Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sorry for the triple post but also, some people like deck builders but don't have the space in their house to physically hold multiple ones. Not everyone has a palatial estate where they can store a bunch of different single player tabletop games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

A Marvel RPG where I can have Magik, Doc Strange and Blade on the same team at the same time (I'm assuming you can have 4 people at the same time on your team including the new character) gently caress yeah.

Yeah cards are dumb and I hate them and I really don't care how popular they are. But it's just like games that are first person only, I don't like that so I won't play that. Unless it's some dumb superhero thing because I'm a loving sucker and will waste 60 bucks on a game I'll only play for a week before I just further confirm I do not like that genre.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gwent was fun for a while and I'm not against the idea of card games but I'm not usually good at them. I never know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/status/1433776913634430977

Does it even count as a teaser if we've gotten a bigger look at the game before?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It's been a while since we've seen anything from that, I wonder what it's looking like now. They said the gameplay was still seeing adjustments after the initial reaction, if I remember. It's also kinda amusing, when I heard about Midnight Suns using cards I immediately thought of how I was hype as gently caress for Gotham Knights until I saw the gameplay. I think I even said "oh man, I just got Gotham Knights'd."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

catlord posted:

Ok, Jesus, I'm sorry I don't like digital cards.

I don't either but people seem to have really strong opinions about the subject so I'm gonna leave it alone moving forward.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

catlord posted:

It's been a while since we've seen anything from that, I wonder what it's looking like now. They said the gameplay was still seeing adjustments after the initial reaction, if I remember. It's also kinda amusing, when I heard about Midnight Suns using cards I immediately thought of how I was hype as gently caress for Gotham Knights until I saw the gameplay. I think I even said "oh man, I just got Gotham Knights'd."

Suicide Squad being a third person shooter instead of something a bit more unique was a disappointment for me too, even if that wasn't confirmed as much as strongly indicated by the fact that Killer Shark and Captain Boomerang were packing heat. I wonder how Rocksteady feels about Fortnite coming along and making "Superhero characters running around doing TPS poo poo" less of a novelty.

at least Spider-Man 2 will probably be roughly as good as SM and MM were

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm going to buy this game quote this if you will also buy this game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I might buy it so just to be safe I'm not going to quote you.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Quote it when you pre-order two days before it come out because you can't resist the pre-order bonuses.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Grem posted:

I'm going to buy this game quote this if you will also buy this game.

Heck yeah.

I just hope all of your characters level up with you or whatever this game’s equivalent ends up being. The most recent(and bad) MUA made it nearly impossible to switch up the team and try new things because most of your other guys ended up being so low level

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Codependent Poster posted:

But on the other hand, the game won't let my character smooch Nico or Magik or Captain America.

I know it will never happen, but they should completely lean into the Thirst, even more than Mass Effect did.

Wolverine: I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do is satisfy ladies!

Dr. Strange l: Are you ready to witness the ultimate techniques of the Sorceror Supreme? It's butt stuff.

Captain Marvel: I don't normally partner with women, but you've proven yourself as a wingman. So, you ready to serve under the Captain?

Magick: Da, we go back to my dimension and have teh sex. Warning, it will get crazy.

Blade: Hey baby. Want me to drain some of your blood, then suplex you?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Question IRL posted:

Magick: Da, we go back to my dimension and have teh sex. Warning, it will get crazy.

Want to explore my demon portal?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Blade: Some mother-skaters are always trying to gently caress uphill

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This game won't let me be some motherfuckers.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Put in romance options but make them all the 10 second cutscenes from Saints Row 4.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Quote it when you pre-order two days before it come out because you can't resist the pre-order bonuses.

If i was able to restrain myself from the collectors edition of forbidden west, I'll manage it for this.

One of the best things about moving to digital is that I'm no longer tempted by all the physical knickknacks that came with collectors editons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's why so many publishers moved to Collector's Editions that don't include the game.

They'll get us anyway.

(Plus it's way easier for manufacturing and you don't have the issue where the latest losing Microsoft console has a dozen copies left sitting on a dusty Bestbuy shelf a year later.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's no Kate Pryde to ship with Magik and no Cyclops to ship with Wolverine, so I don't particularly care about the game lacking romance options.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
An article with a 20 minute video on Midnught Suns gameplay. Haven't watched the video yet, but the recap article makes it sound... fine if you like that kind of gameplay.

Edit: Watched the video. I don't know, the cinematics they showed seemed... not great, I kinda wanted to skip them, especially when Sabretooth started talking. The gameplay they showed seemed pretty chopped up, and there was a lot of mechanics that didn't get any attention at all. The turn they showed off the Doctor Strange combo it looks like they didn't draw any cards for Blade, but it isn't explained how you work around that (the redraw feature that's triggered at some point but not explained, I assume, or maybe he just runs around and throws stuff like Wolverine did in his fight). Looks like you don't draw an entirely new hand each turn? I also don't love how characters get knocked around and then immediately run back to their spot, but since it looks like at that point at least you can only move one character a turn (unless I'm misunderstanding the "Move" counter in the corner) I guess that kind of thing just isn't supposed to matter at all.

catlord fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 8, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

S-E has put out a timeline for Avengers and are promising Spider-Man before the end of the year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Outfits inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Then what were the default outfits?!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

"Outfits inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Then what were the default outfits?!

Specific ones. They had some Black Widow ones and a couple from Endgame

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

S-E has put out a timeline for Avengers and are promising Spider-Man before the end of the year.

Based on when we first heard about it I thought it was happening last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero info other than announcement but Insomniac is making a Wolverine game for PS5.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

A Wolverine solo game by Insomniac (the Spider-Man devs) was just announced at the Playstation Showcase. Will probably be exclusive to the PS5.

I would've preferred a full-on X-Men game, but I think Insomniac did great work with Spider-Man, so I'm still excited!

e: ^^ :argh:

e2: They also officially announced Spider-Man 2, coming in 2023 and with Venom as a key player.

Trailers for both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tnjqHb1Tw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ3xNqkVC4

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 9, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In for both

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Logan is cool and all, but his character is a bit lacking. Basically just another video game tough guy. Let me play Laura instead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Officially confirmed that Spider-Man 2 is PS5 only.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

cant cook creole bream posted:

Logan is cool and all, but his character is a bit lacking. Basically just another video game tough guy. Let me play Laura instead.

Counterpoint: would people be comfortable with Laura having large chunks of her torn off and having to re-grow again in a visual depiction of regenerating health, as seen in the previous best Wolverine game?

I'm not saying they have to do that again (I wonder if this Wolverine game will even be M-rated?) but I would like them to, because it's gnarly

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The trailer had me thinking Kraven is the big bad for Spider-Man 2. Venom as playable character maybe?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah this should've been a game about the better Wolverine.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OnimaruXLR posted:

Counterpoint: would people be comfortable with Laura having large chunks of her torn off and having to re-grow again in a visual depiction of regenerating health, as seen in the previous best Wolverine game?

I'm not saying they have to do that again (I wonder if this Wolverine game will even be M-rated?) but I would like them to, because it's gnarly

ummmmm

what

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Medullah posted:

The trailer had me thinking Kraven is the big bad for Spider-Man 2. Venom as playable character maybe?

Venom is running around in the shadows while Kraven is front and center.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

He better have his fuckin' Kra-van

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought the implications were that we would be getting Kravenom.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Medullah posted:

I really hope Venom is playable. The Venom parts of Ultimate Spider-Man for the Gamecube are some of my favourite in all of superhero gaming (if you can even call that a category).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JordanKai posted:

A Wolverine solo game by Insomniac (the Spider-Man devs) was just announced at the Playstation Showcase. Will probably be exclusive to the PS5.

Insomniac is Sony, so definitely. PC a few years later maybe.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well the symbiote can't talk unless its bonded usually and judging from how the first one ended I don't think Kraven is Venom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Insomniac is Sony, so definitely. PC a few years later maybe.

It's definitely Sony-exclusive. But with Sony being so gunshy about abandoning the PS4 I figured there was a small chance for the game to be cross-gen.