Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Do you play dynasty? I don't compare Wilson to the two other WRs that are starting. Those guys are on rosters. I compare him to other guys on my bench, many of who are NOT starters. And to free agents. Most of these guys on my bench won't ever start for my team, micro-managing them is mostly for shits and giggles.

Yeah I'm almost exclusively dynasty at this point. Being a nominal starter in the NFL doesn't mean very much for fantasy, and even less for dynasty. I'd rather take a flier on a lot of various UDFAs or 2nd years than an old, low fantasy ceiling "starter" on a team that just spent the off season upgrading all the receivers around him, ya know? I'd probably keep Preston Williams over Wilson, if something happens to Parker or Fuller, Williams might actually have the opportunity to show something.

What's the best case for Wilson? Parker is injured and Wilson finishes the year with 500 yards instead of 400? Then he has the best season of his career as a 30 year old next year and finishes with 600 yards?

e: totally agree that it's tinkering that won't matter to your starting line up almost ever so you should definitely keep your former chiefs WR if you have a soft spot for him lol :)

sourdough fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

13 team rotisserie league, 0.5 ppr

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- Kamara
RB- Harris
WR- AJ Brown
WR- Beckham
TE- Higbee
WR/RB/TE- Miles Sanders
WR/RB- Connor
WR/TE- Cooks
B- Parker
B- Fuller
B- Ingram
B- Gabriel Davis

Feel pretty good about it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

RCarr posted:

13 team rotisserie league, 0.5 ppr

QB- Lamar Jackson
RB- Kamara
RB- Harris
WR- AJ Brown
WR- Beckham
TE- Higbee
WR/RB/TE- Miles Sanders
WR/RB- Connor
WR/TE- Cooks
B- Parker
B- Fuller
B- Ingram
B- Gabriel Davis

Feel pretty good about it.

That's a darn good team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anybody got hot tips on lottery ticket RBs? 12 person auction 0.5 ppr.

I had JK Dobbins...

QB- Mahomes
RB- Sanders
RB- Mixon
WR- Amari Cooper
WR- Jarvis Landry
TE- Kittle
WR/RB/TE- Tyler Boyd
WR/TE- Marquez Callaway
B- D. Eskridge
B- Nyheim Hines (RB)
B- Alexander Mattison (RB)
B- Giovani Bernard (RB)
B- Ty'Son Williams (RB)

e: any rascals that might still be on waivers or bets on who I have on bench. It's a deep bench so waivers are picked fairly clean.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 2, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Anybody got hot tips on lottery ticket RBs? 12 person auction 0.5 ppr.

I had JK Dobbins...

QB- Mahomes
RB- Sanders
RB- Mixon
WR- Amari Cooper
WR- Jarvis Landry
TE- Kittle
WR/RB/TE- Tyler Boyd
WR/TE- Marquez Callaway
B- D. Eskridge
B- Nyheim Hines (RB)
B- Alexander Mattison (RB)
B- Giovani Bernard (RB)
B- Ty'Son Williams (RB)

e: any rascals that might still be on waivers or bets on who I have on bench. It's a deep bench so waivers are picked fairly clean.

That's a normal size bench, it's the extra flex that's diluting the waiver pool.

You saw the Penny conversation above. The Saints beat writers say that Tony Jones Jr might be the backup in NO rather than Latavius, he might be useful if something happened to Kamara. Damien Williams will probably have some kind of role with the Bears since Cohen is PUP. Chuba Hubbard seems like McCaffreys handcuff.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Levin posted:

Good to know, thanks! One thing holding me back is their bragging about accuracy rankings from 2010-2015, doesn't feel particularly relevant as a selling point in 2021. There's also always merch or patreon if I want to support Beersheets.

The beersheet patreon is the best way to make sure you support that product. 100% of those funds go to him and not us, which isn't true for football absurdity merch.

https://www.patreon.com/beersheets

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just wanted to say that I was scouring the free agents in my dynasty league and I’m certainly not going to pass up rostering a man named Lil’Jordan Humphries.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Got the first pick in my draft for the first time evah (12 teams, seven years). The order was predetermined and the draft happens on Sunday. I will waste that #1 on someone (very likely McCaffrey) who will inevitably land on the IR by Week 2.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Had my draft last night and I'm not sure how to feel about my team. I had several great value picks taken from me one pick before I was gonna grab em, so it feels less good than it should be. Only time will tell, I guess. 12 teams, IDP, 0 PPR.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^^ ain't NOTHIN wrong with that draft in a 12 team league

I have the third pick in my next draft and I'm pretty sure Kamara is going to fall to me and just can I say that I fail to see the reasons that everybody is down on Kamara this year. In our predraft rankings he's #5 before I adjust with a projected 297 points.

This guy scored 364 last season to lead all running backs, isn't injured and the only problem is he lost Drew Brees. What a wild assumption that he's going to lose 70 loving points because of the QB. If one thing Jameis can do it's chuck it deep, I think these imagined stacked boxes are a total fantasy.

Can someone tell me another reason why I shouldn't SLAM the draft button on this guy?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

I have the third pick in my next draft and I'm pretty sure Kamara is going to fall to me and just can I say that I fail to see the reasons that everybody is down on Kamara this year. In our predraft rankings he's #5 before I adjust with a projected 297 points.

This guy scored 364 last season to lead all running backs, isn't injured and the only problem is he lost Drew Brees. What a wild assumption that he's going to lose 70 loving points because of the QB. If one thing Jameis can do it's chuck it deep, I think these imagined stacked boxes are a total fantasy.

Can someone tell me another reason why I shouldn't SLAM the draft button on this guy?

I was lukewarm on Kamara early this season, but all the recent developments seem to be going his way.

I think you can make a strong case for him at 1.02 over Dalvin Cook, IMO.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone was down on him because Taysom “Not a QB” Hill was possibly going to be their starter, which would absolutely tank his value. Now that Winston is the starter, everyone is back on board. I just took him 4th overall last night in a half ppr league.

However, there’s always the chance that Winston gets hurt or gets benched, in which case his value drops sharply.

Also losing a HoF QB, as well as your star receiver being out half the season, and a bunch of bums now starting at wideout, certainly can’t help his value.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 2, 2021

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Who the hell is saying Kamara at 3 is a bad idea? 3rd pick this year is pretty much just take whichever of the four or so remaining elite RBs you feel good about and gently caress the haters.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
With Kamara, I think there's an element of 'nowhere to go but down' as well. I'm hoping he falls to 4 in my redraft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean I guess but the chances of that happening to CMC don't seem to affect his value at all?? Nobody is saying well what happens if Sam Darnold completely sucks?

Which he does

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Also losing a HoF QB, as well as your star receiver being out half the season, and a bunch of bums now starting at wideout, certainly can’t help his value.

I have heard those reasons before as well but when you think about Michael Thomas he'll actually play more this year than last year. I'm just confused why anyone would be taking a Henry or Cook over him, which has happened in two of my leagues so far and they are PPR as well. I'm just worried I'm missing something and kind of giddy that I can get him at 3

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
McCaffery was a top performer with Kyle Allen as QB so there is less concern that bad QB play will impact his game, while Kamara has had above average QB play his whole career outside of games Brees missed due to injury.

There is always a risk when someone's circumstance gets worse that they lose value, prime example is PIT Leveon Bell vs NYJ Leveon Bell.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 2, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah for sure. I'm almost talked out on this subject and knowing I'll get CMC, Dalvin or Kamara means I don't have much to worry about this but one last thing: Le'Veon Bell's situation had a lot of unique factors in it. His running style is very scheme-specific and he sat out a whole year. I think on the sneak he actually just kind of sucks or fell off a cliff.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Brees was terrible last year and Kamara still did great so I was never down on him. I took McCaffrey over him at 1.1 but I had an honest thought about taking Kamara.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

RCarr posted:

Just wanted to say that I was scouring the free agents in my dynasty league and I’m certainly not going to pass up rostering a man named Lil’Jordan Humphries.

Lil'Jordan has already become a running joke in our league after we watched him do so well in that preseason game. What a boss.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Uh oh, the beersheet request page is down and I just realized my superflex league 12 team and not 10 :ohdear:

e: it went back up right after i posted this, i am saved

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think I killed it with my request ten minutes ago

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s just playing hard to get

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All my drafts are done and now I desperately need the season to start.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

I still have one (re)draft left coming up this Sunday but I'm already there too.

Its an odd one, too, redraft with superflex, should be interesting because it wont just be the young QBs going hot early.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
We're a week from opening day and someone in one of my leagues has traded his Patrick Mahomes AND Chris Carson for Najee Harris.

FANTASY IS BACK BOYS LOL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Nature is healing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

I have 3 slow drafts that I'm desperately hoping they finish before the season starts and my big home draft

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

We're a week from opening day and someone in one of my leagues has traded his Patrick Mahomes AND Chris Carson for Najee Harris.

FANTASY IS BACK BOYS LOL

Hell yeah

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just traded Daniel Jones + Tony Pollard for David Montgomery in a superflex redraft league. Owner couldn’t make the auction draft, and his autodrafted team only managed to get him Tyrod at QB.

Nabbed Terrace Marshall Jr. for my freed up roster spot, and rolling with Tannehill, Lance and McCorkle at QB.

Man, no better feeling than executing a 2 for 1 trade to free up a roster spot!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Help me, a dumb idiot, make my next pick in my slow draft, with one pick ahead of me.

12-team, Superflex, 1PPR, 2RB, 3WR (+1PPR for TE)

These are the guys on the board:
QBs: Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Carr, Mayfield, Tua
RBs: Sanders, Edwards, Gaskin, Edmonds, Hunt, Henderson
WRs: Woods, Lockett, Kupp, Moore, Jones, Thielen

My Current team
QB: Lamar Jackson
SQB:
RB: CEH
RB:
WR: AJ Brown
WR:
WR:
TE: Kelce
FLX:
FLX:

Two teams ahead of me only have one RB, but at this point I'm leaning towards taking one of Woods or Lockett, getting my RB2 on the next turn, and then hunting for an upside Superflex QB.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How many picks until your next pick?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Just waiting on one pick before it's my turn, then it's a nice 11 picks before I get to go again (picking 7th out of 12).

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gearman posted:

Help me, a dumb idiot, make my next pick in my slow draft, with one pick ahead of me.

My Current team
SQB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
FLX:
FLX:

Two teams ahead of me only have one RB, but at this point I'm leaning towards taking one of Woods or Lockett, getting my RB2 on the next turn, and then hunting for an upside Superflex QB.

I like Edwards (I’m assuming this is Gus) here just because stud RBs are going to be tough to land as the draft goes on

But Woods or Lockett would be good too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Little scary if either a QB or RB run happens before you pick next. I'd probably go one of those, whichever you think is less likely to have decent options at your next pick. I don't think you want to count on someone like Gaskin or Tua as every week starters, whereas every one of those WRs (and probably more past them) feel like solid WR2s or 3s.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

sourdough posted:

Little scary if either a QB or RB run happens before you pick next. I'd probably go one of those, whichever you think is less likely to have decent options at your next pick. I don't think you want to count on someone like Gaskin or Tua as every week starters, whereas every one of those WRs (and probably more past them) feel like solid WR2s or 3s.

Yep, Gaskin just got picked so I'm on the clock. Probably going to go Gus Edwards here. Thanks!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gearman posted:

My Current team
SQB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
FLX:
FLX:

two QB league means if your next pick is anything but a QB you hosed up.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Fate Accomplice posted:

two QB league means if your next pick is anything but a QB you hosed up.

My pick was Gus Edwards and then I picked up Ryan Tannehill on the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gearman posted:

My pick was Gus Edwards and then I picked up Ryan Tannehill on the next one.

dangerous risk, glad it worked out.