Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is a real treasure trove for valor thieves.

stealing valor is based hth

steal all the valor

make em cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Agrajag posted:

do generals just carry around a stack of medals to hand out?

they pop out like coins when u murk one lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Agrajag posted:

That's one of the perks, yes.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Agrajag posted:

slow and steady wins the race

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Agrajag posted:

well yeah do you know how many boo boos happen on base? gotta have them purps ready to hand out for splinters, stubbed toes, etc...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

no, they’re sold at the base’s shop

yes you have to buy your medals

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/osamabishounen/status/1434969170915913729

PawParole has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Sep 6, 2021

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hobbesmaster posted:

lmao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

hobbesmaster posted:

lol we made the troops give back the hard back folder the award comes in because we only had like 5

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I can't be sussed to understand this 20 year war, I'll wait for the rug.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

hobbesmaster posted:

i think that is the most cheapskate thing i've ever heard of

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol we made the troops give back the hard back folder the award comes in because we only had like 5

this country sucks so bad, drat

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

whoa that is insane. imagine going through all that and still writing This Time For Africa. Wakka wakka indeed, Shakira...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how the hell are peeps sposed to respect the troops if they get poo poo on so hard, literally constantly, from uncle sam himself???? cant even get these busted rear end vets housing and healthcare after we broke their bodies and brains for bush's oil profits???? gently caress sakes.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

how the hell are peeps sposed to respect the troops if they get poo poo on so hard, literally constantly, from uncle sam himself???? cant even get these busted rear end vets housing and healthcare after we broke their bodies and brains for bush's oil profits???? gently caress sakes.

well i mean they are a bunch of illiterate baby killers. i support the US gov't's efforts to gently caress over veterans.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
has this all been about Big Medal

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Imagine going about life, thinking so happily that big medal was anything but a scam

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Zohar posted:

know I've posted this guys tweets a lot but lol

https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1434961851671011330?s=19

this is the real reason that politician went to Afghanistan

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hobbesmaster posted:

NO WAY

hahahaha youre joking right?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm assuming this means the base PX was captured with hundreds of medals?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Bakers Cousin posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

ahahahahah

trillions of dollars mic at work

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bagram had a ton of stuff left behind so I would guess the px’s stock was a low priority

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zohar posted:

Buy those medals and wear them everyday, if anyone asks tell them you got them in Afghanistan.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I mean all that stuff looks like it came straight out of the bagram px

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i never knew the military that is funded to the tune of trillions of dollars is too cheap to even give away participation boo boo medal to are troops lmfao

hahaha making them buy their own medals is so unbelievably funny to me

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
i remember my old drunk neighbor getting so mad that me and my friends were running around playing army while wearing medals we found in my dad's closet, but i also remember him trying to touch my dick while he was tickling me so maybe the troops are too complicated an issue to say for sure

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Buy those medals and wear them everyday, if anyone asks tell them you got them in Afghanistan.

The Taliban should do another parody photoshoot except this time wearing "Stolen Valor!" Medals

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Has Massoud been found and crucified yet?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i can’t believe they took a dumb flag but left behind the loving medals like a Purple Heart and poo poo looooolll

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agrajag posted:

i never knew the military that is funded to the tune of trillions of dollars is too cheap to even give away participation boo boo medal to are troops lmfao

hahaha making them buy their own medals is so unbelievably funny to me

it’s the entire uniform actually! there is extra pay specifically for buying clothes though.
https://militarybenefits.info/military-clothing-allowance-rates/

you see that difference between “initial” and “cash payment portion”? they’re paying you and then deducting for everything issued at boot camp.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hobbesmaster posted:

it’s the entire uniform actually! there is extra pay specifically for buying clothes though.

you see that difference between “initial” and “cash payment portion”? they’re paying you and then deducting for everything issued at boot camp.

Lmao troops are such cucks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao troops are such cucks.

lmao it's like the old concept of the company town with the company store.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it’s really loving amazing that the military literally eats half of America’s money and is the main money drain so Americans don’t have nice things like healthcare and public housing but they still make their idiot troops pay for their own loving medals hahahahahah

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Napoleon famously said a man will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

What this loving loser didn’t understand is that he could be selling that man that colored ribbon instead.

Lol

Lmao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

it’s really loving amazing that the military literally eats half of America’s money and is the main money drain so Americans don’t have nice things like healthcare and public housing but they still make their idiot troops pay for their own loving medals hahahahahah

Making the troops pay for everything means more cash to the MIC! *taps head*

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

This is an outrage. I demand a tax credit for troops who purchase medals.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

How about a means tested voucher for access to a tax credit instead?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Zohar posted:

I'm the matt bors trump patch

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

u get like 200 dollars a year to buy "uniform" stuff but of course its one lump payment on a certain date so if you need something randomly during the year you're SOL, usually the clothing allowance is spent on booze and stuff instead because of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

That's very....America