Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hey no worries, you can never trust ESPN projections. Last year I was projected to end up in second place in goon beer league. It was only off by 10 spots! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey no worries, you can never trust ESPN projections. Last year I was projected to end up in second place in goon beer league. It was only off by 10 spots! :shepface:

drat how much did you win by?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Any suggestions on a funny team name about being projected to be 11 out of 12?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Last draft of the year, who were the top drafts here?

League is a reddit.com/r/narffl major league (huge reddit relegation league, details here https://narffl.com/rules)
12-team PPR with 2 RB, 2 WR, flex, otherwise usual scoring.

Details on picks and my slot number:

I drafted out of the 3-slot. I didn't expect Hurts to be available at the end of the 10th or Lance at the end of the 14th, so my QB plans went a little sideways -- almost took Brady in the 6th. Love Javonte in the 7th and my defense platoon. Need my WRs to pan out and RBs not to get too terribly injured. Pitts is a calculated risk.

RBs in-season off the wire go for crazy FAAB values.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Top 11 Fantasy Football Team
Guaranteed Not Dead Last
The Mississippi of Teams

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

.5 PPR 14 team league two teams just traded Ekeler and Chubb straight up.

Other than this being a funny trade who won

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Chubb. Is it supposed to be close?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

you have 1 fewer QBs than you have RBs.

in a 1 QB league where

pmchem posted:

and 2 DEF. I see your league has wonky defensive scoring, but this still seems like a bad idea.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If that was full PPR it'd be close. Standard it'd be laughable. At 0.5 it's just kinda weird imo.

Ekeler will get a ton of volume, Herbert is established and likes to use him, he's immune to game script issues (unlike Chubb who doesn't catch passes) and there is no other RB of significance on the roster. Lots of smart people like Ekeler.

Me, I'm dumb as hell, like incredibly stupid, but give me Chubb.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Top 11 Fantasy Football Team
Guaranteed Not Dead Last
The Mississippi of Teams
hahaha drat these are good. I'm torn between all of them.

I wish "Guaranteed better than the team that only drafted Kirk Cousins in a 2QB league" or something like that would fit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 6, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

you have 1 fewer QBs than you have RBs.

I mean, comparing numbers is one thing, but most of my draft capital went to RBs including my first 3 picks. Heavily invested.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

10th Loser
11th Still Gets Blue Shells
At Least We're Not Detroit

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
i've never done this before so i just took a bunch of picks from here, aggregated them and that's what i went with.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Henry and Cook teams look the best to me through 5 picks.

lold @ the 3 TEs in first 4 rounds team

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

League is a reddit.com/r/narffl major league (huge reddit relegation league, details here https://narffl.com/rules)

I drafted out of the 3-slot. I didn't expect Hurts to be available at the end of the 10th or Lance at the end of the 14th, so my QB plans went a little sideways -- almost took Brady in the 6th. Love Javonte in the 7th and my defense platoon. Need my WRs to pan out and RBs not to get too terribly injured. Pitts is a calculated risk.

You need to drop or trade Hurts and Lance, as well as one of your defenses. Your WRs are very weak and you should load up on lottery tickets, as well as at least one lottery ticket RB since you only have 4.

Stafford is gonna be fine as a set and forget QB this year, you don’t need a backup. And there’s no reason to roster 2 defenses in a non dynasty league.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

freeman posted:

Henry and Cook teams look the best to me through 5 picks.

lold @ the 3 TEs in first 4 rounds team

yeah, I love the Cook team with the exception of his huge COVID risk taking Cook and Jefferson in his top 3 picks. Vikings are a real risk COVID-wise. I think his roster is solid player-wise though

RCarr posted:

You need to drop or trade Hurts and Lance, as well as one of your defenses. Your WRs are very weak and you should load up on lottery tickets, as well as at least one lottery ticket RB since you only have 4.

Stafford is gonna be fine as a set and forget QB this year, you don’t need a backup. And there’s no reason to roster 2 defenses in a non dynasty league.

yeah, I'll probably try to trade one of Hurts or Lance early season sometime; I didn't expect to get both, but Lance simply dropped too far for his value. But like, what lotto ticket WR or RB would you conceivable drop Lance for right now? Everything after him was pretty much waiver wire quality and Lance does not belong on a wire. I honestly expected to have a TE2 or RB5 instead of a QB3. Really need to work a trade with one of them.

I'm in the minority perhaps but I've had a lot of success drafting 2 defenses. Weeks 1-2 bring a lot of clarity as to the quality of NFL teams, after which point I can drop one, trade, or platoon. It's unusual but I encourage people to try it sometime (if defense scoring in your league matters at all).

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

The Pennultimate Ninny Lions

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

pmchem posted:

I mean, comparing numbers is one thing, but most of my draft capital went to RBs including my first 3 picks. Heavily invested.

and when 1-2 of them go down you'll be in trouble. meanwhile you'll never need more than 1 QB.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fate Accomplice posted:

and when 1-2 of them go down you'll be in trouble. meanwhile you'll never need more than 1 QB.

I'm genuinely curious, what RB at 14.11 or later would you have drafted over Lance?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

pmchem posted:

I would rank 4 as my favorite, with 1 and 11 somewhat behind them (with the caveat that I did not pay too much attention past the starters. I think rounds 3/4 hurt your team. I realize in hindsight it is way easier to plan out a perfect draft when you know what people behind you will do, but I think you really should have taken one of Jefferson or Keenan Allan in the 3rd round, then a RB in the 4th round, and then grabbed a TE later.

Edit: Actually, revisiting it I think I like 1 the most, then 4, the 11/12.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 6, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I would rank 4 as my favorite, with 1 and 11 somewhat behind them (with the caveat that I did not pay too much attention past the starters. I think rounds 3/4 hurt your team. I realize in hindsight it is way easier to plan out a perfect draft when you know what people behind you will do, but I think you really should have taken one of Jefferson or Keenan Allan in the 3rd round, then a RB in the 4th round, and then grabbed a TE later.

yeah, I almost went Allen in the third. That'd be reasonable. By ADPs in this league format (there are dozens of Nar leagues to draw ADPs from), one of Godwin/Lockett/Kupp should've been around at 4.10. Alas, none were. I didn't like the RB options for the price at 4.10, so I went Pitts and then sorted out WRs. I love Monty's value, though, so no regrets in the third.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Edit: Actually, revisiting it I think I like 1 the most, then 4, the 11/12.

FYI, Team 1 immediately traded Henderson for Hock post-draft

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

pmchem posted:

FYI, Team 1 immediately traded Henderson for Hock post-draft

Well, I like it less now. They better hope one of McCaffrey or Mostert (lol) never get injured.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
10 team, 0.5ppr. I don't feel terrible but I don't feel good:

Travis Kelce KC, TE
Stefon Diggs Buf, WR
Allen Robinson II Chi, WR
Keenan Allen LAC, WR
Kyler Murray Ari, QB
Gus Edwards Bal, RB
Myles Gaskin Mia, RB
Mike Davis Atl, RB
Washington D/ST Wsh, D/ST
Melvin Gordon III Den, RB
William Fuller V Mia, WR
DJ Chark Jr. Jax, WR
Mason Crosby GB, K

I was drinking and not paying attention for everything starting with Washintgon D/ST

nollij fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 6, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

you'll be fine if you can move 1-2 of those WRs for a good RB.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

nollij posted:

Travis Kelce KC, TE
Stefon Diggs Buf, WR
Keenan Allen LAC, WR
Kyler Murray Ari, QB
Gus Edwards Bal, RB
Myles Gaskin Mia, RB
Mike Davis Atl, RB
William Fuller V Mia, WR
DJ Chark Jr. Jax, WR
Mason Crosby GB, K

I was drinking and not paying attention for everything starting with Washintgon D/ST

I like it but I think you should get rid of Chark and/or Fuller if they don’t end up the number one receiver on their team after week 1. Going early TE and early QB is going to wreck you if you have any major injuries though, so hopefully you’re in a bunch of leagues.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

nollij posted:

Travis Kelce KC, TE
Stefon Diggs Buf, WR
Keenan Allen LAC, WR
Kyler Murray Ari, QB
Gus Edwards Bal, RB
Myles Gaskin Mia, RB
Mike Davis Atl, RB
William Fuller V Mia, WR
DJ Chark Jr. Jax, WR
Mason Crosby GB, K

These are very shaky RBs for a 10 teamer. Drop Chark and probably Fuller too for some sleeper RBs

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I had my 12 team full ppr work league draft today at pick #9. Kelce fell to me at 9 after the top 6 rbs, Mahomes, and Adams were taken. Picks 1.10 - 2.3 got the rest of the top rbs and Hill. I ended up taking Diggs as my 2nd pick and decided to go all in with a 0 rb strategy at this point. I was planning on getting an early rb, but with someone taking Mahomes I couldn't pass up Kelce.

1. Travis Kelce
2. Stefon Diggs
3. Allen Robinson II
4. Kyler Murray
5. Robby Anderson
6. Gus Edwards
7. Javonte Williams
8. Raheem Mostert
9. AJ Dillon
10. Marquise Brown
11. Nyheim Hines
12. Jalen Reagor
13. Matt Ryan
14. Matt Gay
15. Patriots d/st
16. Gerald Everett

Honestly the only thing I kind of regret is taking a backup qb and I took Kyler a round earlier than I would of liked. Quarterbacks were starting to go with Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, and Rodgers being taken early. This league has some additional scoring for qbs so they went faster then normal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I legit thought this was a double post from the team above you.

Same deal though, I just can’t be on board with a team when you wait 5+ rounds to take your first RB.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I like zero RB but you have to come away with 5+ high end pass catchers for it or you lose it’s advantages

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I feel like you can choose to go early TE or early QB, but you can't do both. You're left with too little depth at the WR/RB positions. Still considering whether I'd take Kelce if he falls to me at 9/12 in my full PPR league and I think my answer is probably "no". Having Kelce was an incredible advantage in Standard last year but with my top RB out I felt like I was scrambling all season.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alright, so I did something very similar to those guys but with a variation and you tell me if you like the turnout better:

1. Kelce
2. Diggs
3. Edwards-Helaire
4. Swift
5. Lockett
6. Julio
7. Brady
8. Henderson
9. Chark
10. Conner
11. Mike Williams
12. Sermon

13 and 14 are IDPs so I doubt ya'll'd care.

e: it is ppr 10 team

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I feel like you can choose to go early TE or early QB, but you can't do both. You're left with too little depth at the WR/RB positions. Still considering whether I'd take Kelce if he falls to me at 9/12 in my full PPR league and I think my answer is probably "no". Having Kelce was an incredible advantage in Standard last year but with my top RB out I felt like I was scrambling all season.

There is really no wrong position to pick at pick 9 in PPR (outside of QB), a top WR like Hill or Adams is reasonable, Kelce is reasonable, and whatever RB is reasonable. With your top RB out the points are lost no matter what, I am not sure if there is much functional difference between playing a decent RB3 with a middle tier TE or playing a top tier TE with a worse RB3, it just moves around who gets the points. I have had years where my sleeper TE does not pan out and I end up getting a cumulative 2 points over 6 weeks and it is not ideal.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Alright, so I did something very similar to those guys but with a variation and you tell me if you like the turnout better:

1. Kelce
2. Diggs
3. Edwards-Helaire
4. Swift
5. Lockett
6. Julio
7. Brady
8. Henderson
9. Chark
10. Conner
11. Mike Williams
12. Sermon

Looks a lot better to me, much stronger starting RBs + depth behind them

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

1. Kelce
2. Diggs
3. Edwards-Helaire
4. Swift
5. Lockett
6. Julio
7. Brady
8. Henderson
9. Chark
10. Conner
11. Mike Williams
12. Sermon

This looks promising to me, strong mix of WRs and RBs, and I hope it works out, because my team also has Kelce, CEH, and a Jags WR (0.5 PPR, 10 teams):

1. (9) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
2. (12) Najee Harris (Pit - RB)
3. (29) Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC - RB)
4. (32) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
5. (49) Mike Davis (Atl - RB)
6. (52) Jerry Jeudy (Den - WR)
7. (69) Dak Prescott (Dal - QB)
8. (72) Corey Davis (NYJ - WR)
9. (89) Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
10. (92) Laviska Shenault Jr. (Jax - WR)
11. (109) Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
12. (112) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
13. (129) New England (NE - DEF)

Pretty happy with my RB situation, but I don't love my WRs after A-Rob. Especially because our league starts three WRs and has short benches (3+1 IR). I wanted a JAX WR and picked Laviska Shenault, but I don't know who will get the most targets there. Marquez Callaway had some preseason hype, but how good is he really, and what happens when Michael Thomas comes back? I kind of want to replace one of my WRs with MVS to get a piece of the GB offense (and I'm a Packers fan so it's cool to have a guy).

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Someone posted about Swift pages earlier but I have to ask again: what are y'all seeing in this guy?

he's hurt

his QB needs a genius level OC in his ear to play at a functional NFL level

even if QB was above replacement level, receivers compete for worst in the league

garbage tier defense so they'll be behind all the time

I get that he's nominally a starting RB, but I still can't see feeling anything but bad about taking this guy before 5th or 6th round at best.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

Someone posted about Swift pages earlier but I have to ask again: what are y'all seeing in this guy?

he's hurt

his QB needs a genius level OC in his ear to play at a functional NFL level

even if QB was above replacement level, receivers compete for worst in the league

garbage tier defense so they'll be behind all the time

I get that he's nominally a starting RB, but I still can't see feeling anything but bad about taking this guy before 5th or 6th round at best.

He catches pass, so most of that is neutral or a positive. He had 900 yards and 45 catches and 10 TDs last year as a rookie in 13 games.

If being a lock for volume, not game script dependent, and a talented irl player doesn't sound good for fantasy, idk what to tell you

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 6, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

He catches pass, so most of that is neutral or a positive. He had 900 yards and 45 catches and 10 TDs last year as a rookie in 13 games.

If being a lock for volume, not game script dependent, and a talented irl player doesn't sound good for fantasy, idk what to tell you

if he's the ~only option on offense, a massive downgrade at QB, and he'll see stacked boxes the entire season, then I'm not sure what volume will get you besides hurt unless his talent is McCaffrey level. and he's already hurt.

I really think the lions are significantly worse than last year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Fate Accomplice posted:

if he's the ~only option on offense, a massive downgrade at QB, and he'll see stacked boxes the entire season, then I'm not sure what volume will get you besides hurt unless his talent is McCaffrey level. and he's already hurt.

I really think the lions are significantly worse than last year.

I think people are hoping for a James Robinson season. Dogshit team where he gets all the volume and does just fine as an RB2. The team drafted an O lineman with its top pick and is probably going to want to run the ball, especially with those kinds of receivers.

Of course, the "gets all the volume" is the problem, because A. he's hurt and B. he has Jamal Williams sitting behind him waiting to leech targets. I'm staying away from the Lions unless Hockenson falls for whatever reason.

Pain of Mind posted:

There is really no wrong position to pick at pick 9 in PPR (outside of QB), a top WR like Hill or Adams is reasonable, Kelce is reasonable, and whatever RB is reasonable. With your top RB out the points are lost no matter what, I am not sure if there is much functional difference between playing a decent RB3 with a middle tier TE or playing a top tier TE with a worse RB3, it just moves around who gets the points. I have had years where my sleeper TE does not pan out and I end up getting a cumulative 2 points over 6 weeks and it is not ideal.

Yeah that's fair. As with everything, it all comes down to who falls to me. Thanks for the response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1. Kelce
2. Diggs
3. Edwards-Helaire
4. Swift
5. Lockett
6. Julio
7. Brady
8. Henderson
9. Chark
10. Conner
11. Mike Williams
12. Sermon

I love it. Well done.