Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A big flaming stink posted:

how was the actual game, though? did brady's triumph really feel like a forgone conclusion once OT arrived?

Haven't caught up with the Bois thing but from remembering watching the game, hell yes by that point. You could theorize and hope and whatever but you expected absolutely nothing other than the Pats winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I don't think a single poster in TFF thought the Falcons would win in OT.

poo poo, most of us threw in the towel after the sack-fumble of Ryan in the middle of the 4th.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah once the Pats won the toss you knew it was over. Falcons defense was gassed and had no chance. If the Falcons won the toss, it isn't a forgone conclusion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bois called the Edelman bobble catch "a Satanic demonstration", and explained that they knew it was over at the end because the difference between Satan and God is "Satan signs his work".

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
yeah uh i went to check out the thread at this post and

this really is everyone reliving their nightmare from november, isn't it :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nightmare? It was the second best superbowl I ever watched

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

yeah uh i went to check out the thread at this post and

this really is everyone reliving their nightmare from november, isn't it :smith:

You know how in the Jon Bois videos he mentions a few times the Saints-Falcons rivalry.....

Barudak posted:

Nightmare? It was the second best superbowl I ever watched

drat straight!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You know how in the Jon Bois videos he mentions a few times the Saints-Falcons rivalry.....

drat straight!

I enjoyed the comment section of non-football people watching these videos learning that, no, Saints fans absolutely are this insane and having rival theme music is completely appropriate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hated: Tom Brady
Meh: Everyone else

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hated: Tom Brady
Meh: Everyone else

But his dreams they aren't so empty
As his conscience seems to be

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

watching the last part of the atlanta falcons, the thing that just struck me so hard was how utterly pointless the OT period felt in the video. it wasn't nail biting tension, it wasn't growing horror at the villain triumphing, it wasn't even a sense of tragedy. It felt like denoument. We didn't need to see how the OT ended, there was never any doubt the moment that coin ended up in brady's favor. we just skipped straight into grief-driven depression. the actual plays were an afterthought, all that was really worth talking about was how everyone was left to mourn.

how was the actual game, though? did brady's triumph really feel like a forgone conclusion once OT arrived?

Yes. By and large most people knew before then, but anyone who wasn't convinced before that had no choice anymore

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Anyone remember when cam newton refused to dive on his fumble in the super bowl and immediately turned into a pumpkin?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nodoze posted:

Yes. By and large most people knew before then, but anyone who wasn't convinced before that had no choice anymore

Yeah, by the time the Pats won the coin flip the gameday thread was already 100% LOL FALCONS DEAD

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

K8.0 posted:

No one hates Lamar. Most people think he's overrated, because he is, but who the gently caress actually hates him? People hate his nuthuggers perhaps...

The reality is that most NFL QBs are neither loved nor hated outside of their city or at best division, and most of them belong in the middle in a category called "meh".

I feel like Lamar is slightly underrated if anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, by the time the Pats won the coin flip the gameday thread was already 100% LOL FALCONS DEAD

I remember everyone telling me it was over there but as a Saints fan you gotta wait for the game to be called before you can really celebrate

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lamar is probably underrated ability-wise but he's generally disliked because he's a doofus on social media and holds doofus opinions on vaccination and Trump.

Also no one likes Baltimore.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sportico/status/1435558540442099722

Abugadu posted:

I don't think a single poster in TFF thought the Falcons would win in OT.

poo poo, most of us threw in the towel after the sack-fumble of Ryan in the middle of the 4th.

i turned off the game when it went into ot

i knew what was coming

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If europe got their poo poo together and made a super league we could have stopped this

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Barudak posted:

If europe got their poo poo together and made a super league we could have stopped this

Don’t worry they’re gonna try again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ESPN simulated the season. The Jets finish tied for the worst record in football but still don't pick #1 of course, but lol at the rest of the top 5.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner

1. Carolina Panthers
2. New York Giants
3. New York Jets (via Seattle Seahawks)
4. New York Jets
5. Houston Texans

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

ESPN simulated the season. The Jets finish tied for the worst record in football but still don't pick #1 of course, but lol at the rest of the top 5.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner

1. Carolina Panthers
2. New York Giants
4. New York Jets
5. Houston Texans

So who are the two QBs they can draft?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

1. Carolina Panthers
2. New York Giants
4. New York Jets
5. Houston Texans

LOL the Texans aren't winning 5 games. And neither are the Seahawks if Russ isn't dead.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lamar is probably underrated ability-wise but he's generally disliked because he's a doofus on social media and holds doofus opinions on vaccination and Trump.

Also no one likes Baltimore.

I'm really incredulous about the idea that the vaccine stuff is why people don't like him, although that is the least depressing explanation.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions won 7 games.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Part 7 did not have nearly enough schadenfreude.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

1. Carolina Panthers
2. New York Giants
4. New York Jets
5. Houston Texans

Bills winning the Super Bowl is an acceptable outcome to the season, but RIP every folding table and butthole in Buffalo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I always imagined there's an alternate universe where the Bills won all four Super Bowls, and Buffalo is like the Family Guy clip of Ireland before they discovered alcohol.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think the Hawks will end up finishing last in the division, but they won't be top-5 pick bad, not this year at least.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Part 7 did not have nearly enough schadenfreude.

You've already had plenty from plenty of sources over the years, you don't need to lace it with nostalgia to get that extra high.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Noted cheater Tom Brady is now threatening to murder Michael Jordan. Shameless.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1435603705634738178

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can't he just go the gently caress away already? It's enough.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
MJ would make Brady cry harder than Kwame Brown

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Scipiotik posted:

Lions won 7 games.

big if true

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Maybe we owe Belichick an apology. The Patriot Way kept Brady from making banal quips that somehow become twice weekly headlines.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

it's not tom's fault the NFL keeps losing to him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
DAY BEFORE KICKOFF TRADE

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1435609805087969280

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There have been a lot of decent DB's available to get for pretty cheap and the Jets have gotten none of them. Sigh.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jets should have put a waiver claim in for Nigel Warrior

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Texans are making a strong push for the first overall pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007