Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

get get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rahul posted:

You know, just starting to think that maybe they don't got this

They would have if Gog had chosen literally any other time to be petty.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

NachtSieger posted:

Do we even know if humans have an external hogg?

At least half don't!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Brought To You By posted:

They would have if Gog had chosen literally any other time to be petty.

They might have. I don't think there ever was a guarantee Aspected Chaos and the Demiurges could Power Of Friendship their way through indestructibility.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Stuttering, understandable in these circumstances

Man, just like I thought, didn't even get to fill in the warranty card.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Someone defo got GOT

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

Don't let the lack of a hog distract you from the fact that in 2021, Jagganoth threw Mammon's head off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16,000 ft through an announcer's table.

AS YISUN AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF HEADLESS!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Thundarr posted:

Wait, WC doesn't have the same injuries in War for Ryuba, does she?

This kind of looks like all we need for an End of Evangelion reference on the next page is a giant melting Gog face in the sky.

How disgusting...

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shoehead posted:

How disgusting...

Yes, that exactly. Thank you.

I probably should have expected that Jag wasn't going to just let them go after surviving his un-survivable attack, but chaos dunking them with Mammon's head is a vastly more metal follow up than I had dreamed of.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Thundarr posted:

Wait, WC doesn't have the same injuries in War for Ryuba, does she?

it would have been a massive spoiler to make white chain look hurt for wfr, we really cant look at that like it means anything for the comic

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i hope shes okay though :smith:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mimesweeper posted:

i hope shes okay though :smith:

She willed herself a human body before, she can do it again. It was the first trick she learnt as an angel-human-hybrid.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Isn't War For Rayuba a Discord-only thing? I sure hope it's not canon because I sure don't wanna read through months of Discord chaff.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Pigbuster posted:

Isn't War For Rayuba a Discord-only thing? I sure hope it's not canon because I sure don't wanna read through months of Discord chaff.

yeah its discord only, its a comics tournament thing, and not the first one abbadon has done. they've all been amazing but it sure is a lot to try and catch up on if you weren't there seeing it all as it happened. but hot drat there are a lot of really talented people reading this comic and they drew a bunch of other comics and characters that all kick rear end

none of it is canon at all though its just a place for fan art in the same world

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 4, 2021

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I believe Abaddon said the set-up for War For Rayuba is canon and the end result will determine what happens to Rayuba within the canon. The non-Abaddon comics themselves are not canon outside of determining which side of the war is winning. You do not need to read any of it, it definitely won't matter to the comic's plot as a whole and its only in an especially relevant position right now. Effectively it's only relevant to the thread right now because we know we have to get from where the comic's plot is now to the WFR set up of "Rayuba still exists but has a big rear end battlefield where its capitol was, White Chain is alive and leading Solomon's army, Jagganoth's army is lead by a giant living sword in his absence, no living demiurges are still on Rayuba".

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah there's no way in hell that after all that build up for White Chain's apotheosis that Abaddon would just off her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's heavily wounded like Allison and Cio, but she's definitely alive.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

That's all assuming that White Chain hasn't transcended the laws that bound her as an angel. She's probably been punted back to the void but I wouldn't be surprised if she can reform her physical body at any time and isn't reliant on mortals making her a stone one anymore. In fact I'm very much hoping we get a panel where White Chain appears back in the void next to the gathering army of angels and Juggernaught Star asks what the hell are you wearing???

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Stole this from /co/ but it's :perfect:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Brought To You By posted:

Stole this from /co/ but it's :perfect:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What do we think Jagganoth's demon kill count's at right now

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

RBA Starblade posted:

What do we think Jagganoth's demon kill count's at right now

Depends on if men or horses count as demons.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
White Chain may be a bit more meaty than she used to be, but she's still a being of living flame. I assume she just reattached or regrew her eye and arm after she had them cut off.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I thought the outcome of the fight would be definitive

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Who says the fight is over

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
he hasn't won, yet

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Are we getting some 'bury your gays" soon? If so, that'd suck.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's already established that Cio is the sole detailed chronicler of the reign of the Rising King (much to future historians' annoyance), and we know White Chain is fine. Safe to assume none of our girls are going anywhere any time soon (metaphorically, at least - I'm sure they'll all head off on grand quests of cosmic importance, together or separately).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Does it really count if theyre your protagonists and they ate poo poo in the process of protagonist-ing
Theyre not going to be killed for the sake of cheap drama.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Bilirubin posted:

I thought the outcome of the fight would be definitive

It’s pretty definitive for Mammon

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Darth Walrus posted:

It's already established that Cio is the sole detailed chronicler of the reign of the Rising King (much to future historians' annoyance),

Oh, hadn't known that, I assumed Cio was getting loving bodied in the next comic, that's good to hear. Like, yeah, bad poo poo can happen, it would just suck to kill Cio for cheap drama. Probably wouldn't happen, because it doesn't feel very KSBD, but I was a little :ohdear:.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Does it really count if theyre your protagonists and they ate poo poo in the process of protagonist-ing
Theyre not going to be killed for the sake of cheap drama.

You're thinking of fridging, BYG is still BYG even if it's a plot point.

That said I'm not super worried about it here.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oh, hadn't known that, I assumed Cio was getting loving bodied in the next comic, that's good to hear. Like, yeah, bad poo poo can happen, it would just suck to kill Cio for cheap drama. Probably wouldn't happen, because it doesn't feel very KSBD, but I was a little :ohdear:.

It's probably worth noting both Cio and White Chain have died before in their pasts. Allison's the only one capable of a true death.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Shoehead posted:

How disgusting...

Komm, Susser Tod but it’s on bicycle horns

or

Komm, Susser HONK

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh of course that’s actually a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdss-U0H7fA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

oh hey it's the soundtrack for the last year and a half

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Jagg could dunk a lot more severed heads if he had stayed in his infinite-armed skull-mountain-for-a-face form.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 5, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Reclaimer posted:

You're thinking of fridging, BYG is still BYG even if it's a plot point.

That said I'm not super worried about it here.

Wait so gay characters just aren't ever allowed to die?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

And Tyler Too! posted:

Jagg could dunk a lot more severed heads if he had stayed in his infinite-armed skull-mountain-for-a-face form.

Yeah, what happened there? Did he use up his super bar and return to normal?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'bury your gays,' like a lot of things, is supposed to be criticism in aggregate. there's nothing wrong with a queer character dying in a piece of media, the issue is that as a whole very few queer couples in media get through a story without one or both of them ending up dead

like, look at the bechdel test -- a piece of media passing the bechdel test doesn't make it better than a piece of media that doesn't; it's just supposed to point out that a lot of pieces of media don't pass an incredibly low bar and that's the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The song "Baby Got Back" (1992) by Sir Mix-A-Lot passes the Bechdel Test.