Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

have any other two teams played each other 4 times or more in the superbowl?

Posting from the future

Tom Brady and the Bucs vs the Chiefs :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Imagine if something like that happened in football then you could have the Ravens vs the Titans in the Superbowl.

I would much rather imagine a playoff run where the titans didn't have to go through the ravens for once

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I imagine Jets vs Giants would have incredible bad blood, and also get poo poo ratings outside NYC.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bellmaker posted:

I feel like Steelers/Eagles would probably be a heated one, especially in the stands lmao

Nah, neither fan base gives a single poo poo about the other. At worst they'd probably fight over who is the biggest Joe paternity stan.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Nah, neither fan base gives a single poo poo about the other. At worst they'd probably fight over who is the biggest Joe paternity stan.

Wouldn't say that's strictly true. About a third of the NY fans I meet try to treat it like a low octane Yankees/Mets.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Most yinzers could care less about the Eagles. Except for the 60 year loss streak in Philly itself

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/1434547926055981056?s=19

It begins.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Woozie66 posted:

I imagine Jets vs Giants would have incredible bad blood, and also get poo poo ratings outside NYC.

There was legit hype going into 2008 about that possible super bowl matchup since the Giants just won and the Jets got Favre. Didn’t work out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The only way the Steelers and Eagles would care about each other is if they ended up in a superbowl together. That would loving rule.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dak gonna get re-injured in his first game back.

Way to go, Zack!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

having a sensible chuckle over the chargers trading away michael vick because spanos didn't want to pay him #1 overall money.

It's really weird that Vick won't make the Hall of Fame despite how much of a phenomenon he was for that mid-00s stretch and the impact he had on multiple NFL franchises. I don't think you can tell "the story of the NFL" without Vick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Lol what? It was the complete opposite of that. Bucs obliterated the Chiefs but like there was no real feud. I've seen a few bitter chiefs fans pop up on the Bucs feed but that's about it.

lolling at the avatar post combo anyway

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's really weird that Vick won't make the Hall of Fame despite how much of a phenomenon he was for that mid-00s stretch and the impact he had on multiple NFL franchises. I don't think you can tell "the story of the NFL" without Vick.

The Falcons doc showing the QB rushing chart by year with Vick and then everything he inspired after was incredibly eye-opening.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

fsif posted:

Wouldn't say that's strictly true. About a third of the NY fans I meet try to treat it like a low octane Yankees/Mets.

It would be a big deal on college campuses where kids are looking for any reason to fight but otherwise no one gives a poo poo about the other city except when it comes to hockey.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Metapod posted:

I would much rather imagine a playoff run where the titans didn't have to go through the ravens for once

Well that's what you'd get then if the teams could meet in the Superbowl.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Woozie66 posted:

Second Giants/Pats should have had bad blood, if both teams weren't boring.

Giants and Pats are two incestuous organizations that shares coaches, players, and front office guys because the owners love each other. The fanbases are made up of the same cultural northeast metropolitan corridor that makes the Eagles/Giants rivalry kind of lame compared to other rivalries. Also doesn't help that they're in two different conferences. Plus the Pats were already successful by the time they ran into their Super Bowl losses so there's not that much animosity.

The Giants and their fanbase are the most boring fans in the NFL though. That makes any of our rivalries lame because half the audience are suburbanite families and the other half are grumpy goombas that yell at you if you hold up a sign.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Well that's what you'd get then if the teams could meet in the Superbowl.

No thats them actively playing in the playoffs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

No thats them actively playing in the playoffs

No I mean it could happen but it's least likely to happen if all they can meet in is the Superbowl. But if they did then it would add more stakes than had never been there before. Just like the Ravens could play the Eagles in the Superbowl now but the likelihood of ever actually having a playoff meeting with them is very small.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in some ways the super bowl is the last game of the playoffs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Yes it is and the Ravens have a 1-0 playoff record against the Giants and also the 49ers. But you don't play the other conference teams that often. For instance the Ravens have played 11 of the AFC teams in the playoffs sometimes multiple times. But only two of the NFC teams and one single time each.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yes it is and the Ravens have a 1-0 playoff record against the Giants and also the 49ers. But you don't play the other conference teams that often. For instance the Ravens have played 11 of the AFC teams in the playoffs sometimes multiple times. But only two of the NFC teams and one single time each.

Yes that is the playoffs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Yes that is the playoffs.

I know it's the playoffs. What I mean is that if you don't want to see a team in the playoffs ever your best bet is if your only chance to see them is the Superbowl.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cavauro posted:

Many people are saying this, more and more!

Oh my God it's Sunday and Thursday is so close

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

No I mean it could happen but it's least likely to happen if all they can meet in is the Superbowl. But if they did then it would add more stakes than had never been there before. Just like the Ravens could play the Eagles in the Superbowl now but the likelihood of ever actually having a playoff meeting with them is very small.

I'd rather the ravens become crippling bad and fall to raider tier so I never have to worry about it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Woozie66 posted:

Giants fans don't realize how bad a franchise the Giants are and look down on the Jets.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

I'd rather the ravens become crippling bad and fall to raider tier so I never have to worry about it

Better chance the titans do this than the Ravens tbh

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Giants fans don't realize how bad a franchise the Giants are and look down on the Jets.

Old and dumb Giants fans are wanting to go back to the old school, hard nosed mentality the team had in the 60s and 70s when they missed the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Currently hanging out to hear whether Wellington moves down to lockdown level 2 by Friday. I would love to take the afternoon off to watch Boys v Bucs in the pub with my football bros. Making alternative plans involving voice chat just to be sure anyway. There will be beer regardless. (Nearly wrote "there will be bear", and there will indeed be a Bears fan in attendance.)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Better chance the titans do this than the Ravens tbh

No one asked you to post this

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mcmagic posted:

inferiority complex

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sometimes I think about how irredeemable people are that still think he's a vile monster that is going to hell for the dog thing. Even though his entire life and career were completely obliterated in his prime, he did 21 months in federal prison, and was absolutely contrite and continues to do animal welfare stuff to this day. Coincidently these same people are also the types that go all in on stereotyping black people as perpetual crime elementals that should be locked up forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:D

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ravens/Titans playoff games are weird since the visitor always wins, so I’m hoping the Ravens get the 1 or 2 seed this season.

If Ravens are a wildcard team again we’re hosed.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Ravens/Titans playoff games are weird since the visitor always wins, so I’m hoping the Ravens get the 1 or 2 seed this season.

If Ravens are a wildcard team again we’re hosed.

No you want it the other way. Because then if the TItans are the top seed they have a chance to end that streak. And vice versa. But if you're the visitor you're faced with the pressure of maintaining it. Something will give someday. And I don't want the Ravens to be the one to concede it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Asproigerosis posted:

Sometimes I think about how irredeemable people are that still think he's a vile monster that is going to hell for the dog thing. Even though his entire life and career were completely obliterated in his prime, he did 21 months in federal prison, and was absolutely contrite and continues to do animal welfare stuff to this day. Coincidently these same people are also the types that go all in on stereotyping black people as perpetual crime elementals that should be locked up forever.

It's often either that or they think more highly of dogs than human beings.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Vick wouldn't have gone into the hall even without the dogfighting thing because he was never actually that good as an NFL quarterback. He was overrated before he was controversial because of SportsCenter highlights and 99 SPEED IN MADDEN or whatever, and now is overrated from nostalgia for the vague memory of those things.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my dad is really excited about the home opener next week and is talking about how much fun it'll be since I missed it last year.

We've been to 23 of them :/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As far as I know there’s never been a football video game where actually trying to call plays like in real life is the best strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think either Giants/Jets or Rams/Chargers would be one of those Super Bowls that the media would have a lot more interest in thinking there's a rivalry than what actually exists.

Now, showing the owners' reactions during the game would be :allears: