Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah for all we know the Ravens will go heavy committee with JKD out while I think by like game 3 (or more realistically by mid-season) Javonte will clearly be the lead back in Denver. He's a drat good RB (I had the pleasure of seeing him play live a few times).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
UGH!!!

My two fantasy football drafts were set for Monday night and Tuesday night. Then the commish of one league changed the Tuesday night draft to Monday night. Now they start half an hour apart. So I get to screw up two drafts practically simultaneously rather than 24 hours later.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any league I’m in would absolutely lose their poo poo if the commish tried to change the date or time of the draft with that little notice. That’s just silly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CocoaNuts posted:

UGH!!!

My two fantasy football drafts were set for Monday night and Tuesday night. Then the commish of one league changed the Tuesday night draft to Monday night. Now they start half an hour apart. So I get to screw up two drafts practically simultaneously rather than 24 hours later.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

Any league I’m in would absolutely lose their poo poo if the commish tried to change the date or time of the draft with that little notice. That’s just silly.

Especially when it's moving it from a weekday night to a holiday. Since a lot of people are gonna have plans already.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that’s bad commissioning

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't even consider the holiday part. You should revolt

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
People do things on Labor Day weekend besides drafting?

Weirdos.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Finished my first real auction draft and it’s so much more intense than snake drafting. Was a lot more price enforcing than I would have expected for a $25 buy in.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Pain of Mind posted:

A few minutes after your yahoo draft finishes it posts an AI generated review of teams with grades on your league page. It is free and automatic.

Finally sorted out why I wasn’t seeing a draft grade. My first three were auctions, got nothing. Did a snake draft this morning, got one.

So, it seems like Yahoo only provides draft grades for snake drafts. Auction drafts don’t get ‘em.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The one I just did was yahoo and I didn’t receive a grade email either

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is there a list of players who have had covid? I want to draft a team entirely of players who've had covid. I know I need Lamar Jackson, who else do I need?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ceedee Lamb

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Zeke

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Gus edwards

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
keep 'em coming boys I'm writing these down

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dren posted:

Is there a list of players who have had covid? I want to draft a team entirely of players who've had covid. I know I need Lamar Jackson, who else do I need?

draft a team of vax deniers

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Dren posted:

Brady

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Just finished drafting in my 0.5ppr money league, please tell me what you think! I drafted 9/10.

1 (9). Ezekiel Elliott
2 (12). Tyreek Hill
3 (29). Allen Robinson
4 (32). David Montgomery
5 (49). Julio Jones
6 (52). Gus Edwards
7 (69). Dak Prescott
8 (72). Mike Davis
9 (89). Marquise Brown
10 (92). Curtis Samuel
11 (109). Ronald Jones
12 (112). Tyler Higbee
13 (129). Tua Tagovailoa
14 (132). Rams D/ST
15 (149). Younghoe Koo
16 (152). Rob Gronkowski

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Gus edwards

Sucks

Am I doing this right

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Doppelganger posted:

Just finished drafting in my 0.5ppr money league, please tell me what you think! I drafted 9/10.

1 (9). Ezekiel Elliott
2 (12). Tyreek Hill
3 (29). Allen Robinson
4 (32). David Montgomery
5 (49). Julio Jones
6 (52). Gus Edwards
7 (69). Dak Prescott
8 (72). Mike Davis
9 (89). Marquise Brown
10 (92). Curtis Samuel
11 (109). Ronald Jones
12 (112). Tyler Higbee
13 (129). Tua Tagovailoa
14 (132). Rams D/ST
15 (149). Younghoe Koo
16 (152). Rob Gronkowski

this team fucks, nice work

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What do you guys think about the Mike Davis / Wayne Gallman situation in ATL?

Davis feature back and Gallman just a guy that was sitting around unclaimed from waivers?
Or true platoon between two career backups with largely overlapping skill sets?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

pmchem posted:

Davis feature back and Gallman just a guy that was sitting around unclaimed from waivers?

It's bad for people who drafted Mike Davis hoping he'd be the bellcow. Gallman looked pretty good last year behind an absolutely awful line.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

pmchem posted:

Pass

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

x2

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

The one I just did was yahoo and I didn’t receive a grade email either

That's because you get an A+ automatically just for choosing the superior draft format

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

There are so... SO MANY people going around his ADP who actually pop on tape and don't plod like M. Davis:

HPPR he's 54th on FP aggregate ADP. Auction I see him fetching between $5-20 90% of the time.

People going around that ADP: Gaskin (49), Hunt (51), Javonte (62), Edwards (79)

In auction, even if he goes for $5, ten dollars more will buy you a guy who actually looks skilled.

Mike Davis is for people who don't watch tape so they only have overall offensive skill and volume to factor into their decisions. Those people consistently overpay for last year's production

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 5, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

Grab gallman for free in all your dyno leagues and hope Davis sucks it up

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Here's what I ended up with with the 1st pick in my 10 man standard, 3 WR 2 Flex league. My first time ever picking first, which means i also have to eat the hottest hot sauce(something called "The Bomb") as per league rules

1.(1)Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
2.(20)A.J. Brown (Ten - WR)
3.(21)Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
4.(40)D'Andre Swift (Det - RB)
5.(41)Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
6.(60)Mark Andrews (Bal - TE)
7.(61)Diontae Johnson (Pit - WR)
8.(80)Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
9.(81)Robby Anderson (Car - WR)
10.(100)Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
11.(101)Dak Prescott (Dal - QB)
12.(120)Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)
13.(121)Ty'Son Williams (Bal - RB)
14.(140)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
15.(141)Rondale Moore (Ari - WR)

Pretty happy overall. I am unsure of picking Swift, going Godwin/Woods back to back in that spot (or Cooper) could have been really strong. RBs were getting thin quickly though and it had me worried.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

thalweg posted:

Here's what I ended up with with the 1st pick in my 10 man standard, 3 WR 2 Flex league. My first time ever picking first, which means i also have to eat the hottest hot sauce(something called "The Bomb") as per league rules

1.(1)Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
2.(20)A.J. Brown (Ten - WR)
3.(21)Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
4.(40)D'Andre Swift (Det - RB)
5.(41)Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
6.(60)Mark Andrews (Bal - TE)
7.(61)Diontae Johnson (Pit - WR)
8.(80)Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
9.(81)Robby Anderson (Car - WR)
10.(100)Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
11.(101)Dak Prescott (Dal - QB)
12.(120)Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)
13.(121)Ty'Son Williams (Bal - RB)
14.(140)Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
15.(141)Rondale Moore (Ari - WR)

Pretty happy overall. I am unsure of picking Swift, going Godwin/Woods back to back in that spot (or Cooper) could have been really strong. RBs were getting thin quickly though and it had me worried.

I've already called 911. You can expect police to swarm your house any minute to arrest you for Grand Theft Fantasy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

There are so... SO MANY people going around his ADP who actually pop on tape and don't plod like M. Davis:

HPPR he's 54th on FP aggregate ADP. Auction I see him fetching between $5-20 90% of the time.

People going around that ADP: Gaskin (49), Hunt (51), Javonte (62), Edwards (79)

In auction, even if he goes for $5, ten dollars more will buy you a guy who actually looks skilled.

Mike Davis is for people who don't watch tape so they only have overall offensive skill and volume to factor into their decisions. Those people consistently overpay for last year's production

If you get the Mike Davis itch just go get The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Myles "Gas Can" Gaskin

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Keeper advice please

I can keep Kyler Murray at the cost of my 5th round pick and/or Diontae Johnson at the cost of my 9th round pick. Should I do either or neither?

12 team .5 PPR redraft league 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX (RB WR TE)

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Diontae seems like he would provide some value at 9, Kyler Murray less so at 5

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Agreed. Dionte in the 9th is a great value. Kyler might end up qb1 but you can find good qbs later.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Keith Atherton posted:

Keeper advice please

I can keep Kyler Murray at the cost of my 5th round pick and/or Diontae Johnson at the cost of my 9th round pick. Should I do either or neither?

12 team .5 PPR redraft league 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX (RB WR TE)
Kyler went in the 4th in my 12 team 1PPR 1QB league but that was early for him. If you're high on him and pick at the end of the 5th I might keep him.

Yes absolutely keep Diontae for a 9th.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I’m drafting Tuesday evening in a 10 team superflex league.

I’m in a weird situation where I don’t think the other gm’s draft the way a superflex should be drafted. Like that qb’s should be drafted early.

Last season, after me not ever even looking at football before, signed up for a work league because I like fantasy hockey. So I got my beer sheet from here (you guys rule) and just drafted according to the beer sheet. I got Mahomes in the first (8), then adams, then Chris Carson because he was the best rb in the third round and I figured I should have one. In 4, kyler Murray was still there, so I picked him. Was great all year having qbs that would get 30-40 points each week. Allen went in the 6th FYI.

Am I right to load up on qb’s early? And would to be wrong to get two of the top guys within the first 4 rounds again? Guaranteed I’ll be able to get two of the top 7-8 qbs within the first 4 rounds.

I ended up getting third in the league at 9-7 overall, I may have won had I not traded Monty for Thomas before Monty went off in the playoffs. But a website said to buy low on Thomas, big mistake.

In the end, I had 200 more points against than anyone else had points for, and 400 more points for than the next person. That’s just bad luck I guess?

Sorry about the wall of text. I’m loving playing FF and can’t wait for the season to start.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Floofy posted:

I’m drafting Tuesday evening in a 10 team superflex league.

I’m in a weird situation where I don’t think the other gm’s draft the way a superflex should be drafted. Like that qb’s should be drafted early.

Last season, after me not ever even looking at football before, signed up for a work league because I like fantasy hockey. So I got my beer sheet from here (you guys rule) and just drafted according to the beer sheet. I got Mahomes in the first (8), then adams, then Chris Carson because he was the best rb in the third round and I figured I should have one. In 4, kyler Murray was still there, so I picked him. Was great all year having qbs that would get 30-40 points each week. Allen went in the 6th FYI.

Am I right to load up on qb’s early? And would to be wrong to get two of the top guys within the first 4 rounds again? Guaranteed I’ll be able to get two of the top 7-8 qbs within the first 4 rounds.

I ended up getting third in the league at 9-7 overall, I may have won had I not traded Monty for Thomas before Monty went off in the playoffs. But a website said to buy low on Thomas, big mistake.

In the end, I had 200 more points against than anyone else had points for, and 400 more points for than the next person. That’s just bad luck I guess?

Sorry about the wall of text. I’m loving playing FF and can’t wait for the season to start.

If you had 400 points more than 2nd most you definitely just had bad luck. That said… do you have access to previous years’ draft histories? The “right” move is to take QBs early in a superflex but if no one else drafts that way then you are missing value. For example “correct” value would be QB1 in the top 5 but if QB1 goes in the fourth round every year you should be waiting. Same reason why even if you think Elijah Moore will finish as WR1 you don’t take him in the first round.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In superflex my first couple of picks are always whatever the board leaves me. I'm not taking Justin Herbert at 7 if the first 6 picks were QBs and CMC. I never leave the first 3 rounds without a QB in SF no matter what though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm feeling pretty good about this 12 team Superflex PPR redraft league's draft I just did:
QB: Russell Wilson, Tannehill, Winston
RB: Kamara, Javonte, Darrell Henderson, Zack Moss, Tony Jones
WR: DK Metcalf, Robby Anderson, Marvin Jones Jr, Corey Davis, Bryan Edwards
TE: Jonnu Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: reply is not edit

I'm not feeling great about my RB depth or TE situation but overall I'm pretty happy with the team. I almost took Jalen Hurts as my third QB because he was dropping but chickened out.

edit2: lmao EPSN projecting my team to get 11th

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 5, 2021