Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

a balanced and sustainable way like a managed lumber forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Scott Gottlieb, MD

Senior Fellow @AEI
Partner @NEA
Contributor @CNBC
23rd Commissioner @US_FDA 2017 to 2019
Boards: @Pfizer @Illumina @AetionInc @TempusLabs

lol

"Looks like a 3rd shot might be sterilizing against Delta"

Scott Gottlieb, MD: "STALL YOU IDIOT! WE NEED TO MOVE PRODUCT!"

"Wait what"

Scott Gottlieb, MD: "IF WE HOLD BACK BOOSTERS UNTIL THE MU VARIANT, THEN NONE OF THE VACCINES WILL WORK! PEOPLE WILL BE FORCED TO BUY PFIZER'S THERAPEUTIC!"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I’m not sure how the world has any sort of future.

I mean, I’ve sat by and watched climate change basically get ignored for my entire adult life. It’s never even been the main political issue! But I turned 18 right before 9/11 turned us fascist, spent college arguing about whether or not torture was ok and watching the Vice President shoot somebody in the face, and then joined the job market right as our economy collapsed due to the Chuds.

meanwhile climate change keeps getting more dire, and our infrastructure keeps collapsing…but we had a black President!

And then some half with reality show host won the presidency with the help of fascist Russia and the American taliban, he convinced people that windmills cause cancer and bleach cures disease….and then ignored climate change some more while he let a pandemic fix social security insolvency.

it’s like we are living in some terrible mishmash of a bunch of different lovely dystopian movies and there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

That, my friends, is my weekly crack ping event .

the stock market continues to hit all-time highs so objectively the future is brighter every day

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zisky posted:

Other species have contagious forms of cancer so I guess it could be worse?

I mean it will be worse, and soon

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Good Citizen posted:

Xcom monthly project report:

Iowa has signed a secret pact with unknown viral forces and has withdrawn from the project

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Google Butt posted:

I mean it will be worse, and soon

Not denying that! Time to start drinking.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

kreeningsons posted:

how are everyone's side effects from the third dose?

I’ll let you know on Sunday

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

jetz0r posted:

i never thought about fabreze. tested it out with my ov/p100 carts and i could walk through a cloud of febreze without smelling a thing. but i can still smell a little something with p100s

i asked about stink bomb analogs because the random city sewer smells get mostly blocked by p100 filters, so most of the poo poo smells must be from particles, not gases. stink bombs use some kind of volatile sulfur based liquid though, so i didn't have much hope for them anyways

p100s block 99.9% of particles larger than 3um, and organic vapor molecules are four orders of magnitude smaller (0.3nm). water droplets have a mean diameter of ~10um, so the p100s should block them out but you can have really small water droplets that still get through, and your nose is incredibly sensitive to smells. those small droplets are definitely not getting through the OV filter though.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

100 degrees Calcium posted:

the respirator shirt is good

silicone thrills posted:

Rubby shirt came in gently caress yeah

edit: I just realized my hair matches the purple on the filters lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

kreeningsons posted:

how are everyone's side effects from the third dose?

FWIW the side effects of the CVS lady telling me to go pound sand were anger, frustration, and overwhelming desire to #firefauci

Zisky
May 6, 2003

smoobles posted:

FWIW the side effects of the CVS lady telling me to go pound sand were anger, frustration, and overwhelming desire to #firefauci

Do you have any other places to shop around?

I don't think we've had many posters get denied past the 2nd or 3rd place.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zisky posted:

Other species have contagious forms of cancer so I guess it could be worse?

HPV is a human disease and chuds rallied against vaccines for that too

Genital warts and cheeser lungs = freedom I guess

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

new thread mascot

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I heard that in 2022 piss will no longer be stored in the balls? Has Fauci said it's not a cause for concern?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

silicone thrills posted:

3m is VERY insistent that the filters are magenta. it's absolutely not pink, please stop calling it pink.

quote:

Why are 3M filters pink?

Why are the filters and cartridges “pink”? When a filter or cartridge has the magenta color code it has the P100 designation. This color provides uniformity and easy identification. 3M™ Particulate Filters 3M Particulate Filters 2000, 2200 and 7093 Series can be attached to all 3M™ Respirators with bayonet connections.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

HPV is a human disease and chuds rallied against vaccines for that too

Genital warts and cheeser lungs = freedom I guess

it's weird that they are also against assisted suicide

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I heard that in 2022 piss will no longer be stored in the balls? Has Fauci said it's not a cause for concern?

covid is now stored in the balls

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Really worried they're going to clamp down on these boosters at some point if the FDA wins out over the White House. If you have the ability to get one please get one.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

it's an insane world; you should look insane

Goobish
May 31, 2011

gently caress your new normal

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

new normal is a gently caress

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

I need a shirt that says "COVID is over" to wear with the half mask. Maybe with some palm trees and poo poo.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Crazypoops posted:

me neither, but don't get tired because it's just loving starting lmao jesus loving christ I've gone through a portal into hell but I still have to go to work lol lmao

gonna be tired from now until our untimely early death of something that would be extremely preventable if it had happened 20 years ago

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

I need a shirt that says "COVID is over" to wear with the half mask. Maybe with some palm trees and poo poo.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

covid is over with a family of respirator reapers at brunch drinking mimosas

selec
Sep 6, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Rubby shirt came in gently caress yeah

where do you get filter covers like that?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1433921880545628162?s=19

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Saw these people at Canadian Tire. One in a wheelchair and one with a walker and they were talking to customer service about how happy they were that masks were back. They’d been stuck home because they were scared to go places where people weren’t wearing masks.

They were buying poo poo like cat litter and jugs of water. What a monstrous situation.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
tested negative, so I went and got myself a Walmart moderna booster today on top of my full Pfizer regimen.

They kept asking for stuff—insurance, id, social—and I kept saying I didn’t have it or know it and I kept expecting them to tell me to gently caress off. anyway they didn’t, and as someone in recovery this is the most I’ve lied to someone’s face in over ten years. Did NOT enjoy that but now I am immortal so w/e

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

he let a pandemic fix social security insolvency.

oh good news on this https://twitter.com/wvpe/status/1433074917751201801?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

he is making a point to give himself a probation every time he gives one to someone else. i think it's to show he isn't giving out probations flippantly because he is paying a cost more substantial than "push a button on a webpage."

i don't really think it's necessary tbqh.

I think it's funny.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Horse Sense!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

selec posted:

where do you get filter covers like that?

https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridgefilter-magenta-pr-d80923/i/G5774667/
they're combo cartridges.

makes sure you don't accidentally buy the non-p100 carts that look similar

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Captain Magic posted:

tested negative, so I went and got myself a Walmart moderna booster today on top of my full Pfizer regimen.

They kept asking for stuff—insurance, id, social—and I kept saying I didn’t have it or know it and I kept expecting them to tell me to gently caress off. anyway they didn’t, and as someone in recovery this is the most I’ve lied to someone’s face in over ten years. Did NOT enjoy that but now I am immortal so w/e

Sounds like it was hard. Congratulations on your eternal life though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lol the cum edit

https://twitter.com/butt_farter/status/1433922806618726400?t=TG5QY4N7NwlqcJSaFFV-sQ&s=19

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pillowpants posted:

I’m not sure how the world has any sort of future.

it’s like we are living in some terrible mishmash of a bunch of different lovely dystopian movies and there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

good news, it doesn't and there's no "like" about it, and as bad as things are now they're just going to keep getting worse and our human brains will re-normalize that level of misery continually and drag everyone else down too, better things were never possible and hopefuly the next evolutionary go-round does a better job once we've hosed our species over permanently

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Remember, they purposely are mis-testing leading to a greater number of false-negatives, they are supposed to amplify viral replication by 4x but they changed it to 3x because of conservatives in the news wanting more negative tests for positive cases.

link?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

I think it's funny.

oh yeah you do you i just didn't think you should feel obligated is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Lots of aches and pains, fatigue. Worse than first two but for those I had time to nap and a day off, for this I just worked through it

deathbysnusnu posted:

Bad hangover mixed with the flu for two days with Pfizer for me.

papa horny michael posted:

got my second second pfizer dose an hour ago. was really anxious because i had three days of the worst reactions for the previous vaccinations. fingers crossed

Substandard posted:

I'm doing pretty well, but I'm so magnetic now that there are metal objects flying at me anytime I get within about 3 feet. I just need to learn to control it.

Zoodpipe posted:

Went Pfizer to Moderna for third dose. no effects other than a sore arm for around two days. I got that shot two weeks ago

Zisky posted:

Pfizer laid me out for a couple of days with fatigue and some vomiting. I'm fine now.

jetz0r posted:

moderna booster was roughly the same as pfizer #2 for me

kicked my rear end for a day

gf's 3rd shot was milder than her 2nd. my mom's 3rd was significantly milder than her 2nd, my dad's was about the same.

stone soup posted:

3 phizers here and the 3rd seemed on par, if not worse, than dose 2

smoobles posted:

The Nastier Nate posted:

I’ll let you know on Sunday

ty i guess i'll plan for it being worse than the second shot, but hope it's not