Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Starting today anytime I try to click a Twitter link I get a message about not supporting https protocol.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

It's actually all links in the app, not just Twitter. Outside the Awful app everything seems to work fine. Any advice?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Looks like I somehow broke something after fixing the bug. I'll look into it.

If its too broken for you in the mean-time feel free to leave the beta for the time being.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Sereri posted:

Looks like I somehow broke something after fixing the bug. I'll look into it.

If its too broken for you in the mean-time feel free to leave the beta for the time being.

Honestly, I forgot I was even using the beta. I'll switch to the standard for now, thanks.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

UglyAnarchist posted:

Starting today anytime I try to click a Twitter link I get a message about not supporting https protocol.

I've been getting the same thing and was going nuts checking system-level default handlers

e: just saw the 3.8.5 update, that's fixed it for me

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 23, 2021

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

shame on an IGA posted:

I've been getting the same thing and was going nuts checking system-level default handlers

I was equally hitting my head against the wall unable to find something until I managed to solve it, then noticing that the message isn't generic but put together by the app :doh: . Apparently google changed some things when you target android 11. Fun. I expect that to break some other things I haven't thought of yet, so I'll keep this is beta for another week I guess.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Bug's still here for me for twitter links, although a YouTube link worked fine.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Do you have a link to that link, or just quote that post here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1429794299210870785?s=20

I get the https error on this one.

On the other hand, the image previews on the imgur uploader now. So thanks for that!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
FWIW I can load that link just fine on 3.8.5.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

no worky for me either on 3.8.5

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The link in the embed works, the link to the tweet itself doesn't. What the hell. I'll take another look.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hooah posted:

FWIW I can load that link just fine on 3.8.5.

The tweet or the link to EW? The link to EW works but not the tweet when I try clicking on it or the comment button

E: fb

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The link to the tweet.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to post a new thread from the android app? It says no in the OP, but OP is from 2013.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Is there a way to post a new thread from the android app? It says no in the OP, but OP is from 2013.

No.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

*horns.aiff*

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Stuff is now working correctly and I'd like to thank you for that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just got a new phone (Pixel 4a) and it keeps saying login failed :(

My Motorola login works fine

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord

Mu Zeta posted:

Just got a new phone (Pixel 4a) and it keeps saying login failed :(

My Motorola login works fine

Have you tried force closing the app and trying your login again? From memory I used to consistently have to do that if I needed to reinstall the app on a new phone

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wow that worked. Thanks!

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Testing this out on a Galaxy Chromebook, everything translates perfectly to the app including touchpad gestures. Even the impracticality of a 16:9 screen for general browsing is fixed by sticking an awful app on one side to narrow the web window.

Posting in 4k OLED to say thanks for your years of service :tipshat:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I was wondering if the was a way to shrink back down pictures you expand. If I click them again my options are to down load and other stuff but not minimize? Am I missing something?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for questions...

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
just thought of a QoL feature. dunno if it's been brought up before, but the option to sort bookmarks by forum.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

just thought of a QoL feature. dunno if it's been brought up before, but the option to sort bookmarks by forum.

Ah sorry, I forgot to reply

I think you should take this up with astral in the tech support forum because while this might be possible in the app, it would be hacky. Much better if there was a groundwork built into the forums

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
It's all good. I don't necessarily need it. I enjoy the app and get a lot of use out of it as is.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a setting to automatically bookmark a thread when I post in it?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hooah posted:

Is there a setting to automatically bookmark a thread when I post in it?

That's in the actual site's user settings, and also why my bookmarks are 20 pages long

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's in the actual site's user settings, and also why my bookmarks are 20 pages long

Huh, so it is. Has it been there a while? I feel like I've been using the various browser extensions to get that functionality for years, so maybe I missed when it became a part of the default forums.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

hooah posted:

Huh, so it is. Has it been there a while? I feel like I've been using the various browser extensions to get that functionality for years, so maybe I missed when it became a part of the default forums.

Pretty sure that’s been there as long as I’ve had an account. I think it’s even on by default, but I could be wrong. It’s hard to remember what the defaults are after this many years.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I think it's on by default with the exception of SA-Mart, even threads you create there. Though that may be long resolved by now.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

Pretty new, only a quarter century old at the oldest

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Another Awful.apk success story

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hooah posted:

LastInLine posted:

Pretty new, only a quarter century old at the oldest

This has been an option since SAVB version 2.0.2, the same version in which radium changed from using vB's subscribed threads system to the thread bookmark system you know and love. The same update added the buy/sell/trade/auction tags for SA-Mart.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Feature Request: I know this just just happened, but seeing thread iks inappropriate would be awesome: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952750&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post517638798

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Where would you display that information?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If it's possible, having it in the three dot thread menu would be pretty great

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Party Boat posted:

If it's possible, having it in the three dot thread menu would be pretty great

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Idk if it's an app specific issue or not but emotes are broken for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Party Boat posted:

Idk if it's an app specific issue or not but emotes are broken for me

Working fine for me, maybe the secret sorcery of updating Chrome will do something?