Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ugh, a terrible snipe.

Gearman posted:

My pick was Gus Edwards and then I picked up Ryan Tannehill on the next one.
Is that a redraft superflex league?

edit: I re-read your original post, I guess if its a slow draft its dynasty?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gearman posted:

My pick was Gus Edwards and then I picked up Ryan Tannehill on the next one.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ugh, a terrible snipe.

Is that a redraft superflex league?

edit: I re-read your original post, I guess if its a slow draft its dynasty?

It's just a mostly friends office league with people that can't get together and draft at the same time. Definitely got lucky on a pick or two so far.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gearman posted:

It's just a mostly friends office league with people that can't get together and draft at the same time. Definitely got lucky on a pick or two so far.
Ah so it IS a redraft league? If thats the case would you be willing to post the draft board when its over? I have a very similar draft this coming Sunday and its been hard to mock/figure out how a redraft PPR Superflex league will play out.

edit: or post it tomorrow as-is since it looks like you're still pretty early.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 3, 2021

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ah so it IS a redraft league? If thats the case would you be willing to post the draft board when its over? I have a very similar draft this coming Sunday and its been hard to mock/figure out how a redraft PPR Superflex league will play out.

It is also the beginning of a keeper league so there's some shenanigans around reaching for potential keepers. That said, I am more than happy to share my shameful display to my fellow goons.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gearman posted:

It is also the beginning of a keeper league so there's some shenanigans around reaching for potential keepers. That said, I am more than happy to share my shameful display to my fellow goons.
Hey I'm the guy that proudly posted a draft for a 2RB 2WR 1Flex league where I kept/drafted CMC, Gibson, Swift, and Jacobs (4RBs when I can only play 3) instead of taking a second top tier WR, AND 2 of my top 3 WRs are Bears WRs, so whatever you did, what I did was probably worse.

In any case, thank you!

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 3, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I convinced everyone to draft Darwin Thompson so

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

I will never forgive you for this

CDL activated after 10 days on the covid list.....ffs

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 3, 2021

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
This is the first year we're doing keepers in my league (14 teams, non-ppr), and I'm not sure what strategy to go for...do I go for player with most promise rf bang for buck?

I'm drafting at 8, I can give up:

Pick 1 for for D. Henry
Pick 4 for A.J. Brown
Pick 6 for D. Swift
Pick 15 for Mike Davis

I guess bang for buck Davis would be better, but AJ brown for a 4th might be worth it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Can anyone rate my draft?

Was 7th in a snake draft so went for chubb and zeke 1 and 2 I'm really worried about my recievers. ESPN 1pt PPR league

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

I bought into that

I remember Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West hype too.

I just looked up and this is only Kareem Hunt’s fifth season :psyduck:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LionYeti posted:

Was 7th in a snake draft so went for chubb and zeke 1 and 2 I'm really worried about my recievers. ESPN 1pt PPR league

This is a good looking team, Chubb and Zeke are strong as hell for your 2 starting RB's. Weak at QB, but your WR's have a ton of upside.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

LionYeti posted:

The only thing I don't like is the Zeke likely in the 1st. Dude seems to have a lot of don't give a gently caress lately too go with touches getting stolen.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

VietCampo posted:

This is a good looking team, Chubb and Zeke are strong as hell for your 2 starting RB's. Weak at QB, but your WR's have a ton of upside.

I may or may not have gotten tunnel vision and it was round 7 when I was like....oh poo poo I need a QB

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The only thing I don't like is the Zeke likely in the 1st. Dude seems to have a lot of don't give a gently caress lately too go with touches getting stolen.

yeah Zeke was pick 7 I'm a little nervous but there was a really good stat I read that said basically statistically Zeke was the least lucky RB last year as far as getting touchdowns stolen.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Here's the draft board so far and Sutton was literally just taken, so here's what I'm looking at:

RBs
Hunt, Edmonds, Gordon, Conner, Drake

WRs
Juju, Golladay, Cooks, Aiyuk, Boyd, Claypool, Anderson, Deebo Samuel, Jeudy

QBs
Ryan, Carr, Tua, et. al.

I'm kind of thinking Hunt here given that it's 1PPR and there's still a lot of WRs on the board that I really like. Could also pick up my QB3, but I can wait one round for that as there are more than twelve still left on the board.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

LionYeti posted:

You smashed it with RBs

Are there any rookie QBs that you can pick up? I don’t think Daniel Jones is worth rostering

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Should wear a scarlet DT forever

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

You smashed it with RBs

Are there any rookie QBs that you can pick up? I don’t think Daniel Jones is worth rostering

Current QB Waiver wire is Jameis, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LionYeti posted:

I may or may not have gotten tunnel vision and it was round 7 when I was like....oh poo poo I need a QB

yeah Zeke was pick 7 I'm a little nervous but there was a really good stat I read that said basically statistically Zeke was the least lucky RB last year as far as getting touchdowns stolen.

Zeke gets a healthy Dak so he'll be good, his games with Dak last year were top tier RB1 production

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d take Mac Jones over Daniel Jones in a heartbeat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Don't really need to roster two given those available for free anyway. Jameis > Dany Dimes too, for the record

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

LionYeti posted:

in a single QB league the only week you have a second rostered QB is when your primary is on bye.

same with TE (and K/DST/whatever else, but this shouldn't be news).

until your primary QB/TE's bye week your bench should ONLY have WRs/RBs on it.

drop higbee, drop jones, get two more WR/RB lottery tickets.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fate Accomplice posted:

in a single QB league the only week you have a second rostered QB is when your primary is on bye.

same with TE (and K/DST/whatever else, but this shouldn't be news).

until your primary QB/TE's bye week your bench should ONLY have WRs/RBs on it.

drop higbee, drop jones, get two more WR/RB lottery tickets.

This is good advice with the possible exception of drafting a 2d late qb along with Trey Lance or Fields (or Wilson?) to cover the first few weeks and hope for a massive breakout. Can be legit if you have a lot of roster spots.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

buffalo all day posted:

This is good advice with the possible exception of drafting a 2d late qb along with Trey Lance or Fields (or Wilson?) to cover the first few weeks and hope for a massive breakout. Can be legit if you have a lot of roster spots.

QB is a far lower variance position than WR/RB. even if one of Lance/Fields/Wilson/MJones hit the likelihood they're meaningfully better than an established starter is low.

If instead of any of those you can have Chubba Hubbard, Tony Pollard, or Alexander Mattison for when McCaffrey, Zeke, and/or Dalvin inevitably get hurt, or some preseason flash like Rhamondre Stevenson, that's far more likely to help you out.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fate Accomplice posted:

QB is a far lower variance position than WR/RB. even if one of Lance/Fields/Wilson/MJones hit the likelihood they're meaningfully better than an established starter is low.

If instead of any of those you can have Chubba Hubbard, Tony Pollard, or Alexander Mattison for when McCaffrey, Zeke, and/or Dalvin inevitably get hurt, or some preseason flash like Rhamondre Stevenson, that's far more likely to help you out.

Agree on MJones and low variance among pure pocket passers, but if you get a Josh Allen/Kyler type with rushing upside that can be huge. The drop off from the top 6 Qbs last year to #7 was like 50 points, which is pretty meaningful.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If i don't have any of the top like 8 QB's and Fields/Lance is there in the last 2 rounds, i'm grabbing them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea if you have a top QB you obviously never take a backup, but if you have a bottom of the barrel QB that you aren’t confident in I don’t see anything wrong with taking a flier on a Fields/Lance/Mac bench QB.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

buffalo all day posted:

The drop off from the top 6 Qbs last year to #7 was like 50 points, which is pretty meaningful.

over ~15 weeks it's really not.

VietCampo posted:

If i don't have any of the top like 8 QB's and Fields/Lance is there in the last 2 rounds, i'm grabbing them.

I've yet to see a draft this year where either was available that late.

Let someone else worry about whether this is the week to start Lance/Fields.

RCarr posted:

Yea if you have a top QB you obviously never take a backup, but if you have a bottom of the barrel QB that you aren’t confident in I don’t see anything wrong with taking a flier on a Fields/Lance/Mac bench QB.

if you have a bottom of the barrel QB drop them and ride with Mac Jones from the start, and I don't say that because I'm a massive Patriots homer.

my general point about QB is there are ~5-8 guys you want, 5-8 guys you don't want, a handful of unknowns, and the rest are "sure why not."

if you don't get a guy in the first group, get a sure why not guy and focus on other stuff while everyone else drafts backups to every position cause it feels right. or if you're feeling saucy, go with an unknown like Lawrence or MJones from the start.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gearman posted:

Here's the draft board so far and Sutton was literally just taken, so here's what I'm looking at:

RBs
Hunt, Edmonds, Gordon, Conner, Drake

WRs
Juju, Golladay, Cooks, Aiyuk, Boyd, Claypool, Anderson, Deebo Samuel, Jeudy

QBs
Ryan, Carr, Tua, et. al.

I'm kind of thinking Hunt here given that it's 1PPR and there's still a lot of WRs on the board that I really like. Could also pick up my QB3, but I can wait one round for that as there are more than twelve still left on the board.
Thank you for posting! I was expecting QBs to be a hotter commodity so this is great scouting for me.

I like Hunt or your 3rd QB at this spot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

thalweg posted:

Uh oh, the beersheet request page is down and I just realized my superflex league 12 team and not 10 :ohdear:

e: it went back up right after i posted this, i am saved

Just to reiterate: If you ever need an eleventh hour unique Beersheet hop into our discord and we will see about manually running it.

Freezer posted:

This is the first year we're doing keepers in my league (14 teams, non-ppr), and I'm not sure what strategy to go for...do I go for player with most promise rf bang for buck?

I'm drafting at 8, I can give up:

Pick 1 for for D. Henry
Pick 4 for A.J. Brown
Pick 6 for D. Swift
Pick 15 for Mike Davis

I guess bang for buck Davis would be better, but AJ brown for a 4th might be worth it.

I assume you mean round and not pick?

If so Swift in the 6th>AJB in the 4th>>>Davis in the 15th>Henry at 8 overall for me.

But if you can keep em all...

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 3, 2021

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just to reiterate: If you ever need an eleventh hour unique Beersheet hop into our discord and we will see about manually running it.

I assume you mean round and not pick?

If so Swift in the 6th>AJB in the 4th>>>Davis in the 15th>Henry at 8 overall for me.

But if you can keep em all...

Yeah I can only pick one. I was leaning on giving up a 6th for Swift early but after reading up on the lions and his timeshare, I kinda started leaning for giving a 4th for AJB.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Freezer posted:

Yeah I can only pick one. I was leaning on giving up a 6th for Swift early but after reading up on the lions and his timeshare, I kinda started leaning for giving a 4th for AJB.

They are both great, and both darlings in our discord.

The argument for Swift is: He was RB19 in HPPR with under 200 touches. Anthony Lynn took UDFA Austin Ekeler and turned him into a late first round fantasy darling. Now he's in Detroit, who doesn't have anyone nearly as good as Philip Rivers to sling the ball, they have to give a ton of volume to the whole RB core. His injury is a concern, but I want my sixth round pick to win me games late in the season, not now.

AJB looks crazy good on tape. They can hardly afford to double cover him without leaving Julio and Henry ready to carve a defense up. Tannehill looks like a solid fantasy producer.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I was happy taking Swift in the 5th in my main league since he had typically been going in the 3rd for a while. Even doing a hero RB approach I pivoted to take him.

Ended up with this:

10 team league of course.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’ll rate your draft for $6 on OnlyFans

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Darwin Thompson has been picked up by the Bucs and signed to their practice squad. There's still hope.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Leperflesh posted:

Darwin Thompson has been picked up by the Bucs and signed to their practice squad. There's still hope.

I’m rooting for him

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My only money league did the draft order last night and it involved rolling dice from a NASCAR dice game we play at the bar even though only 6 of the 12 were at the bar

I got 7th which is pretty much the worst spot

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Edit: wrong thread

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Drafted tonight in my 0.5 PPR league. Got the 9th pick out of 10 players, which I wasn't happy about, but I think it worked out alright:

QB: Dak Prescott (8.02)
WR: Tyreek Hill (1.09)
WR: Cooper Kupp (5.09)
RB: Austin Ekeler (2.02)
RB: Chris Carson (4.02)
TE: Darren Waller (3.09)
Flex: Myles Gaskin (6.02)
Flex: Raheem Mostert (7.09)

4 Man Bench:
Odell Beckham Jr. (9.09)
Antonio Brown (10.02)
Michael Thomas (11.09)
DeVonta Smith (12.02)
Michael Pittman (Waiver pickup due to Michael Thomas moved to IR)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

Yahoo Best Ball : 17 rounds, 30s picks, 10 teams, Half PPR, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 9 bench.
Drafted from 1.01 and feeling pretty good about results:

Went CMC, Joe Mixon, Darren Waller, Josh Allen, DAndre Swift. Felt like I hit some good spots in tiers and am happy with WR corps I was able to cobble together all things considered. Wondering if handcuffing CMC and DAndre Swift was worth doing. Also if getting Sam Darnold to have a Panthers stack was worth it.