB ever. If he does like 600-8 as a rusher (which would be a phenomenal rushing season for a QB), and let's say that's 400-4 better than Herbert, Herbert throwing for 300 more yards and 5 more touchdowns than Murray makes them close to even, Murray will score like 15-20 more points on the year. Feels like we can swing a little too far towards overvaluing QB rushing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

MFL is the worst but ESPN is the worst with an actual app.

The MFL app has always worked fine in my opinion. The website itself is a different story.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't think MFL has their own app but MFL Lite works great for me

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I use MFL platinum and have zero complaints.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

I use MFL platinum and have zero complaints.

Yeah, this one. It's not good for live drafts, but works for daily management.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
I recieved an interesting dynasty trade - full ppr. It would be my Bryan Edwards for his Curtis Samuel. Obviously, this feels like a smash prior to pre-season, but the hype for Edwards from training camp and college profile, plus the injury to Samuel has me hesitant. I have 3 wr1/2s, so I can afford to see how this pans out. Anyone here have some opinions on it?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

the MFL apps all suck

I actually find logging into the website on a phone or ipad browser is better

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ares posted:

I recieved an interesting dynasty trade - full ppr. It would be my Bryan Edwards for his Curtis Samuel. Obviously, this feels like a smash prior to pre-season, but the hype for Edwards from training camp and college profile, plus the injury to Samuel has me hesitant. I have 3 wr1/2s, so I can afford to see how this pans out. Anyone here have some opinions on it?

Raiders just cut John Brown. Edwards is a starter, Ruggs is a disappointment, and Renfrow is not a WR1. I'd stay w/ Edwards, but, I was never drafting Samuel in the first place. He was on my DND list.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ares posted:

I like Edward's, but not more than than the guy who ended up WR25 on a completely dysfunctional offense who now is on a team with real weapons

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ares posted:

I am taking Curtis Samuel here but would not blame you if you preferred Edwards' potential. The hype around Edwards still makes sense even if he fell flat on his face in year 1. But Samuel has already proven himself against man coverage (his success rate has been at the 88th percentile or higher in the last three seasons according to Reception Perception), can win contested catches, and is still only 25 despite being on his second contract. I think he's going to play a lot of great ball going forward. He was healing from a groin sprain but a grade 2 sprain is something that can completely heal without surgery if you just give it rest and since the injury incurred in OTAs/minicamp in June, he was given plenty of time to get back to 100%. I think once they're ready to put him in a game, he ought to be good to go.

As a reminder, here was how Ron Rivera and Scott Turner deployed Samuel in 2019:
https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1235680733206700032?s=20

Fitzpatrick is gonna love him.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
Thank you for the feedback!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Had my last draft of the season and i'm feeling ok about it, my RB's are a bit rough though ooof.

.5 PPR drafted 11th and we start 2WR 2RB 1Flex

QB: Stafford
RB: Henderson, Gaskins, Mostert, Conner, Jamaal Williams, David Johnson
WR: Tyreek, Godwin, Cooks, Curtis Samuel, Elijah Moore
TE: Kelce
K/DEF: streaming both

Probably should've taken a RB instead of Reek or Kelce but i just didn't like the options there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
12 team, 0.5 ppr, 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 WRT / other stuff that doesn't matter but I'll have to drop a few for some almost worthless IDP slots. Picked from slot 8. Rounds for the earlier picks in parenthesis.

QB: Tom Brady (7)
RB: Aaron Jones (1), D'Andre Swift (3), Miles Sanders (5), Tevin Coleman, Rhamondre Stevenson, Mark Ingram
WR: Deandre Hopkins (2), Ceedee Lamb (4), Courtland Sutton (8), Michael Thomas, Elijah Moore, Jarvis Landry, Jaylen Waddle
TE: TJ Hockenson (6), Mike Gesicki

Not thrilled with my RB or WR depth, but if Thomas comes back strong and I'm actually in the position to make a playoff push, I'll feel better

sourdough fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 1, 2021

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Weird, I also did a draft tonight at the same time with exactly the same settings and roster spots…:ninja:

No idea what’s going on with IDP and feel as though I overvalued RBs given the league structure…but also I ended up drafting more WRs than anyone else.

similar to a buffalo
1. (4) Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
2. (21) Antonio Gibson (Was - RB)
3. (28) George Kittle (SF - TE)
4. (45) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
5. (52) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR)
6. (69) Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR)
7. (76) Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
8. (93) AJ Dillon (GB - RB)
9. (100) Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jax - WR)
10. (117) Matthew Stafford (LAR - QB)
11. (124) Michael Gallup (Dal - WR)
12. (141) Joey Bosa (LAC - DE)
13. (148) Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
14. (165) Chandler Jones (Ari - LB)
15. (172) Mecole Hardman (KC - WR)
16. (189) Trey Lance (SF - QB)
17. (196) Jamal Adams (Sea - S)
18. (213) Denver (Den - DEF)
19. (220) Rondale Moore (Ari - WR)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

Weird, I also did a draft tonight at the same time with exactly the same settings and roster spots…:ninja:

No idea what’s going on with IDP and feel as though I overvalued RBs given the league structure…but also I ended up drafting more WRs than anyone else.

similar to a buffalo
1. (4) Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB)
2. (21) Antonio Gibson (Was - RB)
3. (28) George Kittle (SF - TE)
4. (45) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
5. (52) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR)
6. (69) Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR)
7. (76) Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
8. (93) AJ Dillon (GB - RB)
9. (100) Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jax - WR)
10. (117) Matthew Stafford (LAR - QB)
11. (124) Michael Gallup (Dal - WR)
12. (141) Joey Bosa (LAC - DE)
13. (148) Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
14. (165) Chandler Jones (Ari - LB)
15. (172) Mecole Hardman (KC - WR)
16. (189) Trey Lance (SF - QB)
17. (196) Jamal Adams (Sea - S)
18. (213) Denver (Den - DEF)
19. (220) Rondale Moore (Ari - WR)

IDP are worthless, last year the top options when I looked at them scored like 20-30 points lol. I like your RBs and team in general but a WR2 through 4 of Higgins, Chase, and Shenault is nerve wracking, could really let you down

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

If your IDP are worthless your league scoring isn’t giving solo and/or assisted tackles their proper weight.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

If your IDP are worthless your league scoring isn’t giving solo and/or assisted tackles their proper weight.

Correct, 0 points for any tackles

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
IDP and DST but no points on tackles? What is this poo poo?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What’s the point

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

IDP and DST but no points on tackles? What is this poo poo?

DST scores more normally iirc, but IDP is exclusively big play

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So the IDPs only get points when a DST does which

RCarr posted:

What’s the point

It's like having kickers and adding field goals to DST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Correct, 0 points for any tackles

This is even dumber than leagues that snake draft in 2021.