Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

12hr warning on Flamecraft

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cardboardalchemy/flamecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I’m thinking of starting to collect Mork Borg stuff since I’ve always seen a bunch of zine Kickstarters. Question, though: aside from the core book and the official Cult Feretory zine, is there any way to buy more physical stuff or did I miss out since I never backed all the other independent Kickstarters?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

I’m thinking of starting to collect Mork Borg stuff since I’ve always seen a bunch of zine Kickstarters. Question, though: aside from the core book and the official Cult Feretory zine, is there any way to buy more physical stuff or did I miss out since I never backed all the other independent Kickstarters?

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to collecting Mork Borg stuff. From what I can tell yeah we're just poo poo out of luck until the next supplemental zine gets printed. Presumably that'll happen after the Kickstarter backers get theirs.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

You can find some of the indie zines up for sale at small retailers like Exalted Funeral but the stock tends to be pretty low.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gerdling/mothership-sci-fi-horror-rpg-1st-edition-boxed-set

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Is Mothership out of alpha yet?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shoot, I got a zine-sized adventure mailed to me before they got the base game out of playtest ?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Tsilkani posted:

Diaz-Truman apologized for his original post, which (understandably) isn't enough for some people, but some people were willing to see if he'd do better in the future.

It was an absolute dogshit of an apology, and to my knowledge he's never apologized for the way he behaved like we were the real bigots for boycotting his company while he was trying to publish a ttrpg about telenovelas.

He said he was going to "continue to reflect" on how he can "make amends". I'd love to see him actually do that.

In case anyone's curious, here's what I look for in an apology for public misbehavior like this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WereGoat posted:

This looked cute, there's a few days left.
A game about WEE WHIMSICAL CREATURES and trying to identify them after someone makes noises.

What it is, is there's these wee whimsical creatures, and you've got two identify them after someone makes a noise.

Someone described it as like Dixit but with noises.

UK only shipping on account of you know, but there's a nice wee print and play version for elsewhere for just a single £1.

How did I know that was by Bez before clicking the link?

I almost ended up rooming with Bez at Spiel a few years ago, but then I found my booked room had one month notice for cancellation with refund and not one week as I'd believed. Nice individual.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
re: Mork Borg Zines, I recommend Exalted Funeral, but several are PoD on DriveThru (I can go look if you like) and I, personally, have copies of my EVERY GOD WILL FALL supplement left that I'd be willing to sell off.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Any opinions on Next Level Miniatures: Dragon's Hoard Miniatures Vol. 1? Seems to be trying to be the next Fantasy Series 1 and 2. Less figures but cheaper too.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Comstar posted:

Any opinions on Next Level Miniatures: Dragon's Hoard Miniatures Vol. 1? Seems to be trying to be the next Fantasy Series 1 and 2. Less figures but cheaper too.

Those look really good. I'm kinda tempted to get one half, just to see what they are actually like even though I still have Fantasy Series 1 untouched

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Infinitum posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2053940446/scp-foundation-the-boardgame-confidential-crisis

Prettttttyyy sure this is a cash grab, as you can't license the SCP stuff? :thunk:

Unsurprisingly it got cancelled. Maybe when they relaunch they'll have learned to hide their scamming more effectively?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Briar & Bramble launched today, if you fancy being the Animals of Farthing Wood.

The game itself can be had for free from the creator's itch page; this is to fund art and a print run.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hostile V posted:

Is Mothership out of alpha yet?

No, but the "alpha" is essentially a first edition.

E: it's very bare-bones but functional. There's no monster library, and some things are just undeveloped (initiative order comes to mind) so probably hold out for the box anyway.

moths fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 2, 2021

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

EverettLO posted:

Pinnacle seems to be trying something new.

They've had quite a successful history with Kickstarter at this point so I'm curious to see how branching out will work for them. So far they seem to be doing fine but then I only noticed this was happening by randomly going to their website for something else and I haven't seen advertisements anywhere yet. I would love to know how they judge whether the relative loss of exposure was worth the additional percentage they get to keep.

If this works out well enough for them I could see other large Kickstarter RPG companies (Monte Cook Games, Onyx Path, Fria Ligan) moving to their own platforms. Decentralization seems to be picking up slowly in the crowdfunding market.

Interesting. They did $43K for a genre-focused Savage Worlds supplement. Here're all their Kickstarters for comparison. Their core books and Rifts Savage Worlds books do six figures reliably, but I don't know if those are the best comparison point. Weird War I did $65K, and that seems like about a similarly sized niche? I don't think avoiding the Kickstarter fees were worth it there, but maybe they can build awareness over time.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

I didn't get the 8 hour warning until after it was finished <:(>

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Unsurprisingly it got cancelled. Maybe when they relaunch they'll have learned to hide their scamming more effectively?

:sickos:

bbcisdabomb posted:

I didn't get the 8 hour warning until after it was finished <:(>

The trick I'm learning is to back projects for $1 if you're on the fence, cause 9/10 you gain access to the pledge manager.
You can either upgrade to a full pledge near the end of the campaign, or cancel.

Sorry to hear you missed out, I'm sure late pledge will 100% be a thing for a project this huge.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Infinitum posted:

The trick I'm learning is to back projects for $1 if you're on the fence, cause 9/10 you gain access to the pledge manager.
You can either upgrade to a full pledge near the end of the campaign, or cancel.
Yeah, I'm the same way now. I check if a project has any early-bird tiers or bonuses, then drop $1 on it if it guarantees pledge manager access. This way I get updates as the campaign goes along and can make my decision near the end if I even want to spend the $1 or not.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Infinitum posted:

:sickos:

Sorry to hear you missed out, I'm sure late pledge will 100% be a thing for a project this huge.

b...but...my dollar

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lord Yod posted:

You can find some of the indie zines up for sale at small retailers like Exalted Funeral but the stock tends to be pretty low.
Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed The Bork Morgue, Forbidden Psalm, and even tacked on the separate solo-RPG Disciples of Bone & Shadow, looked neat.
I just love the yellow, black, and shiny foil colors paired with the punk occult tone. Really cool aesthetic and it seems a lot of fan content can look close to the official releases.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed The Bork Morgue, Forbidden Psalm, and even tacked on the separate solo-RPG Disciples of Bone & Shadow, looked neat.
I just love the yellow, black, and shiny foil colors paired with the punk occult tone. Really cool aesthetic and it seems a lot of fan content can look close to the official releases.

Yeah, I love the aesthetic and how it reinforces the chaotic and doomed nature of the game, I don't feel bad about not planning ahead at all.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
https://twitter.com/AlienRopeBurn/status/1433519709195051008

Yep, pre-orders for the Mutants in the Now Kickstarter are up now, so check it out if you missed it! The retro-modern mutant-animal role-playing game is in the final stages of playtesting, layout, and editing, so I'm looking at a November release. And it's a lot bigger than the original pitch at Kickstarter - over twice as big! I got a lot of inquires for folks were looking to get in on the KS but were too late, so spreading the word is always appreciated. Pre-orders get access to the playtest in the meantime.

I also have a new webpage at j-k.games you can point people to for a broader look at my projects, and I have numerous public updates on Kickstarter if you're curious about its progress. It's gonna be a real thing, and I'm excited.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I haven't got this to the table yet but I ran character creation and created a thoughtful, scholarly otter doctor and he's everything to me now. Check this game out, folks.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS

HopperUK posted:

thoughtful, scholarly otter doctor.

Check this game out, folks.

Well, I'm convinced. The wife and I have been looking to pick up some rpg fun, and I think this is a world we could get lost in.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

StarkRavingMad posted:

b...but...my dollar

I get so many emails yelling at me to go give them all my information or I won't get my physical rewards... From games I backed for $1.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Can confirm that Mutants in the Now is both rad and reasonably-priced, and that you should definitely buy a copy if you didn't already back it.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Adding my voice to the chorus saying Mutants In The Now is good. Buy this game!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Tsilkani posted:

I bought it and now I am waiting for a download link!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I bought it and now I am waiting for a download link!

I did also!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I missed flamecraft! Anyone have any idea how late pledges work for this stuff typically?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Comstar posted:

I’ve already got so many Bones and Blacklist Series 1/2/Horror. I’m good forever maybe…

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:allears:

Going to give it a crack later this arvo.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

HopperUK posted:

I haven't got this to the table yet but I ran character creation and created a thoughtful, scholarly otter doctor and he's everything to me now. Check this game out, folks.

PurplPenisEata posted:

Well, I'm convinced. The wife and I have been looking to pick up some rpg fun, and I think this is a world we could get lost in.

grassy gnoll posted:

Can confirm that Mutants in the Now is both rad and reasonably-priced, and that you should definitely buy a copy if you didn't already back it.

Tsilkani posted:

Thanks for the kind words! The playtest version should be out to all who pre-ordered, if for some reason anyone didn't receive it, let me know.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Gonna drop a bunch of links to games I think are kinda neat again.

Picaresque Roman: A Requiem for Rogues. 4 days to go!
"A narrative-driven authentic anime roleplaying game from Japan about violence, betrayal, and money, inspired by Yakuza and Persona."
The creator for this is releasing the fifth version, which is the current version according to the kickstarter, and says that they're working with the original design team and illustrators to bring it to western audiences. These enhancements include:

-new art commisioned just for the english release including new setting, character, and replay art
-fresh layouts with all new graphic design and aesthetic elements
-a hardcover format instead of a softcover binding
-more lore
-longer book length.

I dunno give it a look if you enjoy games about intrigue, subterfuge, and backstabbing other players in your games.

Don't Tell Mom and Dad 6 days to go!
"A TTRPG where players map their town and create a gang of kids to save it from supernatural foes, because if they don't, no one will!"
I'm super pumped for this one as it's billing itself as a sorta love letter to 80s pulp horror/scifi movies while letting you use kid logic to solve everything. The game is also cheap as dirt at $25 dollars for a physical copy or $9 dollars for the pdf. All softcover as well in case you happen to enjoy the magazine style over the more traditional hardcover book style.

Historica Arcanum: The City of Crescent. 16 days to go
"Sourcebook inspired by near eastern cultures. Professions for 5E characters. Toolbox to forge your alternate history campaigns."
Another 5E book. This one caught my eye specifically for the setting. Not really much else to say about it. I just think it's neat.

Herbalist's Primer 18 days to go
"An illustrated guide to real-world magical plants for magicians, worldbuilders, alchemists, and game masters."
Are you that rear end in a top hat at tables who's always asking "hey what do I get when I gather materials?" Do you like old folklore about flowers and whatnot? Maybe you just like cool plant facts. At any rate definitely give this book a look. It brings 360 pages of botanical, ethnobotanical, and folklore material to your tabletop games to use in any system. Hell maybe just give this to someone you know who's super into that kinda stuff as a gift. Here I'll just list the bullet points the kickstarter lays out:

-A full-color, hardcover book (6" x9") with 360 pages of botanical, ethnobotanical, folklore, and tabletop roleplaying material.
-100 illustrated, detailed descriptions of magically-inclined plants from around the world - from aconite to yew.
-Short, sweet, and useful lore chapters on the basics of botany, herb gathering, preparation, alchemy, poisons and antidotes, and more!
-Recipes for magical and medicinal concoctions, written in-world and in accordance with occult lore of the ages past (mix aconite with animal fat, then rub it on a broom handle for an excellent flying experience!)
-Tools for creating original magical plants, plot hooks, quest ideas, and a botanical Latin primer to give your custom, fantastical plants a semi-proper scientific name.
-Convenient tables with magical and medicinal properties of plants, astronomical correspondences, and the language of flowers - all according to the highest authorities int he fields.
-An index, a detailed table of contents, references, bibliography---everything you'd expect from a popular-science publication that will make your herbalist cry the tears of joy.

ASCET 23 days to go
"An exquisite card game about monks searching for enlightenment with minimal aesthetics and roleplaying overtones."
It's exactly as the description says. Minimal art style, minimal roleplaying, minimal rules, and minimal everything. Not sure who this is for but it's funded and looks kinda cool.

ANKUR - Kingdom of the gods TTRPTG 2E 25 days to go
"This project will fund a revised second printing of the tabletop roleplaying game ANKUR - Kingdom of the gods."
I never heard of the first edition of this game but it's billing itself as an rpg based off middle eastern mythologies mixed with sci-fi using a d12 system. It's also doing this thing where you're not pledging for an actual book but instead funding for the book itself. After that, and if the campaign is actually funded, you'll get a discount code emailed to you for a Drivethrough RPG print on demand book. I dunno it seems sketchy but what do I know. Figured I'd still include it for anyone interested.

Gravemire 25 days to go
"A Gilded Age tabletop horror game about mortality, growth, and the Louisiana bayou."
Alright I love horror ttrpg's and I kinda really like this game. It's a d12 system that has you filling the roles of outsiders drifting into a horribly cursed town set in 1894 Louisiana. The game is played in two phases. Phase one has you playing beyond the border of the town, working together with your fellow players as you attempt to survive completing a job one of the townsfolk have given you. Phase two, should any player survive their excursions outside the town, sees you resting in town. Town play also allows you to reflect on your experiences outside of town via questions the DM asks each player while learning new skills and/or gathering new tools to help next time. The game is sitting at 43% funding with a funding goal of $16,000 dollars. Bit of a lofty goal but I'm hoping it gets there.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS
^^^^^ E: thanks for this too, herbalist's primer looks like a perfect birthday gift with the projected delivery!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Thanks for the kind words! The playtest version should be out to all who pre-ordered, if for some reason anyone didn't receive it, let me know.

Got my play test copy printed up and on top of our gaming table. The wife and I are diving in tonight!

Thanks for putting this all together. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tempt her into mini painting with me too if it's her lovingly crafted mutant she is bringing to life.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The character creation in Mutants is fantastic because it's just enough crunch to get me inspired with ideas, without being so much that it squashes the imagination.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Hexagonal gaming trays by Wyrmwood is a neat idea, if a bit expensive, but I didn't think it would be a neat enough idea to support two other kickstarters with the same idea simultaneously.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yeah, they're barely gotten their game table process back on track after only delivering the early bird tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Have they got to the point where they need rolling Kickstarters to finish the previous campaign?