Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

skewetoo posted:

Right?! I flipped through red son today when I was musing in a similar direction!

Aw man miracle man golden age is some good poo poo.

Niel Gaiman getting all weird after Alan Moore's basically hosed everything up story wise and he still pulled out some good plot lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this guy has a conspicuous lack of comments on the Mormon's new vaccine mandate considering how much of his timeline is opposing them

Iverron
May 13, 2012

WampaLord posted:

ahahahahahahaha

nvm some other dumbass in his replies

lol even ignoring the students only being 25% issue: https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1434646344912752641?s=21

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cup Runneth Over posted:

can't imagine if there's any correlation between being the kind of person who goes to a packed football game during a loving pandemic and being a huge loving dipshit rear end in a top hat

I think we need more research

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've found Warframe good at destroying thousands of time throughout the years, if you're looking for a long-term time sink action game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znU5OS65lXw

One of the few games whose lategame plays crazier than the cinematics infer

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

quote:

Pharmac says it won't be able to supply an anti-inflammatory drug used mainly to treat arthritis for the next three months due to massive worldwide demand.

The pharmaceutical company Roche supplies tocilizumab and has told Pharmac it cannot fulfil its contractural obligations.

The drug, also know as Actemra, is now being used to to treat hospitalised patients with moderate to severe Covid-19.

Pharmac's director of operations, Lisa Williams, says about four hundred people in New Zealand use tocilizumab for a number of conditions, such as rheumatoid and juvenile arthritis.

Lol, lmao, gently caress you all (except those of you in this thread obvs)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

:qq: boo hoo I went to a football game and people were acting exactly like they always do at a football game :qq:

:fuckoff:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

apatheticman posted:

Aw man miracle man golden age is some good poo poo.

Niel Gaiman getting all weird after Alan Moore's basically hosed everything up story wise and he still pulled out some good plot lines.

Going to give it a look. Love golden age. Caught up on submariner's nazi rear end kicking adventures

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Ah yes, excellent point, time to burn some masks.

What's the thread recommendation for burning a respirator? Should I start with 3M or Honeywell?

For me personally, the 3M 803 (the large one) fit perfectly. I started with a Honeywell but it felt way too tight. The 3M leaves plenty of room for my nose and mouth, which makes wearing it very comfortable.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ahh, capitalism
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1434541203333255168

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I want to and should like Warframe but it’s never clicked with me for some reason.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://old.reddit.com/r/pharmacy/comments/pf92iu/anyone_think_a_cvs_dl_saying_we_wont_turn_anyone/

lol, looks like Max Titers is absolutely the correct strategy

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

SchrodingersCat posted:

American life is so miserable we try to bury the meaninglessness of our existence with food and violence. The life of the average American citizen is devoid of value and meaning. America is devoid of truly fulfilling original art and culture. We take in from the outside world, remake art and culture in our own demonic self-hating image, and then regurgitate it out onto a plate to be lapped up and regurgitated over and over again. No one in this nation has a reason to live.

We just fill the pointless days of waiting for oblivion with empty physical pleasures. Empty husks of flesh waiting for a fulfillment only death can grant. Ants swarming over the rotten husk of Capitalism, their queen.

harsh, but fair

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne is losing its giant ferris wheel permanently after many months of restrictions keeping it closed and no end in sight/no international travel.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1434727351829422086?s=19

Took these photoe from it on my third day here. Rip

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

DarkEuphoria posted:

Covid thread you are a nightmare but also a respite in this crazy world.

I was just thinking to myself, man this poo poo loving sucks, I’m tired of being isolated and everyone else has accepted Covid into their hearts, maybe I should just give up and start rubbing myself on the plagued masses.

Obviously that meant it was time to check into the thread (lol), and at first it was just confirming how hosed everything is, but then I was reading the last few pages and y’all are talking about the inherent value of the individual and I remembered that I’m not the only one having this problem, that other reasonable people exist and are able to put aside short term individual gain for a better outcome.

Anyway, covid winter #2 is going to suck.

:hmmyes:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Just like when ISPs took billions to build rural broadband and instead pocketed the money and said it was too hard and costly

What would have happened had we just paid people directly instead :thunk:

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Listen to all those smug pharmacists in the comments deciding who does and doesn't need a booster, cunts.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Good news, the US apparent CFR has dropped from 2% to 1.5%. That means current trends put the country at merely 2,200 deaths a day in early October.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Chamale posted:

Good news, the US apparent CFR has dropped from 2% to 1.5%. That means current trends put the country at merely 2,200 deaths a day in early October.

not very patriotic to not have a 9/11 a day on 9/11

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I love economy.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

We've gotten those cases too. Before I even let them spin their story, I ask if they are considered within the following conditions, "list of highly immuno suppressing treatments/patients." After that, they sputter into their story, but can see on my face that they're not going to win anything.

Meijer told us to absolutely do not ask people about their conditions or get any specifics, so we're riding with the above loophole for us. Everyone thinks they need a third dose otherwise.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

I've found Warframe good at destroying thousands of time throughout the years, if you're looking for a long-term time sink action game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znU5OS65lXw

One of the few games whose lategame plays crazier than the cinematics infer

Endgame Warframe is a nice mix of parkour exit racing and organic suit dress-up.

It rules!

E: and making impossible parkour puzzles to get to the trading platform in your dojo.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is losing its giant ferris wheel permanently after many months of restrictions keeping it closed and no end in sight/no international travel.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1434727351829422086?s=19

Took these photoe from it on my third day here. Rip

lol that dumb fukken wheel was cursed from the start. terrible location, the support structure cracked with people in it causing months-long shutdowns (twice, I think), and even once it was back up and running only the most clueless tourists were going, they could barely give away tickets for most of the year.

also in a year or two some other company will buy it for peanuts and do the whole thing again, so it's not like they're dismantling it.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

bedpan posted:

We've gotten those cases too. Before I even let them spin their story, I ask if they are considered within the following conditions, "list of highly immuno suppressing treatments/patients." After that, they sputter into their story, but can see on my face that they're not going to win anything.

Meijer told us to absolutely do not ask people about their conditions or get any specifics, so we're riding with the above loophole for us. Everyone thinks they need a third dose otherwise.

These people just looooove being the vaxx police, I guess it's just another way they can exercise power over others.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Blackhawk posted:

These people just looooove being the vaxx police, I guess it's just another way they can exercise power over others.

Uh, we are absolutely the vaccine police.

It is literally part of our job as pharmacists to recommend and administer appropriate vaccines to the appropriate people at the right dose and schedule lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Any suggestions for games for the pandemic?

RimWorld is the kind of game where they put a toggle to show the real world time on the screen because whoops it's 3 a.m.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I have no problem giving a 3rd shot to someone that claims to be immunocompromised but has no proof. My issue is trying to force us to do them all as walk ins while we are understaffed, even compared to the standard understaffing that has gone on with these retail companies for far too long. They should be appointment only. I refuse to do them as walk ins, with the rare exception of someone that legitimately has trouble traveling due to mobility issues and has come down without an appointment. They need to start up clinics again if they expect pharmacists to take this seriously since we are already struggling so much on the bench due to understaffing.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

bedpan posted:

acab

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

so what's going on in Russia

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

bedpan posted:

It is literally part of our job as pharmacists to recommend and administer appropriate vaccines to the appropriate people at the right dose and schedule lol

Doing some good work for there ruling class there.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

that pharmacy reddit is really depressing

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Iverron posted:

nvm some other dumbass in his replies

lol even ignoring the students only being 25% issue: https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1434646344912752641?s=21
I’m so tired of these arguments about lolla. Chicago just called around and asked if people had lolla cases. there was no tracing done at all, and tons flew under the radar. brunch crowd uses it as a crux of their argument about how 500k people events are totally safe and nothing burgers

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

bedpan posted:

I have no problem giving a 3rd shot to someone that claims to be immunocompromised but has no proof. My issue is trying to force us to do them all as walk ins while we are understaffed, even compared to the standard understaffing that has gone on with these retail companies for far too long. They should be appointment only. I refuse to do them as walk ins, with the rare exception of someone that legitimately has trouble traveling due to mobility issues and has come down without an appointment. They need to start up clinics again if they expect pharmacists to take this seriously since we are already struggling so much on the bench due to understaffing.

Max Titers only does appointments

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hall monitor energy is off the charts

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

:haibrow:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

skewetoo posted:

What parties lol

lol

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

So what is Fauci's endgame?

Is he just really, really dumb or is someone pressuring him to sweep corpses under the rug or what?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Truniht posted:

Is he just really, really dumb or is someone pressuring him to sweep corpses under the rug or what?

Both

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truniht posted:

Capital pays off the dumbest doctors with no morals to do its bidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

bedpan posted:

hall monitor energy is off the charts

:qq: i fell for an unsourced quote againGODDAMNIT