Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Another scam message from Craig Kelly.

This one is directing me to uaptga.info - I am 50/50 on this being either a politically legit scam (actually from UAP) or malware.

I got it yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Synthbuttrange posted:

No one pays attention because Scotts persona while he was still handling immigration was entirely rabid attack dog. For the first few months after Dutton was put in that post, replacing Scott, things seemed a lot loving quieter because Scott was basically at 11 all the time.

No one remembers though.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...907-p58pho.html

Piece in the age talking up Matthew Guy as a "bare knuckle political brawler".

He'll still get his arse kicked by Dan, but it looks like the press are trying to pump him up. I saw another article a week or so ago about "what the Liberals have to do to beat Andrews."

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Another scam message from Craig Kelly.

This one is directing me to uaptga.info - I am 50/50 on this being either a politically legit scam (actually from UAP) or malware.

It links to the TGA report about Pfizer/AZ side effects/deaths because the UAP's current target is that vaxxes are bad

It's hosted on the UAP's site though so it could well have been edited too!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...907-p58pho.html

Piece in the age talking up Matthew Guy as a "bare knuckle political brawler".

He'll still get his arse kicked by Dan, but it looks like the press are trying to pump him up. I saw another article a week or so ago about "what the Liberals have to do to beat Andrews."

he got his rear end kicked by a lobster dinner

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.
https://twitter.com/nomibelle/status/1435409337606836229?s=21

This is great

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Site is great, especially the disclaimer at the bottom, but doesn't look like he ever used that domain.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Synthbuttrange posted:

No one pays attention because Scotts persona while he was still handling immigration was entirely rabid attack dog. For the first few months after Dutton was put in that post, replacing Scott, things seemed a lot loving quieter because Scott was basically at 11 all the time.

No one remembers though.

This annoys the poo poo out of me because I will always remember when Scotty used child hostages to force a vote for him to have more powers in his role at that time, because holy gently caress what the poo poo level of evil even is that?

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 8, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pale Ale posted:

This is great

quote:

Get Involved
https://www.friendlyjordies.com for donations to the separate legal defense fund for the defamation lawsuit that Jordan Shanks is facing for his rather defensible allegations of corrupt dealings by John Barilaro.

lol

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
NRL grand final has is officially being hosted in Brisbane.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

meteor9 posted:

This annoys the poo poo out of me because I will always remember when Scotty used child hostages to force a vote for him to have more powers in his role at that time, because holy gently caress what the poo poo level of evil even is that?

now to 99% the people out there the worst he's known for is making GBS threads himself at engadine

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
There's a new report out from usyd and the immunisation research and surveillance centre about covid and schools

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1435455882997891083?s=20

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I honestly despise federal Labor

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Why does he look like he wants to gently caress the bird

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

SuddenCactus posted:

buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

SuddenCactus posted:

Looks to me like he's making eyes at Gladys.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

incredible how albo's spine just completely vaporized

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

He just fights tories, thats what he does.

Course he fights like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcCo6gouTc

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Sky news are puff piecing Dutton.

:auspol:

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Albo with real strong vice principal energy.

Fucks sake have a dig already, you might even enjoy it. Looking like a giant punching bag.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only people with spines in federal Labor are women.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

snickothemule posted:

Albo with real strong vice principal energy.

Fucks sake have a dig already, you might even enjoy it. Looking like a giant punching bag.
This might be just the ultimate small target strategy. Nothing is going to stop ScoMo from getting brutally dragged for his father's day bullshit, but people won't see Albo doing it, so even people who have pity on ScoMo aren't offended by Albo. And people who hate Albo for not dragging ScoMo are not going to preference the LNP ahead of Labor.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

If the electorate is unhappy with Morrison before the next election, he'll be out Dutton will be in.

Meanwhile Albo small targets his way into obscurity.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Who is there in Federal Labor that might conceivably take Albo's place?

More importantly, would they be any more visible? Would they actually do something rather than just hide in the background like Albanese?

Coz at this point I would take an unpopular Labor leader that was actually fighting the good fight, and holding the LNP accountable for their gently caress ups. It would certainly be preferable to the do/say nothing approach that we currently have.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Phigs posted:

Weird that all the LNP's opposition seem like charisma-less nobodies to the public.

Yeah super weird hey

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I used to use weird context cropped photos on tinder all the time

NB feel free to do a joke on this one

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Maybe Albo's playing small target strategy, maybe he was on the same plane as Scuumo. Who cares, wouldn't it just feel good to have a competent opposition leader? Someone who ripped into the LNP the way Tony ripped into an onion, and also the Labor Government.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

BrigadierSensible posted:

Who is there in Federal Labor that might conceivably take Albo's place?

anybody remotely viable besides the will be totally ripped apart due to partner drug stuff Plibersek are in the Senate so basically nobody

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Be careful what you wish for

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Solemn Sloth posted:

Be careful what you wish for

Perfect Laybah leader material tbh

https://twitter.com/KKeneally/status/1255743505604853761

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

God drat, that's grim.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:yikes:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lmao what the gently caress

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Speaking of, international borders are supposed to open later this year.

You can afford one international trip...

Piss on Reagan's grave, or Thatcher's grave?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's the only labour union president and united states president ever you fucken perfectionists

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure breaking lockdown rules is a bad idea but

quote:

...dozens of worshippers gathered near a synagogue in Melbourne’s south east earlier this week, in breach of Covid-19 lockdown rules.

On Tuesday afternoon, officers surrounded both front and back entrances of the building, where an Orthodox Jewish group was believed to be congregating upstairs.

woof having police surround a synagogue and demanding surrender? Thats a bit on the nose.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...nst-covid-rules

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sure breaking lockdown rules is a bad idea but

woof having police surround a synagogue and demanding surrender? Thats a bit on the nose.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...nst-covid-rules

Seems pretty sensible and restrained given I'd have wanted to punch their loving lights out.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

JBP posted:

He's the only labour union president and united states president ever you fucken perfectionists

You're right, we should cut the guy some slack on his right wing politics because he used to represent salt of the earth types like *checks notes* hollywood movie stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Speaking of, international borders are supposed to open later this year.

You can afford one international trip...

Piss on Reagan's grave, or Thatcher's grave?

I'd like my holiday to be built Round enjoying myself not anger