Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Another Ty'Son Williams question, him or Damien Williams at the end of the bench in 1 PPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just dropped Damien Williams and I’m a fan. He looked like garbage in the preseason.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The answer is Lil’Jordan Humphries.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
Am I crazy for wanting to start Brady over Allen this week?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jimong5 posted:

Am I crazy for wanting to start Brady over Allen this week?

For real, trade Brady so you don’t have to make this decision.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

For real, trade Brady so you don’t have to make this decision.

Yea this is why you don’t roster two QBs. Especially if one is a top 5 QB.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

That’s a lot of draft capital for a onesie position

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Maybe it's a dynasty league

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
It was a 10 team league, we had a big run on skill position and I grabbed him at the end of the 8th/beginning of the 9th for spite/value reasons. Flipping him will probably be something to do later in the season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Brady is 44 years old and coming off a Super Bowl win. His value can only go down. Trade him ASAP.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ok, just drafted. tell me how i did!

league's 12 teams, .25ppr, 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 3 flexes, 1 superflex, 1idp, 1def, 1k, like 5 bench slots. fwiw, i left the draft around pick 200--got way too long and i just didn't know anyone who was available.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

league's 12 teams, .25ppr, 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 3 flexes, 1 superflex, 1idp, 1def, 1k, like 5 bench slots. fwiw, i left the draft around pick 200--got way too long and i just didn't know anyone who was available.

There are some problems here. Who are the flexes? Wilson, Connor, and Samuel? That's pretty rough rolling those out every week, and when byes and injuries hit you'll be in a world of hurt. Are there any starting QBs left on the wire, or any backup RBs? Probably not, if Le'veon Bell was drafted. Ditch him and Etienne and one of the IDPs and try to find someone who can conceivably be a useful flex at some point this year.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Would you guys trade kelce for Chubb or Ekeler and Mark Andrews? For reference my rbs are the weakest part of my roster with my starting 2 being Gus Edwards and Raheem Mostert.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
For Chubb and Mandrews gently caress yes I'd break my finger mashing

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Would you guys trade kelce for Chubb or Ekeler and Mark Andrews? For reference my rbs are the weakest part of my roster with my starting 2 being Gus Edwards and Raheem Mostert.

I would, preference for ekeler but I’m higher on him than most this year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

abelwingnut posted:

Not to be overly negative, but I think you massively overpaid for your players, and as a result you range from below average to substantially below average at every position besides TE. Hopefully you are able to make some good waiver moves early and strengthen your flexes and QB.

Edited to sound less like a jerk.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 7, 2021

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

I would, preference for ekeler but I’m higher on him than most this year.

I was thinking Ekeler myself since this is a ppr league. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't shooting myself in the foot first.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Not feeling great about my draft I just finished

1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLX (WR RB TE)

QB Rodgers

RB Elliott, Montgomery, Hines

WR Hopkins, Jerry Jeudy, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Jakobi Meyers, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney

TE Austin Hooper

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
As a reminder, if you play in a PPR league with an IR spot or two, one solid move to make prior to Week 1 is stashing Rashod Bateman in that IR slot (for the first three weeks) and grabbing an extra guy off waivers.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 7, 2021

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm a D'Andre Swift believer; someone dropped him in my faab league last year and I bid $52 of my 100 on him because he had keeper value. I thought it would be too much; I won the bid by $3.

He ended up helping a ton when I had some other RBs out injured or being lovely. And I kept him this year for, I think, a a 5th so now I have CMC Gibson Jacobs and Swift

For anyone who is interested in the outcome, I bid $51, next highest was $15.

I still think it was worth it for the security given my position, and now I am absolutely sure my leaguemates are going to be cheap dates on the waiver wire going forward, so it's not bad intel.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Drafted last night, feel okay about this team and having next-morning second guessing about what I could have done different

10 team, 0.5 PPR drafting from the 1st spot

1. CMC
2. AJ Brown
3. Darren Waller
4. Robert Woods
5. Gus Edwards
6. Tee Higgins
7. Kareem Hunt
8. Odell Beckham Jr
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Jamaal Williams
11. Jarvis Landry
12. Marvin Jones Jr
13. Robbie Gould
14. New England
15. Latavius Murray

I didn't realize Murray has been passed on the depth chart so already looking at replacing him with Ty'Son Williams.
Also looking at replacing MJJr with Mecole Hardman or Randall Cobb

Thoughts overall, and about Hardman vs Cobb?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kloaked00 posted:

Drafted last night, feel okay about this team and having next-morning second guessing about what I could have done different

10 team, 0.5 PPR drafting from the 1st spot

1. CMC
2. AJ Brown
3. Darren Waller
4. Robert Woods
5. Gus Edwards
6. Tee Higgins
7. Kareem Hunt
8. Odell Beckham Jr
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Jamaal Williams
11. Jarvis Landry
12. Marvin Jones Jr
13. Robbie Gould
14. New England
15. Latavius Murray

I didn't realize Murray has been passed on the depth chart so already looking at replacing him with Ty'Son Williams.
Also looking at replacing MJJr with Mecole Hardman or Randall Cobb

Thoughts overall, and about Hardman vs Cobb?
Lawrence seemed to have a decent connection with MJJr during the preseason while I think Chark and Laviska have missed time with injuries, and MJJr is the savvy veteran who I think will get open pretty reliably and has been a touchdown catching machine the past 4 years, and he has the same OC this year as in Detroit the past few years.

Meanwhile Hardman has never really stood out when Watkins was injured the past few years so I dont have high hopes for him, but maybe by being the default #2 this training camp will help him out? Cobb is a mystery but I feel that he isnt who he used to be.

I'm not saying dont drop MJJr if you feel differently than I do but I like MJJr of the bunch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 7, 2021

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Cobb is like the fourth or fifth option, I wouldn’t touch him. MVS is the more interesting Packer flier.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bought this team last night. Pretty happy with it: Full PPR

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 7, 2021

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1435236089686593543?t=Tves6HiHeQ8mxttBqD3ilQ&s=19

RB1 is ready to roll. (Not sure why this was in doubt).

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

I was really happy with this draft. Given the keepers and extra picks it would have been hard to screw up, but still. 10 team .5 PPR, 2 QB/3WR/2RB/Flex WR-RB/2 DEF. Hit Mac Jones the day before he was named the starter, which felt good in a QB premium keeper league.

1. Russ Wilson
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Chris Carson
3. Robert Woods
4. Mike Evans
5. Patrick Mahomes (k)
6. Tee Higgins
6. Chase Edmonds
7. DeAndre Swift (k)
8. Austin Ekeler (k)
9. Derek Carr
9. Antonio Brown
10. Tyler Boyd
11. Zack Moss
12. Darnell Mooney (dropped for a kicker)
(Skipping defenses)
15. Mac Jones
16. Juwan Johnson

TE was interesting. The top tier were all kept (and also Hockensen), so I figured I would just wait and take a flyer. Will see how Johnson does!

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

Yahoo Best Ball : 17 rounds, 30s picks, 10 teams, Half PPR, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 9 bench.

Drafted another of these and had a question about my 17th round pick. I knew I was going to add an RB I had Chris Carson and Michael Carter. David Johnson, Tevin Coleman and Rashad Penny were all available. I went Johnson because of the higher value but am curious if there's an argument to be made for taking one of the other two as insurance. Keep in mind there's no management in this league so I'm stuck with what I got.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Giodo! posted:

I was really happy with this draft. Given the keepers and extra picks it would have been hard to screw up, but still. 10 team .5 PPR, 2 QB/3WR/2RB/Flex WR-RB/2 DEF. Hit Mac Jones the day before he was named the starter, which felt good in a QB premium keeper league.

1. Russ Wilson
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Chris Carson
3. Robert Woods
4. Mike Evans
5. Patrick Mahomes (k)
6. Tee Higgins
6. Chase Edmonds
7. DeAndre Swift (k)
8. Austin Ekeler (k)
9. Derek Carr
9. Antonio Brown
10. Tyler Boyd
11. Zack Moss
12. Darnell Mooney (dropped for a kicker)
(Skipping defenses)
15. Mac Jones
16. Juwan Johnson

TE was interesting. The top tier were all kept (and also Hockensen), so I figured I would just wait and take a flyer. Will see how Johnson does!

Is this superflex? I'm not sure why you'd waste your #1 pick on Russell Wilson if not. You have Mahomes so that should have been a RB. Unless it's superflex.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Is this superflex? I'm not sure why you'd waste your #1 pick on Russell Wilson if not. You have Mahomes so that should have been a RB. Unless it's superflex.

It’s 2 QB

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Got cajoled into joining a work league. QB scoring is 1 point for every 50 yards (low) but 6 points for every TD (high). That doesnt change QB valuation too much, does it?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Got cajoled into joining a work league. QB scoring is 1 point for every 50 yards (low) but 6 points for every TD (high). That doesnt change QB valuation too much, does it?

Not a ton, but I think it would lower valuation some for non-running QBs. Figure a solid season of 4000 yards and 30 TD would lose 20 points relative to 4 point TD 1 point/25 yards passing. Running QBs that don't pass for many yards like Jackson or Hurts might come out ahead.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Well normal scoring is 1 point per 25 yards, so that's a pretty significant devaluation. And it puts a huge emphasis on getting a running QB like Lamar Jackson, Kyler, or Hurts. (and drafting Fields/Lance in the latter rounds)

Efb by Pain of Mind for the most part

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1435350914223706114?s=21

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Latavius Murray is probably worth grabbing just in case he gets signed by the Ravens right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

VietCampo posted:

Latavius Murray is probably worth grabbing just in case he gets signed by the Ravens right?

No

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

drat I'm feeling good about owning Tony Jones anywhere I was able to do so (which is all but one of my leagues woop woop). Only reason I knew was because I watched the Jags/Saints preseason game :xd:

VietCampo posted:

I bet the Texans add him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

drat I'm feeling good about owning Tony Jones anywhere I was able to do so (which is all but one of my leagues woop woop). Only reason I knew was because I watched the Jags/Saints preseason game :xd:

I bet the Texans add him.

Two of my cheap pickups in dynasty this week were Tony Jones Jr and Ty'Son Williams. Considering I have Alvin Kamara and Gus Edwards I'm feeling pretty confident right now.

Also I watched that game because I drafted Lawrence.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

VietCampo posted:

I do not think a 31 year old backup is worth rostering no matter where he goes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

He's more likely to be signed by the Ravens and sap the value of your Gus Bus and Ty'Son shares than to be of any value himself.