Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please, my father was Mr. Noodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I thought Mr. Noodle’s brother died but Mr. Noodle is still alive & kicking with Miss Noodle, Ms. Noodle, Mr. Noodle (his other brother) and their dog, Schmoodle.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Where does Ric Flair vs Randy Savage in 92 stand in both men's greatest matches? They're two GOATS colliding at the biggest wrestling show of the year, why does this one get overlooked?

What are the biggest non WWE pops/crowd reactions in wrestling?

Kobashis entrance at Final Burning lifted the lid on the place, as it should.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Biggest indie pop is Super Dragon saving Steen from the Bucks

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Does the person who posted about crawling and living inside a certain wrestler's rear end still post here?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Scott Hall?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah, it was this guy

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Does the person who posted about crawling and living inside a certain wrestler's rear end still post here?

I haven't seen Free Market Gravy in ages, no.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Nea posted:

Finally started going through my ZSJ matches that people reccomended to me here, watched a couple but this was the standout. I really love the sheer ways that he can get someone in a hold that don't seem literally possible, and what... to me, with no knoweldge of will osperay other than 'i thought he was a high flyer but he seems to be working a more power-y heel moveset here' seemed like a heel versus heel match, the pacing was really something.

Also, it might have been the most homoerotic match i've seen in a while. the mocking kicks, the insulting to each other, the sheer amount of beat up each man gets, the inherent homoeroticism of submission wrestling, the blood... jesus. good poo poo.

Ospreay has been less of a high flyer since he moved to the HW division, so you’re absolutely right. There’s also some history there from their January 2020 matches, when ZSJ just kept plucking him out of the air into submission counters whenever he tried something high risk.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Has enough time passed where we an definitively say The Fiend v Seth Rollins Hell in a Cell is the worst main event of all time? This was the instant reaction after but it did become lets see where it falls in time when cooler heads passed. Well times passed and it seems to have been definately worse than the other flag bearers. Worse than Sting v Jeff. Worse than Warrior v Hogan. Worse than the Doomsday Cage. Worse than Jay Leno. Worse than Cena v Johnny Ace.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I am going to atomize you

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lid posted:

Has enough time passed where we an definitively say The Fiend v Seth Rollins Hell in a Cell is the worst main event of all time? This was the instant reaction after but it did become lets see where it falls in time when cooler heads passed. Well times passed and it seems to have been definately worse than the other flag bearers. Worse than Sting v Jeff. Worse than Warrior v Hogan. Worse than the Doomsday Cage. Worse than Jay Leno. Worse than Cena v Johnny Ace.

heroes of wrestling

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Smoking Crow posted:

heroes of wrestling

Heroes of Wrestling is the undeniable and unbeatable lord of worst show of all time. Many have come for its crown but nothing seems to even come close even with the legendary TNA late 2000s PPVs.

With that said the main event of Heroes wasnt even the worst match on the show it was on. Which is insane but yeah.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s a pic of Seth screaming in terror at the fiend while bathed in red light from that match and it always makes me laugh when I see it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Its important to note this one match was so terrible that The Fiend/Spooky Bray's other matches that should or would be in the conversation are just something kind of forgotten because this is so searingly red burned into memory. I had to go and remind myself that in one match John Cena jobbed to a singing child and in another with Randy Orton the ring spent the match running stock footage.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Back to greatest openers, I've always been fond of Mysterio vs. Psicosis from the '96 Bash at the Beach.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What are some curtain jerk matches that were the best match on the card?

I went to a Thunder taping and the opener, Vampiro v Crowbar, was easily the best on the card. That was a rough night.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There was a Thunder where i think the best match went to the pre-show Dark match which is an accomplishment. It had the tag team of Blitzkrieg and SUPER DRAGON.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Lid posted:

There was a Thunder where i think the best match went to the pre-show Dark match which is an accomplishment. It had the tag team of Blitzkrieg and SUPER DRAGON.

This one? Looks like fun. https://twitter.com/NINaylor/status/1254069760444301315?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seams posted:

There’s a pic of Seth screaming in terror at the fiend while bathed in red light from that match and it always makes me laugh when I see it

It's a great moment cause you can see Seth's career as a main eventer die in real time

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

Heroes of Wrestling is the undeniable and unbeatable lord of worst show of all time. Many have come for its crown but nothing seems to even come close even with the legendary TNA late 2000s PPVs.

With that said the main event of Heroes wasnt even the worst match on the show it was on. Which is insane but yeah.
the legendary bushwhacker vs sheikh/volkov isn’t even funny bad, it’s just really really depressing watching these old dudes not being able to move any more. the pre-match is admittedly very funny.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I went to a Raw where the dark match beforehand was a pre-debut Damien Sandow and it was by a wide margin the best thing that happened the whole show, which was a Monday Night Raw hosted by the Three Stooges during the feud where Jericho was dumping booze on Punk, a main event match featuring David Otunga, and half a dozen Johnny Ace appearances

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Karma Tornado posted:

I went to a Raw where the dark match beforehand was a pre-debut Damien Sandow and it was by a wide margin the best thing that happened the whole show, which was a Monday Night Raw hosted by the Three Stooges during the feud where Jericho was dumping booze on Punk, a main event match featuring David Otunga, and half a dozen Johnny Ace appearances

I 100% understand why people dump on Damien, but I really liked him initially and did right up until the arbitrary split of the Rhodes Scholars

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

jesus WEP posted:

the legendary bushwhacker vs sheikh/volkov isn’t even funny bad, it’s just really really depressing watching these old dudes not being able to move any more. the pre-match is admittedly very funny.

Does anybody even take a back bump in that match? CAN anybody even take a back bump in that match without disintegrating?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I was trying to remember how bad Fiend/Rollins was and I found this. It's somehow still better:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tgk0n

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm trying to find a documentary about a Japanese deathmatch wrestler who I believe is Jun Kasai. In it I recall the documentarians talking to his wife and child to see what they thought about his deathmatches. Anyone recall this or have a link to it?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Why did Bret Hart come back to do anything in WWE? Like, if he got over how Vince screwed him, that's pretty big of him. But they killed Owen and then trampled over his corpse.

I don't get it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Money

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

I'm trying to find a documentary about a Japanese deathmatch wrestler who I believe is Jun Kasai. In it I recall the documentarians talking to his wife and child to see what they thought about his deathmatches. Anyone recall this or have a link to it?

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/video/death-match-1-650/5cdc62c4be4077448b726321

I think you need to have a US TV provider to watch it but its that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Why did Bret Hart come back to do anything in WWE? Like, if he got over how Vince screwed him, that's pretty big of him. But they killed Owen and then trampled over his corpse.

I don't get it.

He didn't want them to control his legacy and came back because he got editorial control over his DVD. It was originally going to be more Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior style. Then he kind of enjoyed doing things and started doing more and more stuff with them. But there is always this tension where Bret kind of hates them but still works with them so you never know if he's gonna show up on Raw or bury HHH in an interview. Ok, he's always going to bury HHH.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't get it.

Bret cares about his legacy a lot and saw the Warrior documentary they did and feared the same.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

He didn't want them to control his legacy and came back because he got editorial control over his DVD. It was originally going to be more Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior style. Then he kind of enjoyed doing things and started doing more and more stuff with them. But there is always this tension where Bret kind of hates them but still works with them so you never know if he's gonna show up on Raw or bury HHH in an interview. Ok, he's always going to bury HHH.

Hey its not like the WWE isn't big into burying HHH right now!

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hey its not like the WWE isn't big into burying HHH right now!

Hard to believe we're less than two years out from WWE documentaries talking about that time Road Dogg and friends drove a tank up to Ted Turner's front door.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the fiend

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/video/death-match-1-650/5cdc62c4be4077448b726321

I think you need to have a US TV provider to watch it but its that

Thank you!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Destroy My Sweater posted:

guess you could check

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

jesus WEP posted:

It's true. But while I don't even follow lucha, I thought the Villanos vs. Psycho Circus match at Triplemania was much more depressing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Coaaab posted:

guess you could check

The best part is he's so indignant about correctly being shamed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

It's true. But while I don't even follow lucha, I thought the Villanos vs. Psycho Circus match at Triplemania was much more depressing.
agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I forget the names in the match but I swear CMLL had legends match that was even worse than the AAA one and Bushwackers vs Sheik/Volkov