Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know it's been discussed a hundred times on here and we all agree but man poor to middle class conservative white folks complaining about "greedy millionaires" and then siding with their white billionaire bosses sure is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kiimo posted:

I know it's been discussed a hundred times on here and we all agree but man poor to middle class conservative white folks complaining about "greedy millionaires" and then siding with their white billionaire bosses sure is something.

It’s an amazing trick played by sports owners made all the easier because there are only 31 owners but thousands of players so there’s always some dumb soundbite you can cherry-pick from a player or two during a labor stoppage while usually the far fewer owners all shut up.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Pretty sure I'm in favor of anything Brady is against, but especially so when it's something that makes the game less mechanical and predictable for old man QBs

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1435369930036289537?s=19

I dislike this but at least Kawalimus will be happy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Justice Hall lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm very meh about it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

huh okay

sure hope Ty'Son Williams is the guy he looked to be this summer

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

They just made some room with Andrews' deal. Not sure if it's enough. There's still a few restructuring candidates like Humphrey and Tucker. Not sure if Murray is worth it.

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1435354061105139716

Having watched a bunch of Saints games last year, Murray looked like an absolutely average back. Just A Guy.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Imagine the runningest team in the NFL signing Le'V Bell to run behind big Al in the year 2021. Is Harbaugh high?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's very funny how brady complains about something every year and then beats the poo poo out of everybody and ppl act like he's just a crybaby who's looking for excuses, for the last 15 years or however long it's been notable that he doesn't like some new thing. Cincinnati Bengals 10-7

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

D-LINK posted:

Imagine the runningest team in the NFL signing Le'V Bell to run behind big Al in the year 2021. Is Harbaugh high?

it's just rb3 who cares

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1435372619692343301

PRACTICE SQUAD??

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

it's just rb3 who cares

Heh you think a steeler would ever be less than a starter else where 😏

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

PRACTICE SQUAD??

evidently if a vet is signed (or elevated from the PS) after week 1 they're only guaranteed 25% of "Termination Pay".

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

Heh you think a steeler would ever be less than a starter else where 😏

Counterpoint; starting LT Al Villaneuva

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So they're already expecting him to be terminated, I am too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Being on the Adam Gase Jets really hosed up Bell, huh.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Mega64 posted:

well he got insanely paid for like 12 games so.. kinda

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Le'veon Bell come out ahead by skipping a year and the Jets contract instead of taking the Steelers deal

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No he lost money for sure

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

kiimo posted:

No he lost money for sure

unless he would’ve gotten injured during the holdout year. If he was guaranteed to stay healthy (lol) he lost money for sure

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And they made every indication they were going to run him into the ground

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

Counterpoint; starting LT Al Villaneuva

RT, the easiest position on the line in a Lamar led offense. It's still pretty bad. Villanueva sucks.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guarantee AV is going to be better at pass pro than last year's rotating cast of RTs, DJ Fluker/Patrick Mekari/???

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Cowboys win after the Bucs are forced to march 200 miles before the game after discovering that Dallas isn't coastal.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

yeah the ravens do need a pass pro because lamar’s pretty amateur at it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

RT, the easiest position on the line in a Lamar led offense. It's still pretty bad. Villanueva sucks.

He's never played RT before, so here's hoping he's still the starter come Thanksgiving weekend

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
On paper the Bengals line looked serviceable in preseason but on paper you can't see that they held the ball for .001 seconds and 2 sacks were nullified by roughing penalties. I'm worried about the interior.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

What's to dislike? He's been amazing in the past. If he's bad so what. Just get rid of him then and get some other dude.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

I guarantee AV is going to be better at pass pro than last year's rotating cast of RTs, DJ Fluker/Patrick Mekari/???

Not like he's actually suddenly worse than Villenueva but OBJ wasn't really great at RT to begin the season either. He started getting more solid games in and then it wasn't until after the swap to LT that he looked really good. Yanda retiring and Skura regressing really killed that right side of the line. Also these grapes are absolutely way too sour for me to even bother with.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

in response to ITT's criticism of their advanced roster age the Texans are looking into bringing some young guys to even things out

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1435352733469478912?s=19

Update:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1435394637728997378

Anytime you can bring in a 35 year old WR for a team that would be lucky to win 3 games, you do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mega64 posted:

He was bad as a Chief too. He's just done.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Update:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1435394637728997378

Anytime you can bring in a 35 year old WR for a team that would be lucky to win 3 games, you do it.

Hey Houston, you can sign me for just one million bucks. I'll give you about the same amount of production but be much much cheaper.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

What happened to that gigantic new Zealander who played left tackle for the Eagles?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

half cocaine posted:

What happened to that gigantic new Zealander who played left tackle for the Eagles?

He's now the starting left tackle for the Eagles!

Edit: I'm not some football brain genius but he's made huge strides from his rookie year when he was super, super raw.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wasn't there some giant rugby dude trucking fools that got signed on as a fullback or was that also this guy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey Houston, you can sign me for just one million bucks. I'll give you about the same amount of production but be much much cheaper.

What’s your 40 time and stance on being called gritty (And not in the good :gritty: way)?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Wasn't there some giant rugby dude trucking fools that got signed on as a fullback or was that also this guy

There was that rugby dude years ago who signed with the 9er's, played running back and kick returner but had the worst butter fingers anyone had ever seen.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Something tells me Houston is not exactly able to have their pick of available free agents at this moment in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

This got posted on some random suggested Instagram account not worth sharing but I had to share this.

Yes, Jameis Winston, Known nationally loved QB.