Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
We'll always have piss wizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Plutonis posted:

Or maybe From Another Time, Another Land instead of Lamentations

This. Even having the name of his game be a punchline is a degree more attention than Zak S, a serial abuser who shat his pants outside a Chik-A-Fil-A, is worthy of.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Splicer posted:

Was it CR or TAZ where the GM tweeted an "oh man why people gotta be making fusses" thread during one of the last times the RPG community at large briefly remembered Mike Mearles and everyone around him are scum?

I've never seen any indication that the McElroys are even aware of the problems around WotC, or interested in learning about the same.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

BitD TV show is a pretty easy sell, seeing as BitD is, above all else, "Leverage set in Thief" so it's a pretty proven formula. What other systems would you want to see get a screen adaptation? My gut says Paranoia but my brain says that the things that make it fun to play are more about improv than anything else. I would watch the gently caress out of a melodramatic Polaris.

AW doesn't count because we already got Fury Road, though I guess "More Fury Road" is an extremely good thing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition but played 100% by the book.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

We'll always have piss wizards

Trad Games Chat: Dare you enter my magical realm?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tulip posted:

BitD TV show is a pretty easy sell, seeing as BitD is, above all else, "Leverage set in Thief" so it's a pretty proven formula. What other systems would you want to see get a screen adaptation? My gut says Paranoia but my brain says that the things that make it fun to play are more about improv than anything else. I would watch the gently caress out of a melodramatic Polaris.

AW doesn't count because we already got Fury Road, though I guess "More Fury Road" is an extremely good thing.

LANCER but it's a Sunrise studios anime.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I feel like Coriolis or Infinity could do what the Expanse is doing. Too expensive, though.

I would love an Ultraviolet Grasslands and the Black City in the style of the Mandalorian, with an Oregon Trail wagon full of post-apoc adventurers having an adventure of the week. Probably too expensive, though.

The reason why Blades is probably an easy sell is because Leverage was cheap and Penny Dreadful was cheap. "What if both?" is probably cheap, too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Delta Green could have been amazing but the ship for 90s X-Files-alikes has already sailed.

Twilight 2000 could probably mix some great antiwar themes with action as a post-apocylptic military procedural. You'd get all the "frontier" of a Western without the problematic aspects of a Western.

Still surprised we ever got a Mechwarrior cartoon but a live action version would be wonderful.

Kindred: the Embraced reboot when?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kindred was surprisingly competent and honestly good.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It had Spelling magic, but it was no Forever Knight.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Coolness Averted posted:

Sometimes a rich parent just wants to be able to claim their failson is an entrepreneur & business owner instead of a high school drop out. That's how someone I know wound up with his own comic shop for 2-3 years in his 20's despite the shop hemorrhaging money.

This is a good read about the general phenomenon: American Gentry.

Tulip posted:

What other systems would you want to see get a screen adaptation?

RuneQuest Glorantha, Tékumel. Classic Traveller, just generating random start systems in the writer's room and writing episodes around that, that would be nice.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Plutonis posted:

LANCER but it's a Sunrise studios anime.

:hmmyes:

I think I'd rather watch a LANCER story than actually play LANCER tbh.

CitizenKeen posted:

I feel like Coriolis or Infinity could do what the Expanse is doing. Too expensive, though.

I feel like Infinity is incredibly visually striking and has some really rich stuff going on under the hood, but I also feel like it's pulled in a lot of different directions that would require a team to have a very focused story. Not necessarily a bad thing but I can see also somebody trying to make sure every faction gets some presence when it would be much better to just stick to like...3 or 4.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Tekumel is long overdue for the Game of Thrones treatment. (Cue a bunch of old grognards complaining that everyone doesn't have their tits out all the time.)

I think Paranoia would works best as a Lower Decks style animated series.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Tulip posted:

I feel like Infinity is incredibly visually striking and has some really rich stuff going on under the hood, but I also feel like it's pulled in a lot of different directions that would require a team to have a very focused story. Not necessarily a bad thing but I can see also somebody trying to make sure every faction gets some presence when it would be much better to just stick to like...3 or 4.

It's been a few years, but there's a central organization with space cops (O-12? something like that?) - I feel like a show like that picks a cardinal direction in the galaxy and solves a specific problem in a different locale every season.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'd love a cop show set in Sigil.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Tulip posted:

What other systems would you want to see get a screen adaptation?

Leaning on both "because I like them" and "because they'd adapt to TV well":

• Masks (we already got this with Teen Titans, of course)
  • Band of Blades would make a better TV show than it does a game, and the focus on small-squad warfare would allow it to work in a TV budget.
  • Delta Green was already addressed.
  • So was Lancer.
  • I still have a weird affinity for what Never Going Home tried to do even if it fails at it (see my F&F). Like BoB, it's sufficiently small scale warfare to fit a TV budget, and it has the right blend of quiet horror and active, bloody fights to make the pacing work. Unsure if it's better off episodic or a series with continuity though.
  • Thousand Year Old Vampire has potential for a miniseries or a single season show. Draws from the regular historical wardrobe/props studios keep without being terribly concerned with actual historical accuracy, too, and it's very personally focused with a heavy cast turnover around the unchanging main character, which might help budget in the form of "get a big name for the vampire and a bunch of unknowns for the guys who only show up one or two episodes". It's another game that strikes me as better in a different medium.

Without viability in mind... give me a Tribe 8 adaptation. Any adaptation. Movie, TV, novel, as long as it's good. It didn't deserve obscurity.
I want to also say Spire but that's less "ignoring viability" and more "actively spitting in the face of the anti-viability of the show as produced by any corporate studio".

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

SkyeAuroline posted:

• Band of Blades would make a better TV show than it does a game, and the focus on small-squad warfare would allow it to work in a TV budget.

This would just be a Black Company show, yeah?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

CitizenKeen posted:

Just please end it either after book 3 with or without Silver Spike. Glen Cook getting both worse at writing and increasingly weird about women can't really be salvaged.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

CitizenKeen posted:

Yeah, pretty much. And that's probably the only way it would get made.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Megazver posted:

I'd love a cop show set in Sigil.

Or Sharn

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

CitizenKeen posted:

I would love to see the first trilogy on screen.

I would also love to see a caper/heist based Shadowrun series.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I want to see somebody make the terrible mistake of trying to make a Rifts tv series.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
They already did Sliders.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The Dracula Dossier would make for a fantastic series.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Maid

My life with master

e: gloom

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SkyeAuroline posted:

• Thousand Year Old Vampire has potential for a miniseries or a single season show. Draws from the regular historical wardrobe/props studios keep without being terribly concerned with actual historical accuracy, too, and it's very personally focused with a heavy cast turnover around the unchanging main character, which might help budget in the form of "get a big name for the vampire and a bunch of unknowns for the guys who only show up one or two episodes". It's another game that strikes me as better in a different medium.

Oh poo poo I'd love this. Like a more hosed up Highlander.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tulip posted:

Over the Edge but you give it to some motherfucker who isn't a JJabrams so the mystery boxes actually get picked through and solved as you get immersed more into Al Amarja.

Alternately, Feng Shui.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hostile V posted:

Alternately, Feng Shui.
Getting dangerously close to The Film of The Novel of The Game of The Movie

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Splicer posted:

Getting dangerously close to The Film of The Novel of The Game of The Movie
The serpent can and should devour the hell out of its own tail if it makes good entertaining content.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

An Electric Bastionland series that just drops you into the premise of a group of down-and-out treasure hunters in a weird city would be great. Especially if you put Muppets Mockeries in it too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I dunno if anyone here actually watches the dude, but Arcadum got outed as a huuuuuuuuuge sex pest. I'm talking like, we're up to at least 10 people now. Basically everyone's immediately dumped his rear end and his career is toast.

Good riddance, I say. I watched some of his stuff and it was seriously nothing special, it just had big streamer names attached to it. poo poo looked extremely unfun and railroady. Also apparently had a habit of eating into the mic live on stream which :newlol:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Exalted could make a good animated series, hell it always seemed like White Wolf was incredibly eager to use it as an IP mine, just it didn't get off the ground until they were just past their peak.

I also agree Glorantha deserves way more media and exposure.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SkyeAuroline posted:

[*] Thousand Year Old Vampire has potential for a miniseries or a single season show. Draws from the regular historical wardrobe/props studios keep without being terribly concerned with actual historical accuracy, too, and it's very personally focused with a heavy cast turnover around the unchanging main character, which might help budget in the form of "get a big name for the vampire and a bunch of unknowns for the guys who only show up one or two episodes". It's another game that strikes me as better in a different medium.

Hard to pitch, "it's like What We Do in the Shadows but instead of being funny and sad, it's just funny."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The guy who created John Rambo wrote the novelization of the movie adaptation of his novel. Must have been weird.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

The guy who created John Rambo wrote the novelization of the movie adaptation of his novel. Must have been weird.

Living the dream of every writer: getting paid to write the same book twice. Three times, if you count what he made from the movie.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Coolness Averted posted:

Exalted could make a good animated series, hell it always seemed like White Wolf was incredibly eager to use it as an IP mine, just it didn't get off the ground until they were just past their peak.

Good (???) news!

Nuns with Guns posted:

If anyone wants another Twitter link to start discussing, this also dropped:

https://twitter.com/JenkinsAndTate/status/1432734476333985794

Can't wait to see screenshots from the really dumb pilot no network or streaming service would pick up in 3-4 years.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Any threads for Starfinder? Planning on playing a game soon, wanted to read up on it.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

I dunno if anyone here actually watches the dude, but Arcadum got outed as a huuuuuuuuuge sex pest. I'm talking like, we're up to at least 10 people now. Basically everyone's immediately dumped his rear end and his career is toast.

Good riddance, I say. I watched some of his stuff and it was seriously nothing special, it just had big streamer names attached to it. poo poo looked extremely unfun and railroady. Also apparently had a habit of eating into the mic live on stream which :newlol:

I watched some of his stuff when some steamers I followed joined his living world. He had some really tightly designed combat encounters, but anything that didn't directly involve combat was unremarkable, and it was bogged down with details from his living world's lore and the interconnected nature of the different campaigns.

He seemed like a bit of a control freak with how he shared info about his custom features and subclasses. Every player had something with homebrewed mechanics that they'd have to directly ask him about because there was no central set of rules or documents to reference. In retrospect, that might have been intentional, to create opportunities to be a sexpest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Welcome to page 7 friends