Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zokari posted:

well the vaccine strategy isnt working out, better just yell at unvaccinated people rather than alter our strategy in any way to adapt to the situation

Surely the 20th time Biden tweets "get vaccinated" is the charm

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

lol if that ain't the truth

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im clocking out of this thread for 2 days.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
a story in 3 parts, ongoing

https://twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1434555667101147141?s=20
https://twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1434576807660081153?s=20
https://twitter.com/samstreetwrites/status/1434595723509645315?s=20

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

You're a beautiful person. You've made my lol into reality. :kimchi:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 5, 2021

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

#SaveTheChildren

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lmao

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just mainlined 55 pages of the covid thread in less than half a hour

Let me just say of the events of the last few days: lol. lmao.

that's what collapse is though, a gradual decline accelerating until eventually all that's left is imaginary fragments of the society that we used to live in. there won't be a sack of rome moment

I agree a gradual collapse of that kind is inevitable due to myriad factors including covid but the suggestion that the pandemic will be the main reason it happens is what I'm objecting to. "Things getting shittier until they're unrecognizable from where they started" was a baked-in outcome even if we'd never had pandemic.

Pre-WW2 capitalism was unimaginably worse for people in the West than what we've got now and it kept going against the predictions of its most astute critics at the time. I think Westerners have lost that historical perspective so anyone who isn't already checked out sees a gradual reduction in their standard of living in apocalyptic terms. In reality, most people want inertia (if not what it'll bring us) and even went out of their way to vote for that in the tens of millions in 2020 by electing Biden.

Bathtub Cheese fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 5, 2021

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

this smell like petty nationalism

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

shouldnt they be doing something about the variant factory bolsonaro??

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

the thread gave me enough brain damage to finally don my alter ego Maxwell Titers and go schedule my booster for later today. on a lark i checked the legitimate booster request flow and made it through just fine, so whereas my insurance may freak the gently caress out eventually, i got my slut juice, and did it "right"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How long before that actually just happens anyway. One more year?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just want to remind everyone that every USA citizen has no right to life!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Also, maybe change the M to a delta symbol if I'm allowed to make suggestions. :v:

It's right there in the M, just upside down.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 5, 2021

Goobish
May 31, 2011

post COVID posted:

that link says to get tested 3-5 days after exposure, nothing about 3 days of symptoms

cool that she can't get a covid test anyway though

I'm not sure where this rule is coming from either? But my local urgent care is (I believe) doing the same thing now. They won't even tell me WHY. But you have to "qualify" for a rapid test. And I had symptoms for two days and did not qualify. So whatever? I went to Walgreens and got a rapid test just fine. Weird.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Just want to remind everyone that every USA citizen has no right to life!

Correct. Only unborn non-citizens have that right.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
first time resperatin in public. wanted a fresh fish from hMart to grill up for the holiday

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

somehow seems like the 1/100 hospitalized stat is gonna add to the 1/20000 dead stat after the hospitals collapse in a couple of months

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Caseman posted:

The Nobel Peace Prize bit is mostly true

Just for, ya know, worms. Not viruses. I'm not sure if there's any differences between those two things though so it's probably fine.

what is it with chuds and thinking one class of drug that treats one specific microorganism works for all of them

they do the same thing every time they stomp in to their doctor's office and demand a z-pak every time they get a cold or the flu and don't take no for an answer

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Complications posted:

Correct. Only unborn non-citizens have that right.

This makes much more sense if you think of it as the right to be born so that you can be killed.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hail satan * 10^4

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

what is it with chuds and thinking one class of drug that treats one specific microorganism works for all of them

they do the same thing every time they stomp in to their doctor's office and demand a z-pak every time they get a cold or the flu and don't take no for an answer

they're stupid and proud of it op

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Raiad posted:

somehow seems like the 1/100 hospitalized stat is gonna add to the 1/20000 stat dead after the hospitals collapse in a couple of months

Hospitals are entering collapse right now in some Southern states. The only thing keeping the numbers down is that the sick are flooding states whose medical systems haven't collapsed yet.

That's happening right now and it will continue to accelerate.

I fully expect hospital and then social collapses in at least the old confederacy. It'll be what happened in India. Deaths from covid spike dramatically when you can no longer get access to a hospital or when the hospital runs out of staff or materials.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

We live in good times of peace. Even USA citizens only know war for oversea adventures. Antiobiotics allow people to do stupid poo poo like sports that would get your a broken leg.

But we are like a town living under a large dam. Maybe one day antibiotics stop working (too much use in industrial farms) or war become more a part of everyday routines.

Perhaps coronavirus is more a return to the normal, where Death and Life are parts of every day routines. Maybe we have been living the exception, a life where death was almost nowhere to be seen.

Kids will grown knowing a friend that died of coronavirus and another with long covid, and it will be more like the normal from before antibiotics.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Has Florida even peaked yet?

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
hey wait i thought thread titles were supposed to be jokes

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

That's the thing that the 'endemic' live with covid fuckers don't seem to understand. Even with moderate vaccination levels just going full open-biden with no social controls inevitably results in so many cases that hospitals are overwhelmed, at which point the death rate skyrockets. You can't live with a highly infectious pandemic virus with a reasonable rate of hospitalisation and death!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ice Phisherman posted:

I fully expect hospital and then social collapses in at least the old confederacy. It'll be what happened in India. Deaths from covid spike dramatically when you can no longer get access to a hospital or when the hospital runs out of staff or materials.

Yeah most of the chud "it's just the flu" talking point was due to all the intensive medical care people get (mostly unvaccinated)

Once basics like liquid oxygen run out you will see things like 100% mortality in the ICU wards.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Maybe they should have gotten vaccinated like President Biden told them to, if they didn't want to get maimed/traumatized/die (safely).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ice Phisherman posted:

I fully expect hospital and then social collapses in at least the old confederacy. It'll be what happened in India.

The funeral pyres in the streets will be more dangerous here, what with all that American fat burning.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

turns out the football games are good actually and we’re all just grumps.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1434519956180414468?s=20

lol lmao

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

fosborb posted:

1 in 20,000 children dying of covid would increase yearly US pediatric deaths by about 30%

Eh, I'm fairly certain the people who say "only 400 kids have died" can say "only" in front of any number of dead kids

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Has Florida even peaked yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWAhP8rYKA

but replace "Philadelphia" with "Florida"

and then later, "America"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

This makes much more sense if you think of it as the right to be born so that you can be killed.

born to die

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

LionArcher posted:

turns out the football games are good actually and we’re all just grumps.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1434519956180414468?s=20

lol lmao

crazy thought, but maybe we should not have told them to go back to normal

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Doctor posted:

hey wait i thought thread titles were supposed to be jokes

yeah, the joke is on us

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted: