Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Don Gato posted:

I'm always mad those ventures fail early, I want to see Peter Thiel thrown overboard by angry residents.

You really don't want to welcome a bunch of libertarians to the resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1435277857974931458

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I love that the entirety of this article can be summed up as “There are still laws at sea you dumbasses.”

They’re seriously treating the ocean as “one weird trick LAWYERS AND POLITICIANS don’t want you to know about.”

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The funniest part was when they tried to scrap the ship and failed at that too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Moonlight posted:

I love that the entirety of this article can be summed up as “There are still laws at sea you dumbasses.”

They’re seriously treating the ocean as “one weird trick LAWYERS AND POLITICIANS don’t want you to know about.”

My God do I want to spend an afternoon with Captain Harris over a bottle of Plymouth gin. The stories that man must have.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Drake dias tracks getting worse and worse.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/ACEurasia/status/1434988780134584322

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to vote for The Guardian.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Knormal posted:

At least he bothered to wear a tie!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Protip: if you want your child to grow up to be a Russian politician, give them a unique name and some horrific facial scarring (and a tie).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Oh, the Clone Wars strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfOSA34yjuI

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gazaar posted:

The gist of it is they didn't realize it would actually cost money to have a crew and fuel, and had to give up their dream halfway to even getting it across the ocean to where they wanted it.

This is the usual result of any libertarian endeavour.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knormal posted:

gently caress!

I voted for The Grauniad.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Knormal posted:

If there's a guy called THE GUARDIAN I'm going to vote for him even if he was cloned in a vat by Putin's party

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well don't blame me, I voted for Colossus.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gleebster posted:

Well don't blame me, I voted for Colossus.

I see what you did and I like it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

that's a hilarious read. I think my favorite part is that it didn't occur to any of the crypto-bros that people might want to cook their own food and not eat at the ship's sole restaurant for every single meal. Not even a microwave in any of the rooms and only some had a minifridge.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/OttawaCitizen/status/1435639200158715911

I mean, that's just how it is

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Damnit was coming to post that one.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Me performing exorcisms: “I hope this doesn’t awaken anything in me”

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Toronto raccoons crash bachelorette party and eat all the penis candy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Not the penis candy! :negative:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Toronto Raccoons needed it after a pretty rough hockey practice, eh?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Zil posted:

Damnit was coming to post that one.

Do you need a tissue?

Wash your hands.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did she go "woooooo guns!" As she drove by?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have made up a story on my head that this person was the teenager girlfriend and a drug abuser, and was trying to make a scene to create a distraction so his personal sex toy could escape.

Theres still holes in my scenario, because I can't see how this tired woman had access to golf cart to begin first. It seems too complicated a plan and at the same time too dumb.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

By popular demand posted:

Did she go "woooooo guns!" As she drove by?

I was thinking "I have the power of God"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Facebook and Ray-Ban’s smart glasses leak before launch

I just find it funny that Facebook is cutting out the middleman and marketing Ray-Bans directly

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

I was thinking "I have the power of God"

00:40 air raider lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1crexYUuGQ&t=40s

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Tei posted:

Theres still holes in my scenario, because I can't see how this tired woman had access to golf cart to begin first. It seems too complicated a plan and at the same time too dumb.

I don't know about Florida, but in my experiences, the carts are just parked either in a corral or what's essentially a glorified carport, and they don't bother chaining them up as long as there haven't been any issues with thefts. It's not like they'd be difficult to steal in any sense. I had buddies who would borrow and joyride around the green years ago, and as long as the cart was parked back in its spot and plugged back in to charge, no one was any wiser. You just have to make sure you rinse it off if someone pukes.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Carts can be privately owned. A lot of beach communities will have carts everywhere for people to get around. So she probably got it out of the garage.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

madeintaipei posted:

How did that happen? We call them buggies down here in the Southeast US.
Oh really? Well I'm from Raleigh and I never heard anyone use the phrase "buggy."

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh really? Well I'm from Raleigh and I never heard anyone use the phrase "buggy."
it's a Greensboro expression

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh, no, not Raleigh. It's more of an Albany, Georgia expression.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

Well, this is just fuckin' me up right now.

I live in Florida, so we got people from all over. Guess I'll just have to bug(gy) people about it.

I wonder if there is a divide between Puerto Ricans who moved here directly from PR and Puerto Ricans, or Americans of Puerto Rican heritage, that moved north and then down here?

Also: did the buggies drop an asteroid on your hometown?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I have never once in my life heard anyone refer to those as buggies, and had to google it to make sure I was even understanding the right subject. I say America disowns anyone who has ever used that term :colbert::911:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

gleebster posted:

Oh, no, not Raleigh. It's more of an Albany, Georgia expression.

Have been to Albany. Can confirm its widespread use in the area.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Canada west coast reporting in: I have used both buggy and cart. I've never used trolley but I would not be confused by it because in context it is pretty loving obvious.

Thank you and goodnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I live on the west coast (US) and one day had loaded up half a cubic yard of Costco stuff onto my 2000lb hand truck, configured in horizontal/flat/4-wheel mode. A couple strode by in the parking garage and the lady was so impressed with my intelligence: "Oh that's so smart he has a little trolley".

I felt so emasculated. :downsgun: