Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Travel out of Sydney to regional areas as soon as NSW is 70% double vaxxed, look forward to the rest of us getting cases leaking out when NSW explodes in cases in its border regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Travel out of Sydney to regional areas as soon as NSW is 70% double vaxxed, look forward to the rest of us getting cases leaking out when NSW explodes in cases in its border regions.

They might be free to travel outwards, but good luck getting daddy mcgowan to allow inwards travel from the plague state

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Imagine how much easier it wouldve been to convince people to stay at home if weed was legalised. Imagine the tax revenue. Wasted opportunity.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i love the game of telephone that gets always played by politicians with experts policy advice

bureaucrats to politicians: this is a detailed policy proposal for reducing restrictions once 85% of the population has had two vaccinations that includes restarting restrictions if cases begin to rise too quickly

politicians to the public: this piece of paper says once we get to 70% double jab everything goes back to normal! the end!!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Laserface posted:

Wasted opportunity.

I see what you did there

slorb
May 14, 2002
This reopening could potentially end up going very very badly.

53% of Florida is currently fully vaccinated and NSW is planning to reopen gyms and pubs at 56%.

I'm not surprised Chant is getting her objections on the record now.

Edit: At least current forecasts have NSW at ~500 cases a day when they hit 70% which gives them more time to pull the plug on it if they need to.

slorb fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 9, 2021

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

slorb posted:

This reopening could potentially end up going very very badly.

53% of Florida is currently fully vaccinated and NSW is planning to reopen gyms and pubs at 56%.

It could go very badly but it's hard to compare with overseas strategies because unvaccinated people will be locked out and we'll still be maintaining mask mandates and density restrictions.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Apparently the vaccination status check is built into the NSW check-in app as well which is a huge jump in enforceability over the certificate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it’s gonna be hard to stop unvaccinated people from breaking lockdown when a bunch of people are allowed out, hiding in plain sight

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
at least they will be stopped from entering most venues

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I find the relatively slow rate at which the exposure sites in Vic are being updated (compared to the number of cases) pretty interesting. I would have thought that the QR code check-in system would make it relatively quick and painless to pull data and upload it when someone tests positive but if anything the rate sites are updated seems to have slowed. Obviously there's investigations that go into this to determine timeframes and exposure tier, but the system is clearly not keeping up.

I would have liked to see them use a more precautionary approach and list all the sites asap as tier 1 and for the whole day of the identified exposure then reduce them as investigations reveal more details.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
unvaccinated covid terrorists will be running around coughing on people deliberately

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

bowmore posted:

it’s gonna be hard to stop unvaccinated people from breaking lockdown when a bunch of people are allowed out, hiding in plain sight

Those rules assume no lockdown, only lockout.

Businesses will need to hurry up and get their compliance measures sorted out, though. I expect many will need to consider hiring security to turn away patrons who are unvaxxed.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Wouldn’t want to be a minimum wage slave having to enforce these restrictions. We all know that’s what will happen.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Halo14 posted:

Wouldn’t want to be a minimum wage slave having to enforce these restrictions. We all know that’s what will happen.

I don't think many try to enforce the current restrictions, and I can't say I blame them.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Yeah it’s just an easy way for these guys to pass on the blame. Why didn’t you spend money and hire people to enforce our rules?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Of all the takeaway joints, cafes and stores I go to, only one has ever asked me if I've QR checked in when placing an order. I can't imagine businesses are going to be any less lax about enforcing vaccine passports either.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/MinnsChris/status/1435837373099610112

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

gently caress off Matthew Guy oh whoops

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

bowmore posted:

There's only one solution, give the police dart guns and dart everyone they see outside with a vaccine

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I wonder how many assholes will try to sneak from locked down areas into those where restrictions are being lifted this weekend.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Lolie posted:

I wonder how many assholes will try to sneak from locked down areas into those where restrictions are being lifted this weekend.

A lot.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

NPR Journalizard posted:

They might be free to travel outwards, but good luck getting daddy mcgowan to allow inwards travel from the plague state

I heard this on the radio driving home lol

WA Budget reveals $5.6 billion surplus but no border reopening date, delays to infrastructure

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

snoremac posted:

This is absurd:

Are they allowed to search parcels or whatnot? Isn't that a Federal crime?

I want to see Federal Police arresting state police. Lets have a police off.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Remember the weird prediction that saw NSW cases peaking around 2000, and the way it seemed weird that it dropped all the way to zero by January? Well...

https://twitter.com/samanthamaiden/status/1435767004842000384?s=19

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Do you really think a politician would do that? Just go on a press conference and tell lies?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Do you really think a politician would do that? Just go on a press conference and tell lies?

surely not! you'd have to have a soul dipped in dog poo poo to do something like that!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
gladys is going to get even more people killed

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

gladys is going to get even more people killed

A small price to pay for the freedom of millions.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JBP posted:

Nah graves are actually pretty expensive

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

JBP posted:

For Gerry Harvey?

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

JBP posted:

When you say millions you're not talking about people, are you.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Gotta love that the generation that was all about bootstraps and doing it tough and what it means to be true blue has so quickly and utterly capitulated in the face of adversity

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

Gotta love that the generation that was all about bootstraps and doing it tough and what it means to be true blue has so quickly and utterly capitulated in the face of adversity

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to Gladys for deciding she doesn't want to appear at any more press conferences from next week, as she obviously has more important things to do.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Shout out to Gladys for deciding she doesn't want to appear at any more press conferences from next week, as she obviously has more important things to do.

The media will eat her alive. I wonder how long she'll stick to that decision.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Lolie posted:

The media will eat her alive. I wonder how long she'll stick to that decision.

She doesn't have to talk to them so who cares!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Infinitum posted:

it's cool, we only broke the 1500 barrier and had another 9 deaths today. didn't you see the freedom roadmap? things are over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Mission Accomplished