Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Coldrice posted:

I decided to work on a game to make people realize how easy it is to catch covid.

This game represents a factory of 250 people. This is full open'r up style with no protections.

They work from 8am-6pm, then they go home. Currently it starts with a single infected person.

each person is randomly generated by age, weight, gender, ethnicity, as dictated by 2020 census data.

A person requires 15 minutes of in game time contact to get infected. Severity of covid is random based on the CDC statistics of how infections progress. It is also modified by age/weight/ethnicity/gender/etc...

People who are "hospitalized" do not count towards the pool or infect others (since they'd be hospitalized)

I'd like to add a thing where you can hover over a person to see their stats, give them a mask, or vaccinate them. A slider for how fast times moves. Maybe add walls? I dunno. I just want people to see how fast it spreads

Color key:
white - nothing
green - mild symptoms
dark green - sick
Yellow - very sick/Hospitalized
Red - ICU
Purple - Dead

why are dead people still coming to the factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Coldrice posted:

I decided to work on a game to make people realize how easy it is to catch covid.

This game represents a factory of 250 people. This is full open'r up style with no protections.

this is loving awesome

I remember WaPo having something similar like 16 months ago, but it was just infection rate, not outcomes. awesome

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

ouvert macron

macrovid-19

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mola Yam posted:

This is the final level of biden opening

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

for the moment just simplicity - I'm just making the spread work properly. Although in an open'r up world dropping dead in the factory would be par for the course! Code wise, they don't spread since they're not supposed to be there - only if they're sick or less.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

yeah absolutely. your local farm store has them. it's why they keep running out of them. people buy 10s of them every time they come in stock, shoot themselves up, then end up in the hospital over it. it's the OG "shovel yourself full of poo poo for animals" before ivermectin was around. it's real not great.

E: https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/coronavirus-disease-in-dogs dog corona isn't covid 19 tho

on my next run for apple flavored horse paste I'll pick some up

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/LeslieMac/status/1432359522195083273?s=20
I can get behind a Defund Nate Silver movement. He has made social murder of vulnerable groups seem not only acceptable but inevitable to his liberal followers

Der Meister posted:

i am in llove with Eric crack ping
:hmmyes: Uphold Feigl-Ding Thought

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Zokari posted:

has any government tried just paying people (a non-trivial amount) to get vaccinated

yes, america did. some dude just immediately went out to every pharmacy and got 20 vaccines

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

someone buy fiegl-ding an account

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

You think dying is an excuse to miss work?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Idiot Kicker posted:

That Dr. John video made me feel terrified but also oddly reassured, something about him is kind of disarming I guess but also we're going to die??

He just seems kind of tired at the end. "Well we've hosed this up so badly for no goddamn reason that this is just gonna happen now."

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

You think dying is an excuse to miss work?

this is a book about dead people being reanimated to work off their debt

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Shiroc posted:

He just seems kind of tired at the end. "Well we've hosed this up so badly for no goddamn reason that this is just gonna happen now."

I feel for the guy, maybe that moment was just super relatable.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheTomGeorge/status/1432895534210060292?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mola Yam posted:

the t-virus covid variant

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

irl jorji from papers please lol

"Okay! Moderna! I will remember, next passport will be perfect!"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
living WITH covid, not living of covid

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...cases-surge-ama posted:

Patients in Sydney hospitals receiving lower levels of care will need to be moved into their homes and cared for primarily by GPs if the city’s hospitals are to stand any chance of coping with surging cases of Covid, the Australian Medical Association has warned.

AMA vice president Chris Moy, has accused the Berejiklian government and health authorities of being “flippant” in insisting the New South Wales health system can expand its intensive care capacity to 2,000 beds, warning that if it is able to source enough staff to care for that many patients, hospitals would be in a state of “catastrophe”.

A week earlier, there were 586 Covid cases in hospital, with 100 in ICU and 32 people on ventilators. At that time, there were about 845 ICU beds in NSW, with 667 occupied. About 17% were Covid patients, however doctors have warned Covid patients stay in ICUs for much longer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ah poo poo, Australia Post just told my employer, an online retailer, that they are pausing pick ups for three days due to staff shortages caused by too many postal workers exposed to covid. I'm sure this will go well. We ship like 400 packages per day.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Coldrice posted:

They work from 8am-6pm, then they go home. Currently it starts with a single infected person.

each person is randomly generated by age, weight, gender, ethnicity, as dictated by 2020 census data.

A person requires 15 minutes of in game time contact to get infected. Severity of covid is random based on the CDC statistics of how infections progress. It is also modified by age/weight/ethnicity/gender/etc...

People who are "hospitalized" do not count towards the pool or infect others (since they'd be hospitalized)

I'd like to add a thing where you can hover over a person to see their stats, give them a mask, or vaccinate them. A slider for how fast times moves. Maybe add walls? I dunno. I just want people to see how fast it spreads

Color key:
white - nothing
green - mild symptoms
dark green - sick
Red - ICU
Purple - Dead

This is cool as gently caress gives me extremely dwarf fortress vibes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
slip a rona on the barbie

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

irl jorji from papers please lol

"Okay! Moderna! I will remember, next passport will be perfect!"

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

yes, america did. some dude just immediately went out to every pharmacy and got 20 vaccines

his name was max titers

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

*stamps Approved*

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Now do one for Max Titers.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

“It has been stated over and over again that the English doctors are unanimous in declaring that where the work is continuous, 8 feet apart is the very least space that should be allowed for each person. […] the very root of the capitalist mode of production, i.e., the self-expansion of all capital, large or small, by means of the “free” purchase and consumption of labour-power, would be attacked. Factory legislation is therefore brought to a deadlock before these 8 feet of breathing space. The sanitary officers, the industrial inquiry commissioners, the factory inspectors, all harp, over and over again, upon the necessity for those 8 feet, and upon the impossibility of wringing them out of capital. They thus, in fact, declare that tuberculosis and other lung diseases among the workpeople are necessary conditions to the existence of capital.” Karl Marx, Das Kapital (Chapter Fifteen: Machinery and Modern Industry, Section 9).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Chamale posted:

“It has been stated over and over again that the English doctors are unanimous in declaring that where the work is continuous, 8 feet apart is the very least space that should be allowed for each person. […] the very root of the capitalist mode of production, i.e., the self-expansion of all capital, large or small, by means of the “free” purchase and consumption of labour-power, would be attacked. Factory legislation is therefore brought to a deadlock before these 8 feet of breathing space. The sanitary officers, the industrial inquiry commissioners, the factory inspectors, all harp, over and over again, upon the necessity for those 8 feet, and upon the impossibility of wringing them out of capital. They thus, in fact, declare that tuberculosis and other lung diseases among the workpeople are necessary conditions to the existence of capital.” Karl Marx, Das Kapital (Chapter Fifteen: Machinery and Modern Industry, Section 9).

trust the (immortal) science

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Homocow posted:

is bill gates bad? I forget sometimes

yeah, melinda is divorcing him for a reason. before she married him he was completely insufferable and an enormous rear end in a top hat by all accounts. microsoft was known for all of the worst ways to treat people like stack ranking, standoffs and confrontations with managers, etc. bill would personally review every single major product/team once a year and all of the managers would spend 6 months obsessing about and freaking out about what bill would do to catch them by surprise, make them look like idiots, and potentially fire them--they had an entire internal training class to teach you how to deal with bill and a billg review. he's a huge dick with a huge ego and a ton of money

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chamale posted:

lol those English doctors were idiots. you only need 3 feet of space.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

This is cool as gently caress gives me extremely dwarf fortress vibes

has toady implemented respiratory diseases yet

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Coldrice posted:

Color key:
white - nothing
green - mild symptoms
dark green - sick
Red - ICU
Purple - Dead

ohhhh neato

what about making a school version too, I wonder if it would look a lot different from work? instead of a big mix of people it would be more uniform blocks of the same age but still with a teacher or two

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

oh jorji you scamp I can't stay mad at you

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

yeah, melinda is divorcing him for a reason. before she married him he was completely insufferable and an enormous rear end in a top hat by all accounts. microsoft was known for all of the worst ways to treat people like stack ranking, standoffs and confrontations with managers, etc. bill would personally review every single major product/team once a year and all of the managers would spend 6 months obsessing about and freaking out about what bill would do to catch them by surprise, make them look like idiots, and potentially fire them--they had an entire internal training class to teach you how to deal with bill and a billg review. he's a huge dick with a huge ego and a ton of money

op was joking, but seriously the first episode of the bill gates limited series documentary on Netflix is so loving insane you will not believe the production company is bought and paid for by gates and it was intended as a PR rehabilitation/ vanity project

watch gates attempt to draw a toilet on a white board and tell me individual consolidation of wealth isn't fundamentally evil

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hello yes I have had the Fizor vaccine

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Homocow posted:

is bill gates bad? I forget sometimes

he is one of the main proponents of keeping IP rights on mRNA vaccines so the global south and the poors die off and was close friends with jeffery epstein. his global charitable works are money laundering operations, malthusian projects or PR garbage

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
It's time to wander into Applebee's. The time has come--Dr. John admitted defeat. I, like every other living individual, must cast the die and let fate control our individual destiny.

At least I get some mozzarella sticks.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Atrocious Joe posted:

has toady implemented respiratory diseases yet

menaces with spike proteins

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Bar Ran Dun posted:

king county today. posting because school started today. mask mandate and 70+% vaxxed was enough to level off delta.

I'm not prepared for what's going to happen to King County two weeks from school starting + Puyallup Fair + PAX (aka Seattle Sturgis)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

that's not really the worst thing about Bill Gates

he's had a huge role in dismantling the American educational system, has foisted his own eugenicist beliefs on aid programs in Africa, actively sabotaged attempts at freeing-up IP law for COVID vaccines, and palled around with Jeffrey Epstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh yea i forgot about charter schools