Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Impression I got is a lot of the earlier accusations were dodgy af from parents, but then a couple of now adult victims came forward with details on their own accord, and also the narrative around sexual abuse had changed a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

mycophobia posted:

i mean anybody can say all sorts of shocking stuff. that doesnt make it true
whoa I thought you were doing a bit

truly cannot imagine dying on the "those kids were lying" hill, but if it makes you feel any better it's not a top-tier episode

good but not great

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxUug_JOu4

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If you can watch that MJ doc from a couple of years ago and still think he didnt diddle those kids then you are straight up dumb as hell

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Not to mention there have been tons of accusations since before the documentary, as the onion so helpfully pointed out https://www.theonion.com/michael-jackson-estate-questions-why-accusers-only-comi-1833105791/amp

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

Groening was on the Lolita Express and all, but I guess that's a pulled cash cow too far for having a sex slave massage your rank feet.

You’d think a revelation such as this would make him step down as… whatever the hell his current title is with the show to save face and avoid that poo poo, but :lol: :matters: in this dumb world but :homebrew:

overmind2000 posted:

When did the show start crediting twenty-five or more people at the beginning of each episode? I feel like that was a big sign that the good times were never coming back

“From 37 of the 52 writers of Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, and Meet the Spartans!!”

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you can watch that MJ doc from a couple of years ago and still think he didnt diddle those kids then you are straight up dumb as hell

im not going to watch a 4 horu documentary of dudes graphically describing how mj hosed them up the butt as kids. but im pretty sure they're lying

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Whether he did it (he did) or didn't (he did), the man gave us some great things like when he single handedly flew to Japan and made Sonic 3, all on his own, and some great In Livin Color segments. One of the only other good things Fox ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIDkAXl5Yk

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mycophobia posted:

im not going to watch a 4 horu documentary of dudes graphically describing how mj hosed them up the butt as kids. but im pretty sure they're lying

So how did you celebrate when Cosby got set free?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It seems like Arrested Development really was made for streaming and binge watching before that was even a thing, so it and Netflix should have in theory been a great match... but the Netflix-produced seasons are a real mixed bag and season 4 was considered so confusing to some that they re-edited it entirely, so now I don't know what to think. Though I thought 4 had its moments and was superior to 5.

I think this is one of the reasons why Friends remains so popular and is still endlessly rerun to this day, in addition to its fairly "safe" brand of comedy and mostly inoffensive characters. It has arcs, some pretty funny and others very bad, but you really can just jump into any episode and go from there. You just go, "Oh, this is that weird period where Rachel and Phoebe were living together" and immediately shrug it off.

Best Friends plot is the one they referenced in the game “The one where joey eats chandler”.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thank you Bill Cosby, you saved the Simpsons thread!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Best Friends plot is the one they referenced in the game “The one where joey eats chandler”.

One of my favourite forum things.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

So how did you celebrate when Cosby got set free?

don't be so crass. why would i celebrate a rapist's unjust release from prison?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
any time this thread has a bunch of posts out of nowhere it's almost guaranteed to never be about the simpsons and it's always fantastic

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
THe truth is that those kids molested micheal jackson

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

mycophobia posted:

Oh he diddled them. You can tell by the way he was such a diddler

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i figured it was either copyright conflicts or jackson being a pervert, just wondered which one it was. its a shame really, there were good moments in that episode

sweet geek swag posted:

It wasn't really Disney that pulled the Michael Jackson episode. Apparently Al Jean thought Jackson used the episode to groom kids, and he pushed to have it taken down. He said so in an interview right when it happened.

hadnt even considered this angle, and if thats what happened then this might be the only good thing i ever heard about al jean doing

Junk fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 3, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Sweeps was worth the wait.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Junk posted:

i figured it was either copyright conflicts or jackson being a pervert, just wondered which one it was.
I'd post that gif of the little girl saying "Why not both?" but I don't want to get Michael Jackson defenders overexcited.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

If I recall Grownung was actually so loving stupid he was ruled out as a kiddy fiddler even though he was on the Lolita express, because one of the underage girls came up to him and he drew her a sketch and signed it with the days date and if you think you’re on a child molester plane why tf would you ever do that

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

wasn't it proven that the parents who accused him just wanted a payout

lol how would you ever prove this? Phone recording of parents saying “our son, who we believe was not molested, is a really good way of procuring money from Michael Jackson, an innocent man”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Honestly says a lot that he was such an open secret molester parents actively sent their kids to get molested for cash, but that's p much how showbiz works. Look at Jamie-Lynn Spears.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly says a lot that he was such an open secret molester parents actively sent their kids to get molested for cash, but that's p much how showbiz works. Look at Jamie-Lynn Spears.

I had never thought that the parents might have done that to their kids on purpose.

Man.

I was actually having a pretty good night.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Something I’ve been thinking about for a while:

Everyone knows that season 9/10 or so is the beginning of the end as far as Simpsons quality is concerned. But there’s decent episodes all the way up until season 14 or so. So - what’s the latest episode Simpsons meme that would be generally recognized/quotable by Simpsons fans?

The best I could come up with is the “Old Man Yells At Cloud” meme, which is from an otherwise kind of mediocre episode in season 13. Is there anything from later than that that is generally recognizable and meme-d by Simpsons fans (not counting the movie)?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

OldSenileGuy posted:

Something I’ve been thinking about for a while:

Everyone knows that season 9/10 or so is the beginning of the end as far as Simpsons quality is concerned. But there’s decent episodes all the way up until season 14 or so. So - what’s the latest episode Simpsons meme that would be generally recognized/quotable by Simpsons fans?

The best I could come up with is the “Old Man Yells At Cloud” meme, which is from an otherwise kind of mediocre episode in season 13. Is there anything from later than that that is generally recognizable and meme-d by Simpsons fans (not counting the movie)?

Ha ha I'm in danger

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Ha ha I'm in danger

That's from the Family Guy crossover, which is technically a Family Guy episode, not a Simpsons episode

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

sweet geek swag posted:

There was a show runner change in Season 5. David Mirkin, the new show runner, is more madcap than Al Jean and Mike Reiss

I figured it was something like this.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Calico Heart posted:

lol how would you ever prove this? Phone recording of parents saying “our son, who we believe was not molested, is a really good way of procuring money from Michael Jackson, an innocent man”

This is basically what happened for one of the allegations. The dad was a Hollywood pill doctor and happened to also be a co-writer of the screenplay for Men in Tights.

quote:

On 8 July, Schwartz phoned Evan (Dad) to discuss Jordan’s (son) relationship with Jackson. Unbeknownst to Evan, Schwartz recorded the phone call.[19] Even though at this point his son did not accuse Jackson, Chandler was hostile about Jackson, describing him as "evil" and complained that Jackson stopped calling him. He also complained that his ex-wife and his son were not willing to take his phone calls either and called Jackson and his son "users". He said he had hired "the nastiest son of a bitch he could find", lawyer Barry Rothman, to humiliate Jackson [15]

Once I make that phone call, this guy is going to destroy everybody in sight in any devious, nasty, cruel way that he can do it. I've given him full authority to do that ... If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever ... Michael's career will be over ... This man is going to be humiliated beyond belief. He will not believe what is going to happen to him, beyond his worst nightmares. He will not sell one more record.

When Schwartz asked how this would affect Jordan, Chandler replied:[15][20]

That’s irrelevant to me.

Said dad gave his son barbituates during a tooth removal which is where he claimed the son confessed to having been molested by Jackson. The dad also physical abused the son and almost once killed him with a barbell.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Would rather watch a season 11+ episode than talk about MJ now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Would rather watch a season 11+ episode than talk about MJ now.

:hmmyes:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I don't know what episode it's from, but there was shockingly well executed visual gag from one of the bad seasons I saw on YouTube recently. It was the one were Moe throws Homer and Barney out of the bar and then Barney shows up behind Moe in the next frame. Of course they ruined it with a character explaining the joke, but it was still pretty good .

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I stopped watching around season 17 or 18 in my latest watch but I was surprised that every once in a while a Simpsons meme would end up being from past season 11. Stupid Sexy Flanders is one of them. It was few and far between though.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I don't know what episode it's from, but there was shockingly well executed visual gag from one of the bad seasons I saw on YouTube recently. It was the one were Moe throws Homer and Barney out of the bar and then Barney shows up behind Moe in the next frame. Of course they ruined it with a character explaining the joke, but it was still pretty good .

Wow, that sounds extremely hilarious. drat

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I’ve seen this in meme form, so I had to look it up and yes, sometimes zombie Simpsons has a decent joke or visual gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6l4b1_Px5c

Graham Fury
Oct 26, 2010
"Homer, why do you keep saying you think Bart misses his old glasses? He doesn't even wear glasses."

"Aw, c'mon Marge, you know I'm an idiot and an inattentive father! As a result I'm comically ignorant of basic details about our son."

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Graham Fury posted:

"Homer, why do you keep saying you think Bart misses his old glasses? He doesn't even wear glasses."

"Aw, c'mon Marge, you know I'm an idiot and an inattentive father! As a result I'm comically ignorant of basic details about our son."

This reads like a Family Guy script. I would believe either, honestly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Worst day of your life so far." was from the movie.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Graham Fury posted:

I feel like there's a version of this that could have worked in the 90's but I have no idea how it could be better executed now

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, wait a second! You wrote Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook on a blank map! What are you tryin' to pull here?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lowest point of the simpsons was when milhouse dated ralph in an attempt to make lisa feel bad

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ve seen this in meme form, so I had to look it up and yes, sometimes zombie Simpsons has a decent joke or visual gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6l4b1_Px5c

whenever I see that lifeless digital coloring my brain releases 'I'm looking at bad simpsons' chemicals and I quickly scroll away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lowest point of the simpsons was when milhouse dated ralph in an attempt to make lisa feel bad

:sterv: elaborate