Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You love to see it.

Haifisch posted:

Johnny Hazard

:laffo: I love this duo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nobody gonna mention the German in Up Front? Very nice detail on the uniforms.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

Nobody gonna mention the German in Up Front? Very nice detail on the uniforms.

Almost like the artist was drawing from life!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kavak posted:

Almost like the artist was drawing from life!

Well. Possible a still life.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So the dickhead father was right that the only reason a rich guy like Garth would debase himself to spend time with such a lowly girl as his daughter is to gently caress rape her? That's the lesson here?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "242 - Jucika And ''Zebra''"

D E S T R O Y E D

"243 - Jucika Against Smoking"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: The Old Maid (June 23-29, 2003)

Okay. Deep breath.

In The Year Of Our Lord 2021, we have a specific term for revealing people's identities on the web.

Also... What does Rabbit's Revenge ultimately want? Nothing more than for rabbits (and other herbivores) to not risk getting brutally murdered every time they set foot outside the house. Remember, herbivores are basically second-class citizens: they can be killed with impunity by anyone. Well, everyone can be killed with impunity by anyone, but herbivores have no way of fighting back.

Rabbit's Revenge wants to "meet carnivore violence with our own" -- to give herbivores a chance to fight back. To improve their lot in life. And apparently they have the support of the majority of the rabbit population.

So, essentially, to sum it up: Our Heroes just doxxed a bunch of civil rights activists.

Also the card stuff is a reference to the deck of cards distributed to US forces during the invasion of Iraq to help them identify the most-wanted iraqis. Just thought I'd mention it.

Modern Kevin & Kell

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae the Doe is currently on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mikl posted:

Okay. Deep breath.

In The Year Of Our Lord 2021, we have a specific term for revealing people's identities on the web.

Also... What does Rabbit's Revenge ultimately want? Nothing more than for rabbits (and other herbivores) to not risk getting brutally murdered every time they set foot outside the house. Remember, herbivores are basically second-class citizens: they can be killed with impunity by anyone. Well, everyone can be killed with impunity by anyone, but herbivores have no way of fighting back.

Rabbit's Revenge wants to "meet carnivore violence with our own" -- to give herbivores a chance to fight back. To improve their lot in life. And apparently they have the support of the majority of the rabbit population.

So, essentially, to sum it up: Our Heroes just doxxed a bunch of civil rights activists.
And this is why it's Hellworld. It's not just "the way things are". Some people recognize that it's hell, and try to fight it.

And the author vilifies them for it. :unsmigghh:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Slammy posted:

And He Did! September 10, 1918

Solid Snake at work again I see

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Maxwell Lord posted:

Solid Snake at work again I see

Venom Snake or Big Boss.

...trap sprung, I guess.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (December 14, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (December 14, 1999)

Garfield Classic (December 14, 1989)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: The Old Maid (June 23-29, 2003)

Okay. Deep breath.

I knew it was coming and I've seen it before, and it's still outrageous.

Mikl posted:

Never have I used this smilie more seriously than now:

:getin:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 16, 1947)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kinda saw this coming but still, oof.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slow down Aleta, leave some for Val and Katwin!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
drat, that is some angry dad vengeance. Proper blood feud stuff.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Janis clearly used her mom senses too soon :ohdear:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That last panel of Aleta is absolutely wonderful.

Might make that image my next avatar if I can come up with text for it.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 7, 2021

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh man...

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Zerilan posted:

That foot of a dead sailor in the doorway.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

oof @ A&J

Nancy 1946

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Aww poor baby had to sit on the tarmac for an entire hour

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Hahahaha, is Billingsley going to try to take on mask-mandate wars in his patented "never name the problem" system?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

maltesh posted:

For comparison, a synopsis of The Case of the Blueberry Pies, as previously mentioned, seems to come closest to the case that this comic was based on.

I know this site is old, but I've never seen it before and it's amazing, I've been wasting the last couple of hours on it. The person who ran it posted their 25 favorite stories and these two descriptions were great:

quote:

The Case of the Air Guitar – In what is possibly the dumbest contest ever dreamed up, contestants were to perform air guitar along with music (played on the piano, which of course, sounds nothing like a guitar). The contest didn’t seem to measure style, just time-keeping ability. Each contestant was to perform for one minute. Points were deducted if the contestant stops playing at least ten seconds early. That’s it. That’s the entire contest. Why? Why would that contest exist?

quote:

The Case of the Supermarket Shopper – When his friend announced that he was going to the supermarket, an art thief asked him to pick up four tubes of toothpaste for him; knowing that the extra items would make him unable to use the express lane and would lengthen his shopping trip by ten minutes or so. The man then used that extra time to break into his friends house to steal a centuries-old painting. Seriously though, the victim should have wondered why his friend needed him to pick up four tubes of toothpaste.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Clearly, Billy's coup d'etat to get rid of the pro-math regime and install an anti-math principal failed.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 16, 1947)

My pattern with Valiant is to mostly ignore it until one installment really grabs my attention, then I have to go back and read a few weeks to catch up.

Today got me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've lapsed in my posting habits, but I'm glad you guys like Vater und Sohn. Have a double dose today!

Vater und Sohn: The thankful pachyderms (1935/30)

Vater und Sohn: Sunset (1935/31)

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Aleta “I always carry a knife,” Queen of the Misty Isles.

Classic Zits

Sylvia

100 Demons: Dancing

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

goatface posted:

drat, that is some angry dad vengeance. Proper blood feud stuff.

Seriously. People did not gently caress around back in the day.
Also, I admire the guy in the fox-head cap who is apparently narrating the entire speech balloon to his bud in the pigtails.

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 7, 2021

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Twelve by Pies posted:

I know this site is old, but I've never seen it before and it's amazing, I've been wasting the last couple of hours on it. The person who ran it posted their 25 favorite stories and these two descriptions were great:

Holy poo poo, I remember reading the four tubes of toothpaste one.

Zerilan posted:

Medenmath, can we get this panel in full? It'd make a good counterpart to this earlier one.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like Heathcliff fine, but I get bugged when it mentions Garfield by name, and it finally struck me why.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

Holy poo poo, I remember reading the four tubes of toothpaste one.

Medenmath, can we get this panel in full? It'd make a good counterpart to this earlier one.

Certainly!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I'm with her.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Still laughing at Wilbur.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bibliotechno Music posted:

100 Demons: Dancing

This is a really good representation of how it feels when something you did just for fun and joy turns into a source of self-consciousness.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

I am in these comics and I don't like it.

quote:

Curtis

Hahahaha, is Billingsley going to try to take on mask-mandate wars in his patented "never name the problem" system?

Oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moooooooooooooooooomin