Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Coldrice posted:

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Also, Washington numbers are finally updated. I'm sure things are doing well...

oh

they really need to stop publishing that grey part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hexigrammus posted:

When they change to a red, white, and blue background it's time to get worried.

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly asphyxiate and eat ground corn cob

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

how were horses dewormed before ivermectin was discovered

very carefully

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

turns out being exposed to covid is no excuse to not go to school in texas.

Open UP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKfmkIgtWdw

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Coldrice posted:

oh

someone needs to overlay all of the past "definitely going straight down right away" curves on these graphs

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But if you physically defended yourself from this clear case of assault, you'd be the bad guy

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Atrocious Joe posted:

Very carefully

Ah poo poo beaten lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Atrocious Joe posted:

if Cato the Younger had a twitter account he'd be posting about the downsides of pants compared to traditional Roman wear

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
the scientists, the nurses, the doctors, they look at me, beg me to do something

and i smile and whisper "brunch"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Brunch is endemic we simply have to learn to live with it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Coldrice posted:

oh
I'll never not lol at all the graphics having the immediate downturn
DO NOT WORRY
WE PEAKED
COVID IS OVER
STARTING NOW

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

But if you physically defended yourself from this clear case of assault, you'd be the bad guy

gently caress that. You deck her and leave the store. You're fully masked, and you parked your car away from camera's. You'd be fine.

(If you're white, have a change of shirts in the car, and did all of the above and know your city/towns exit routes).

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Goobish posted:

I'm still mad I never got my bumper sticker from Bernard in like 2016 , what did he do with my 5 bucks!?

i got his book from his campaign like 4 months after he dropped out. not reading that poo poo!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

Has anyone ever noticed that those who want rational debate about ideas always want those ideas that would kill the most people debated and thought about ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Salt Fish posted:

Brunch is endemic we simply have to learn to live with it.

can u really be said to be living if u cant smash an eggs benny at least twice a month

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Send them to school! They might die, but that's a risk. Life is risk! Because you have to go to work! you have to go to work. You have to have brunch, it's okay... it's work. Go to work. Go back to work!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I don't think I want to work any more.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
GO TO WORK

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

LionArcher posted:

gently caress that. You deck her and leave the store. You're fully masked, and you parked your car away from camera's. You'd be fine.

(If you're white, have a change of shirts in the car, and did all of the above and know your city/towns exit routes).

I would 100% deck her, but since I am also an extremely white, gray haired, middle aged woman I would be curious to see how that would play out. Maybe I could deck her and then start sobbing uncontrollably.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

meet girls at the store posted:

I would 100% deck her, but since I am also an extremely white, gray haired, middle aged woman I would be curious to see how that would play out. Maybe I could deck her and then start sobbing uncontrollably.

What on earth is this username post combo

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I don't think I want to work any more.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
is imagining doing violence to some random woman you'll never meet really a good use of brain power here, lads

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A good third of Americans really just need a rifle butt to the face imo

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

is imagining doing violence to some random woman you'll never meet really a good use of brain power here, lads

Hey this is just coping ahead, my therapist suggested I cope ahead to reduce anxiety.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Salt Fish posted:

What on earth is this username post combo

meeting girls at the store, with my fists

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

She’ll rethink ever doing that to someone else. Americans continue to test everyone around them and tap their foot over the line until someone clocks them and puts them in their place.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

McNugget Buddy posted:

Those preprint titers are comparable to Pfizer's internal numbers against Beta, so I'd think a 3rd dose of Pfizer would also be enough to neutralize Mu

This was exactly my take on it as well.

Show me your titers.

I'd really like an updated variant booster though, my immune system is growing tired of manufacturing antibodies for spike classic and wants some of that spike chipotle.

And yes I would smash a watermelon on her as long as I could guarantee it was on video because my GoFundMe would fund my legal defense and I'd also be famous for a while.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 8, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

cr0y posted:

This was exactly my take on it as well.

Show me your titers.

I'd really like an updated variant booster though, my immune system is growing tired of manufacturing antibodies for spike classic and wants some of that spike chipotle.

likely unnecessary

best pathway forward is probably a 4-6/mo continuing booster assuming there's not some horrendous consequence waiting for us in 10 years.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

im using my Brain Force to stop covid

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sphyre posted:

im using my Brain Force to stop covid

seems to be going well so far

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I remember recent discussion saying Pfizer is only good for between 2-4 months. With the government gatekeeping boosters I'm not sure I'm going to have the energy to lie about my vaccination status 4 times a year.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
my school does all these mitigation strategies and then the principal wants us to do dept meetings in the same room on the same day, just four ninety minute cycles of every teacher in the school sharing air, and it’s like why are we bothering with any mitigation if the staff will just share all the exposure to everyone

plus there is the teacher who wears a loving face shield like a loving ball cap with the poo poo just sticking straight up, wtf, no mask, holy poo poo, what is your deal

I’m mad

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lacrosse posted:

I remember recent discussion saying Pfizer is only good for between 2-4 months. With the government gatekeeping boosters I'm not sure I'm going to have the energy to lie about my vaccination status 4 times a year.

Ask for moderna next time you lie

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

cursed

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Mustached Demon posted:

Ask for moderna next time you lie

I tried but they gave me what ever vial they happened to have open at the time. Guess next time I lie ill say I'm there for my second dose.

Argh this is such a pain to keep track of

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
This winter is gonna be absolutely wild. Definitely going to stock up on dry goods and TP next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLavIvZdLpM

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

This is why I was interested in data about variant targeted boosters. Right now it seems like the existing antibodies are effective at very high success rates only when they are absolutely skyhigh following a boost, ie we are mostly staying ahead of the curve with shear numbers. If we had antibodies that had way higher binding affinity to variants we probably wouldn't see this rapid drop off in VE after the initial booster "surge" and could coast along a lot longer as the antibody levels drift down to whatever baseline is. This starts to look very similar to how we target flu variants every year.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Patient is in their 30s, got their first Moderna shot, but ended up covid+ and on a ventilator. Air gets into their chest cavity and both bases of their lungs collapse. The intensivist puts in a chest tube on the first side. They begin to put a chest tube in the second side when the patient decides to cardiac arrest. A second intensivist arrives to run the code as the first intensivist is cutting into the patient's chest to insert that second tube. The incision is huge because someone is doing chest compressions on the patient as the MD is slicing. Pulse comes back, chest tubes sutured as well as possible, and the patient is stable.

For now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Did everybody see that the one study everybody was using to prove ivermectin was good was actually both plagiarized and based on made-up data?

https://steamtraen.blogspot.com/2021/07/Some-problems-with-the-data-from-a-Covid-study.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZFKX_lPK7neEq0e0Sxe8iG5jkqrU7L1l/view