Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Chris James 2 posted:

Humiliation for loser Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah it sucks

Takeover: fatal 4 way to Ciampa vs Gargano unsanctioned was a golden time, a perfect show

It’s definitely a great series finale in the same way that Mania 30 was for WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
2 July 2021

According to PWInsider, McMahon was accompanied by WWE higher ups, John Laurinaitis, Nick Khan and Bruce Prichard, who have all been discussed with the recent WWE releases.

Fightful Select have added to this situation, noting that many at the WWE Performance Center were ‘extremely nervous’ about McMahon’s visit, not wanting to give a bad first impression to the WWE Chairman, especially when WWE have released dozens of talents over the past year.

Despite this, it was also noted that there was no need to be nervous, as most of the talents only spotted McMahon for a short time, with another person who had been with the Performance Center for several years noting that other than the WWE tapings during the pandemic, they hadn’t seen Vince there throughout their tenure.

Not all NXT and Performance Center talents were required to attend the training, however several talents who were there were relieved upon finding out that it was only regular training.

Bronson Reed could be set to be called up to Raw or SmackDown in the not too distant future, with him losing the NXT North American Title only contributing to this.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Lamuella posted:

I do actually feel sorry for people who were serious NXT fans (and there were quite a few of them at one point). They had something they thought was special, and it first got used as a weapon in a game of "let's you and him fight" and then just bled dry.
It's the same Orlando crowd getting burned for a second time after Dixie told them they were cast members and not fans.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is like when WCW wasn't doing well so they got in Bill Watts who was so far out of touch he banned the top rope.

iirc, in response, Jyushin Thunder Liger just did moonsaults off the second rope

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

2 July 2021

According to PWInsider, McMahon was accompanied by WWE higher ups, John Laurinaitis, Nick Khan and Bruce Prichard, who have all been discussed with the recent WWE releases.

Fightful Select have added to this situation, noting that many at the WWE Performance Center were ‘extremely nervous’ about McMahon’s visit, not wanting to give a bad first impression to the WWE Chairman, especially when WWE have released dozens of talents over the past year.

Despite this, it was also noted that there was no need to be nervous, as most of the talents only spotted McMahon for a short time, with another person who had been with the Performance Center for several years noting that other than the WWE tapings during the pandemic, they hadn’t seen Vince there throughout their tenure.

Not all NXT and Performance Center talents were required to attend the training, however several talents who were there were relieved upon finding out that it was only regular training.

Bronson Reed could be set to be called up to Raw or SmackDown in the not too distant future, with him losing the NXT North American Title only contributing to this.

lmao that last sentence

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So how long till HHH is back in the ring since he has gently caress all to do now?

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Venomous posted:

iirc, in response, Jyushin Thunder Liger just did moonsaults off the second rope

Didn't it eventually get refined to, specifically, no top-rope knee drops? I seem to recall Rick Rude dropping flying knees for HEEAAATTTT even after restrictions loosened up.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

njsykora posted:

I was one of those people but after the a bunch of call ups that went absolutely nowhere I found it impossible to get invested in any more. If you were an NXT fan you should’ve known its time was limited a while ago. All that said…

I don't know why I should care about anyone in the current NXT because of this. Odd are that anyone that is called up won't be used properly and fired within a year or two.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

So how long till HHH is back in the ring since he has gently caress all to do now?

by mania, bet on it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They finally get Rock to sign for that Roman match they've been building for two years, loser hunter shoves his way into the room "wait i have a better idea"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

I'll give it until Survivor Series, where he and Loser Hunter's Loser Squad (four callups, let's say Gargano, Ciampa, Dunne, and Thatcher) come up and lose 5-0 to, idk, Randy Orton, Jinder Mahal, Mansoor, Veer, and Shanky. Something like that to bury NXT, since they're not done Humiliating Loser Hunter yet.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Digital Jedi posted:

TAKEOVER WHATEVER: JOE VS HHH FOR THE NXT TITLE

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

hey now that it's on its deathbed I might as well ask, is it pronounced en ex tee or next

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brandonthurston/status/1433168578040242177?s=21

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Vince will make HHH job to the champion.

The 24/7 Champion.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

-20% from the worst period of the lockdown no audience shows.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

hey now that it's on its deathbed I might as well ask, is it pronounced en ex tee or next

en ex tee

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone please post the NXT map with the vanishing countries gif?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

as soon as I typed that I remembered asking if NXT stood for anything a couple years ago and getting a few responses that were like "it doesn't need to! not all initials are actually initials!"

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao even better than I remembered.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Karma Tornado posted:

It's pronounced "c u l8r"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
An ex tee shirt company

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Atomization for loser hunter

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Now phase in Vinceflex and Brother Love

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

I justt realised they highlighted that tiny thing in the far north.

They were planning NXT Svalbard?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

someone plz post the reverse nxt invasion gif at raw thank you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqeiiiiJQYk

So thats why she skipped SummerSlam

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

someone plz post the reverse nxt invasion gif at raw thank you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

How long until Nick Khan ends HHH's performers contract as he's never on TV.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Fightful Select posted:

It was reported today by Wrestling Observer's Bryan Alvarez that Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will be "producing" NXT with Dave Meltzer later adding that "McMahon and Prichard will be behind the big decisions, not the little ones, and will be behind marketing, promotion, and direction. Their role in booking may only be regarding those at the top."

Fightful has spoken to numerous talent in NXT who have not yet been informed of such a decision and are effectively left in the dark on that news. Those that we spoke to have said that they didn't notice Vince McMahon or Bruce Prichard at the recent set of tapings. However, influential producer Jamie Noble has been said to be around the Performance Center much more often than usual of late. 

Talent has, however, been told that Bruce Prichard will be at the WWE Performance Center this weekend. Not all talent has been mandated to be there for that. 

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 1, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Like tears in the rain.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Now phase in Vinceflex and Brother Love

And that new bad logo.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

They finally get Rock to sign for that Roman match they've been building for two years, loser hunter shoves his way into the room "wait i have a better idea"

hhh carrying a stack of binders packed with concept art, designs, and storyboards for his epic and cinematic entrance music video moving right into his even more dramatic entrance sequence with the custom vehicle and costumes. his first question about the match is if they have any suggestions for how he’s winning it this time

meanwhile the Rock wonders to himself if it isn’t too late to claim that his Hollywood insurers said no

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Looking forward to the retrospective of NXT in ten years WWE documentary that blames its demise on being oppressed by Ted Turner.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DarkstarIV posted:

1. It is literally Raquel's only defining character trait so yes. She is pretty hit or miss in the ring and has to be carried.

2. Jiro Ikeman rules. Unlike the dudes he faced. Diamond Mine is the worst NXT based faction in the brand's history.

Seems unlikely a faction with Hideki Suzuki wouldn't be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've kinda thought NXT booking has sucked largely since about 2017, so frankly I'd bet nobody will actually be able to tell the difference between now and Vince running the show. No top babyfaces to get behind, no tag division to speak of, and almost everyone's character is "Idiot" or "Vaguely bitchy to every other person on the show". It'll be brighter I suppose.