Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EverettLO posted:

Hexagonal gaming trays by Wyrmwood is a neat idea, if a bit expensive, but I didn't think it would be a neat enough idea to support two other kickstarters with the same idea simultaneously.

Azubah posted:

Yeah, they're barely gotten their game table process back on track after only delivering the early bird tables.

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Have they got to the point where they need rolling Kickstarters to finish the previous campaign?

I don't think they've ever had problems with fulfilment, it's just that they basically operate their business via Kickstarter and fulfilment takes a relatively long time because Wood.

There's basically a Kickstarter roughly every 3 months, so after the Hexagonal KS they'll probably be doing a Halloween KS.

The big issue is that they were not setup to do Modular Game Tables, which it looks like they've finally worked out all the kinks. If I were to back a table the next time they run it on KS I would be a lot more confident about getting it (But also :lol: global wood prices going to make the 2nd run a lot more expensive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
The best anthro minis I've ever seen ends in a few days

Wyrdworld ReCreated by Fenris Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fenrisgames/wyrdworld-recreated-28mm-anthro-fantasy-miniatures

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A bunch of new games just dropped on KS so maybe go check all of that out

What could possibly go wrong with naming your game 'The Game of Life' and using a very similar colour scheme?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ejdlv/the-game-of-life

:thunk:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Infinitum posted:

A bunch of new games just dropped on KS so maybe go check all of that out

What could possibly go wrong with naming your game 'The Game of Life' and using a very similar colour scheme?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ejdlv/the-game-of-life

:thunk:

Shasn has another Kickstarter up for the sequel and you can also get a retail copy of the original: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zainmemon/shasn-azadi-what-will-freedom-cost?ref=discovery_category_newest

It’s a really unique and fun game that I recommend. I don’t get it to the table as often as I want because it can be mentally heavy but it’s good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They dropped a cinematic trailer along with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6a-g-Bav5w

Hoooo boy talk about a tone setter.

It looks really loving good as well. I love the idea of the modular tile setup.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Agemonia, another fantasy co-op campaign game, also launched today. I tried out the TTS demo and thought it seemed neat, but that price point is making me hesitate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Infinitum posted:

They dropped a cinematic trailer along with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6a-g-Bav5w

Hoooo boy talk about a tone setter.

It looks really loving good as well. I love the idea of the modular tile setup.

"What will freedom cost?" $200 plus shipping, apparently.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol at the brexit mission pack

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Lawlicaust posted:

Shasn has another Kickstarter up for the sequel and you can also get a retail copy of the original: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zainmemon/shasn-azadi-what-will-freedom-cost?ref=discovery_category_newest

It’s a really unique and fun game that I recommend. I don’t get it to the table as often as I want because it can be mentally heavy but it’s good.

That looks amazing. Although I'm a bit wary of a delivery date in 2023. Can you say more about the game?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

TheDiceBagLady posted:

The best anthro minis I've ever seen ends in a few days

Wyrdworld ReCreated by Fenris Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fenrisgames/wyrdworld-recreated-28mm-anthro-fantasy-miniatures

:hmmyes:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Mojo Jojo posted:

He said he wants his notes and any drafts destroyed when he finally keels over from living life in the fast lane

VC Andrews has demonstrated that greedy family don't need drafts or notes to have poo poo ghostwritten under someone's name.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think I'm tapping out for a bit unless anything major comes up

Of all the recently released stuff Solar Sphere appeals to my table space more than anything. Worker placement with dice? Yes please.
That said at the end of the day I have Merchants of a Dark Road incoming, and I'd probably be better off buying the new version of Castles of Burgundy with all the expansions.

It looks real real good though and I love everything it's doing mechanically.

Jedit posted:

"What will freedom cost?" $200 plus shipping, apparently.

nonathlon posted:

That looks amazing. Although I'm a bit wary of a delivery date in 2023. Can you say more about the game?

Yeah these are two very big oofs that put me off. The initial upfront cost is huge for a new player. It looks like a lot of fun to play

There's an official tabletop simulator module, so might try checking it out
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2547387600

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 8, 2021

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Saw this banner ad on the forums today :laffo:

("DM's Advice Dice" kickstarter project was in this thread a year? or so back)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

nonathlon posted:

Yeah, the 2023 date is not great. It may be realistic for Kickstarter’s now though :( You can just buy the original from the Kickstarter and it will ship in October. There’s also a stand alone of the expansion that doesn’t require you to buy both that is cheaper than the bundle.

Shasn is very simple on the surface. There are territories on the map with voters. Your goal is to influence those voters to vote for you at the election. When each territory has a majority of voters for one player, the game ends and everyone counts their voters. Most voters wins.

You gain voters throughout the game by answering questions about your policy platform. How you answer the question builds your ideology which gives you specific powers and benefits through the rest of the game. You are effectively engine building with each of these answers and that engine will let you sway more and more voters.

The questions are not easy conversation pieces. They are focused on hotly contested political issues depending on which campaign you play. You’ll have questions about healthcare, lgbtq rights, and foreign policy. You can answer based on your own beliefs but those might not all round out a comprehensive ideology needed to get strong powers and win.

Lots of people might opt out here because you will have to compromise beliefs to be successful and game or not, no one feels good answering that a lesbian couple shouldn’t be able to adopt a baby. Well, no one I would want to know. The creators built the game this way to highlight the inherent shittiness of political systems across the world and how politicians are saying and doing whatever will get them votes. It’s a more nuanced statement than that but that’s the core of it.

There are lots of other things that you can do to affect the election. There are cards to attack other players and cards to manipulate the board through gerrymandering and other sleazy strategies.

I think it’s a very well done game and probably the best true political game I’ve played. It’s a complex engine builder that does its theme very well. That theme is very messy and might turn a lot of people off. Totally understandable.

Other than having a rule book that isn’t clear at times, the game is very well made. The art is beautiful and so are the components.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Oops wrong thread...

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 9, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1435927824574128135?s=20

Whoopsie-doodles!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

poo poo not again!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We're stuck in a time loop!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It was already refloated.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Didn't it come to light during the canal crisis that it's not that uncommon for boats to get stuck and refloated, but somehow the severity and location of the Ever Given blockage that made it a huge effort?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Desfore posted:

Didn't it come to light during the canal crisis that it's not that uncommon for boats to get stuck and refloated, but somehow the severity and location of the Ever Given blockage that made it a huge effort?

Yeah a couple boats have been stuck since the Ever Given, but it's been in wider parts of the canal where it doesn't disrupt shipping. The Ever Given was wedged sideways in the narrowest part of the canal and completely blocked all traffic.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244279178/tournament-fishing-the-deck-building-game?ref=discovery_category_newest

this looks really funny, wonder if it would play well

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

There’s apparently some drama going on with that game that Eric Lang mentioned on twitter. There’s a piece of artwork that (probably unintentionally) has a frog doing the “okay” white power symbol and it blew up and got chuds backing the game out of spite. I think the developers were handling the situation poorly based on the few tweets I saw.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:laffo:

Seems unintentional? Like a traced picture? Just change the artwork.

gently caress me this is the dumbest timeline

JazzFlight posted:

got chuds backing the game out of spite.

Doing the secret racist handshake by revealing that I have purchased a fishing board game with a frog in it. (But I have to wait a year for fulfilment)

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The project could be benefited by changing all of the artwork anyway imo, questionable frogs aside. It's kinda boring as is.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

It's likely not an accident. Jeff Bergren (owns TGG ang TGG games) is his own piece of work but here's directly from the frog's mouth as it were:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

got an address confirmation email from IDW re: batman the animated series, so that seems to be fulfilling.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SoftNum posted:

It's likely not an accident. Jeff Bergren (owns TGG ang TGG games) is his own piece of work but here's directly from the frog's mouth as it were:

Oh cool gently caress that Kickstarter then.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
The designer is a right-wing grifter.

Evidence:
Long thread where he goes progressively mask-off
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2721966/i-have-cancelled-my-pledge-after-learning-more-abo/page/1

Kickstarter comments:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I was going to say it just looks like the kind of grippy position I see frogs make in nature photography normally, but :yikes: after those comments.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Yeah pretty clear that this was all intentional to get "cancelled" but be able to defend himself.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Well that's all very unfortunate news

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Arivia posted:

I was going to say it just looks like the kind of grippy position I see frogs make in nature photography normally, but :yikes: after those comments.

The original frog photo was posted and yeah, you're correct, it's just a thing the frog was doing. But still, I wouldn't support Greg Mahler or Jeff Bergren based on their very public rear end-displaying in response.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
It would be so easy to identify the mistake, correct it, apologise, and move on, but these dickheads can just never bring themselves to admit any kind of failing and get incredibly defensive instead.

In the BGG thread Mahler even tries to weaponise their experience with being a victim of DV.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I went through a rollercoaster with that drama yesterday. At first I thought it was weird but maybe an innocent mistake. Then they showed the reference photo it was traced from and I figured that out must be a coincidence and a 2 minute fix. This Greg Mahler guy was in the bgg thread and it seemed like he was just anxious about the game he had designed being derailed by this one bit of art. I could sympathise with him because I'm sure it's been a long journey to get his game published.

Then Jeff doubled down, photo shopped his face onto the frog and posted it on Facebook. Started posting pictures of Kermit the frog with guns and other memes and basically just trolling. Then those screenshots of Greg were posted and any benefit of the doubt that I was going to give them went straight out the loving window.

Would have been a simple fix. When someone pointed out it looked kind of hate speech adjacent you show the reference image and then make a minor tweaks to fix it. Why wouldn't you want to make sure the game appealed to everyone instead of trying to use your business and livelihood to try and own the libs. I wouldn't touch the dumpster fire that is anything these two are involved in.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Fate Accomplice posted:

got an address confirmation email from IDW re: batman the animated series, so that seems to be fulfilling.

I won’t believe the game exists until it’s actually in my hands.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress, that fishing game would've made a great gift

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The Black Stones posted:

I won’t believe the game exists until it’s actually in my hands.

Yeah, no one's posted a picture of anything from it since Lang still worked there. I assume we're two weeks out from the "Oh. We probably should have looked into the global shipping disaster situation." post.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, worrying about the intent of 🐸 pic seems irrelevant when he's shouting his views through a megaphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

SoftNum posted:

"I'm a big fan of Ben Shapiro" is enough to make you wonder if the game will actually work, if any problems will be waved away or jeered at, or if it will even deliver.

There's a quote by Susan Sonntag, I think, that some differences of opinion or points of view can be simply viewed as different life experiences, areas for discussion, honest mistakes. And there are others that are so vast as to indicate completely broken worldviews.