Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dy. posted:

Bell I think actually might play some football for the Ravens.

Bell is on a practice squad. There has to be an actually-rostered RB on your league's waiver wire that is a better long-shot handcuff than Bell. I dunno, maybe he's about to stage an epic comeback story and reclaim his rightful place as the bellcow of a playoff-contending team, but the odds are not good. I like to roster longshot gambles like that too, but never at the expense of a player (or in this case, d/st) that you can actually start this week and thereby probably get more points this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Sweeper posted:

After my second ever auction draft I’m still finding them hard to deal with. There is this cliff of player quality that keeps sneaking up on me as I let players go by which seem over priced. How aggressive should I be early on with the top tier players? How do people get a feel for when you need to bid up on people because there are only so many quality starting running backs in the league?

I just bid on RBs I like as they get nominated. Even if I overpay by a few dollars it's better than waiting and getting in bidding wars over Jacobs and Edmonds.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Bell is on a practice squad. There has to be an actually-rostered RB on your league's waiver wire that is a better long-shot handcuff than Bell. I dunno, maybe he's about to stage an epic comeback story and reclaim his rightful place as the bellcow of a playoff-contending team, but the odds are not good. I like to roster longshot gambles like that too, but never at the expense of a player (or in this case, d/st) that you can actually start this week and thereby probably get more points this week.

Someone mentioned he's on the practice squad for now because it allows the ravens to do some salary fuckery

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

Someone mentioned he's on the practice squad for now because it allows the ravens to do some salary fuckery
I also read that there is a chance he sees the field week 1.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
The ravens run a ton and Gus is the only proven guy there, it's not people expecting bell to actually be good again, just adding him on the chance he becomes the 1B there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked up Ty'son Williams so I hope Bell never leaves that practice squad. It would also be hilarious

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

dy. posted:

Redraft. Lance is clearly the right answer but I'm finding it difficult to let go of my precious draft babies. Will drop him.

Definitely don’t drop Trey Lance this early unless you have a top QB already. You would just be gifting him to another team and there’s no reason to do that until you are absolutely forced to by injuries. Le’veon Bell is not forcing that decision.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

dy. posted:

Redraft. Lance is clearly the right answer but I'm finding it difficult to let go of my precious draft babies. Will drop him.

Is there anyone in your league dumb enough to blow a waiver priority on Leveon Bell? You can drop the Chargers for him next week if he's promoted to starter and runs for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bell has been cooked for 2 years, don’t roster him.

Get Lil’Jordan instead

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

RCarr posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Moved to other thread.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 9, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

in here

edit: and don't have the two threads open as different browser tabs like some moron I know

it's me I'm the moron

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 9, 2021

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Spoeank posted:

This has evolved but I think Drunk Nerds developed the best beginner salary cap draft strategy a couple of years ago
https://footballabsurdity.com/2019/07/29/the-barbecue-strategy-the-key-to-winning-your-auction-leagues/

I love this. Especially the point about falling in love with 5-8 top guys and getting 2 of them. I'm generally not very aggressive at the start of an auction. I'll nominate guys that I know are good but that aren't "my guys" so that other people spend their money to get them. And then if one of my guys comes up, I'll bid aggressively while making sure not to go too overboard, as long as some of my other top targets are still out there. If you do this and are willing to overpay a little on your cornerstones, you should still have plenty of money to build out a good roster and deep bench. Just don't overbid on more than a couple of guys or you'll be building your bench with scraps.

But yeah, people always overbid on their top guys and some people way overdo it and then get scared in the middle rounds and let WR2's come off the board at huge discounts. With the depth of the position there's always $15-20 WRs coming off the board for like $6-8. Make sure you get someone this way so you can gently caress all of the mandatory $1 bid guys over at the end of the draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I posted this before but I'll throw it out there again because I was pretty happy with the way this auction shook out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol did I really just do that

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 9, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hock looking good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

just lol if your fantasy team name isn't Hock's Locks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

Alvin Kamara
Chris Carson
Tee Higgins
DJ Moore
Jerry Jeudy
Gus Edwards
Miles Sanders
Chase Edmonds

I can start five which three would you bench? 0.5 PPR

I would bench Sanders, Edmonds and Jeudy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

dxt posted:

Not loading at all for me right now either.

hmm on one hand glad it's not just me but also bad that it's a more widespread issue...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

just lol if your fantasy team name isn't Hock's Locks

How about BOOM-Hocka-locka!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1436053887312609286?s=20

I guess Wednesday 9/8 was still too early to draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1436054628706275335

Hope you got Tyson Williams.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Added Williams yesterday off FA :smuggo:

Now just need to hope that the Ravens break the curse before he’s next and that he isn’t actually terrible

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

I take it all back, pick up Bell.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pick up L Murray if he's not picked up. If he ends up on the Ravens that is going to be very good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’d pick up Murray over Bell for sure

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is it bad form to grab Ty'son Williams off wires before telling the person who had Gus Edwards in your league about the possible injury?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

LionYeti posted:

Is it bad form to grab the backup RB of the Ravens off wires before telling the person who had Gus Edwards in your league about the possible injury?

Nope, gently caress him for being slow at this serious business

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this is why my leagues draft in week 13

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Is it bad form to grab Ty'son Williams off wires before telling the person who had Gus Edwards in your league about the possible injury?

Only if it's bad form to try to win your league.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Oof. I was feeling really good about the Gus Bus. Glad I only managed to snag him in one of my four leagues even though I wanted more shares.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

LionYeti posted:

Waivers are more important than half your draft. There's no rules about notifying the owner that they didn't get their handcuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If your league has open free agency where whoever camps twitter gets to act on this sort of news within minutes, then it's the other people's fault for not being obsessed with football news 24/7, go ham.

In other news, gently caress that setup for those of us with real jobs and lives, lol. FAAB-only is the Way.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Spermy Smurf posted:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does FAAB just affect waivers? After waivers clear players still become free agents, no?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I have Gus in my 0.5 PPR league, should I drop any of the following for Murray (Ty'son is already taken)?

Kenyan Drake RB
N. Hines RB
Nelson Agholor WR
Terrace Marshall WR

Current RBs (other than above)
Mixon
James Robinson
Mike Davis

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The guy in my league with Gus is also the one who's most on football twitter, I went to see if Ty'Son was available about ten minutes ago and he'd already made the switch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

Does FAAB just affect waivers? After waivers clear players still become free agents, no?

We did FAAB only last year and added free agency this year because of covid. Both have their strong and weak points. Also lol @ Leperflesh's 2 posts on this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

I have Gus in my 0.5 PPR league, should I drop any of the following for Murray (Ty'son is already taken)?

Kenyan Drake RB
N. Hines RB
Nelson Agholor WR
Terrace Marshall WR

Current RBs (other than above)
Mixon
James Robinson
Mike Davis

I would drop any one of those 4 for Murray.